The "I don't even know what to say anymore :(" Memphis thread. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #46
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Don't get hurt for the 3rd year in a row AND STOP SUCKING!!" Memphis thread!

I'm so proud of you!

Next step.... big MSN chat

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #47
country flag Flushing_Ace

Flushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Don't get hurt for the 3rd year in a row AND STOP SUCKING!!" Memphis thread!

Now, now... baby steps!

Anyway, I'm glad I'll get to see some of this tournment. I hope some of you guys will get to see it too.

"Someone asked me ‘What would Roddick be ranked without his big serve?’
I said, ‘Relevance? Are you going to take a fast ball away from Roger Clemens?
You can't take the biggest strength away from a player and judge him. Their entire
game would be built differently. If you took Roddick's serve away from him, he's a
champion and he'd find a way to win without it.’"
- Jim Courier
+ + +
+ Good luck to the USA Davis Cup Team +

Flushing_Ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #48
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

3!!!

It looks like Comcast SportsNet is only in a few specific areas.

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/

not here But I have TTC so I will not complain about missing 1 tourney

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
country flag Flushing_Ace

Flushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond reputeFlushing_Ace has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I see, I guess I may be one of the lucky ones then. But, don't you have TTC through Comcast? It seems strange that you wouldn't have one of these channels lol

"Someone asked me ‘What would Roddick be ranked without his big serve?’
I said, ‘Relevance? Are you going to take a fast ball away from Roger Clemens?
You can't take the biggest strength away from a player and judge him. Their entire
game would be built differently. If you took Roddick's serve away from him, he's a
champion and he'd find a way to win without it.’"
- Jim Courier
+ + +
+ Good luck to the USA Davis Cup Team +

Flushing_Ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:52 AM   #50
country flag Deboogle!.

go nikki go nikki!!!

Yeah I do have Comcast, but their Comcast SportsNet seems to only cover northern california

Old 02-20-2006, 02:26 AM   #51
country flag Deboogle!.

UM |:
=======================
Proving his mettle

First-round loss in last year's U.S. Open gives top-seeded Roddick lots of motivation this week

By Phil Stukenborg
February 19, 2006

For Andy Roddick, the loss was shocking, upsetting and defining.

It came in the first round of last year's U.S. Open. Gilles Muller, a 22-year-old left-hander from Luxembourg, surprised Roddick, the two-time Wimbledon finalist and 2003 Open champion, in straight sets.

Neither Roddick, a national television audience nor a large crowd watching under the lights at the sport's most electric venue could fathom what had happened.

Roddick had entered the Open with momentum. He had reaching the finals of two events -- Washington, D.C. and Cincinnati -- in the preceding weeks, beating James Blake for the title in D.C. and finishing second to Roger Federer, the world's top-ranked player, in Cincinnati..

The loss to Mulles in three tiebreak sets stunned Roddick.

"To be completely frank," Roddick said. "It (ticked) me off, kind of put a chip on my shoulder.

"But I think I work better like that. It gave me something to prove, which is nice. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise."

Roddick, who will be the top seed in this week's Regions Morgan Keegan Championships at The Racquet Club, apparently is serious about "having something to prove."

He spent six weeks after his final 2005 tournament doing strength and fitness training and trying to become "a better athlete in general." He started 2006 by changing coaches, dropping Dean Goldfine -- after one year -- and replacing him with his brother, John Roddick.

"I'm definitely going to take a lot more aggressive mindset into this year," said Roddick, the world's No. 3 player and 2002 Memphis champion.

He hopes the addition of his brother to Team Roddick becomes a key ingredient.

"I just felt like I needed something fresh," Roddick said. "It was more a mutual decision (to change) between (Goldfine) and I. We just felt like it was, maybe, a little stagnant ... something wasn't clicking.

"John is going to be great. He knows me as well as anybody. He'll obviously be taking opinions from people like (U.S. Davis Cup captain) Patrick (McEnroe) who have seen me play a lot. I'm excited. I'm excited to be out there with my brother."

Roddick opened 2006 by reaching the round of 16 at the Australian Open, where he was eliminated by rising Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis. He'll come to Memphis after appearing in the SAP Open last week in San Jose.

And he'll display a more aggressive approach.

"The biggest thing with me is just mindset ... going out there and being aggressive on every ball," he said. "I did a good job of that after the (U.S.) Open. The biggest thing that upset me about at the Open was that (Muller) played more aggressively than I did.

"That shouldn't be the case with what I'm able to do with the ball. I think being fit and trying to take as aggressive a mindset in (2006) are two keys."

To become more aggressive is a process, McEnroe said. As much as Roddick would like instant results, it takes time.

McEnroe said Roddick's match against Baghdatis in Australia showed some similarities to Roddick's match against Muller.

"What it takes for him is to go out there and play aggressively and play his game," McEnroe said. "He said it himself. He wanted to play on his terms. I didn't think he did that entirely against Baghdatis.

"I like to see Andy being aggressive, taking chances. When I see someone hitting more winners and getting more errors than Andy, someone who doesn't have the same firepower that Andy does, then I get concerned."

Roddick won five tournaments last year to boost his career total to 20, but McEnroe envisions a more successful player once he adjusts to playing more aggressively.

"More aggressively to me doesn't just mean hitting the ball harder," McEnroe said. "More aggressively to me means improving your positioning and being aware of when to move forward.

"The nice thing about Andy is that he's not afraid to work. He's not afraid to take a loss to realize what he has to do."

Roddick's transition to being more aggressive, McEnroe said, will require fighting through his instincts. Although Roddick is a strapping 6-2 and 195 pounds, he wasn't an imposing figure as a junior.

"He grew up as a small guy," McEnroe said. "He grew up as a guy that was really sort of a counter-puncher as a player. Part of his instinct is to play that kind of style when he gets into a tight match.

"He (needs to) trust in the fact that when he is playing aggressively he's still going to lose matches, but in the long run he's going to be a better player."

Roddick is intent on making the necessary alterations. He'd love to return to the world's No. 1 spot, a position he held in 2003. And he'd love to win his first Grand Slam in three years, even if Federer, emerging as one of game's all-time greats, is the obstacle.

"I think it's more of a mindset thing," Roddick said of playing more aggressively. "I think it's something that you can try to make happen from the word go. I'm extremely eager. I'm really excited. I'm really looking forward to this year ... probably more so than any other in my career."

Old 02-20-2006, 02:29 AM   #52
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I have a hard decision to make....bet on Andy's match against Mardy, or not bet on it

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:36 AM   #53
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

He spent six weeks after his final 2005 tournament doing strength and fitness training and trying to become "a better athlete in general."

Yea, I'm sure putting more muscle and weight on your legs and shoulders will MAKE YOU FAST!!! What a dumb whack job.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #54
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Good article, I hope Andy actually starts BEING AGGRESSIVE at this tournament.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:46 AM   #55
country flag Deboogle!.

It'd be a better article if it were true

Old 02-20-2006, 03:08 AM   #56
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I'm watching the SJ final. Neither player played well--Hewitt's serve/forehand are predictable.

Murray has problems reaching low balls and misfired tons of forehands.

He's more powerful than Rodd.
Murray's about the same height, weighs less, and has longer arms + more powerful legs.

After the mental mistakes in the 1st set, murray had a chance to break Hewitt's serve 6 times.

Last edited by heya : 02-20-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:39 AM   #57
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Why do I feel like saying "Whatever" to what Andy puts out to the media these days?
Old 02-20-2006, 05:46 AM   #58
country flag Deboogle!.

Noelle that's all old stuff.

and heya, are you kidding? Murray's thinner than Andy because he's not fit at ALL...

Old 02-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #59
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Flushing_Ace Long time no see. Welcome back Andy's suckage is causing some of his fans to lose heart so we need all the Andy fans we can get.

Well, I finally got around to updating my blog about Andy losing to Murray. It only took me a day and a half to get around to it. I find it rather difficult to get up the stamina to write a report on Andy losing to yet another unranked player.

I missed the Olympic ice dancing competition last night so that's why I'm still up late, hoping to catch a repeat of it.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:32 AM   #60
heya
Banned!

The skating was so much more fun than tennis, even with the dancing pairs' falls on the ice.

Murray had better coaching and has the long arm reach and right tennis body
He played about 3 hours against Hewitt and wasn't very tired.
He kissed his girlfriend in the stands.

Rodd can't run with the excessive weight gain... Last year, he was quicker at 190 pounds; now he's back to 195-198 pounds. Jackass Andy.
If Murray shots were weaker, why would Hewitt have trouble blocking it back, especially in the tiebreak? Technique and thinner bodies are more important...not big muscles and stubborn, stupid shotmaking.

Rodd's coaches have trouble understanding that.
I remember an article where his bro John said, "Andy will be 6'4" and may get to 200 pounds. I can still beat him up."
Andy said "he can beat me up" after the Davis Cup match.

Last edited by heya : 02-20-2006 at 06:37 AM.