The "rant here until Andy's next tournament" thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #211
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "rant here until Andy's next tournament" thread

Here is the e-mail which I have just sent to Mr. Haney:

Quote:
Dear Sir:

I have just read your recent comments regarding Andy Roddick's decision to withdraw from the Tennis Channel Open. In those comments, you attempt to create a pattern based upon Roddick's withdrawal from the Year End Championships.

You must not follow tennis closely if you are attempting to castigate Roddick's decision to withdraw from Shanghai. Roddick injured his back playing in the Paris Masters right before Shanghai. Even though this injury occurred in an early round, Roddick fought his way to the semifinals where he lost to Ivan Ljubicic. I might also add that Roddick was one of the only then-top five player to enter this ostensibly required tournament.

I hope that, based upon his treatment by the local Las Vegas media, Roddick chooses not to play the Tennis Channel Open anytime in the near future.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #212
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle
Don't they have a tournament to write about? Like, oh, the Tennis Channel Open?
The Tennis Channel Open doesn't sell as well as Andy Roddick.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #213
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human
Here is the e-mail which I have just sent to Mr. Haney:
Nice, Steve

This is also the same guy who I saw make the final in Houston 2 years ago even though he'd just won Miami and a huge DC tie and was dead tired but was honoring his commitment to a tourney that has treated him well in the past. If it'd been San Jose or Memphis where he was dead tired, he would still have played. That's why he played Indy last summer even when he shouldn't have but then pulled out of LA b/c he doesn't feel a personal duty to that one like he does some of the others.

I kinda feel badly for Bellamy b/c he handled the situation fine and as any other TD would do and i think he's got an interesting and cool tourney going on and it's too bad the Vegas press don't have his class.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #214

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

I also feel bad for Bellamy. I think he understands why Andy withdrew and that is why he has not let himself be drawn into this debate.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #215
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human
I also feel bad for Bellamy. I think he understands why Andy withdrew and that is why he has not let himself be drawn into this debate.
yeah, i'm sure. He's too smart to get into it, but you'd think he'd want the papers to shut up about it. maybe he doesn't care who knows. Plus, he's actually played tennis and knows tennis players personally so he knows the issues in the sport, unlike these chumps.

it should perhaps also be mentioned that I'm pretty sure the Sun is not the MAIN paper in Vegas, that's the Review-Journal which published one fact-based article about Andy pulling out and hasn't said anything since.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #216

I did not know there were two papers in Las Vegas. I guess I am too used to living in one newspaper towns.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #217
country flag Deboogle!.

Yeah

www.reviewjournal.com

seems like the more professional, less tabloidy paper

Sort of like.... the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald... or the LA Times and the LA Daily News....

Old 03-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #218
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly these people need to get a life and figure out something else to right about.

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #219
country flag am&a

am&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond repute

go steve! (:
am&a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #220
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond repute

guys.. I just had a thought... what if Andy loses in the 1st rnd of Indian Wells... what are we gonna do? and the press will pouce on it like a starving cat on a mouse...
Ah... the horror...
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #221
country flag warmy

warmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningglory
guys.. I just had a thought... what if Andy loses in the 1st rnd of Indian Wells... what are we gonna do? and the press will pouce on it like a starving cat on a mouse...
Ah... the horror...
Oh god, I just read your post and my only initial reaction was "mmmmmm... pounce on him. Can I play too?"

Old 03-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #222
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningglory
Ah... the horror...
Let's just hope it doesn't happen. He almost did last year, to Verdasco

Old 03-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #223
country flag am&a

am&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond repute

if he loses to bye, it will be a sad day indeed. ):
am&a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:42 AM   #224
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

geez... don't they realise already most fans are actually glad that andy pulled out of vegas... backlash? what backlash?!
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:17 AM   #225
country flag Deboogle!.

Richard Vach is in the TTC Commentary box right now saying how great tennis-x is