Mooo! The Americans May Be High On Grass But CHILE's GARRA Will Smoke Them Out! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #46
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mooo! The Americans May Be High On Grass But CHILE's GARRA Will Smoke Them Out!

Yo no adoro hablar, yo adoro escribir

Great spanish NicoFan

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #47
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mooo! The Americans May Be High On Grass But CHILE's GARRA Will Smoke Them Out!

Great thread title Nicofan!!! I love it!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #48
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with the Bryans in latercera.cl. Maybe the Bryans will still be laughing at the end of the match...but I hope not!

Its near noon in New York. Here, the twins Bob and Mike Bryan are ready for the launch of a new campaign of the ATP to prompt the competence of couples. And the twins are the main guests to the festival in Time Square. Minutes before Bob, the left-handed one of the American couple, a time is given to converse by telephone with latercera one on one of the most important challenges than assures to have in the next months: the match in April set against Chile by the quarterfinals of the World Group of Davis Cup.

"For us it will be a hard match. Massú and González are large players, that also they do it very well in double", begins saying the American doubles player.

Q - What is it more dangerous of Chile?
A - Good, Massú is a great fighter, that besides has victories on Andy Roddick. Fernando González has also beaten Andy and he has surpassed to various of our players. Therefore that we expect to be very well prepared for that match.

Q - You have played three times against Massú and González, one of them in the Olympic Games of Athens. What memory has?
A - Good, they removed us the dream to win the Olympic gold. They played a great tournament and I remember a lot the support of the Chilean supporters that always are in all the tournaments of the world. Surely here, when we face them, will not be different. But we had our revenge later in the US Open (in 2005, in the quarterfinals).

Q - Roddick says that grass is the best option to face to Chile. You agree?
A - Massú and González grew playing in clay, but in cement they feel quite comfortable. Therefore in grass we have better chances. Andy is one of the better of the world playing in this surface and we accommodate us very well. Perhaps James (Blake) prefers hardcourt, but there are other players that do it well in grass.

Q - In the double, Massú and González they would be seen more complicated to be remained in the fund..
A - That is what we seek. The two they play a double atypical one since behind of the court and that in pasture is done very difficult, more in the double. There we will remove a great advantage.

Q - The problem is that the prior tournaments to Davis Cup are played in hardcourt. The change of surface can also complicate them you..
A - Good, but if to can cost us us, to the Chileans more still (laughs). One must seek the form that the rival one sits down uncomfortable and the form to remove more advantage.

Q - By being localities you are the favorite?
A - We have our chances, but we will have to play very well to conquer to Chile. We have clear which are our fortresses and our weaknesses, but also we know that Massú and González are dangerous.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:19 AM   #49
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the Bryans are the first ones that recognized that this will be a tough serie for the americans .... we'll see what happens .... we'll see

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #50
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I've been checking Andy's forum because I know they will have the selection announcement faster than anyone else.

A couple of days ago, Mission Hills (in California near the IW site) and grass looked like it was going to be the site selected.

Now its reported that Winston-Salem may be the one selected because of financial considerations - on INDOOR HARD.

Really - can the USTA and Pat Mac be that stupid?

The answer is YES.

Anyone who has gone to the US Open for as many years as I have knows just how incompetent the USTA is and how EVERY decision is based on money.

I do realize that everything in sports - not just tennis - is driven by the almighty dollar. And there are other considerations for the Americans besides winning - I don't care what anyone says but to pick California twice in a row would be a political faux pas for the USTA.

And I still think that grass could backfire on the Americans if Andy and the Bryans aren't in 100% form. They have NO backups. I don't care how well Taylor is playing - and I could be wrong here - but would never rest my hopes on him.

Indoor hard will be tough for our two chicos to win on also - the Americans have soooo much depth there - not just Andy and the Bryans, but James and Robby.

But we'll see - still not a done deal yet for the site.

And btw - if its Winston-Salem - I'M THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With my Chilean flag signed by my Nico!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #51
country flag NicoFan

BTW - still think they'll pick grass in the end.

But if they don't, I'll have to come up with another title name!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #52
country flag kidnicky

ooh I'll pray a lot for this not only because maybe our boys have more chance in an indoor court, also because I want you ther NicoFan!!

So I guess that all the posibilities for the decision of the court are beign ask to say "show me the money"

And I agree about Dent, is really stupid to pretend that US can use him as a backup, although I guess that I should stop talking about backups 'cause if one of our boys couldn't be there, we wouldn't have too many backups for the chilean team so I just shhss!!

Don't worry about a new title, your imagination is great for this

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #53
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Now its reported that Winston-Salem may be the one selected because of financial considerations - on INDOOR HARD.

Really - can the USTA and Pat Mac be that stupid?

The answer is YES.

And btw - if its Winston-Salem - I'M THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With my Chilean flag signed by my Nico!
You know I agree with you on that Nicofan!!!
Of course you're right-indoor hardcourt will be tough for them too but I think grass would be tougher. When do they have to make a final decision where it will be played?

That would be great if you got to go Nicofan!!! (check with Rogifan if you haven't already-she's thinking of going too).

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 02-21-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #54
country flag NicoFan

I want to be there too Kid! And I will check with RogiFan if it is there - that would be fun.

I think they need to make the decision by the end of this week - I think they had two weeks to make it.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #55
country flag kidnicky

Fingers crossed for Winston-salem!!! we need and want to Nico's number one fan there

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 02-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #56
country flag NicoFan

The USTA and Pat Mac weren't stupid after all.

They picked Mission Hills, and it will be grass. Mission Hills is near the IW site. I'm going to try to go. How can I not? My Nico and Fernando are coming to America to try to get to the SFs of the Davis Cup. I need to be there.

Now the interesting thing will who will Pat Mac pick as the second singles player. Probably Taylor Dent. Especially with James and Robby not playing well right now. We'll see.

Nico and Fernando are going to have to go straight from Miami to any grass court in the States. Depending on how far they go in the Miami tournament, that will give them time to get used to it. Especially Nico. I'm going to have to ask around - don't know if IW and Miami's hardcourts play fast or not. If they do, it will be less difficult for the guys to go from hard to grass.

BUENA SUERTE TO OUR CHILENO CHICOS! I know they can do this! I have total faith in them.

And win or lose - of course, still love them both.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:55 PM   #57
country flag NicoFan

Can't find confirmation. Wow...you can tell what a BIG sport tennis is here in the US. Not in Sports Illustrated, not on ESPN, not in Tennis Week, not even on the USTA site. So far Andy's forum has an exclusive.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:59 PM   #58
country flag NicoFan

Here's the article: http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc...PDATE/60221002

The reason its probably not out there is that the USTA hasn't told the ITF yet and the contracts still aren't signed.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #59
country flag Sparko1030

Well, at least they know where it will be now. Grass will be tough but certainly not impossible. The US team seems weak right now anyway. I may be foolish but Dent never seems like a threat-can't take him for granted but he is certainly beatable, even on grass (if that is Pat Mac's choice...) This may be really foolish but, I would be more worried if they had to play Argentina-I have to agree that the US players just don't seem to have Garra as the Chileans do. Nico and Fena just have an extra something when playing for their country. Good luck to Nico and Fena and the rest of the Chilean team!!!! (and win or lose, the Chilean team are my #1!!!)

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 02-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #60
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
Well, at least they know where it will be now. Grass will be tough but certainly not impossible. The US team seems weak right now anyway. I may be foolish but Dent never seems like a threat-can't take him for granted but he is certainly beatable, even on grass (if that is Pat Mac's choice...) This may be really foolish but, I would be more worried if they had to play Argentina-I have to agree that the US players just don't seem to have Garra as the Chileans do. Nico and Fena just have an extra something when playing for their country. Good luck to Nico and Fena and the rest of the Chilean team!!!! (and win or lose, the Chilean team are my #1!!!)
Yup, the Chileans are 1000 times better to root for the Americans anyday of the week!

I think you're right - the US team does seem weak - could be wrong, but I don't think that its going to be the slam dunk that everyone thinks its going to be. None of them are doing well - Andy, James, Robby, Taylor. But...its a long time until the DC tie - so things can change and they could all be kicking butt then.

Plus if Nico or Fernando are even slightly not 100% - there is no backup for them. Basically none for Andy or the Bryans either but their 2nd team is much better obviously than Paul and Adrian - even with Paul playing better.

And I must have a rant here. I checked flights - totally too expensive to fly into Palm Springs. And not all that cheap to go into LAX. Plus I'd had to rent a car and that's totally expensive.

So looks like going is out for me.

Not only does the USTA pick California yet again but they pick a site in the middle of NOWHERE. Jerks....

I don't know why they couldn't pick Scottsdale - flights right there.