News, articles about the twins... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #61
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News, articles about the twins...

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #62
country flag realtin

realtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond reputerealtin has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article about the Bryans can be found here:

http://www.insidetennis.com/0507_bryans.html
realtin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #63
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! Here's another
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines

Bryans shooting for history: Best doubles team ever

May 4, 2007

WESLEY CHAPEL · Roger Federer approached the Bryan twins in the locker room at Monte Carlo a week and a half ago with his usual question.

"How many titles have you guys won now?" Thirty-seven, Mike Bryan told him. Federer had 47, and by Sunday his edge was down to nine.

"I'm on your heels, Roger. Can you feel the heat?" Mike asked him as they jousted with each other.

The doubles triumph at Monte Carlo gave Bob and Mike Bryan 38 championships, including five Grand Slam cups and an 11-1 record in Davis Cup. Though they're still 23 titles short of the record, they're already wondering out loud if they can eventually be declared the best doubles team ever.

"We're only 29. We're healthy. If we put in three or four more solid years, we'll be right up there," said Mike after the twins finished up a two-hour practice session at Saddlebrook Resort, about five minutes from their home.

"Yeah, we're thinking about it," said Mike of his place in history. "Thinking about it and talking about it. It's fun, and it keeps us going."

The titles are coming quickly now in their 10th year on tour -- seven in 2004, five in 2005, six in 2006, five more this year, and they're winning on every surface.

How you rank the best doubles teams in history is a matter of taste. The Woodies -- Mark Woodforde and Todd Woodbridge -- have the most titles with 61. But John Newcombe and Tony Roche have the most Slam championships with 12. Frew McMillan and Bob Hewitt of South Africa have the best Davis Cup record at 16-1.

But in Mike Bryan's mind, it's The Woodies No. 1 and John McEnroe and Peter Fleming No. 2.

"I don't want to say we're No. 3 right now, but, hopefully, we'll be there is a couple of years." And long term? Bryan smiled. You know what's on his mind. They believe they can go down as the greatest doubles team ever.

Yet, even if they win 62 titles and 13 Slams, it's going to be difficult for many to anoint the Bryans. Neither is a significant singles player, where Woodforde once reached top 20 and McEnroe was No. 1.

That's not a bad argument, but doubles is a special game that requires teamwork. If all it took was putting two top singles players together, the Bryans would have been out of a Davis Cup job long ago.

"I think the singles guys look at us as just great tennis players," Mike said. "We've played guys who are pure doubles players, who can't hit ground strokes. In today's game, to be the best in doubles you have to have all the shots.

"What Bob and I have done is sacrifice singles to go for our doubles dream."

And so they play almost exclusively doubles. Bob hasn't played a tournament singles match since July 2003, and Mike has never played a singles match in a regular ATP event.

Early in their careers they weren't universally accepted, with their heavy dose of high-fives and belly bumps on court.

They haven't exchanged as much as a hello with the great Indian doubles player Leander Paes since they beat him in the Australian Open final in 2006.

"He really lit me up in the papers the next day," Mike said.

Today, they're locker room pals with Federer.

They're off for Rome for the Masters Cup Italian Open, which begins Monday, seeking title No. 39. Federer will be there as well, trying to keep the twins from getting any closer.

Swedes want speed

Mike Bryan spoke last week with members of the Swedish Davis Cup team, which hosts the United States Sept. 21-23, and was told the surface indoors in Gothenberg will be as fast as they can make it to accommodate the big serving of Robin Soderling and Thomas Johansson.

Americans Andy Roddick and James Blake also have big serves, but the Swedes believe it's to their advantage to shorten the points because they believe Roddick and Blake have more staying power in the ground-stroke rallies.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #64
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

Nice articles posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
"I'm on your heels, Roger. Can you feel the heat?" Mike asked him as they jousted with each other.
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #65
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan Brothers, U.S. Contingent Exemplify Team Spirit

For a short moment they really become one. When the Bryan brothers celebrate a game point, they jump into the air frontally towards each other and quasi clap each other with their bellies. Then they look like Siamese twins whose bodies are connected in the middle.

Robert Charles and Michael Carl, called Bob and Mike, could not be joined more closely although they are "just" identical twins. Physically difficult to distinguish, on court they form a powerful unity which during the past years enjoyed the reputation of being invincible on the tennis court.

So far, the Bryans have collected 36 doubles titles, thereof five Grand Slam tournament titles. They secured their last Grand Slam title in January at the Australian Open.

It is the fourth time in a row that they will participate in the ARAG WORLD TEAM CUP and will probably extend their success rate of seven victories in nine matches.

So who else could have received the 2006 award "Team of the Year", awarded by the ATP players' association? However, the second prize seemed even more important to them � the fans voted them most favourite player-duo.

Other than their reputation, which they carried for a long time due to their permanent victories, the Bryans are no sterile, lifeless yet perfect duo. On the contrary, they live tennis with passion and joy, their weird sense of humour has almost become infamous on the Tour. But with their bond and their overwhelming ambition they do not only promote the tennis sport, but are, in particular, exemplary for the American team.

"For us they are something like a rock. It is a good feeling to have them around," says James Blake appreciatively and whimsically adds: "Each time, I was part of the team, they brought us the victory."

A joyful premonition regarding this year's ARAG ATP World Team Championship resonated in Blake's words who again confirmed his participation, just like Mardy Fish. No wonder that the Americans almost yearn for the Team World Cup in Dusseldorf since the US team is on a winning streak at the moment. Just like the German team, the US team just played its way among the four best nations in the Davis Cup.

Unlike some other nations, they got familiar with "team-spirit" very early. Blake and Fish both played tennis for a college team and later joined forces in the same practice group. They quickly became friends, both are golden boys who also do not mind having fun from time to time.

However, there were difficult strokes of fate, which were to direct their lives as well as their careers onto different paths, which joined them even closer together.

In 2004, Blake broke his cervical vertebra when he fell against the net pole and only barely escaped paralysis. A few weeks later his father Tom died of stomach cancer. Due to the high physical and emotional pressure, he contracted a virus which blocked a nerve. Blake's left half of the face was paralysed for several months.

But in 2005, he made his comeback and succeeded to break the Top 10 at the end of last year as the first Afro-American since Arthur Ashe. The hard times did not only change him physically (from Afro-locks to becoming bald), Blake has become much calmer and always behaves exemplary on court. Thus, in 2006 the ARAG ATP World Team Championship honoured him with the "ARAG Fair Play Trophy."

Although Fish was spared such terrible blows of fate, two wrist operations threw him off track in 2005. Like Blake, Fish fought his way back and climbed from rank no. 341 to the Top 50 at the beginning of 2006. For this massive effort, he was awarded the title "Comeback of the Year" by the ATP.

They have not lost their sense of fun, however they have learned what is important in life. And to be strong together.

-- Petra Philippsen
http://www.arag-world-team-cup.com/1/en/news/

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #66
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #67
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Bob and Mike

Federer, Nadal, Bryan twins clinch Tennis Masters Cup berths
July 2007

SHANGHAI, China (AP) — Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal already have clinched berths in the eight-player Tennis Masters Cup singles tournament.

Twins Bob and Mike Bryan have secured a spot in the doubles portion of the Nov. 11-18 event, which will be held in Shanghai for the third consecutive year.

The top-ranked Federer, who won the season-ending tournament in 2003, 2004 and 2006, is 36-5 this year with four titles, including at Wimbledon and the Australian Open.

No. 2 Nadal leads the tour with 51 match wins and five titles, including at the French Open.

"I am very happy to have qualified for the Masters again this year," Nadal said Monday. "This was one of my goals for the year and I have managed to do it pretty early, so that's great."
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #68
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #69
country flag Kudz

Kudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Well done boys!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #70
country flag georgiana

georgiana is on a distinguished road

Life of Bryans: It's always double or nothing
Twins get along just fine on and off the court, and have become fixtures in Grand Slam finals.
By Lisa Dillman, Times Staff Writer
July 22, 2007

Well-intentioned, yes. But practical, no.

Trying to split identical twins, Bob and Mike Bryan, was never going to work, not even in the rarefied air of Stanford in the '90s. Not when they arrived on campus from Camarillo with the parental-installed policy of defaulting singles finals against one another to avoid strife.

"Stanford separates siblings, and they knew we were twins. 'OK, let's put Mike on the other side of the campus,' " Bob said.

Mike: "Opposite sides." Bob: "After two months, I had a mattress on Mike's floor. We weren't ready for the complete split."

Why tamper with DNA? The story holds up about a decade later through a decorated tennis career, winding through five Grand Slam doubles titles and nearly unblemished Davis Cup doubles record (one loss) and they have won all the Slams at least once, and repeated this year at the Australian Open.

The Bryans, at 29, are firmly entrenched as fixtures on the final weekend at almost any Slam. They truly have this left brain (Bob), right brain (Mike) thing figured out, firing at will on the court and completing each other's sentences in an interview last week.

"Combine us together and we're one complete person," said Mike, joking.

This ability to be around at the end — the Bryans earlier made seven consecutive Slam finals in one Open-era record stretch — has afforded them the opportunity to closely observe an artist at work and rest, one Roger Federer.

Nearly more than anyone else in tennis, the Bryans understand the value of promotion of the sport, and they are united in their admiration of Federer's affability and meaning to the game, giving a bit of a peek behind the Wimbledon curtain during the numerous rain delays this year.

"I first remember him in the locker room, singing, yelling at the top of his lungs," Bob said. "Kind of like a school kid. He's still like that."

Mike: "He's one of the most laid-back guys. He's going for his fifth Wimbledon title and most guys would be totally in their own world, nervous. He's just joking around, singing soccer songs. The last five days on the TV, we were watching [Marcos] Baghdatis play [Nikolay] Davydenko.

Bob: "The Cypriots were doing their Baghdatis chants, 'La, La, La.' And Federer got these songs in his head." Mike: "Then right before his match, maybe five minutes before he goes on, he gets in his own world. Jogging back and forth and you can see him snap right in."

The top-seeded and defending champions Bryans were close to joining Federer as a winner that final Sunday but were derailed by the French duo of Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra and a controversial call in the fourth set by chair umpire Lars Graff, who ruled Bob touched the net with his racket. Replays showed Graff missed the call, according to the official Wimbledon website.

It's never easy to watch someone else's victory celebration, and these French players have a unique way of toasting Slams. In 2004, Llodra and Fabrice Santoro beat the Bryans in the final of the Australian Open and Llodra stripped down to his underwear.

"It wasn't as bad as the Australian Open. I was waiting for that," Mike said of Wimbledon. "Trust me, you want to get off the court as soon as possible. You never like to see guys throwing everything into the crowd and running around the court."

Said Bob: "You never want to lose to, well, I don't want to say a French player. You never want to lose to Llodra. He's on a different planet, that guy."

The Bryans are nothing but resilient. They said they've recovered from the Wimbledon loss and are aiming for their seventh title of 2007 and fourth at UCLA. In Saturday's semifinals at the Countrywide Classic, they defeated the South African team of Jeff Coetzee and Wesley Moodie, 6-4, 7-6 (4).

This tournament at UCLA is also their first one with the new Prince '03 Speedport Black racket, having just switched from Wilson. It's hard for a player to leave a familiar racket.

But technology marches on and so do the Bryans even though they've been the top doubles team on the ATP Tour three of the last four years.

"Once you have a few wins, you feel like that's my stick forever," Mike said. "But I think we can get better. I've already blown a few serves by people — I'm starting to serve like Bob."

--
georgiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #71
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Great article, thanks!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #72
country flag Kudz

Kudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article. Thanks for posting it.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #73
country flag georgiana

georgiana is on a distinguished road

A nice article about the twins can be found here:

http://www.pulsedt.com/blogs/default.asp?Display=671

Serving up double the fun on and off the court

* By: downtowner
* On: 08/07/2007 15:51:23
* In: Cover Story
* Comments: 0

By Jessie Gridley

MASON Bob and Mike Bryan (USA) double the talent and charisma, both on and off the tennis court.
They currently hold the No. 1 title of the doubles tennis team since 2003 with 40 doubles titles.

The Bryan brothers are on the roster for Cincinnati's 2007 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, along with other players ranked internationally in the top 20, such as Andy Roddick (USA), Roger Federer (Switzerland) and Rafael Nadal (Spain).

The identical twins describe their moves on the court as mirrored Bob building power with the racket in his left hand while Mike lunges toward the ball with his racket in his right hand.

Phil Smith, director of marketing and communications for Western & Southern Financial Group Masters & Women's Open, works year-round to plan each year's tournaments. He is the father of 5-year-old twin daughters, and says that the best way to tell the Bryan twins apart on the court is to look at the twins' hands or necks.

"I just hope Bob decides to wear the necklace," says Smith, referring to the dark, beaded necklaces the twin usually sports.

"It's a lot of fun playing with him (twin brother Bob) sharing victories and experiences with each other," says Mike.

The brothers agree that they hold an advantage over other doubles teams. First, they play tennis with opposing hands. Second, they've been on the court with each other since the womb, when their mother played at a ripe eight months into her pregnancy. And third, their coach, David MacPherson, is a former opponent who knows through competition their weaknesses.

Voted Sexiest Man (or men) Alive by People magazine The Bryan twins appeared doubly delicious in the Nov. 27, 2006 issue of People in their Sexiest Man Alive issue. The doubles tennis team appeared in the same category with NFL twins Tiki and Ronde Barber.

Mike shies away at the topic, saying "It put our faces out there but [was] a little embarrassing."
Bob adds, "Yeah we took some crap. Andy Roddick and James Blake were definitely giving us crap."
He adds with laughter, "But they have all been in there too."

As far as their love lives, Mike says he and his brother both have girlfriends, who also plan on coming to Lindner Family Tennis Center to cheer on the brothers.

Mike says that he and his brother live together in California and "we aren't splitting up until one of us gets hitched."
advertisement
Off the Court On the court the twins have constantly-evolving goals for their game to improve. Bob says that the duo's next goal is to beat "The Woodies" in the doubles title of tennis. Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde hold 61 doubles titles, while the Bryans are on a roll with 40 doubles titles.

The competitive twins know that it takes hard work to win, but also find time to have fun and explore other interests, such as music.

"When you get it (a win) done, it's party time," says Bob.

And having fun is definitely part of the twin's off-court pastimes. The two have a band and often play at kickoff player parties at tournaments and with friends back at home in California.

Just like a well-oiled machine on the court, Mike also sets the rhythm on the drums and plays the guitar. Bob performs on the keyboard, and says that the two decided to take up the hobby after hundreds of hours put up in hotels while playing the game they love.

"Anytime we can jam, it takes your mind off things," says Mike.

The two are excited to come to Cincinnati for the Masters Open. With the top 20 players showing face, Bob and Mike are sure to see some fierce competition as well as old friends.

"We are great buddies with all the American players," says Bob, "You'll fight hard on the court and have a beer after the match."

Behind the Net
Smith says that this is his 20th year with the Cincinnati-based tournament, but that it has been coming to the Queen City for 109 years.

He expects around 165,000 spectators to attend the Masters Open at the Lindner Family Tennis Center this year. One of the perks of Lindner, in his opinion, is the intimacy that the crowd and players experience with each other with the stands being so close to the courts.

"There is nobody who is not coming," says Smith, who says that a tournament like this year's is really rare to see, with all 20 of the top 20 players attending, pending no injuries.

He says there are always 12 undecided players when coming into tournament time. Seven wildcards are given out during qualifying matches being held on Saturday, Aug. 11 Sunday, Aug. 12. One player receives a special exemption wildcard and four others are decided by a small team of tournament officials, including Smith.

The Bryan twins were one of the teams who received a wildcard for the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters in 1999.

"Yeah, we were pretty skinny six-footers weighing 130 pounds Not ready to be on tour," says Bob.
Four years later the lanky boys beefed up to about 190 pounds and swept the 2003 doubles title at Western & Southern Financial Group Masters & Women's Open.

"It's one of the most well-done tournaments," says Mike, adding that this week is just another chance for the brothers to combine skill and confidence to reach some of their goals.

For more information or to order tickets visit the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters & Women's Open Web site at www.cincytennis.com.
georgiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #74
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.atptennis.com/en/news/2007/bryans_clinch.asp

Bryan Bros. Clinch Stanford ATP Doubles Race © Getty Images
American brothers Bob and Mike Bryan have clinched the Stanford ATP Doubles Race for the third consecutive year and for the fourth time in the past five years. The Bryans have held a commanding lead all season since beginning the year with the Australian Open title. The Bryans currently have an unassailable 390-point lead over No. 2 team Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor.
The Bryans, who next week will play the pivotal doubles rubber in the United States’ Davis Cup semifinal in Sweden, have won a career-high eight titles in 2007: the Australian Open, ATP Masters Series crowns in Miami, Monte-Carlo and Hamburg, Las Vegas, Houston, Los Angeles and Washington. They have a 63-9 record on the season and have reached finals in 12 of the 18 tournaments they have played.
The Bryans will now set their sights on winning 10 or more titles for the first time in their careers and winning a third Tennis Masters Cup doubles crown in Shanghai in November.
Mike Bryan said: "Every year we set out with one main goal: to finish No. 1. I think we played some of the best tennis of our careers and worked hard to improve. We feel lucky to be in this position again considering how many tough teams we compete against."
Bob Bryan said: "When we started out we dreamed of finishing No. 1 in the world, but never imagined that we'd be there four out of the last five years. It's been such an amazing year for us with a career-best eight titles so far. We're really looking forward to playing the Masters Cup in Shanghai and hope to finish the year strong."
The legendary Australian pairing of Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde is the only other team to finish No. 1 for three straight years (1995-97). The Bryans are the first team to finish No. 1 four times in five years, but ‘the Woodies’ hold the record for most year-end No. 1 finishes (five), having also topped the team standings in 1992 and 2000.
The Bryans have won 41 career titles and stand fifth in the list of Open Era team titles leaders. The Bryans and Knowles/Nestor are the only teams to have clinched berths at the 2007 Tennis Masters Cup.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #75
country flag Tytta!.
(: