~*~ Jonas tournament cheering thread ~*~ - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #301
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Jonas tournament cheering thread ~*~

Jonas & Max won 6-2, 6-4

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 09:11 AM   #302
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

November 19, 2006

Bjorkman & Mirnyi Win Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai Title Over Knowles & Nestor

By Sandra Harwitt

Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi (audio) got things right this year at the Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai.

Playing in their second consecutive circuit-ending tournament together, Bjorkman and Mirnyi went from winning no matches at the event in 2005 to winning every match they played in 2006.

The end result: Bjorkman and Mirnyi won their first career Tennis Masters Cup title together with a scorching 6-2, 6-4 victory over Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor.

“I think we saved the best until last, and we couldn't have finished the year better than this way,” Bjorkman said. “We just played probably the best match of the year.”

“We felt really good. [We] had no stiffness after that long match yesterday. Like I said, we’re used to play a lot of matches. I think that actually helped us, that we had a tough one yesterday. We came out here and were ready to rock and played almost a hundred percent perfect match.”

It was Bjorkman and Mirnyi’s second victory this week over the Knowles and Nestor pairing – they also beat the Bahamian-Canadian duo 4-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-2) in the round robin portion of the tournament. The victory provides Bjorkman and Mirnyi with a 5-4 winning record over Knowles and Nestor.

This marks the first season-ending title for Mirnyi, but the second for Bjorkman.

Over a decade ago in 1994, Bjorkman teamed with fellow Swede Jan Apell to win what was then called the ATP Tour World Doubles Championship.

The second seeds here, Bjorkman and Mirnyi add the exclusive Tennis Masters Cup trophy to the five other titles they won this year – Doha, AMS Miami, AMS Monte-Carlo, Roland Garros and AMS Cincinnati.

The duo also reached the final of the U.S. Open in September, losing to martin Damm and Leander Paes.

“I really love playing singles and doubles,” Bjorkman said. “For me, it is a great game. I have so much fun to play with Max. He's probably the most professional guy I ever seen and played with on and off the court. It's just really, really nice to be around him. You know, it's been great fun these two years, and hopefully we can have the same success next year.”

Knowles and Nestor, the third seeds here, were hoping to win their first year-end title in this their eighth time playing together in the final event of the season.

While they will go home again without the season-ending championship title, they can feel proud of their year in which they powered their way to four titles – Delray Beach, AMS Indian Wells, AMS Rome and Basel.

Bjorkman and Mirnyi raced out to a 4-0 lead in the opening set and then took a 5-3 lead in the second set by breaking Knowles’ serve in the seventh game.

Serving for the match made Mirnyi, a native of Belarus, a bit nervous. The Knowles-Nestor duo were able to make headway in the game to 30-30, before surrendering two points later when a service return sailed wide.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal

Old 11-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #303
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

It is the second season-ending title for Jonas after twelve years?

Congrats!
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #304
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats to Jonas & Max
So sad we could not watch the match

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #305
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

lets vote for Jonas
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=90971

Old 11-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #306
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
I've already did it
Old 12-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #307
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Doha draw

(1)Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs Hyung Taik Lee (KOR)
Nicolas Almagro (ESP) vs Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)
Jurgen Melzer (AUT) vs Q
(7)Sebastien Grosjean (FRA) vs Olivier Rochus (BEL)

(4)Andy Murray (GBR) vs Filippo Volandri (ITA)
Alberto Martin (ESP) vs Christophe Rochus (BEL)
Q vs Q
(8)Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) vs Max Mirnyi (BLR)

(6)Robin Soderling (SWE) vs Kristof Vliegen (BEL)
Potito Starace (ITA) vs Guillermo Garcia Lopez (ESP)
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo (ESP) vs Sultan Khalfan (QAT)
(3)Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) vs Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)

(5)Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) vs Daniele Bracciali (ITA)
Andreas Seppi (ITA) vs Gael Monfils (FRA)
Thomas Johansson (SWE) vs Younes El Ayanoui (MAR)
(2)Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) vs Q

Old 12-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #308
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Doubles Draw:

Björkman & Mirnyi [SWE/BLR, 1] vs. Kohlschreiber & Söderling [GER/SWE]
Youzhny & Zimonjic [RUS/SRB] vs. Ramirez Hidalgo & Volandri [ESP/ITA]
Fyrstenberg & Matkowski [POL, 4] vs. Cermak & Levinsky [CZE]
Baghdatis & Wawrinka [CYP/SUI] vs. A. Murray & J. Murray [GBR]

C. Rochus & Vliegen [BEL, WC] vs. Almagro & Martín [ESP]
El Aynaoui & Khalfan [MAR/QAT, WC] vs. Damm & Paes [CZE/IND, 3]
T. Johansson & Ljubicic [SWE/CRO] vs. Grosjean & Monfils [FRA]
Knowle & Melzer [AUT] vs. Knowles & Nestor [BAH/CAN, 2]

Old 12-31-2006, 10:12 AM   #309
country flag Nadie

Kom igen Jonas
Old 12-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #310
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Kom igen Jonas

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 01-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #311
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Kohlschreiber/Söderling def. (1) Björkman/Mirnyi 1-6, 6-3, 10-7

they were up *1-0 in the second set.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #312
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

J Bjorkman (SWE) d N Almagro (ESP) 75 75

Old 01-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #313
on clouds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
J Bjorkman (SWE) d N Almagro (ESP) 75 75
Great Jonas

Old 01-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #314
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

(1)N Davydenko (RUS) d J Bjorkman (SWE) 64 63

Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #315
country flag Nadie