pim pim postcard project - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2006, 03:02 AM   #31
country flag midsommardagen

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the little postcard that could?

you're welcome Kat

maybe we can send a card to Tojo too? Poor guy...why do these Swedes always have bad luck? oops, wrong thread...
midsommardagen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2006, 05:09 AM   #32
country flag margaret_gn

margaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond repute

A5 size is half an A4 size, but don't worry I think a normal sized postcard should do if we all write small. Are we gonna write "good luck" too just in case pimpim doesn't understand the Chinese writing?

& jurgenMELZER & jarkkoNIEMINEN & michaelRYDERSTEDT & tomasBERDYCH & richardGASQUET & robinSODERLING
tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
margaret_gn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #33

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute

the Chinese thing reminds me of something else. Here it is:
Pim PIm was born in 1982, which was the year of the dog acoording to Chinese zodiac. and 24 years later, after two rounds of the 12-year cycle of animals representing every year, now is year of the dog again. In China, people who were born in the years of the dog will wear something red for good luck in 2006. So maybe I can buy something red for him? I'm thinking of a red Chinese lucky tie. he could just tie it on his bags

here's an example of Chinese lucky tie, of course there are many different sizes and styles...

BTW, take a look at this...

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth; yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

You are honest and faithful.
You can worry too much.
You will make an excellent business person, teacher or secret agent.

Last edited by midsommardagen : 02-26-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #34
country flag foolish pleasure

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsommardagen
Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.
oh well, counts me out!

so what about this card then?

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 02-26-2006 at 02:33 PM.
foolish pleasure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #35
country flag margaret_gn

margaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond repute

but it's been a few weeks since Chinese New Year?

& jurgenMELZER & jarkkoNIEMINEN & michaelRYDERSTEDT & tomasBERDYCH & richardGASQUET & robinSODERLING
tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
Old 02-27-2006, 05:43 AM   #36
country flag Cami

Cami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a silly idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish pleasure

okey dokey

to all, please read over the list that follows to make sure i got you and to make sure i got where you live right:

who/where list:
kristin are you in?
sommarsverige--germany?
ashie87 (?)--australia
margaret_gn--australia?
*~kat--australia
Cami--australia
midsommardagen--antarctica? china? sweden?
foolish pleasure--usa

anyone else?
Yay! thanku! I feel so special to b a part of this....maybe wid all the australians we should c if anybody livs in the same city to make the neatness of it all a bit better....(there wont be as many stamps)
www.joachimjohansson.piczo.com
Cami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish pleasure
so what about this card then?

is that a dog on the card? btw, ToJo was born in year of the rabbit.

Margaret, the whole 2006 will be year of the dog so it doesn't matter that Chinese new year was over. you know, every dog has his year.

My plan of giving him something red just came out of my head, so it doesn't have to be part of the sending him a card plan. Just in Chinese tradition, wearing something red will bring good luck to those "dogs", and I guess it's a good reason to give him a gift because luck is what he lacks since almost a year ago.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #38
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to let you all know that I am of course still in this project, but I am very busy this week, so I don´t have much time to come here and take part in the planning
As I will also be away over the weekend (going to visit a friend in Basle), I will have real time again next monday eve!

I will try to pop in anyway, but just wanted to let you know....

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:38 AM   #39
country flag margaret_gn

oh ok then, i don't really mind what's in the card as long as it gets to him

tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
Old 02-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #40

hi girls, I have a new idea. Birte once mentioned that she knew someone with the Swedish tennis association, right? So I suppose she will be the one to give Pim Pim our little postcard. so how about everyone of us...

1. buy a postcard of everyone's hometown (e.g. Kristen to buy a postcard of the Opera House)
2. Write something like "good luck" or "cut your hair" on it
3. go to postoffice, get a stamp of local postmark
4. put the card into an envelope and mail it to Birte. (hopefully she agrees and it wont take too much of her time )

by doing so, there will be no need to mail the card from one country to another. therefore a lot of time could be saved. then prob. we could finish this job in two or three weeks.

so how do you guys think about this idea?
Old 02-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #41
country flag margaret_gn

it's interesting, but it means each card would be 'new' and won't have the 'worn' look as though it's passed through many countries (which i think was the main objective of this project?). i suppose as long as he has cards and stamps from every country? he'll get sick of the opera house though, there's at least 3 of us in sydney. (i dunno about Cami).

i really don't mind what we end up deciding as long as he gets the card because i'm sure he'll be touched whichever method we sent it to him

tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
Old 02-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #42
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok Margaret... we have the bridge and the tower.... and the Blue Mountains. LOL I have some Adelaide postcards, but wonder how appropriate it would be then again, he did win there...

Edit: If we went ahead with this version, I would be seriously thinking about taking a photo of a random Toni&Guy salon

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson

Last edited by Kristen : 02-28-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:45 AM   #43
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

I think Cami's from Adelaide no? *I have fond memories of that place *

About the new version (?) - it presents the problems that Kristen mentioned (and experienced!) in the previous project. I'm guilty of it too!
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Olivier Rochus, Paul-Henri Mathieu & Kristof Vliegen
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #44
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

well, i think it's foolish pleasure's decision, since it was her idea in the first place. i dont think it really matters how long the "one card" takes to get to him, as long as it gets to him.
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:36 AM   #45

well, I just always have some ideas poping out. and I agree with Margaret, as long as Pim Pim gets our blessing, it doesn't matter what method we use.

BTW, he's lucky to have fans like us