Don't be afraid of some dirt - U.S. Men's Claycourt Championship - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #136
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't be afraid of some dirt - U.S. Men's Claycourt Championship

deb, why are you making this into an argument? ...it doesn't matter to me if my speculations are entirely correct or not I often just vent concerns of mine that are based on general statistics, where I feel Robby can improve his game... even if they don't completely apply to a particular match. Like I said, there's always multiple factors that can contribute to a loss... Nowhere did I say that first-serve percentage alone is the reason Robby lost his match against Montanes, only that I suspect it played one...
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #137
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not arguing, I'm just voicing my concern that you're trying to analyze the loss without having any details about it, except that several reports, including stuff Robby himself said, suggested that Montanes played really well. If he served poorly, then by all means get on his back about it, but there's just no way to know yet so it doesn't seem fair to him - maybe he served ok. So I was just presenting that logic. And anyway, 1st serve % is probably least relevant on clay, even if he were only serving say, in the 50s, he doesn't rely on his serve so much that it should be a large factor into him losing a match. My guess is that he probably played ok, but not great, and he was up against a guy who has had some seriously good scalps on clay in his career, regardless of the rankings. I understand the impulse to analyze a loss, I do it all the time but it's kind of hard to do logically when there are zero stats available

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #138

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

why are you voicing your concern? I don't need details of a match in order to speculate about it... And you think I'm not being "fair" to Robby by merely speculating?? I don't think Robby or anyone should be concerned about my speculations ... because there's really nothing weighing on them... It's not like I'm getting mad at Robby over something that may not have even happened ...I'm simply speculating on what may have happened, based on the past, well aware that I could be wrong...
Old 04-14-2006, 04:03 AM   #139

grrrr.... The dark cloud loves Robby, and it proceeded to move back over his head ... If Robby doesn't get sick after winning a match, it might as well be his doubles partner, right?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolwatcher1
grrrr.... The dark cloud loves Robby, and it proceeded to move back over his head ... If Robby doesn't get sick after winning a match, it might as well be his doubles partner, right?
Maybe I really am a jinx Robby has had a poor year and now his doubles partner gets sick just as they were doing some winning. And Tommy hurts his rt. wrist and has to retire from the Semi-Final he was playing in Houston I'm actually almost thinking of having a blank signature Maybe that would help some players, but I must say I doubt it It seems like there are just a lot of dark clouds going around
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote