Ferrer Video o DVD matches - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #91
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrer Video o DVD matches

Yes, I love the fact that David loves to read. That's a hobby he shares in common with me. One more reason to love him.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #92
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you 100 percent, Carol! I had professors I thought were complete idiots and had no sense.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #93
country flag Edda

Valencia is a hotbed of Spanish tennis and has two of its hottest players and nicest guys, Ferrer and Ferrero. It is nice to see they are good friends, too.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #94
country flag Edda

I thought some of the comments by readers of that post were really rude. Have any of these people cracked open a book in their lives? They don't understand someone as nice and sweet as Ferru.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #95
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol96 View Post
That was in 20 Minutos. Yeah, just because someone's not academic it doesn't mean they're unintelligent. Like JC and Rafa, I've always thought David has a lot of very practical intelligence. Heck, I know a couple of Oxford academics who have ZERO commonsense and who would fall flat on their faces if they had to work outside of the academic world).

I liked his comment in the article that in 2 weeks on tour he can read 3 books!!! A guy after my own heart.(Well I suppose he has to do something off court when he's not playing Playstation with Rafa and on flights !)

(here is the link to the whole article btw: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/9536...lector/libros/)

Oh yes, Cobalt, thanks - very nice ATP Uncovered feature. I too hope that "the best is yet to come".
What about when he's tucked in his bed at the hotel?.......reading I mean.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #96
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2 View Post
What about when he's tucked in his bed at the hotel?.......reading I mean.

Watching TV? Sleeping? Doing a crossword? What else could he be doing?

(Reminds me...there's an old ATP DEUCE interview (2007 or 08) where he said he once stayed in a hotel in Umag years ago where the TV didn't work but he didn't like to complain....awwwww what a sweetie! )
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #97
country flag Edda

Oh, that's funny! I like David!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #98
country flag Edda

When he goes swimming, I hope he wears earplugs. "Swimmer's ear" is really nasty!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #99
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol96 View Post

(Reminds me...there's an old ATP DEUCE interview (2007 or 08) where he said he once stayed in a hotel in Umag years ago where the TV didn't work but he didn't like to complain....awwwww what a sweetie! )
Yeah, and he ended up reading at night for most of the tournament. That's the same story no?
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #100
country flag Edda

Reading is much more fun than watching television. Aside from tennis, I can rarely find anything good to watch.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #101
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Yey! David is in the Davis Cup team!

Smart move, Albert! David, Rafa, Feli & Fer.

Not so sure about Feli given his recent form and hasn't Fer still got a problem with a broken foot bone? Still, hope they can work their doubles magic on what I reckon will be a fast court. The Belgians will be wanting to take what advantages they can, I'm sure.

Ohhh, but the ATP has apparently warned players going to Acapulco of the risks there (lots of kidnappings, muggings, shootings, murders etc) and to not go out of the hotel complex where the tourney is taking place and for players who lose early on in the tournament, to leave Mexico as quickly as possible... (Can anyone from the US answer this from your news reports: I know Mexico unfortunately has a lot of drug-related violence, but is it worse than usual at the moment?) News in Marca.

I'm sure there will be very tight security as it would obviously be disastrous for the tourney and the ATP if a player or official or spectator got hurt. Still. *bites nails*
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #102
country flag Edda

I just hope everyone stays safe over there! Scary stuff!

Looking forward to seeing David and Rafa in Davis Cup!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #103
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I posted the article on the news portion.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #104
country flag Edda

I loved the ATP uncovered feature about David! Juan Carlos and Rafa were in it, too! The Armada featured strongly in that installment of the show. I loved it!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #105
country flag Edda

I loved when he said, "The best is yet to come." I wish that for David and all my favorite players. I need something to give me hope right now. I feel that better days are not ahead for me lately. Enjoying the triumphs of my favorite players gives me some hope. I do hope better things are ahead for Juan Carlos and Rafa, too. Juanqui has had a hard time lately and Rafa's year started with illness and injury.