***SAP Open*** - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #16
country flag shyscots25

shyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***SAP Open***

Huge shock that wang beat blake, but should be better for Andy. Curiously if you check the atp website you will find to your surprise that andy and wang have played before! Apparently Wang beat Andy at Surbiton (on grass obviously) in 2004. Not sure that that is entirely relevant, but he does seem to be moving up the rankings himself. He could well cause Andy problems, but if it was a choice between blake and the saudi born wang, we will take wang any day!

Here's hoping he can do it, and if you look ahead, Andy's potential quarter final opponent would likely be soderling (who andy beat last year) or robredo who i also think Andy can beat and who hasn't had a great year yet either! There is no doubting Andy has some chances here, but let's not get too carried away. First up Wang probably early hours of friday morning our time! He isn't on the order of play for wednesday!

Let's hope he can keep the good form going!
shyscots25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #17
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

James losing is good news for Andy. This is Andy's match to win me thinks.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #18
country flag Duncan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Duncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond repute

it sure is, but lets not get over confident! a quarter final appearance would be awesome though!
Duncan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #19
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the doubles win

It was going to be hard for me to root for Andy over James, but at least I won't have this problem now. Come on Andrew!! Make your first quarterfinal of 2006

Andy

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #20
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

15 February 2006 22:01 Home > Sport > Tennis
Murray rediscovers form to avenge reverse by Fish
By Derrick Whyte
Published: 15 February 2006

Andy Murray cruised into the second round of the SAP Open in San Jose with a comfortable straight-sets win over Mardy Fish while his fellow Briton Greg Rusedski also won his first-round match in Marseilles yesterday.

Murray avenged a defeat in his only other match against the American * in three sets in Indianapolis last year * with a 6-2, 6-2 win. He fired down five aces and was broken only once while he converted six of his 11 break-point chances.

"That's the best match I've played this year so far," said the 18-year-old. "I feel like I'm hitting well and moving well. I've practised a lot in the last couple of weeks and I was happy with my serve tonight.

"Since I played him last year, this time I knew his strengths and weaknesses * and it helped me get my position early in the rally. I was aggressive on the right balls and I was taking risks and I played a really solid match. I'm really happy with how it went."

In the Marseilles Open, Rusedski won 6-3, 6-2, against the Frenchman, Nicolas Thomann. The Briton took the initiative early in the match, breaking his opponent and serving up eight first-set aces.

The British No 2's serve continued to dominate in the second set and he completed an easy victory on the back of two breaks.

Slovakia's Karol Beck, banned from the game for two years on Monday after a positive drugs test, claims an acquaintance spiked his drinks in a night-club.

In a tearful press conference yesterday, Beck, who plans to appeal against the ban, denied taking performance-enhancing products. He said: "I was at a nightclub with members of Slovakia's professional tennis circle," he said. "I never thought something like this could happen, but I have my suspicions who it was that did this to me. I have my reasons. I think someone did this to me on purpose. Slovaks are jealous of success.

"I hope the sentence will at least be reduced," he said. "But I have to keep practising, stay strong, have faith."

http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/article345447.ece

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #21
country flag keep_er_lit!

keep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond reputekeep_er_lit! has a reputation beyond repute

Blake and Robredo are now both out - so Andy's side of the draw is wide open, if he plays well.
keep_er_lit! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #22
country flag shyscots25

shyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond repute

ANDY WINS AGAIN!!!!! Great news to wake up too!

He now plays soderling who he BEAT last year in thailand. Won't be easy, he won on two tiebreaks last time, and should be close, but it is a good matchup for andy as soderling is the type of player andy can handle i am sure!

A semi with Roddick would be brilliant; so let's hope for another win tonight!!!! He is scheduled to play last in the afternoon session!

Come on Andy!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #23
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Go on Murray, get in my son!

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #24
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Andy esp winning it in str8s. Take Robin down!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #25
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a very good draw for Murray. He needs to take advantage of it and beat Soderling.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #26
country flag xxxtennisfanxxx

xxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond reputexxxtennisfanxxx has a reputation beyond repute

He beats Söderling 4-6 7-5 6-4
xxxtennisfanxxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:02 AM   #27
country flag OddJob

What a tough match for Andy but I'm so glad he made it through. What a juicey semi if Arod makes it. Andy can def stay with Arod in the back court it's just the holding serve part and breaking that could get him into trouble.

Best Of Luck in the Semis!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:39 AM   #28
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

Take him down and win it all, man!

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #29
country flag shyscots25

Yep great victory, and even better news is we can watch his semi against Roddick on eurosport!!!

Get your alarms set for 3am roughly i think, it will be well worth it! Roddick is definitely still vulnerable at the moment! Realistically we can't expect Andy to win, but well, i have a fair bit of hope he could run him close.

Great stuff so far, its up to him to keep it going!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #30
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

I read on another board that Eurosport are only going to show the Hewitt match, I don't know if that is right.

It doesn't affect me anyway - I haven't got Eurosport!

Well done to Andy, a tough, gritty match when he must have been tired. Playing doubles may not be a good idea in the smaller tournaments where he has a chance to get to the final stages. With another doubles match inbetween (even though a 2 set loss) he is hardly going into the match with A-rod fresh.
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote