The "I don't even know what to say anymore :(" Memphis thread. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #61
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Don't get hurt for the 3rd year in a row AND STOP SUCKING!!" Memphis thread!

The SJ umpire who handed Andy the bad call was the same ump who robbed Andy's opportunity to win the Ginepri match!
No wonder the umpire was laughing as Andy cursed him.
Too happy with his joke salary to care about his reputation and the players!
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #62
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Don't get hurt for the 3rd year in a row AND STOP SUCKING!!" Memphis thread!

But shouldn't Andy learn to get over bad calls and concentrate on his next point?

He let things like bad calls to go on for too long and loses concentration too easily.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #63
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
But shouldn't Andy learn to get over bad calls and concentrate on his next point?

He let things like bad calls to go on for too long and loses concentration too easily.
Yes he should, but he won't because it's all part and parcel with his game. He'd rather spend 5 minutes arguing a call that's not going to be changed than just forget about it and move on. But its not just bad calls that cause him to lose concentration, he does that no matter what. Like last week, he drops a set 6-1 to a relatively unknown player, he dropped sets due to concentration at wimbledon last year if i'm not mistaken also. Its a regular occurence these days, he lets the slightest little thing take away his concentration, almost falls alsleep on the job. Its an annoying factor, but it seems thats the way he plays these days
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #64
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson

I think he's regressed concerning that. Before, he used to get really mad at a line call (even if he was wrong, he was always adamant he was right lol) but then he'd use his anger to his advantage by chanelling it into some aggressive play in the next couple of points/games. It was like he was proving a point, like it didn't matter he didn't get that point because he doesn't need pity points or something lol.

But now, he gets all in a tizz about it, gets mad. And then that's it. Just mad.
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #65
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

He's frustrated that he can't create break points, and also needs a lot of those to convert them. He knows his own slow movement/lack of concern with technique/stupid training destroyed his results.
Well, it wouldn't hurt to adjust your deficient techniques--serve, arm and leg bending, volleys and court positions.
When you hired your brother, it was called "family trust", not "career rescue".

It's amazing how he walked around, celebrating in order to convince himself that having talent was the only thing needed to win.

Why would he be so insecure? He thought his serve didn't need a change.
It got returned by 5'5'" guys like Olivier Rochus. 6'10" guys with poor footwork could block it back and dumb Andy kept the stale circus acts.
No one seems to mind that except the few fans that paid to watch his ignorance!

Andy was also told to TEACH THE LITTLE, UNEDUCATED FOLKS a lesson of modesty.
"Don't you know ME? No one tells me I'm wrong. As a matter of fact, I don't hear any opinions from my friends and kin. I don't need to change! Only you do!

I'm not a condescending jerk because I'm helping needy people!
You're arrogant!! You made me look bad in front of my fans. You WILL CHANGE, as I always know right from wrong!
You treated me unfairly!!! I'm fair. Everyone's right in punishing me when I don't teach humbleness to the poor, 2nd class, stupid people like you!"

Andy also gave lessons to the media/fans:

I look good and our team looks good!

I'm Mr. American Role Model! Did you hear the thunderous cheering.
I'm sure the crowd in my recent matches were "loud"!!! 10 people?!!!
You don't sacrifice your body to win Davis Cup. I do!

Last edited by heya : 02-20-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #66
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

More AR.com fluff
=================
Andy Faces Fish in First Round
February 20th, 2006 06:32 pm
By Jen Moschella

On Tuesday, February 21st, Andy will take on Mardy Fish in the first round at the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships on Centre Court. Andy was given the number one seed while Mardy Fish was given a Wild Card as he is trying to work his way back up the ranks, returning from two wrist surgeries.

Andy, the 2002 Memphis Champion, and Fish have faced off four times, the last time in the 2004 San Jose final. Andy holds the lead at 3-1 but the two former housemates have not played in over two years.

“I was drawn to play Andy in the first round, which obviously is tough. But it will show me where I am at,” noted Fish in his blog on the ATP website. “It’s just nice to be back.” Fish has played two matches on tour in 2006 thus far.

Here are stats on Mardy Fish:
Birthdate: 9-Dec-81
Birthplace: Edina, Minnesota, USA
Residence: Tampa, Florida, USA
Height: 6′2′’ (187 cm)
Weight: 180 lbs (81 kg)
Plays: Right-handed
Turned Pro: 2000

A snow storm hit Memphis recently and a cold front followed and has evidently, remained to watch some tennis. The temperature has been below freezing at night, and there is ice everywhere.

There is one huge reason why Andy, Mardy, and all the other players will tolerate the cold : St. Jude’s Children Hospital. “It’s fabulous news that Roddick will be returning to Memphis in February. His appearance will help the tournament in so many ways, especially in our fund-raising efforts for the hospital,” stated Mac Winker, Owner and CEO of the tournament.

Andy is constantly helping children in need in any way he can. Hopefully he will be in Memphis all week to show his support… the first step; Round One on Tuesday.

Stay tuned to AR.com for the latest on Memphis! Go Andy!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #67
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #68
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

I went today... It was freezing and you have to park along the street so it was really cold having to walk a long ways to the venue.

Andy was around today but I was watching one of the matches so I didn't see him. I only heard all the kids saying how they met him and got his autograph.

I'm hoping I can get to go tomorrow
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #69
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! Stay warm, walk carefully, and HAVE FUN!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #70
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
More AR.com fluff
Andy is constantly helping children in need in any way he can. Hopefully he will be in Memphis all week to show his support… the first step; Round One on Tuesday.
That means more pictures of Andy with kiddies
Old 02-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #71
country flag Deboogle!.

Hopefully Memphis is typically not too well covered by photographers or press

Old 02-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #72
country flag blosson
La La Land

Even AR.com is "hoping" Andy stays there a whole week
They don't have confidence in their man!
Old 02-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #73
country flag Deboogle!.

Well, when the man has no confidence in himself......

Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #74
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

there is onekid, id really wish he would help.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #75
heya

I don't see anyone lifting a finger to find a coach for him.
I can see his brother and mother sitting around with grim faces.

Pathetic how he didn't bother to move around the court, giving up on tennis already.
The matches on TV were trash.
He's a charity star, though.