pim pim postcard project - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #16
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the little postcard that could?

hee cute thread name!

Count me in for this. It's a nice idea I don't mind either about how the addresses. Either way would probably work

Tomas
Ashie_87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #17
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a silly idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish pleasure

what ever happened with your folder?

ps: i give this endeavor maybe 4.7% chance of success but...i'm a sucker for longshots
I saw him training one morning in Sydney, and there were a few fans around / he exited through the back gate so I went to his mum and said "Excuse me...you're Joachim's mother...right? Could you please give this to him... it's a gift from his fans" and gave her the folder, plus a little box of chocolates (he'd just won Adelaide) and a book from kat

PS. You can read about it in this thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=19845

It'd be a good read, if you have a lot of time . Just take note of the dates, and the constant reiteration It actually worked out well in the end

♥Jonas Bj÷rkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #18
country flag foolish pleasure

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige
Yes, of course

Will you start and buy a postcard foolish pleasure? (btw, what is your real name? I am sure it┤s much shorter )

okey dokey

to all, please read over the list that follows to make sure i got you and to make sure i got where you live right:

who/where list:
kristin are you in?
sommarsverige--germany?
ashie87 (?)--australia
margaret_gn--australia?
*~kat--australia
Cami--australia
midsommardagen--antarctica? china? sweden?
foolish pleasure--usa

anyone else?

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 02-25-2006 at 07:07 PM.
foolish pleasure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #19

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
I saw him training one morning in Sydney, and there were a few fans around / he exited through the back gate so I went to his mum and said "Excuse me...you're Joachim's mother...right? Could you please give this to him... it's a gift from his fans" and gave her the folder, plus a little box of chocolates (he'd just won Adelaide) and a book from kat

PS. You can read about it in this thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=19845

It'd be a good read, if you have a lot of time . Just take note of the dates, and the constant reiteration It actually worked out well in the end
kristin the bold!
you are so brave! i could never do that!

a couple of years ago at key biscayne (miami tms) someone tugged on one of my braids, and i turned around all ready to be mad (i don't really like be tugged on by strangers), but marat safin was who was behind me--i did a double-take so hard i almost fell backwards, and was so self-conscious and uncomfortable that when he asked, "please, can you tell me where is court number 5?" i just walked away!

ps: what book did you give pim?

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 03-14-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #20
country flag margaret_gn

margaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond repute

that's hilarious! you should post your story on GM, the "times i've embarrassed myself in pront of players" thread... poor Marat!

but yeah, just to confirm, i'm pretty sure this is right:

Kristen: Australia
sommarsverige: (Birte) Germany
ashie87: Australia
margaret_gn: Australia
*~kat: Australia
Cami: Australia
midsommardagen: (Pina) Philippines (i think... am i right??)
foolish pleasure: (Kel) USA

there were a few more pimsters last time for the folder project... so i'd imagine they just haven't visited the thread yet:
jmgsdoubsprtnr
Aleksa's Laydee
Sharon
Jexy
Canuck_Chick

but then some of the above i haven't seen online on MTF for a while though.... is there a *cough* deadline?

& jurgenMELZER & jarkkoNIEMINEN & michaelRYDERSTEDT & tomasBERDYCH & richardGASQUET & robinSODERLING
tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports

Last edited by margaret_gn : 02-22-2006 at 04:48 PM.
margaret_gn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:59 PM   #21
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I have been wondering about Jexy, Canuck_Chick and Sharon as well, haven┤t seen them for ages
Hopefully they will read it now and participate as well

About Siobhan and Alison, I just think they are maybe not the biggest Pim Pim fans... if I am wrong, please let us know

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bj÷sse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:23 PM   #22
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

OMG FP you have a name lol
I think the book was about Aussie slang... I don't remember. Kat!?! I'm up for the postcard, yeah... yet another Aussie. A few of us are from Sydney it seems ^_^

LOL... Siobhan and Alison are much bigger PimPim fans than I am

Margaret... I think we need a deadline. Or three.

♥Jonas Bj÷rkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #23
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the book was about Aussie slang... I don't remember. Kat!?! I'm up for the postcard, yeah... yet another Aussie. A few of us are from Sydney it seems ^_^

I can't even remember myself... but I believe you're right loool. I hope he learnt something from that, even if he's no longer an honourary Aussie
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Margaret... I think we need a deadline. Or three.
TO ALL:
about when would everyone like him to get the postcard? just before halle?

it doesn't matter to me at all...just let me know--because i think when we want him to get it, should determine the deadline...and i agree with kristin, there has to be one or it will never get done...

for the next week or so, i'm going to be very busy--my store is closing (much sadness ) so i have to move everything out this weekend and get together my application materials for a job in stockholm that i only learned of yesterday but which must be in by march 3 ...so that's at least one free week for all of you...

and i haven't been able to find an appropriate postcard around here --i live in a tourist town, so most of them are in REALLY poor taste (i don't know about you guys, but i don't really feel comfortable sending him a card with a picture of three obese women in bikini's on it that says "look what your missing!" ), so i think i will just have one made--i was thinking of walking over to the beach and spelling out "lycka till pim pim!" in sea shells in the sand and photographing it....

(but it doesn't have to be "lycka till", let me know if you want me to spell out something else...or if you don't like that idea at all and want to do something else entirely)...anyway, so that will take like at least another week, probably two for printing...

ok so tenatative deadline: march 20th?

as to how to mail the card to each other, why not just do whichever way is easiest for each of us? if you want to just attach a lable over the previous one that's ok, if you want to put the card in an envelope that's ok too?

Last edited by foolish pleasure : 02-25-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #25
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, i've been reading the threads... i've just been contemplating whether or not i could do it (without being the person who stops progress for a week or so ) for now i'll say i'm in on this whole shenanigan. as long as i dont have to go to a post office (other than to buy stamp(s)) i need more info... like how exactly this is gonna work, how many stamps i'll need... but i'm sure that will be covered before it's actually sent out.

i'm in the US, btw.
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #26
country flag margaret_gn

margaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond reputemargaret_gn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish pleasure
TO ALL:
about when would everyone like him to get the postcard? just before halle?

it doesn't matter to me at all...just let me know--when we want him to get it, will determine the deadline...and i agree with kristin, there has to be one or it will never get done...

for the next week or so, i'm going to be very busy--my store is closing (much sadness ) so i have move everything out this weekend and get together my application materials for a job in stockholm that i only learned of yesterday but which must be in by march 3 ...so that's at least one free week for all of you...

and i haven't been able to find an appropriate postcard around here--i live in a tourist town so most of them are in REALLY poor taste (i don't know about you guys but i don't really feel comfortable sending him a card with a picture of three obese women in bikini's on it that says "look what your missing!" ), so i think i will just have one made--i was thinking of walking over to the beach and spelling out "lycka till pim pim!" in sea shells in the sand and photographing it (it doesn't have to be "lycka till", let me know if you want me to spell out something else...or if you don't like that idea at all and want to do something else entirely)...anyway, so that will take like at least another week, probably two for printing...

ok so tenatative deadline: march 20th?

as to how to mail the card to each other, why not just do whichever way is easiest for each of us? if you want to just attach a lable over the previous one that's ok, if you want to put the card in an envelope that's ok too?
i think it'd be good if we could get the card to him by wimbledon, so yeah Halle is fine.

Good luck for the Stockholm job application! that'd be so much fun if you get to work there

That's a great idea about taking photo of the Lycka Till message, Lycka Till is good because it will be suitable whether or not he's still injured How big can you make the print-out photo though? i think we need at least A5 size...

so is march 20th the deadline by which we decide everything? and so there's another deadline closer to June by which we must've finished sending it round the world?

yes and just let everyone decide how to put the address on, as long as it's got the stamps of the countries that it's been to?

to Alison, glad you're in the project too

& jurgenMELZER & jarkkoNIEMINEN & michaelRYDERSTEDT & tomasBERDYCH & richardGASQUET & robinSODERLING
tennis photos from 2008
tennis photos pre 2008
tennis reports
margaret_gn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #27
country flag Cami

Cami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond reputeCami has a reputation beyond repute

maybe to make it easier we should write an order of who goes first and woteva....and also sumhow giv each others adreses to whoever needs whoevers if that makes sense????(in secret so we all can't b stalked by freako pedophiles.....
www.joachimjohansson.piczo.com
Cami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #28

the march 20th deadline would be for who's going to particpate.
halle and queens are both on june 12th:
6/12/2006 Halle
Germany
International Series Outdoor
Grass $800,000 Sgl 32
Dbl 16

6/12/2006 London / Queen's Club
England
International Series Outdoor
Grass $800,000 Sgl 56
Dbl 24

so birte's friend probably needs to get it by june 1st, right?

ok, so how's this:
march 20th-ish--participation and mailing order established
march 21st-ish--i'll mail it to
march22nd-ish to may 10th-ish--gets mailed around
may 15th-ish--birte gets it
june 1st-ish--birte's friend gets it
june 11th-ish--pim pim gets it!

jmgsdoubsprtnr: the standard (4x6) us postcard rate inside the us used to be 23 cents but i don't know if the rate for postcards went up when the letter rate did--but anything larger than 4x6 is letter rate anyway ...as for mailing outside the us, i don't know, depends on where to-- you can check online at going postal and even get your stamps there too (they'll mail them to you! )...

margaret_gn: i don't know what A5 size is...um...but i might just be going with standard postcard size, i know it will be a little small but there aren't so many of us...and if we write small....

Cami: ya, i was thinking we could each just PM our address to the person who is supposed to send the card to us...

and...um...ya, ok, so about the postcard...would this be too boring? (my sea shells by the sea shore plan may prove too ambitious, me thinks--i sort of underestimated how many sea shells it would require ooh wellllll best laid plans of mice and kels... )
Old 02-26-2006, 02:41 AM   #29
country flag midsommardagen

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute

wow, many posts since my last visit...need some time to read them but this card...lol, the more accurate meaning of the Chinese on it is "fortune". It doesn't matter coz sometimes fortune=good luck

this is "good luck" in Chinese==>

all in all, good job foolish pleasure
midsommardagen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:45 AM   #30
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to ask whether that word is the most appropriate thanks Pina for clearing that up!
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote