News, articles about the twins... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #31
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News, articles about the twins...

thanks Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
but Mike Bryan caused a stir by hitting a ball into Navratilova's chest. After a sincere apology, play continued.
he was still bitter after losing to his bro and her before that
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #32
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Brothers Bryan show off on Centre Court

World's No. 1 doubles team wins exhibition

By JOHN SHEARER, Special to the News Sentinel
December 15, 2006

LOUISVILLE - For Bob and Mike Bryan, the top-ranked professional doubles tennis players in the world, being able to serve the Blount County community while hitting a few serves during an exhibition at Centre Court Racquet Club on Thursday night seemed worthwhile.

"We have been on the road doing exhibitions for the last 10 days and it fit in with our schedule nicely," said Bob, adding that they have played previously in the Knoxville area in the Challenger tournaments. "We know a lot of people in the area and are good friends with (University of Tennessee assistant tennis coach) Chris Woodruff."

Approximately 350 people - many of whom paid $100 a ticket - turned out to watch the 28-year-old identical twins from Florida defeat former UT standouts Woodruff and Mario Toledo 8-3 in a pro set exhibition.

Proceeds benefited the Blount County Education Foundation.

In a tune-up to the main match, the Bryans played four games each with or against eight local players who had won various division tournaments at the club. Those included Jennifer Simpson, Joanne Huddleston, Jackie French, Travis Ferguson, Ryota Yoshida, Amir Salem, Cameron Dickerson and James Dickerson.

They also conducted clinics at the center.

In the matches against the club players, they simply had fun. On one occasion, Bob gave the brothers' _familiar chest bump to 8-year-old Salem after a winning point. During another match, their father, Wayne, who also is their business manager and served as the announcer, made his famous sons try to hit shots while holding hands with people from the audience.

While fans cheered primarily for Woodruff and Toledo, they did give the Bryans a loud applause when they changed from blue shirts into University of Tennessee shirts after the fifth game.

The Bryans - who have won four Grand Slam double titles, including the Australian Open and Wimbledon earlier this year - say they hope to have five to seven years of good tennis left, including playing in the Olympics in 2008.

In contrast to singles, where the top men in the world usually peak in their early 20s, they say that 30 is considered the ideal age for doubles on the professional level because more refined skills are needed.

Although they both have played plenty of singles, including when Bob won the NCAA in 1998 while they were at Stanford, they feel they have made the right decision focusing on doubles.

"We decided about 4 or 5 years ago that we wanted to do doubles," said Mike. "We get more satisfaction out of doubles victories."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1215tennis1_w500.jpg (95.6 KB, 10 views)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #33
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan Brothers, doubles champs, rock the house
Scene & Heard
From the Baltimore Sun

By Sloane Brown
Special to the Sun

December 17, 2006

You may know Bob and Mike Bryan as the world's No. 1-ranked doubles team in tennis. But, who knew that they were dynamite on keyboards, guitar and drums in their own Bryan Brothers rock band?

Just ask any of the gang - like Baltimore CEO Club president Doug Strouse, tennis champions Andrea Leand and Elise Burgin, Baltimore Tennis Patrons board member Gail Hagerty and tennis teaching pro Ronald Scott. They were all at the Rock-n-Racquets Reception and Auction shindig that Baltimore-born tennis champ Pam Shriver throws every year, the night before her annual Mercantile Tennis Challenge.

"They like music as much as they like tennis," their father, Wayne Bryan, explained, as his sons rocked the Hippodrome Theatre's reception hall. The elder Bryan apparently set the family standard, working as a tennis coach and performing in his own rock 'n' roll band for the last 30 years.

"We used to bring the boys to some of our gigs when they were small, and they'd sleep behind the stage," Wayne Bryan said. Those same band members continue to perform with the younger Bryans, who have apparently rebelled against playing just the old rock standards, according to their dad. "They play [songs by] U2, Dave Matthews, John Mayer. So, they've made the band learn them."

The rebellion certainly was a victory this particular night; the audience thoroughly enjoyed the show. How could you not, when Shriver and former doubles partner Martina Navratilova acted as the band's go-go dancers during its opening number, "Brown-Eyed Girl"?

"I think they missed their calling," noted Clinton Kelly, president of Baltimore Tennis Patrons, the night's top beneficiary. His friend Tom Wilcox, Baltimore Community Foundation president, heartily agreed.

"What a wonderful prelude to tomorrow night," said Sharon Perfetti, director of the Cool Kids Campaign, one of the party's other beneficiaries.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #34
country flag Deboogle!.

From the latest issue of ESPN Magazine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bryansespnmag.jpg (334.3 KB, 42 views)

Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #35
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From the latest issue of ESPN Magazine
Thanks Deb!
I like their almost non-tennis interviews!
Mashik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #36
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

BRYAN‑BRYAN/Bjorkman‑Mirnyi

7‑5, 7‑5

An interview with:

BOB and MIKE BRYAN

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. Bjorkman and Mirnyi beat you the last four times. Was that sweet revenge?

BOB BRYAN: Three or four?

MIKE BRYAN: He probably knows better than us. Last year they beat us in three finals. We finally beat Jonas in a Grand Slam final. He was 3‑0 against us.

BOB BRYAN: 3‑1. We beat him at the US Open.

MIKE BRYAN: He's a tough player. Yeah, it feels kind of like a little revenge. You know, we'd be happy to beat anyone in there.

A Grand Slam final is a Grand Slam final. It's good to beat a tough player like Jonas. He doesn't give you the match.

Q. You've won all four Grand Slam doubles titles. Have you any ambitions left?

BOB BRYAN: We always want to play well at these tournaments, these Grand Slams. I think it's where you're remembered in this game. We want to stack up against some of the great teams.

By winning all four, that put us in the history books. Davis Cup's big for us. We always want to play well at Davis Cup. We lost in the finals to Spain that one year. I know James Blake and Andy Roddick are really ambitious about the Davis Cup. We want to help them win that.

Q. What makes you a great doubles team?

MIKE BRYAN: We're twins. We've been playing together since we were five years old. We're a lefty‑righty combination. Bob is a huge server; I'm a pretty good returner. If you play thousands of matches together, you're going to flow well out there on the court.

We don't use too many signals. We just wing it now. We've played so many matches that we kind of read each other's minds out there.

Q. How do you compare this win with your other Grand Slam wins?

BOB BRYAN: Every one is special. It's great to come out and start this year well. We're on top of the rankings right now. It's good to have that little one up on everyone to start the year.

I can't say it's more special than any other ones we had. Winning that first one is awesome. Winning Wimbledon was a dream come true just because it completed the set of four. Winning the Open in our own country was certainly special also.

But to come down here and get to the finals four years in a row, to defend our first ‑‑ it's the first time we've ever defended a Grand Slam. That's also special.

Q. You spoke about wanting to stack up against the great doubles teams. In your opinion, who are those teams?

BOB BRYAN: The Woodies are up there. McEnroe/Fleming. Eltingh/Haarhuis, they won all four. Who else would you consider?

MIKE BRYAN: Stan Smith and Bob Lutz. You can go back. I'd say at the top of the list, you probably would have to say the Woodies. For us, I think they're the greatest team of all time. What they did at Wimbledon, their domination, they dominated over a decade. Just playing against them, we actually were lucky enough to play against them. Them not being big guys, they still dismantled teams with their poaching, their intelligent play out there.

Yeah, I think definitely on paper and being able to play against them, I think they're the greatest team to ever play.

Q. What do you think set them apart? Was it their intelligence?

MIKE BRYAN: They used the angles. They didn't have a big serve, but they used the angles. Yeah, they dissected teams. They had the great scouting reports, would figure out ways to beat, you know, the big teams. I think they won five Wimbledons in a row. Grass is a surface that neutralizes. It's pretty short points. They somehow won five in a row.

BOB BRYAN: That's probably what was so impressive. They didn't have a huge weapon, but they were able to use their minds, their solid Aussie volleys to really tear teams up.

Q. Do you ever get the hankering to go out and play singles?

BOB BRYAN: This is what we do. This is kind of where we want to leave our mark. It's tough now. The way the rankings are set up, we'd have to go back to the minor leagues and play over in Waco, Texas, for two years, grind it out. We don't have that kind of time any more at 28 years old.

This is what the sponsors pay us to do, is play doubles. They want to see us on the doubles court. We're loving doing it. We have more fun. It's more gratifying to win a doubles match with Mike, to share it with him.

Q. Have you ever had the feeling that maybe you'd like to split up at some stage?

MIKE BRYAN: No.

Q. Never crossed your mind?

MIKE BRYAN: It has crossed our mind when we have those tough moments when we're fighting after a loss. We're in this together. We're going to finish our careers together. Yeah, as Bob said, it's more special winning. Obviously it hurts a little bit worse losing with your twin brother because, you know, he feels like he can say anything to me and I can say anything to him ‑ and we usually do.

Yeah, I mean, we're having a great time doing this thing together.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #37
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Bryans back-to-back
by Aaron Lawton
Saturday, 27 January, 2007

Bob and Mike Bryan, the world's leading doubles combination, have claimed their second Australian Open crown with a 7-5 7-5 win over rivals Max Mirnyi and Jonas Bjorkman on Day 13 at Melbourne Park.

Heading into their fourth consecutive finals appearance at the year’s first Grand Slam, the American brothers were favourites, despite Mirnyi and Bjorkman being the tournament's No.2 seeds.

However, with Bjorkman and Mirnyi boasting wins from the last three clashes between the pairs, most notably to claim the title at Roland Garros last year, the match was always going to be hotly contested.

However, after one hour and 33 minutes it was the American duo that emerged victorious with their fifth career victory over Mirnyi and Bjorkman in the ninth meeting.

Aware of their recent form against the Swede and Belarussian, the Bryans said this year's title was a chance to exact revenge after falling in Paris last year.

"Last year they beat us in three finals. We finally beat Jonas [Bjorkman] in a Grand Slam final. He was 3-0 against us," said Mike. "He's a tough player so it feels kind of like a little revenge. You know, we'd be happy to beat anyone in there."

"A Grand Slam final is a Grand Slam final. It's good to beat a tough player like Jonas. He doesn't give you the match. We always want to play well at these tournaments, these Grand Slams. I think it's where you're remembered in this game," added Bob.

"We want to stack up against some of the great teams."

In a tight first set that lasted 43 minutes, it was the Bryan brothers who edged ahead late in the contest.

After both pairs had battled to hold serve throughout the early stages of the first set, the Americans finally pulled into the lead after breaking Bjorkman's service game, which would have taken the set to a tiebreaker.

With two set points in hand, the Bryans squandered the first before managing to wrestle control of the match after converting the second one.

Then, in much the same fashion as its predecessor, the second set proved to be another evenly-matched contest.

But again it was the tournament's top seeds who came out on top after another service break late in the match.

Trailing 6-5 and with Bjorkman serving to take the second set to a deciding tiebreaker, the Bryans were unable to capitalise on five championship points before finally breaking with their sixth to claim the title.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #38
country flag Deboogle!.

Bryan Brothers Attend Brit Awards in London

Bob and Mike Bryan, leaders of the Stanford ATP Doubles Race, revelled in the atmosphere of the Brit Awards - the annual U.K. pop music awards - at Earl’s Court in London on Wednesday night.

Bob, who plays keyboards in the Bryan Brothers Band, said: "We always try and go to shows whenever we can. It was an awesome night, with so many great acts. We had a blast.

"The Killers and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers were our favorites. And it was great to see Oasis play 'Don't Look Back In Anger' at the end - such a great song - that gave us the goosebumps."

Having helped the United States to victory against the Czech Republic in the Davis Cup World Group first round, the 28-year-old twins flew to London to practise at Queen’s Club in preparation for the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bryans_britawardsjpg.jpg (41.4 KB, 24 views)

Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #39
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

They were at Queens Club?

I should have practised on Wednesday, then I would have seen them.

I hope they're still there on Friday.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #40
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #41
country flag Deboogle!.

not a "news" or an "article"

but I finally ripped this show with the guys on TTC, they take a boat ride with Murphy Jensen on the Seine River, it's cute

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=7082

Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #42
country flag Pigpen Stinks

Pigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question for you Bryan fans. When receiving do they play forehands or backhands down the middle?
Pigpen Stinks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #43
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

but I finally ripped this show with the guys on TTC, they take a boat ride with Murphy Jensen on the Seine River, it's cute

Thank you very much Deb!
Mashik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #44
country flag thegreenkat

thegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond reputethegreenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

OMG! Deb, thanks SO much!! *many many kisses*

visit my page *kiss kiss*
thegreenkat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #45
country flag Kudz

Kudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond reputeKudz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Any chance of someone uploading it to megaupload or something similar? Thanks.