Taylor in Rotterdam - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taylor in Rotterdam

Taylor is continuing his befuddling run in Europe instead of the US in Rotterdam this week.

He plays Berdych tomorrow night in the first round of singles. Very tough match for Taylor I think, considering how good Berdych is indoors. But, hope he can get a win to start turning around his 2006

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 03:52 AM   #2

Default Re: Taylor in Rotterdam

Well Good Luck to Taylor But I don't understand why he isn't playing in the U.S.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-20-2006, 04:22 AM   #4

Do the Tournaments in Europe pay more? And I mean going out in the 1st Round of Tournaments Taylor can't be making that much money anyway
Old 02-20-2006, 04:24 AM   #5
country flag Deboogle!.

Appearance fees.....that's where the players really make the money

Why do you think Andre is playing in DUBAI instead of his hometown....

Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 AM   #6

Ah, you must remember that I don't have your tennis knowledge. I don't really know much about appearance fees. I have heard of them so I know they exist, but I have no idea how much money is involved
Old 02-20-2006, 04:34 AM   #7
country flag Deboogle!.

Optional tourneys (Aka not the slams and not the masters events) can offer players appearance fees. if you play your first round match you can get it (so if you pull out the day before your match is scheduled, you don't get it). The top players get in the 6 figures. Andre is probably getting at least a half million to show up in Dubai. Andy gets about 200,000-300,000 or so I think. Taylor is obviously not going to get that much, even players lower in the top 10-20 won't get that much, but maybe the tourneys here weren't willing to give Taylor anything but the tourneys in Europe were willing to give him a few thousand, so he showed up. It's all sort of hush-hush.

I remember 2 years ago, I went to the scottsdale tourney and the newspaper published it. Andre pulled out right before the tourney with his nerve problem, and he was supposed to get $300,000. Andy got $150,000 and the other THIRTY players in the draw got to split another $150,000 (didn't say how it was split up, I'm sure lower-ranked players didn't get anything).

There was a bit of uproar this past week because Andre pulled out, thus the tourney gets to keep the hundreds of thousands he would've gotten, but they ALSO got to use his name to sell tickets for months. As someone said, in that case it's like the tourney gets to double-dip.

But considering Taylor won Memphi 3 years ago, it's gotta be money that he plays in Europe now. You'd think just logically that he'd rather play at home, and the only common sense explanation is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 02-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #8

Wow Deb thanks for the information It must be nice to have a job where you can get paid just for showing up
And the way Taylor has been playing tennis lately he sure isn't making much money by just playing tennis!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #9
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't really blame Taylor for taking the money. Tho I would rather see him play at home. This his 2nd tough 1st rnd in a row. Taylor and Berdy aren't exactly playing their best at the moment. Hopefully Taylor comes out on top.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #10
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond repute

not an ideal first round match but good luck taylor!

ROGER FEDERER

GROSJEAN, HENMAN, MOYA, CORIA

ANCIC, BLAKE, LJUBICIC, CLEMENT, SANTORO, BAGHDATIS, MONFILS

F-LO, DENT, PHM, MULLER, STEPANEK, PHILIPPOUSSIS

Co-Founder and Proud Member of M.A.S.H.A

"If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."-Muhammad Ali

My Blog!
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #11

No for some reason Taylor seems to be a player who rarely gets a good draw And Taylor could use a good draw for a change!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
country flag Deboogle!.

Taylor won 6-4 7-5! Solid win over a very solid indoor player Berdych. Nice for him to get his FIRST win of the YEAR

Plus with ALL The withdrawals, Taylor has a GREAT chance to go far!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #13
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond repute

HE WON!! HE WON!!!
*now please don't lose in the next round*

ROGER FEDERER

GROSJEAN, HENMAN, MOYA, CORIA

ANCIC, BLAKE, LJUBICIC, CLEMENT, SANTORO, BAGHDATIS, MONFILS

F-LO, DENT, PHM, MULLER, STEPANEK, PHILIPPOUSSIS

Co-Founder and Proud Member of M.A.S.H.A

"If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."-Muhammad Ali

My Blog!
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #14

Alright Taylor he beat the 8th seed Now on to the 2nd Round
Old 02-21-2006, 04:42 AM   #15
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win for Taylor. Hopefully he'll keep up his good play in the next round.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote