The "rant here until Andy's next tournament" thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #136
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "rant here until Andy's next tournament" thread

All hail Queen deb. I still have to write my email to that guy. I've been wasting too much time over at the tennis-x boards.

And deeeeeebbbbb. I'm so sad to see the CuteMax thread moved out of here. We need to put something in its place.

How about a FatJohn thread?

Or maybe a cute JC thread?
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #137
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How about a CUTE Dean thread?!?!

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #138
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Tangy you need to quit the tennix-s boards like a drug - cold turkey.

Sowwy, it was time to move it, since not much new will really be added We already have JC pics in that thread, though

FatJohn thread Not as heart-warming, but I suppose funnier

'tis up to you, miss tangy.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #139
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I could start the Horia thread, but we would be devoid of pictures most of the time.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #140
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote Ron Kantowski too. Here's what I wrote and what he replied.
Dear Mr. Kantowski,
I would like to say that I read your article about Andy Roddick. I'm appalled at the way you portray Andy. He has done more for American tennis than any other player since Sampras and Agassi. You have no idea that amount of time spent traveling, which he has done the last month. He was sick the week of Davis Cup in Southern California, then flew to San Jose, lastly to Memphis. That's a long way to travel, but then again, you have probably never played professional athletics, so you have no idea. Do you even play tennis? Earlier this year I was planning on coming to your tournament since it is held close to where I live. I can guarantee you that I will never come to the Las Vegas tournament as long as the mayor and you are involved in the city. Who do you think you are? For all I care the ATP should file a suit against you. You just lost your tournament one more customer.

Jenny
His reply:
Jenny:

I applaud you for being a loyal Andy Roddick fan.

Had he shown up here, signed a few autographs and at least tried to play before withdrawing, I would be the first to applaud him. But he didn't, and now a lot of fans who paid good money for tickets just to see him play are disappointed.

Thanks for reading and writing.

Ron Kantowski

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #141
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnduck

His reply:
Jenny:

Had he shown up here, signed a few autographs and at least tried to play before withdrawing, I would be the first to applaud him. But he didn't, and now a lot of fans who paid good money for tickets just to see him play are disappointed.

Ron Kantowski
Wouldn't that have increased the fatique level? why travel the distance only to have to travel back home again, wat the hell is this guy? is he being paid to wind people up, oh my god....
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #142
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

This guy obviously knows nothing about how it works - that these guys pull out of tourneys all the time and aren't expected to show up. He's a general sports writer and clearly doesn't understand how tennis is different from the normal team sports he covers.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #143
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnduck
I wrote Ron Kantowski too. Here's what I wrote and what he replied.
Dear Mr. Kantowski,
I would like to say that I read your article about Andy Roddick. I'm appalled at the way you portray Andy. He has done more for American tennis than any other player since Sampras and Agassi. You have no idea that amount of time spent traveling, which he has done the last month. He was sick the week of Davis Cup in Southern California, then flew to San Jose, lastly to Memphis. That's a long way to travel, but then again, you have probably never played professional athletics, so you have no idea. Do you even play tennis? Earlier this year I was planning on coming to your tournament since it is held close to where I live. I can guarantee you that I will never come to the Las Vegas tournament as long as the mayor and you are involved in the city. Who do you think you are? For all I care the ATP should file a suit against you. You just lost your tournament one more customer.

Jenny
His reply:
Jenny:

Ron Kantowski
ewwww!
his little response there is just as bad as the article.

*in mocking voice*
"thanks for reading and writing."
shut up.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #144
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

What a
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #145
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Deb, he's definately a general sports writer. I doubt he's ever played competitive sports at all.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #146
country flag Deboogle!.

He's obviously a general sports writer - we don't even have to guess - look at other stuff he's written on the site and it's all UNLV stuff and the like. Tennis is different and he obviously doesn't get it.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #147
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Getting tickets to a tennis tournament doesn't guarantee you will see your favourite player. You can get the finals' tickets for RG but you wouldn't know who will be playing until the last minute. Ron is stupid, of course. Real tennis fans know they take a chance when buying tennis matches tickets. Tennis is a knock out sport, you buy slots for the day/ part of the day but it doesn't guarantee which players will be there. What a moron.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #148
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I wonder how many letters this guy got? AR.com went berserk on him too and smucav had to close the thread.

Here's his response to my e-mail: (at least he was far more cordial than that Harvey jerk)
Quote:
Thanks for the note. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

It would appear to me that Andy Roddick should have planned his
schedule a little better, then maybe he wouldn't be so tired.

You are right -- I am not a huge tennis fan. But I am a fan of people
who plunk down a lot of money for tickets, thinking that certain
players are going to play. In that this is a first-time event and Las Vegas has a dubious reputation for supporting live pro sports, Roddick's presence
-- and yes, Andre Agassi's (I did two columns on him not playing here)
-- would have helped make it a success.

I understand that this is a common occurrence in tennis -- players
pulling out of events at short notice. But it would have been cool if
Roddick had at least shown up, signed a few autographs and TRIED to
play before withdrawing.

Had that happened, I would have been the first one singing his praises.

PS: A tournament official told me that Roddick was rated No. 4. I will
take responsilbility for taking him at his word.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #149
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

what is- rated #4?

...i get the point it just sounds funny
and i like to mock this fool,
because while i have a lot to say, the idea of typing it all out for someone not even worth my brain cells-oh gawd
this is better left to people better than I.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #150
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

There aint' any tickets printed "Andy Roddick will play tonight".
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote