David in Hamburg 2014 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default David in Hamburg 2014

David is in the Final of the Tournament and I want him to win it! I come to the Forum and there wasn't any place to even post about it. So I had to do a thread for the Final.

I do wish the players' forums were more active like they were way back in the day when I first started posting here!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David in Hamburg 2014

Personally I don't come here a lot because the player forums are so hidden away, plus I already spout most of my nonsense in the match threads in GM. The pictures and videos threads are reasonably active, though

For today's match I'm expecting three sets either way, Mayer is playing the tournament of his life and hasn't dropped a set yet. Hopefully Mayer is a bit nervous, this will be the biggest match of his career so far. David needs to color his Wikipedia page a bit more green after his seven lost finals in a row
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Make that 8 Mayer won in 3 Sets I wonder if the slip in David's play has anything to do with him splitting with his long time coach?

I on the other hand tend to stay out of GM!

Old 07-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

His title in Buenos Aires earlier this year broke the streak, but one out of nine still looks ugly.

He played really well up until 7-6 1-3* 40-0, when he suddenly completely went away for the rest of the match. The worst part of the match was when Mayer got tight, for the second time after first choking while serving for the match, and hit a DF at 4-2 in the TB, after which David completely messed up a point he should've won and might well would've won him the match. All in all I think Mayer deserved to win, simply the better player throughout the whole match.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

I agree Mayer played great. But poor David

Old 07-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I also miss these active times in the player forums a lot. I think I would post here more often if there would be generally more people, like it was before.

I also tend to stay out of GM, so the Players Forums would be the only places for me to post.

Like everyone else here I am also still so sad David lost the final yesterday. As I live in Hamburg I was at the tournament the whole week and even though the loss yesterday was not necessary, I really have to say Ferru improved his game and confidence since the first match in Hamburg a lot.
He played so poor against Kukushkin in the 2nd round (had a bye in the first), so I was very sure he would loose that match already and I was very sure he would never reach the final in Hamburg with this bad game (way too many errors, problems with his serve, playing way too passive).
Luckily this changed and he got better from match to match.

Sadly in the final yesterday there were some negative things back, like not the best serve and especially not using the break points he had.

Still, I think now afterwards he should be pretty satisfied with the week anyway. He wasn´t supposed to play Hamburg, so all the points he got are bonus and he played matches, which is good.
Leo Mayer really played the match of his life yesterday, so I think Ferru should still be okay with the result.

Really curious about his results in the hardcourts in the US now...

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
country flag LunaStar

LunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond reputeLunaStar has a reputation beyond repute

It's a real shame Ferru couldn't win yesterday. A trophy would have helped his confidence but I hope he's able to take the positives from this week anyway as he moves onto the hardcourts. In terms of the ranking points, he's basically made up for what he lost at Wimbledon and has moved up in the rankings and race.

It must have been great to see David play in Hamburg Sommarsverige. I agree with what you say, I too was worried he was going to lose to Kukushkin after dropping the first set so easily. That would have been a very tough loss after losing to Berlocq the week before. So it was really good that he ended up making the final, playing some great tennis along the way.

Mayer just played so well yesterday. With him serving big and being so aggressive off the next ball, it was difficult for Ferru to get control of the rallies. He fought hard and almost pulled it off, but in the end I think Mayer was a deserving winner. Hopefully Ferru can add to his title count this season though - and win his next final.
LunaStar is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote