Australian Open's surface - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
country flag Shi Feng

Shi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond reputeShi Feng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Open's surface

I know that Australian Open's surface was grass before 1988, but I've also heard that its surface was hard court in the 1960s. Is it true?
And I wonder when US Open's surface was red clay.
Shi Feng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #2
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open's surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shi Feng
I know that Australian Open's surface was grass before 1988, but I've also heard that its surface was hard court in the 1960s. Is it true?
And I wonder when US Open's surface was red clay.
The Aussie Open was played on grass in the 1960's and the U.S. Open was never played on red clay, it was played on a different type of clay called hard-tru which is greyish black in color and plays slightly faster than the red variety. Also, I believe the U.S. Open was played on clay for four years 1975-1978. Hope this helps!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open's surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorofan
The Aussie Open was played on grass in the 1960's and the U.S. Open was never played on red clay, it was played on a different type of clay called hard-tru which is greyish black in color and plays slightly faster than the red variety. Also, I believe the U.S. Open was played on clay for four years 1975-1978. Hope this helps!

US Open on clay : 1975-1977? (Green Clay?)
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote