Mooo! The Americans May Be High On Grass But CHILE's GARRA Will Smoke Them Out! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:41 AM   #61
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mooo! The Americans May Be High On Grass But CHILE's GARRA Will Smoke Them Out!

So sorry to hear it probably won't work out for you to go Nicofan. This always having it in Cali sounds like tennis politics to me.

You're right,of course, about the lack of depth on the Chilean team Nicofan. US does have a bunch of underachievers to fall back on (there's that lack of garra again ) If Nico or Fernando aren't 100% it would be pretty much over. So TAKE CARE GUYS!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #62
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mooo! The Americans May Be High On Grass But CHILE's GARRA Will Smoke Them Out!

so it's finally grass huh?

Anyway I just want to wish to the boys the best, I know they could do it 'cause when they're together and fighting for their country they can do amazing things, but of course, they have to take care of themselves, 'cause if any of them are not capable to be at their 100%, we can say that it'd be over

So sorry that you're not going NicoFan! I'll still be keeping fingers crossed for you

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:58 PM   #63
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

The selection of Mission Hills will be made today at 4:00.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennis...&bannerregion=
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #64
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

A little trash talking by James. I hope the boys read this - nothing like this to get them fired up to destroy James on court.

And the way Andy is playing, I'm not sure that the Americans have all that much any more to be confident about. Of course things change - there's a long time from now until DC - Andy may get his act together by then.

From latercera.cl:

James Blake won the two points that he played before Rumania, in the match of the first round of the World Group of Davis Cup. This it is a point to its favor to integrate the match before Chile, in April. Clearly that says that he is not the unique one, just as he left him in clear yesterday al to respond to latercera.

"To be the number two, I believe that I am the favorite one before (Nicolas) Massú and (Fernando) González playing on grass", Blake said from Memphis.

The New Yorker believes that his country is the great candidate to advance to semifinals.

"Of course we are the favorites. Already we were it in other surfaces and now more on grass. With Andy (Roddick), the Bryan brothers we are the favorites. Behind Roger Federer, Roddick is the best player on grass. He has played two times the end in Wimbledon and he is very dangerous. The same the Bryan, that played the end in London last year; have a great he remove and on grass they have large chances before the Chileans", explained Blake.

"Massú has not had large results on grass in Wimbledon. González is better, but this court gives us better opportunities to win", the American on the election said that they did to wait for Chile on grass.

Blake praised the play of the nationals.

"The two fight a lot. González hits him strong and can attack with the right and service. No longer it is the player that hits to all and he is intelligent. Massú has a great right and moves very well, although the backhand is his weakness", finalized.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #65
country flag NicoFan

Pat Mac is thinking about Andre playing DC. I think Nico would be thrilled if his childhood idol played. He said right after they beat Slovakia that he wanted to play Andy and Andre so I hope it comes true for him!

From latercera.cl:

After the election of the headquarters for the Davis Cup match set against Chile, that will be played on the grass in the Mission Hills Country Club, California, the doubts in the American team are referred their members. To be clear, the great unknown quantity that maintains the captain Patrick McEnroe is the name of the second singles player, just as remained clearly yesterday in a teleconference that gave for diverse local media and foreigners from New York.

"Obviously that Andy Roddick and the Bryan brothers will be in the team, to be not that even something in the next weeks", explained the American coach.

The dilemma is important for McEnroe, considering that has several letters in the hand for the fourth member and second singles player. And he recognized that among them is maintained Andre Agassi.

"James Blake did a great role in La Jolla (before Rumania, in the first round), but that does not mean that be sure. I spoke with Andre Agassi and under certain circumstances he is interested in playing and to return to the team. Robby Ginepri also has chances and to Taylor Dent obviously that one must consider him to play on grass, by his characteristics of serving and volleying, but I have to see how is of health", explained the American captain.

According to McEnroe the performance of the players over the coming weeks will be important to take the resolution, but will also have in folder other antecedents, therefore is played on grass.

"I have to think about the complete interest of the team, for thus be able to achieve the victory. Blake has large options to play. But it would be very imprudent if I do not listen to Andre (Agassi), to know how feels and to see what happens with him in the next weeks", added the brother of John McEnroe, who has to March 28 to clarify the situation.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:36 AM   #66
country flag Chileno

Chileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see Agassi too!!! He's my favourite US player by far.
Chileno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #67
country flag NicoFan

Pat Mac may not decide until a couple days before whether it wil be James or Andre. I'm surprised that Andre would do that.

I wouldn't want to be Pat Mac - hard decision.

From latercera.cl:

The decision that has among his hands the captain U.S., Patrick McEnroe, is not easy. Leaving below the matches before Chile to Andre Agassi turns out to be very complicated, by trying a legend, as is the "Kid of Las Vegas". Even James Blake, the other that fights by a position, said that "I do not know if would tell no to Agassi".

Nevertheless, the American coach slid in their television comments of ESPN 2 an alternative to facilitate their task: to nominate to Agassi and Blake so that they plunge to the already sure Andy Roddick and the brothers Mike and Bob Bryan to the practices in Rancho Mirage and only to make a decision on the second singles player hours before the match against Chile.

"The already it has done that before and is a strong alternative", commented Tim Curry, member of the American Association of Tennis.

The rule of the ITF indicates that 10 days before the match should be recorded four players (28 of March), nevertheless is permitted to change to two of them to the day of the drawing, that prior Thursday to the confrontation is performed.

The measure even already would have arrived at the ears of the players. Blake, for example, was not shown very pleased.

"It is very difficult to be concentrate on the training when do not you know if are going to play. There is pressure during all the week, as opposed to when there are only four players. At Thursday arrives relaxed and ready for three days of pressure. To the contrary of if arrives with four days of pressure in the training, added to three more than the matches. It is hard. It will be something that will have to converse", explained the New Yorker, who has the first option to be set against them directed of Hans Gildemeister thanks to its campaign of the last weeks (champion in Las Vegas and semifinalist in Indian Wells).
Old 03-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #68
country flag NicoFan

Also Horacio went over to the DC site after Fernando lost. He says the court is playing slow and the ball is bouncing low.

Tough for Nico - he likes the ball to bounce high.

Hopefully he can get used to it in the week he has to practice before the match.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #69
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe PatMac thinks Andre may not want to wait for a decision and bow out therefore saving PatMac having to choose. And I know this is probably blasphemy but could PatMac end up choosing James and Andre? Or is Andy promised a slot?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #70
country flag NicoFan

I doubt that he wouldn't choose Andy - Andy's been in the finals at Wimbledon now I think 2-3 years?

I think James beating Rafa yesterday sealed the deal though Pat Mac probably won't say. Though if James beats Fed today, I think Pat Mac would look like a fool if he doesn't yell JAMES is the second singles player immediately after the match!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:53 AM   #71
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

but James didn't win today so I guess that Pat Mac is exactly the same now

I read that too about that Horacio visited the courts ... I know that it'll be difficult for Nico but again, the american team haven't met yet the chilean garra so we'll see what happens and the Bryans didn't win IW either so ... I know something about sports, there's nothing sure until it's over so we'll see....

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #72
country flag NicoFan

In an interview with Fernando after his match with Kiefer, he said that they may either practice in Fishers Island (outside of Miami) or in California but he wasn't sure yet because he hadn't talked to Hans about it.

I hope Fishers Island - close to their families and friends.

And I have to check on this but I didn't think they could practice at the DC site until a week before anyway so what difference does it make this week if its grass in Florida or grass in California because both would be different from the grass at the DC site.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #73
country flag kidnicky

oh I read that but forgot to post it ... I think that they'll stay in Miami, Fernando said that grass is grass so if they can't practice in the DC site they should stay in Miami, besides I think you're right NicoFan, I think that they could practice at the DC site just one week before it.

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #74
country flag NicoFan

From latercera.cl:

Today, the American captain Patrick McEnroe will bring to light of official form the team that will face to Chile, in the quarterfinals of the World Group of Davis Cup the 7, 8 and 9 of April in Mission Hills.

After the announcement of Andre Agassi to be marginalized of the confrontation by a rebellious injury in the back, there is not a lot of space for the surprises. Andy Roddick will be the first singles player, Mike and Bob Bryan the doubles players and James Blake the responsible for playing the other individual one.

The New Yorker itself responsible for confirming its name among the holders with good results lately. To the end that reached last week in Indian Wells, Blake was installed yesterday in the quarterfinals of the Masters Series of Miami, after surpassing for 6-3, 4-6 and 6-1 al Finnish Jarkko Nieminen (24ş), who was a hard rival one for the present number nine of the world, who already was holder in the series hostess before Rumania, in the first round.

To Blake added in the quarterfinals Roddick (4ş), who al Spanish was imposed Fernando Verdasco (32ş), for 6-3 and 6-4.

It consulted Roddick by the Davis Cup matches and if agreed that the Chileans rise its level playing in team, Roddick said that "it more dangerous than they they have is that are good players. They are complemented very well and they showed it in the Olympic Games. They give a lot more when they play for the flag and is of that by which we have to worry us".

The American added that "we elect grass because is where we feel better. I have had good results there in recent years. Though I have lost with Massú in other courts, on grass it will be different".
Old 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #75
country flag NicoFan

Very nice words by Guille in Radio Cooperativa. So we all have to be very nice to Guille again from now on.

From Radio Cooperativa:

The number two Argentine, who had problems with the main players Chilean last year, will witness the match in Rancho Mirage and desired a national triumph before the American picture.

With very good spirit, the Argentine Guillermo Coria (7ş) was declared like Chilean supporter for the match of the national picture before United States, in dialogue with the special envoy of Al Air Free in Cooperative, Rodrigo Hernández.

Coria, who last year had encontrones in the circuit ATP with Nicolas Massú (43ş) and Fernando González (19ş) commented that he will witness the match that will be disputed in Rancho Mirage, California, and he desired a triumph of the team commanded by Hans Gildemeister.

"It is going to be difficult, but I am going to go to see them, because I like to see Cup Davis. It is going to be an important series, is a very pretty place, the stadium is remaining very good and I hope that Chile can win, but I see it very complicated. I hope they can give the fluke as we we gave it in Australia", indicated the Argentine.

The native of Rufino will go al encounter taking advantage of its stopover in Californian territory, where will prepare the European season of clay with its new technician, Spanish José Higueras, who worked years ago with the former number one of the world, the American Pete Sampras.

They call the attention the words of Coria in whom in 2005 did news by its problems with Massú in the US Open, after their constant claims against the collections of the umpire in his match with the vińamarino, and with González in the Masters Series of Madrid, when that of Gonzalez assured that in the locker rooms all the tennis players were cheered by a loss of the Argentine.

Nevertheless, the trasandino wanted to give return the page al to assure that does not have problems with the Chilean players, although stood out a better relation with the pupilo of Gabriel Markus.

"With Nico is every barbaro; with Fernando, normal. Do neither I want to speak because provided that I say something in Chile they put him and when more is noted in Argentina is that provided that I explain it of Fernando continues speaking of the theme", commented.

"I have problems with none of the two, this is part of the tennis, respect a lot the work that are doing the two. Besides, with Massú is impossible to be fought, because he is very nice and I hope they can beat the United States", added.

As for González, confessed that not yet file harshness, but assured that he would like to leave all in the past.

"Yes, I would love, but was very strong what said. The truth is that hurt me, I do not want that continue speaking of the theme, but hurt me. On the other hand with Nico, he mistook me, I was, was spoken and is all well", expressed. (Cooperative.cl)