Which board hosts the dumbest tennis fans? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which board hosts the dumbest tennis fans?

MTF 'tards (most critically, GM aka General Morons) 17 47.22%
Tennis Warehouse numbskulls 8 22.22%
the Tennis Week garbage heap 1 2.78%
ESPN geniuses 15 41.67%
Tennis-x aliens 5 13.89%
the BBC brain surgeons 5 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #31
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which board hosts the dumbest tennis fans?

I once met a lady called Katherine Deadman, it was her real name it the business card. Scary
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #32
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Katherine Deadman That's a great name!

Imagine if she were a tennis player, just think of all the corny headlines she'd get.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #33
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
The BBC boards are very bad. I had signed up for them a while back before they "upgraded" the boards and now it's like watching what the cat drags in. Very British-centric but the boards are also so confusing that I don't even bother posting there anymore. I can't even read them.
Yeah, before they "upgraded" them, I really enjoyed the BBC boards. Even though they focused far too much on British and female tennis, they were still fun and had some good posters. I think almost everyone complained about the new messageboards because they were so confusing.

Oh well, thank-goodness I found MTF
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:43 AM   #34
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Have you guys ever been to the AOL tennis boards?

Old 03-01-2006, 05:26 AM   #35
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

No...and I don't think I will now...lol

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #36
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

AOL has tennis boards? Are they free? I dumped my AOL account a while ago.

Another board I found that is pretty lame is Eurosport's. They're Eurocentric but not as bad as the BBC. They seem to spend most of their time ranting about Eurosport's crummy tennis coverage. Eurosport's coverage is a lot worse than ESPN's.

blosson, I didn't add the ar.com boards to the list because I was trying to think of general tennis messageboards, not fan boards.

The fan boards over at Federer's site used to be as bad as ar.com's but both groups seem to have matured a bit in the past year. Neither are as teenyboppery as they used to be.

---------

Continuing from the "Andy's pullout" thread in tennis-x, mimi responded to me and I responded in kind:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi
Tangerine, is there no end to your distorted views on anything having to do with Roddick? Obviously, he's your favorite and all, but you seem to lack the ability to find any fault with him.
There's plenty of faults with him and if you think all I do is "kiss Roddick's ass" than you, or Beer Me or whoever, needs to take a remedial reading class if you actually get this idea from my blog.

From what I've seen here so far, none of you have fingered any of Roddick' weaknesses, all you do is whine about stuff that doesn't matter, such as him pulling out of tournaments and actling like it's a crime against God and nature. I've never seen any discussion on this board that actually examines a players' game. All you people do is snark all day long trying to one-up each other to show how clever you all are. I come in here to stir things up and give you a different perspective and now people are whining that they need an "ignore" feature here because they can't handle a different opinion that doesn't live to bash on Roddick, Hewitt, or any of your other favorite targets. Aw.

Quote:
Each time a player loses, tangerine, the "upside" is that he/she has extra time to rest for the next event. Roddick, therefore, hasn't simply gone from tournament to tournament start to finish. He hasn't gone deep in that many tournaments this year, so there shouldn't be any fatigue...He's had breaks, not "constant playing."
Traveling to and from different tournaments is also fatiguing. Firing a coach you like and then having to wing it in tournaments is mentally fatiguing. Losing badly is mentally fatiguing and it takes a while for an unconfident player to recover from that. There are so many other factors at work here besides the physical aspect.

And again, there is no reason why Roddick should play DC and also three tournaments straight which would jeopardize his IW points. He probably won't successfully defend his points anyway but at least he's giving himself a head start and some time to regroup. This is not a lame excuse. It's a smart move on his part and Bellamay should have expected Roddick's pullout.

I do agree that Roddick complaining about the schedule and then overscheduling himself is questionable logic on his part and makes him look like a hypocrite.

Quote:
Stop taking the Roddick attacks so personally. It really makes you look quite foolish in your constant attempts to "defend his honor." I must say it is entertaining however.
I don't take attacks against Roddick personally. My goal is to correct incorrect information from tennis "news" sites and their sheep posters who believe everything they read.

I'm glad I entertain you. The feeling is mutual. Tennis-x was boring until I came along and pissed everyone off. I like it here so I'll be staying for a while. Get comfy. 8)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 03-01-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #37
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Tangy! You broke free from AOHell?!!? Yay!

however, your MTF registered address is still your AOL Address, so maybe you should change that?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #38
country flag WuMiE

WuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond repute

The dumbest fans are from RDS.ca no doubt !

GOOD LUCK TO :

ANDY RODDICK || JAMES BLAKE || MARDY FISH || ANDRE AGASSI || BOB & MIKE BRYANS

MARAT SAFIN || TOMMY HAAS || TIM HENMAN || RICHARD GASQUET || NICOLAS ALMAGRO || MARCOS BAGHDATIS || GUILLERMO CORA || JUAN CARLOS FERRERO || CARLOS MOYA || FRANK DANCEVIC || SCOVILLE JENKINS
WuMiE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #39
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

I find it a bit unfair that even after I resigned as moderator of TW and left the forums, I'm still getting bashed. IS THERE NO END?!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:28 AM   #40
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle
I find it a bit unfair that even after I resigned as moderator of TW and left the forums, I'm still getting bashed. IS THERE NO END?!
NOELLE, YOUR TOO GOOD FOR THEM!

partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #41
Last dance, Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle
Noelle!!! I didn't even know that you'd left. TW is poorer without you now.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #42
country flag Noelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Noelle!!! I didn't even know that you'd left. TW is poorer without you now.
Thanks. I didn't mean to be so dramatic about it and all--and now I'm even considering returning. I need to detox badly from that place, though.

It's comments like what I'm going to quote that make me think twice about returning to TW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox
I'm sorry guys, but you're all wrong about why noelle left. She left because i crictised her for flaunting her new moderator powers and i advised her that people may leave if she abuses her powers.

Anyways she can't stay away for any major length of time.
Because she adores being the center of attention
, just like aykhan.
Geez. As if I needed to create more drama.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #43
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

GM, Tennis Warehouse, and ESPN.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #44
Last dance, Andy

Tennis-Xtreme Dumbasses strikes again. Gotta love how Richard Vach (the editor) can never admit when he makes a mistake (which is, like, every day)

In their "news" section:

Posted Feb 28
What will be Andy Roddick's fine for pulling out of Las Vegas over the weekend, leaving the Roddick-centric tournament hanging in regard to their full-on-Andy press of advertising?

Posted today March 2
There will apparently be no fine for Andy Roddick citing fatigue in pulling from the ATP stop in Las Vegas as, according to ATP rules, players can miss one International Series event and one International Series Gold event citing illness, and two Masters Series events citing a malady during the year.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 03-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #45
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

They probably ripped off my research when I looked up the rules and pasted them here

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote