What is said about Richard... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM   #61
country flag Rafas_grl

Rafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is said about Richard...

wow... great quote by Roger! thats what i like about him!

and Rich's game that day was trully art!!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"He opened a window of the kind of tennis he is capable of and it was art" - Roger Federer on Richard Gasquet
Rafas_grl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #62
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I like about Roger. He always has faith in Richard and appreciates his talent and not fawn at the other new balls who are ahead of Richie (Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, etc). I think it's because Richard reminds him of himself (game wise and mentally). How everyone put pressure on them to do well and they were late bloomers.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #63
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He should be careful, then, if the comparison starts to materialize. Though I do not consider it likely.
Once Richard gets his head on straight, he could surpass Roger.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #64
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandofanz View Post
That's what I like about Roger. He always has faith in Richard and appreciates his talent and not fawn at the other new balls who are ahead of Richie (Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, etc). I think it's because Richard reminds him of himself (game wise and mentally). How everyone put pressure on them to do well and they were late bloomers.
Murray ahead of Gasquet???
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #65
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Well maybe I should put the word was.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:18 AM   #66
country flag fed4ever

fed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond reputefed4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Q. What do you think about coming up the next generation, for example, Djokovic, Murray?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I think the new generations now have announced themselves since a year basically. One year ago they were still very young, not just young. But they're all very good, you know. You could definitely tell one of them was going to definitely make the breakthrough soon. It was Djokovic that did it first, even though it looked like Murray was going to do it ahead of him. He had problems with his injuries. Who knows what he could have done at the French Open and Wimbledon, he was injured. Gasquet has been able to make a breakthrough as well making semis at Wimbledon. You always got Berdych, Baghdatis, all these other guys who can make the big breakthrough as well.
I think it's definitely now the young guys that are pushing through. I think slowly but surely they're also getting ready to win maybe big tournaments, like Djokovic has been able to win a couple of Masters Series this year. It's going to be interesting to see how well they can do at the Grand Slams.

Q. Who do you think of that group will wind up being the best?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I don't know honestly. I think they got similar chances, to be honest. At the moment you would have to probably say Djokovic and Murray. At the same time I like Gasquet's game better than those. It's my opinion. Berdych's got a huge game. Baghdatis has announced himself already a couple years ago with the finals at the Australian Open. Then there's other guys like maybe Del Potro who is going to come through. I think there's going to be a few very soon, a lot of them in the top 10.
fed4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:42 AM   #67
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing we didn't know already.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #68
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Federer favors Richie.

BTW, link?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #69
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

This thread needs some updates.

Some comments from the top3 players just after Richard's qualification in Shangaï (source: Le Parisien)

Federer
« Il est jeune, ne l’oubliez pas, lance le numéro un mondial, Roger Federer. Je suis content pour lui. Il est arrivé tôt sur le circuit et cela lui a pris un peu plus de temps pour être ici. Heureusement qu’il n’a pas vite commencé à gagner des Grands Chelems ! Il mérite sa place, surtout après sa victoire sur Roddick à Wimbledon. Il fallait aussi qu’il soit fort pour résister à la pression à Bercy, la semaine dernière, dans son match décisif face à Murray ».

"He's young, don't forget it. I am happy for him. He arrived pretty early on the tour and it took him longer to be here. Fortunately, he hasn't started to win slams! He deserves his place, particularly after his win over Roddick in Wimbeldon. He also had to be strong last week in his decisive match against Murray."

Nadal
« On a souvent essayé de le comparer à moi et cela n’a pas dû être facile pour lui, souffle le Majorquin. Pourtant, c’est ridicule. Chacun suit sa progression. Peu importe la vitesse, l’essentiel c’est d’arriver à ses objectifs. J’ai du respect pour Richard parce qu’on se voit depuis très longtemps. Et sincèrement - et à condition qu’il ne me fasse pas trop de misères – je suis heureux pour lui ».

"He has often been compared to me and it might not have been easy for him. It is ridiculous though. Each one has his own progression. No matter how long it takes, the main thing is to reach the objectives. I have respect for Richard because we've been knowing each other for a long time. And sincerely, provided that he doesn't trouble me too much (well... he didn't ) I am happy for him."

Djokovic
« Il a eu des hauts et des bas et n’a peut-être pas été servi par les blessures dans des moments clés, juge-t-il. J’ai sûrement été plus chanceux de ce côté là, ce qui peut expliquer une ascension plus rapide. Mais il a fallu qu’il soit fort pour faire face. Je suis sûr qu’il va entrer très vite dans les cinq ou trois premiers. Il est complet, solide physiquement, il a des coups fabuleux derrière sa ligne et, en plus, il sent si bien le jeu… ».

"He had ups and downs and might have not been spared by injuries in the key moments. I certainly have been luckier with this, which can explain a faster ascencion. But he had to be strong to face all this. I am sure he will reach the top 5 or 3 very soon. He is complete, strong physically, he can produce amazing shots from the baseline and he feels the game very well..."

I am really surprised by Djokovic especially his "top 5/3" comment. I don't know if he really means what he said... he seemed to be such a competitive person...
...or maybe something has been lost in the translation.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 AM   #70
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie* View Post
This thread needs some updates.

Some comments from the top3 players just after Richard's qualification in Shangaï (source: Le Parisien)

Djokovic
« Il a eu des hauts et des bas et n’a peut-être pas été servi par les blessures dans des moments clés, juge-t-il. J’ai sûrement été plus chanceux de ce côté là, ce qui peut expliquer une ascension plus rapide. Mais il a fallu qu’il soit fort pour faire face. Je suis sûr qu’il va entrer très vite dans les cinq ou trois premiers. Il est complet, solide physiquement, il a des coups fabuleux derrière sa ligne et, en plus, il sent si bien le jeu… ».

"He had ups and downs and might have not been spared by injuries in the key moments. I certainly have been luckier with this, which can explain a faster ascencion. But he had to be strong to face all this. I am sure he will reach the top 5 or 3 very soon. He is complete, strong physically, he can produce amazing shots from the baseline and he feels the game very well..."

I am really surprised by Djokovic especially his "top 5/3" comment. I don't know if he really means what he said... he seemed to be such a competitive person...
...or maybe something has been lost in the translation.
maybe nole meant that richard will be top 5/3 when he's number 1.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #71
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to hear those comments but I can't help but think that it must be quite annoying for the other players to repeatedly get asked questions about Richard.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #72
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
It's nice to hear those comments but I can't help but think that it must be quite annoying for the other players to repeatedly get asked questions about Richard.
I am pretty sure Richard is also asked this kind of questions from serbian and british journalists. (I doubt spanish and swiss journalist really care though )
And these questions weren't out of a context... Richard had just qualified for the masters.. so it deserved some thoughts from the other players.

As for I, what I can't help to think is Djokovic was not very sincere in his answer. But I may be wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #73
country flag silverwhite

I'm sure he does, but most likely quite rarely. I mean, I get the impression that the French media is more aggressive with this sort of thing.

I think he was sincere. The two of them seem to get along well. At the end of the match today, apparently Richard told Nole to rest and that he had played 100 matches this year.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #74
country flag *julie*

They have always been.. especially with him.
This time, though, they really didn't give him any pressure, congratulating him for his qualification and his "not that" bad loss against Nadal.

Glad to hear this. Now you say this, I remember some pics of them together and they seemed to get along pretty well. I kind of mixed him up with Berdych.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #75
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
that's what I always think when Wimbledon comes around and every player gets asked about Murray (and Henman in the past) in every single interview. Even once he's lost they get asked "where do you think Murray can go from here?...", it's a nightmare!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote