How Music has changed your life? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2003, 06:13 PM   #1
country flag andylover_16

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Music has changed your life?

2002 was the biggest year of my life..and not because i was making great grades or that i had loads of freinds...2002 was when i first heard of coldplay....before i was one of those people who were like "yeah yellow, i love that song"...but now i know everything about them and they are a part of me...sometimes i look back at my previous years and i see myself begging my mom to buy me the new Jarule CD...then i cared what everyone thought of me and i wanted to "Fit in" to like what was on the radio to buy the cds that everyone else wanted...Before i never really thought about what made music so great...i never thought about who wrote the songs or why the artists didnt play instruments...it was like i was in the mainstream world..i was just like another one of the clones sitting at my friends house singing about having meaningless sex and buying cars...but Coldplay has changed me...now i listen to things that i would have considered "weird" just because everyone else didnt know who they were..but now i think it is a privelage to know about artist/bands like placebo, turin breaks, oasis, travis, and radiohead...now i have a sense of what music should be...and i do believe that coldplay and many others are slowly changing mainstream for the better...music to me now isnt the same as it was years ago...it touches me in ways that are unimaginable...gives more meaning into life..unlike what i had before...ive finally realized that the world isnt just centered around sex and drugs...ive found coldplay and even if i grow old of them they will always have a special place in my heart

C'mon: Andy Roddick, Tim Henman..
andylover_16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Music has changed your life?

Well I'm a musician professionally, so I can't conceive of life without music, I don't know what I would do with myself!

I like your musical tastes, andylover, because I think you what you described in your post is that you have started to see music as art rather than just entertainment, that is, something which reveals something of the artists' soul or inner world to you. That's always a thrilling thing, to relate to music that way. And by trying to fully understand the music, and why you like it, you can sometimes discover something about yourself in the process.

Now don't get me wrong, music can also be just plain fun! -- it doesn't have to be deep -- but there are so many dimensions to it, it's nice to explore them all.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:03 PM   #3

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: How Music has changed your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
Well I'm a musician professionally, so I can't conceive of life without music, I don't know what I would do with myself!

I like your musical tastes, andylover, because I think you what you described in your post is that you have started to see music as art rather than just entertainment, that is, something which reveals something of the artists' soul or inner world to you. That's always a thrilling thing, to relate to music that way. And by trying to fully understand the music, and why you like it, you can sometimes discover something about yourself in the process.

Now don't get me wrong, music can also be just plain fun! -- it doesn't have to be deep -- but there are so many dimensions to it, it's nice to explore them all.

yes..most definatly,
so you are a musician huh?....are you in a band?

Old 11-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #4
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

music?!I can tell you how internet changed my life but i dont want to go off topic
Old 11-17-2003, 02:08 PM   #5
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be short and sweet... Placebo - It's ok to be yourself. If people can't accept you, then you really don't have to change to suit others ideas of what is or is not acceptable. Also, there was a period this year where I became really depressed through uni, and their lyrics gave me a lot of meaning. Keep going at what you're doing, "Don't forget to be the way you are" "Dont go and sell your soul for self esteem" etc. Excellent lyrics! Or maybe I'm just biased. Placebo songs just have these lyrics that people can relate to. The way Coldplay are about emotion, thats sort of how I see Placebo as being for anger/frustration/self loathing or denial lol OMG I hope that made some sense! Placebo are my #1 band. The 2003 Sydney concert was AMAZING! Stefan is such a Spunk (and Swedish, how convenient!? )

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:15 PM   #6

Default Re: Re: How Music has changed your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkman_Girl
Just to be short and sweet... Placebo - It's ok to be yourself. If people can't accept you, then you really don't have to change to suit others ideas of what is or is not acceptable. Also, there was a period this year where I became really depressed through uni, and their lyrics gave me a lot of meaning. Keep going at what you're doing, "Don't forget to be the way you are" "Dont go and sell your soul for self esteem" etc. Excellent lyrics! Or maybe I'm just biased. Placebo songs just have these lyrics that people can relate to. The way Coldplay are about emotion, thats sort of how I see Placebo as being for anger/frustration/self loathing or denial lol OMG I hope that made some sense! Placebo are my #1 band. The 2003 Sydney concert was AMAZING! Stefan is such a Spunk (and Swedish, how convenient!? )

yes,

i know what you mean...i really want to see placebo in concert..that would be amazing.i cant wait until oasis goes on tour for their new cd