¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤ - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #16
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

I hope Richard & Seb will read this article. It will give them some extra motivation.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #17
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not surprised at all... I'll tell you a big secret guys but there is the only Frenchman all Russians are scared of and his name is... Fabrice Santoro So...

By the way, there is a huge but very informative and interesting article (Guy Forget ) on the FFT site: http://www.fft.fr/cd2006/France-Russie/?id=1577.

As for Russians, the first big surprise for everybody was to see no Andreev in the team on the official site, he is only the 5th player. But captain Tarpischev's words are: "I keep in my mind that according reglamation I can change the players in an hour before the match so I just want all the 5 ones [Safin, Davydenko, Tursunov, Youzhny, Andreev] come to France and I'm going to decide everything only there according the situation." Some strange machinations... Guy does everything much more nicer. But battles between France and Russia are always very special...

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #18
country flag j-phi

j-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond reputej-phi has a reputation beyond repute

Davydenko received such a spank by Mario at Miami and his butt
hurts him so bad that his brain cannot think properly and he lost
any capacity of judgment.

Maybe his hotel in France will provide some cushions to help.
j-phi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #19
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

davydenko is world no.5 and it's only reasonable that he is not afraid of anyone ranked outside top 10.

he has also beaten seb twice on hard court, and is 1-1 with richard but both times on clay.

as for marat... yes he can beat anyone when he's on... except when facing fabrice lol

but i suppose being underdogs will help france!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:46 AM   #20
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via
davydenko is world no.5 and it's only reasonable that he is not afraid of anyone ranked outside top 10.

he has also beaten seb twice on hard court, and is 1-1 with richard but both times on clay.
To be unafraid of them is one thing. To say that they are nothing special and have ordinary games is another.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:18 AM   #21
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
To be unafraid of them is one thing. To say that they are nothing special and have ordinary games is another.
who knows, maybe he has high standards and no one is special except for guys like federer, sampras etc.

of course it isn't too smart to put his opponents down before a confrontation... think kafelnikov's taunts before playing hewitt (then 18) and arthurs (then dc rookie) in brisbane one year... russia then lost badly.

anyway what can you do about it if he has his own opinion?
Old 03-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #22
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

He does have the right to express his opinions, but as can be seen, it has rubbed people the wrong way because it gives them the impression that he's ungracious and arrogant.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #23
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog
But captain Tarpischev's words are: "I keep in my mind that according reglamation I can change the players in an hour before the match so I just want all the 5 ones [Safin, Davydenko, Tursunov, Youzhny, Andreev] come to France and I'm going to decide everything only there according the situation." Some strange machinations... Guy does everything much more nicer. But battles between France and Russia are always very special...
I think that's smart of Tarpishev. That's how the 5th player rule can be used. He has a lot of good players between who he can choose. That's normal to leave the choice for the last moment after trainings on site etc...

I think Davydenko is right. He's just exagerating a bit (maybe a little pre-match "mind games" aspect to it...) but he's just stating facts and personal opinions. I still think that would be wise of Forget to make his guys read this though and help make them hungry (and angry...)...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #24
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
He does have the right to express his opinions, but as can be seen, it has rubbed people the wrong way because it gives them the impression that he's ungracious and arrogant.
Good!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #25
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, a Russian boy is only trying to attract more attention to his person and make some noise around himself . And does it quite successfully since we discuss him here… Maybe he’s chosen not the best way but he seems to be really fed up of being the least popular player of Top10. Look at his post-match words after victory over Baghdatis: “Can you tell me why I play today on center court? - No. 5? - Because Baghdatis. Everybody want to see Baghdatis. But normally not me. Not like I am No. 5.”

I’m sure frenchies will anyway be vastly more motivated than my countrymen – there are heaps of reasons for that. And at the worst they can always borrow Via’s great idea and ask Arnaud to add that his rose bandana and some orange shorts to his traditional blue DC T-shirt (or there is more original mix?) – and the victory will be in their pocket .

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
I think that's smart of Tarpishev. That's how the 5th player rule can be used. He has a lot of good players between who he can choose. That's normal to leave the choice for the last moment after trainings on site etc...
Oh.. Nowadays people who tell good things about Tarpischev are quite unique even between fans of Russian tennis... But the encounter is going to be only more interesting since the captains use so different tactical schemes.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #26
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the encounter is going to be only more interesting since the captains use so different tactical schemes.
May I say nerve-racking instead of interesting?
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 PM   #27
country flag Via

Quote:

Hey, a Russian boy is only trying to attract more attention to his person and make some noise around himself . And does it quite successfully since we discuss him here… Maybe he’s chosen not the best way but he seems to be really fed up of being the least popular player of Top10. Look at his post-match words after victory over Baghdatis: “Can you tell me why I play today on center court? - No. 5? - Because Baghdatis. Everybody want to see Baghdatis. But normally not me. Not like I am No. 5.”

I’m sure frenchies will anyway be vastly more motivated than my countrymen – there are heaps of reasons for that. And at the worst they can always borrow Via’s great idea and ask Arnaud to add that his rose bandana and some orange shorts to his traditional blue DC T-shirt (or there is more original mix?) – and the victory will be in their pocket .
we should be grateful to have irina here to analyse russian mentalites for us! lol

davydenko doesn't have to look far to find more popular personalities than his... say safin?? if he's so impressed with being #5, i can't imagine what kind of talk we'll get to hear when he moves further up it's true, he likes to speak his mind. but he should know that one cannot be brutally honest and popular at the same time.

awww i hope arnaud won't have to resort to 'colour games' to maximise his chances. but do tell me that there won't be any hawkeye for this tie
Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 AM   #28
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
MIAMI (Etats-Unis) (AFP) - Nikolay Davydenko, qui affronte la France avec la Russie en quarts de finale de la Coupe Davis de tennis, du 7 au 9 avril, a indiqué lundi qu'il ne craignait ni Sébastien Grosjean, ni Richard Gasquet.

"Ils n'ont rien de spécial. Ce ne sont pas Roger Federer (ndlr: le N.1 mondial) ou Rafael Nadal (le N.2 mondial). Leur jeu n'a rien de particulier, ils sont solides du fond de court, leur service n'est pas extraordinaire", a déclaré le N.5 mondial après sa défaite, face au Croate Mario Ancic, en huitièmes de finale du tournoi de Miami.

"Si notre préparation se passe bien et si Marat Safin est bien alors cela devrait bien se passer pour nous", a affirmé le Russe, qui a prévu d'arriver lundi en France.

Davydenko devrait jouer les simples avec Marat Safin, l'ancien N.1 mondial, tandis que Igor Andreev et Dmitry Tursunov devraient compléter l'équipe.

Quant à l'accueil du public, Davydenko n'en fait pas une montagne: "Je n'ai jamais joué en France en Coupe Davis, mais j'ai joué en Uruguay alors je sais ce que sont les grosses ambiances."
Davydenko peut se prévaloir d'un bilan positif contre Grosjean, avec deux victoires en deux matches, tandis qu'il partage les succès contre Gasquet (1-1). Le Russe avait notamment battu Gasquet lors de la rencontre précédente de Coupe Davis entre les deux pays, l'an passé à Moscou en quart de finale.

At least he's not hyppocrit. Unforttunatly he's right...
I can't believe Davydenko said things like that! If Ivan deserves those criticisms by his "I feel like No.2" arrogance,he even deserves much more! Lol they are not Federer or Nadal.They do not have anything special.
I think actually Andreev is dangerous than Safin and him,but I guess Davydenko will play for so sure.If Safin plays like crap,Andreev may replace him too.Since Paulo isn't picked and Gasquet isn't injured this time,France has home crowd support,I think France has more chance.
Fabrice should be at least picked to play doubles,but it's impossible.Miss him in DC!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #29
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

aww... I've just have noticed the Dc is the next week (a bit tired and busy...)

Well, we can follow the guys on this page: http://www.fft.fr/cd2006/France-Russie/

Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #30
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR
France has home crowd support, I think France has more chance.
Erm...

By everything - players' rankings, previous encounters, current form, the change home crowd support brought (didn't brought rather in this case... ) each time the two teams met etc... - , there's no denying the Russian team is the HUGE favorite.