The "rant here until Andy's next tournament" thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #106
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "rant here until Andy's next tournament" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotee
Catch your breaths Andy fans for this breaking news:

Marcos Baghdatis has committed to play the Houston Clay Courts, where Andy usually shines & feels most comfortable.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3687420.html

I hope if Andy does play Marcos there, Andy's not mentally freaked out by flashbacks to Australia. If Andy doesn't show a "New Andy" before then, I do fear the worst though.
Strange. It would make more sense if he stayed in Europe and play the local tournaments. Just weird. Is he being paid loads of cash to appear in Houston?
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #107
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
That has got to be the weakest excuse since the late Redd Foxx told the IRS that the check was in the mail. Too fatigued? Lack of energy? You're 23 years old, Andy. Have a Gatorade for cryin' out loud. Take the supermodels home early and get a good night's sleep.
:retard: :retard: :retard:

I'm glad you let this guy have it, Deb.
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #108
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Debs, have you managed to send the email using the second address?
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #109
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok that so called "journalist" is an ass! but WOW Deb way to go girl!!!

Last edited by snaillyyy : 02-27-2006 at 10:43 PM.
snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #110
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote him too, I hope he gets the point that you just don't talk about people like that.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:11 PM   #111
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
Debs, have you managed to send the email using the second address?
Well it wasn't returned to me like the other one so I imagine it was delivered. Thanks again for finding that

As for Marcos playing Houston... I don't see what that does to Andy all that much. It's not like Marcos is a heralded claycourt player either, and Andy would probably love to have another crack at him at a place like Houston where he is so comfortable and happy - perhaps moreso than any other tourney.

And anyway they'll both be seeded in the tournament so they'd both have to win some matches before it'd become relevant.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #112
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wrote our dear friend an email
================
Mr. Kantowski,
I am not normally one to write to journalists commenting on their articles, but your latest got me fired up enough to do so. You portray Andy Roddick as an evil selfish guy who was toying with your city and the Tennis Channel Open tournament. Before your blasting article that borders on defamatory, did you even take the time to look up the facts? Roddick played an almost 4-hour Davis Cup match 2 weekends ago. He threw up multiple times on court and had to have multiple IV treatments after the match. 2 days later and not 100% recovered, he came back out and won a match to send the USA to the next round. But two days later, he had flown to San Jose and played 4 matches there in 5 days. Then just 3 days after that, he played 3 more matches - all of which were over 2 hours in length and exhausting - in Memphis. Is it so hard to believe that these matches took a toll on him physically? When he committed to Davis Cup and these tournaments months ago, do you think he could possibly have had the foresight to know what was going to happen and to know how his body and mind would feel? These guys play almost 11 months out of the year and people depend on them - sponsors, tournaments, fans, etc. Do they really want to risk their careers by playing in a small tournament when they are tired? If you knew anything about tennis - or even sports in general - you would know that the likelihood of injury is far greater when a player is tired.

Do you play tennis, or even know anything about it? Do you know what playing that much and traveling that much does to the body - and the MIND? How can you judge him? Would you and your esteemed mayor have preferred that he showed up listless and exhausted only to lose in the first rounds? Wouldn't the fans have been just as disappointed? If it's so easy, why don't you and the Mayor step in and play. It's not Roddick's fault that he pulled out in plenty of time (officially slated at Thursday night, to be exact) and the tournament organization failed to publicize it until Sunday - that is the tournament's fault.

And you know what, most fans are pretty understanding. I had tickets to last summer's tournament in Los Angeles - an event the same size as the one starting in Las Vegas today. The day the draw was made, Roddick pulled out - for no apparent reason. Sure I was disappointed for a day, but I went to the tournament anyway and had a fantastic time and saw lots of wonderful tennis. Tennis fans, unlike yourself and unlike the Mayor, understand that these players are only human and can't be playing machines every single week. Perhaps Roddick made a mistake in ever committing to the tournament, perhaps he and his team should have had better foresight about what playing 4 weeks in a row would do to him. But that's a MISTAKE, not an intentional act to lie to the Vegas tournament. He's only human.

What strikes me is that the tournament organization doesn't share the same outrage as you and your mayor. But yet, you assume Mr. Bellamy is lying and that he shares yours and the Mayor's mean-spirited feelings. Why would he lie? He does not want to antagonize Roddick - who not only may play this tournament in the future but appears on his television network all the time. Perhaps that is because Mr. Bellamy actually played - and understands - tennis and understands that sometimes top players are simply exhausted and need the week off. What a concept! Moreover, where is your outrage that Andre Agassi chose to accept a half-million+ appearance fee to play in DUBAI instead of in his supposedly beloved home city? To me, that's just as outrageous than a player making the difficult decision to pull out of a tournament.

You and the Mayor made it sound like he was intentionally slighting your city and the tournament. Do you think he (and his handlers) are that stupid? He was well aware that the tournament was using him to promote itself and that he was a big asset to a small tournament. It is the exact loyalty that YOU mistakenly said he was devoid of that explains why he returns to cities like San Jose, Memphis, and Houston every year - they helped him out when he was just a kid in 2001 and he feels like he has a DUTY to keep returning.

As for your Mayor's disgusting comments... if he checked the record books, he'd know that last time Roddick played Hewitt, he is the one who did the butt-kicking.

I'm ashamed and disgusted by this article and your mayor's comments - both of you could have researched the FACTS and analyzed the situation under a much fairer and equal viewpoint, but instead you chose to assume the worst about a guy who started a charitable foundation when he was 17, who risks his own career to keep commitments to charity exhibitions and other smaller tournaments that his schedule would perhaps be better without. You failed to research the fact that just last November, he injured his back in Paris and not 2 days later he appeared in Hershey, Pennsylvania playing a charity exhibition. He later had to withdraw from the prestigious year-ending championships because of that back injury, but he sucked it up enough to perform for the fans at that exhibition. You called him a disloyal liar and did not even stop to think that he may have had valid reasons for withdrawing from this tournament. You assumed that he was lying all along about playing, yet you have no factual basis for that accusatory statement. I thought the plight of journalists was to divulge the TRUTH. One cannot divulge the truth without first investigating the facts, and your bitter column proves quite plainly that you were either too lazy or incapable of checking the facts before you went and defamed someone who has done as much for the sport of tennis in this country as anyone has in a very long time.

As a new Los Angeles resident, I was waiting for the time that I would be able to make it to Vegas, where so many people have told me I'd have a good time. However, if this is the kind of shoddy journalism and embarrassing mayor that your city has to present to the general public, I think I'll save my money and take a vacation elsewhere. And I sure hope that Andy Roddick has seen your column and that he never steps foot in your city again.

Debra ********
Los Angeles, CA
You know you wrote a nice piece when you get me to completely read it.

Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 PM   #113
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't have had to read it

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-27-2006, 11:21 PM   #114
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Besides the point, it was fabulously fabulous.

burn.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:24 PM   #115
country flag Deboogle!.

Well thanks

Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 PM   #116
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wrote our dear friend an email
================
Mr. Kantowski,
I am not normally one to write to journalists commenting on their articles, but your latest got me fired up enough to do so. You portray Andy Roddick as an evil selfish guy who was toying with your city and the Tennis Channel Open tournament. Before your blasting article that borders on defamatory, did you even take the time to look up the facts? Roddick played an almost 4-hour Davis Cup match 2 weekends ago. He threw up multiple times on court and had to have multiple IV treatments after the match. 2 days later and not 100% recovered, he came back out and won a match to send the USA to the next round. But two days later, he had flown to San Jose and played 4 matches there in 5 days. Then just 3 days after that, he played 3 more matches - all of which were over 2 hours in length and exhausting - in Memphis. Is it so hard to believe that these matches took a toll on him physically? When he committed to Davis Cup and these tournaments months ago, do you think he could possibly have had the foresight to know what was going to happen and to know how his body and mind would feel? These guys play almost 11 months out of the year and people depend on them - sponsors, tournaments, fans, etc. Do they really want to risk their careers by playing in a small tournament when they are tired? If you knew anything about tennis - or even sports in general - you would know that the likelihood of injury is far greater when a player is tired.

Do you play tennis, or even know anything about it? Do you know what playing that much and traveling that much does to the body - and the MIND? How can you judge him? Would you and your esteemed mayor have preferred that he showed up listless and exhausted only to lose in the first rounds? Wouldn't the fans have been just as disappointed? If it's so easy, why don't you and the Mayor step in and play. It's not Roddick's fault that he pulled out in plenty of time (officially slated at Thursday night, to be exact) and the tournament organization failed to publicize it until Sunday - that is the tournament's fault.

And you know what, most fans are pretty understanding. I had tickets to last summer's tournament in Los Angeles - an event the same size as the one starting in Las Vegas today. The day the draw was made, Roddick pulled out - for no apparent reason. Sure I was disappointed for a day, but I went to the tournament anyway and had a fantastic time and saw lots of wonderful tennis. Tennis fans, unlike yourself and unlike the Mayor, understand that these players are only human and can't be playing machines every single week. Perhaps Roddick made a mistake in ever committing to the tournament, perhaps he and his team should have had better foresight about what playing 4 weeks in a row would do to him. But that's a MISTAKE, not an intentional act to lie to the Vegas tournament. He's only human.

What strikes me is that the tournament organization doesn't share the same outrage as you and your mayor. But yet, you assume Mr. Bellamy is lying and that he shares yours and the Mayor's mean-spirited feelings. Why would he lie? He does not want to antagonize Roddick - who not only may play this tournament in the future but appears on his television network all the time. Perhaps that is because Mr. Bellamy actually played - and understands - tennis and understands that sometimes top players are simply exhausted and need the week off. What a concept! Moreover, where is your outrage that Andre Agassi chose to accept a half-million+ appearance fee to play in DUBAI instead of in his supposedly beloved home city? To me, that's just as outrageous than a player making the difficult decision to pull out of a tournament.

You and the Mayor made it sound like he was intentionally slighting your city and the tournament. Do you think he (and his handlers) are that stupid? He was well aware that the tournament was using him to promote itself and that he was a big asset to a small tournament. It is the exact loyalty that YOU mistakenly said he was devoid of that explains why he returns to cities like San Jose, Memphis, and Houston every year - they helped him out when he was just a kid in 2001 and he feels like he has a DUTY to keep returning.

As for your Mayor's disgusting comments... if he checked the record books, he'd know that last time Roddick played Hewitt, he is the one who did the butt-kicking.

I'm ashamed and disgusted by this article and your mayor's comments - both of you could have researched the FACTS and analyzed the situation under a much fairer and equal viewpoint, but instead you chose to assume the worst about a guy who started a charitable foundation when he was 17, who risks his own career to keep commitments to charity exhibitions and other smaller tournaments that his schedule would perhaps be better without. You failed to research the fact that just last November, he injured his back in Paris and not 2 days later he appeared in Hershey, Pennsylvania playing a charity exhibition. He later had to withdraw from the prestigious year-ending championships because of that back injury, but he sucked it up enough to perform for the fans at that exhibition. You called him a disloyal liar and did not even stop to think that he may have had valid reasons for withdrawing from this tournament. You assumed that he was lying all along about playing, yet you have no factual basis for that accusatory statement. I thought the plight of journalists was to divulge the TRUTH. One cannot divulge the truth without first investigating the facts, and your bitter column proves quite plainly that you were either too lazy or incapable of checking the facts before you went and defamed someone who has done as much for the sport of tennis in this country as anyone has in a very long time.

As a new Los Angeles resident, I was waiting for the time that I would be able to make it to Vegas, where so many people have told me I'd have a good time. However, if this is the kind of shoddy journalism and embarrassing mayor that your city has to present to the general public, I think I'll save my money and take a vacation elsewhere. And I sure hope that Andy Roddick has seen your column and that he never steps foot in your city again.

Debra ********
Los Angeles, CA
BURN.

I love you miss genius lawyah Deb. And even though this post was long, I had to quote it...it's like those pictures fo Tommy and Horia in that one thread...they NEED to be quoted just for the hell of it. In fact, I may quote this post again later just because I feel like it.

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #117
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond repute

bravo Deb!
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:02 AM   #118
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

wait, what pictures of Tommy and Horia in what thread? what did I miss? where is it?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #119
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

Deb
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #120
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
wait, what pictures of Tommy and Horia in what thread? what did I miss? where is it?
I'm sure you've seen the it before...it's the 'Message for Star, Warning: Obscene Contents' thread which began with some lovely photos of none other than Vince Spadea LOL. Recently though, there were some pictures of Tommy and Horia that we all quoted over and over again, though I am not sure exactly why they're in there because they are in no way obscene lol. http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...39#post3116539

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote