Brasil Bling Bling! No Fun In The Sun and Surf..Just Lots Of Tennis - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #16
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brasil Bling Bling! Having Fun In The Sun and Surf..And Some Tennis (*wink*)

Good morning to all!

Hey NicoFan there's an opinion about our Nico by one of the guys in la tercera.cl, is really interesting and it makes you happy to read things like these.

Anyway this is the link for your translation ... http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articu...152537,00.html

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #17
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brasil Bling Bling! Having Fun In The Sun and Surf..And Some Tennis (*wink*)

Thanks for finding that Kid! That does make you happy to read.

From latercera.cl:

The night on Wednesday was seen the best encounter of the ones that go of the recent edition of the ATP of Buenos Aires. Time ago that there was not a party of so high level, with five thousand people that themselves did not they move from their seats of the Lawn Tennis when already were past the an in the morning. So much Carlos Moyá as the Nicolas Massú itself "they killed" running, in a match that either could have earned.

Nicolas showed an enormous heart. He was seen very improved technique and physically. And it finished losing against a Spanish player that showed that is also recovering its level and that had to show its better repertoire to win. Removing well in the important moments, Moyá had to be endeavored al maximum to defeat a player that showed a great level and great capacity of fight, an aspect by the one that very is recognized here in Argentina.

When Massú is well physically shows the good thing player that is. Because he depends a lot of this aspect to yield. He arrives well to the balls and he can hit with his right of comfortable form, a deadly weapon that complicates to any. And al except the night on Wednesday, the Chilean showed that he goes along the way correct. Again with Gabriel Markus as the coach, who, along with Horacio de la Pena, is the best coach than there is in Argentina. The it is doing a fantastic work with Nicolas, that am sure that will become again inside the 20 players of the world. Because he is not a tennis player to be 60. His great problem will be to fight with boys that to each while they appear and that arrive with some enormous desires to succeed. But Massú also recovered the hunger and the energy to become again among the better.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

It is nice to see him get that hunger back - he's always had it since I started watching him in 2002 - but after the US Open last year, he lost it. I don't blame him - he had such a shitty season, and after awhile, that could overwhelm anyone.

But he's definitely got it back now!!! Our fighter!

Just hope that he isn't pressuring himself too much though.

Last edited by NicoFan : 02-17-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #19
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

And about the decision to play in Brasil, like NicoFan said, we already knew that Nico would play. Besides if he's feeling better I agree, he should take advantage of these tournaments where he can play better and get good results.

NicoFan don't worry, you know that I had to read the articles in spanish to get the all ideal , and they said that originally Gaby have thought to take the next week off but after see how well Nico is been doing, they took the decision to play in Brasil, that's what also Papá Massu said.

And Anselmi said in those articles that the part that they have to take care of Nico is that he could over expose himself and that could carry stress and his nervous system can get tired, that's the problem that he can see that Nico could have but at the same time they're always checking that. So I guess that having all this great staff around him, if he could play he will play but if not, he won't, you all know that Gaby and all his staff wouldn't say "yes, do whetever you want" because that's one of the conditions that I coach, specially one like Gaby, demand when they get hired.

I don't know if you understand me, the medical words in english are not my best , but at least I'm more convinced now, besides, he'll be training again until tomorrow, so 2 days without tennis or exercises at all, and 4 days off, he'll be better on Monday, and Anselmi also said that they're not expecting Nico's best performance in Brasil, they'll expect that until IW.

Well that's all, after all my rumbling He'll be fine ... He has to be fine!!!!!! Nico take care!!! we love you!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #20
country flag kidnicky

He's definetely our fighter!!! after watching those tennis pro videos that I told you, there's one from Dusseldorf (last year) and Chela and all the argentinians couches asked to him about a top 5 of fighter tennis players, he said in one Rafa and in 2nd Hewitt, but all of them said to him (including Chela) "No no, Hewitt is not more than you Vampiro, Hewitt is definetely not more fighter than you". And if all the those people think that is because it's true!!

So just take care of yourself Nico!!! We're so proud of you!! VAMOS!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #21
country flag NicoFan

Gracias for clarifying that Kid! What would we do without you!

Glad that Nico and his team are all on the same page. And that he really is listening - he wasn't at the end of the fall but sounded like he was going to this year - so I was confused when he said that he would take their advice, and then in the first article it sounded like they said no, but he overrode their decision. Glad that's not true though!

And does sound like he was stressed - that's when I wish he had a different and easier profession. I don't like it when he's all stressed out like last summer - I think that July and August were two of the worst months that he's had in his career. And now maybe he's pressuring himself to move back up the rankings. I hope not.

And that's a cool story about what they said to him on the tennis videos! He is a huge fighter! I agree with Chela and the argentine coaches - he is only second to Rafa in the fighter category!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #22
country flag kidnicky

De nada NicoFan and if I weren't here, you'd only have to wait for Alonso and he'd do the clarifications for you

That's why I have to read the articles in spanish all the time, first I'm not an english expert and I always get confussed when I'm reading the translations lol! and second, because you know that we, the latin americans, not only have modisms, we also have different meanings and interpretetions depending the situations And like you said, we knew at the begining of the year that Nico had committed with his coaches and this sounded like he weren't listen again to them and I'm pretty sure that this is not the case, you already saw how thankfull he is to Gaby (at the Viña final)

The last year was a pretty difficult year for him, you could see that everytime that you see him, even in the tennis videos, Chela was always saying how great he is and keep repeting "the double olympic champion" and everytime that he listened to those words, he looked sad and saying that all that was over and that the famous tennis player was already over. Thank God that the fighter is back again!

And a big to Chela because everytime that he's with Nico during tennis pro, he's always saying the double olympic champion and how great Nico is!!

Love ya Nico!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #23
country flag kidnicky

btw I love your new signature NicoFan

I have it on my avatar CHILE POWER!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #24
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
De nada NicoFan and if I weren't here, you'd only have to wait for Alonso and he'd do the clarifications for you

That's why I have to read the articles in spanish all the time, first I'm not an english expert and I always get confussed when I'm reading the translations lol! and second, because you know that we, the latin americans, not only have modisms, we also have different meanings and interpretetions depending the situations And like you said, we knew at the begining of the year that Nico had committed with his coaches and this sounded like he weren't listen again to them and I'm pretty sure that this is not the case, you already saw how thankfull he is to Gaby (at the Viña final)

The last year was a pretty difficult year for him, you could see that everytime that you see him, even in the tennis videos, Chela was always saying how great he is and keep repeting "the double olympic champion" and everytime that he listened to those words, he looked sad and saying that all that was over and that the famous tennis player was already over. Thank God that the fighter is back again!

And a big to Chela because everytime that he's with Nico during tennis pro, he's always saying the double olympic champion and how great Nico is!!

Love ya Nico!!
The translations do make it difficult. The worse one was when they had to article on Nico getting on the lottery ticket. But they didn't call it that - it had another name that I can't remember exactly that sounded terrible. And there wasn't a picture. So we were thinking no one liked Nico in Chile anymore! And Ricardo came on and said no - its a lottery ticket!

Oh that makes me sooo sad what Nico had said about the Olympics and being a famous tennis player being over. So yes, a HUGE and to JI!!!! Poor Nicolas. Watching the Olympics makes me remember what he did - and no matter whatever happens in his career, that is something he should always remember and cherish because it doesn't happen to too many people. Its very special and unique, and no one can ever take it away from him.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #25
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
btw I love your new signature NicoFan

I have it on my avatar CHILE POWER!!!
I like it too!

And I love your avatar - what it says and how it changes!!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #26
country flag kidnicky

LOL! The translators really complicate our lives in fact, just for you in order to be completely convinced that Nico is not taking the decisions by himself, just check this article in radio cooperativa

Tras las dudas sobre su estado físico después de tres semanas ininterrumpidas de competencia, el número dos de Chile confirmó su asistencia al certamen brasileño.

Pese a las dudas iniciales dados los problemas físicos presentados durante la Copa Davis y tres intensas semanas de competencia, el Abierto de Costa do Sauipe en Brasil será el próximo paso de Nicolás Massú luego de finalizada su participación en Buenos Aires, donde cayó en octavos de final frente al español Carlos Moyá.

En diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa Massú sostuvo que ya dio vuelta la hoja tras la caída frente al hispano y que en Brasil piensa tomarse el desquite.

"Ahora Viene otra semana. El tenis tiene revanchas. Eso fue lo que dije tras la final de Viña del Mar y esa revancha fue en la Copa Davis. Ahora la revancha que viene es Brasil. Así funciona esto", remató el número dos de Chile.

En cuanto a su estado físico, Nicolás Massú señaló que "estoy contento porque después del partido con Marcos Daniel los dolores se me empezaron a ir y se vio en la ecografía que sólo se trata de una sobrecarga de partidos".

La presión por conseguir un ranking mínimo para ingresar a algunos torneos ya no es tema para Massú, quien sólo se preocupa ahora de encontrar una línea tenística definida.

"El objetivo era recuperar el tenis, estoy jugando bien y es cosa de tiempo que se den los resultados. Hasta ahora, ha sido un año positivo", indicó.

Con respecto a la posibilidad de que Estados Unidos decida que el confronte ante Chile por los cuartos de final de Copa Davis sea en superficie de pasto, Massú indicó que pese a que los del norte toman ventaja de la cancha, de todos modos pueden tener problemas.

"Si eligen pasto, van a tener que adaptar al segundo singlista porque el pasto no es la superficie favorita de James Blake ni Taylor Dent. La cancha le va a acomodar más a los hermanos Bryant y a Andy Roddick. En todo caso, en cualquier superficie será difícil", dijo

La decisión del campeón olímpico de participar en el ATP brasileño la tomó en conjunto con su entrenador, el argentino Gabriel Markus, quienes consideraron pertinente intervenir en Costa do Sauipe con el fin de que, antes del inicio del circuito europeo en abril próximo, el viñamarino se ubique dentro de los 40 mejores tenistas del mundo.

The last part is just for you NicoFan it says that the decision of being playing in the ATP of Brasil, was taken WITH his coach Gabriel Markus, both of them thought that is the best to play in Brasil in order to be in the top 40 at the begining of the European tour next April.

I guess that you could use your translator for the rest, it's very clear, at least I think so

And about the tennis pro videos, what I've been talking about was from last year, when he was returning from all those injuries, you can see now the difference on his face, but it's a shame to admitt it but watching him so sad only made me love him even more

p.s. about the avatar, I've been thinking about changing it but I don't know how to do the pictures switching ha ha, so I'll stay with the same.

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #27
country flag NicoFan

Gracias for the article!

Here's the translation of the last paragraph - just for me!

The decision of the Olympic champion to participate in the ATP Brazilian took it as a group with his coach, the Argentine Gabriel Markus, who they considered pertinent to intervene in Costa do Sauipe in order to that, before the start of the European circuit in April next, the viñamarino be located inside the 40 better tennis players of the world.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #28
country flag kidnicky

It was translated for me and for your translator, all just to have you convinced about it

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-18-2006, 05:23 AM   #29
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kid for all the work you did on translating!!! I went from being concerned about his decision to play in Brazil to feeling very good about it. Man, a decent translation makes all the differnce! And thanks also for the Tennis Pro stories! Chela will always have my support for being such a good friend to Nico.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #30
country flag SuperRevelation

SuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond reputeSuperRevelation has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Massu!

SuperRevelation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote