he's back to home and next stop unknown... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #31
country flag midsommardagen

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes he's back and good luck next time!

OMG, please don't tell me he has injury again.
midsommardagen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #32
country flag foolish pleasure

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute

he withdrew....
Quote:
Top-seeded players facing troublesome openers at RMKC
By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 18, 2006

Phil Chamberlain, tournament director of the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships and the Cellular South Cup, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

And he wasn't reacting to the wintry weekend weather forecast.
He was looking at the draw for next week's RMKC, the annual ATP Tour tennis stop in Memphis that starts Monday at The Racquet Club. The CSC, the women's portion of the combined event, begins Sunday.

Chamberlain was somewhat ecstatic, and somewhat concerned, about the number of difficult first-round matches in the 32-man field.

Top seed and 2002 Memphis champion Andy Roddick drew former high school basketball teammate Mardy Fish, a top-20 player two years ago.

...BLAH BLAH BLAH....

''I think, overall, it's a pretty balanced draw,'' Chamberlain said. ''And it's a great field.''

Sweden's Joachim Johansson, the 2004 Memphis champion, made it to The Racquet Club Friday, but only to announce his withdrawal and to graciously help with the draw. Johansson is coming off two surgeries (shoulder, elbow) last year and felt he needed more time to rehabilitate after playing earlier this week in San Jose, his first tour match in more than six months.

Johansson said he would return to Europe to continue his rehab. He had elbow surgery in December.

''I want to be on top of my game for the grasscourt season,'' he said.

Chamberlain said he felt for Fish, a wild-card recipient coming off an injury-plagued season himself, drawing Roddick in the first round. Fish had two wrist surgeries last year and was limited to three tournaments after the French Open.

''It's got to be a little disappointing for him,'' Chamberlain said. ''But these guys are professionals. They take it in stride.''

On the women's side, top seed Nicole Vaidisova drew a difficult opening-round match in Viktoria Azarenka.
birte,
does the original swedish of this:
Quote:
Against the end of third set believed he that the nightmare where back.
- I might ont in the arm. But thanks and vacations each the in överarmen, not in the elbow or in the arbor where I been operated.
mean this:
Quote:
At the end of the third set, he feared that the injuries were back. "My arm hurt, but thankfully it was the forearm, and not my elbow or shoulder that I had surgery on."
?
the original is here

foolish pleasure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #33
country flag kada starpiba

kada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond reputekada starpiba has a reputation beyond repute

I think that mean He will not play Dubai too
kada starpiba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:12 AM   #34
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Awww it seems Pim Pim just can't catch a break.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:05 AM   #35
country flag tennisforumsname

tennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond reputetennisforumsname has a reputation beyond repute

they had an autograph session with him at the open, so i kinda met/him got his autograph! this was after he lost, though... poor guy- it was nice of him to still stick around and do autographs later in the week.

i felt kinda bad for him because everyone was there to see agassi that night, which didn't happen when he withrdew last minute. the crowd was really rowdy as a result/ just kept on cheering whichever guy was losing at the moment.
tennisforumsname is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #36

midsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond reputemidsommardagen has a reputation beyond repute

thank you foolish pleasure for the news
Did he get injured again? or he just needs some more time to rehabilitate? poor guy
awww, Pim Pim get well soon.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #37
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish pleasure
he withdrew....

birte,
does the original swedish of this:
mean this:?
the original is here

Yes, the translation is 100% right, foolish pleasure

Here is another, very short, article:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...781114,00.html

It´s mainly the same content, but Pim Pim says additionally that he will to 99% withdraw also from Indian Wells & Miami, because he needs some more time to recover.
For Pim Pim this hasn´t been unexpected, he says: "I didn´t expect that my body would work to 100% when I come back, but I suspected that something like this could happen when I start serving normally again...."

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:08 PM   #38

it's such a bad news. I hope his new injury isn't serious at all, and he's just being cautious to withdraw Memphis.

and Pim Pim, next time don't come back before you are 100% fit! otherwise I'll try to find a way to cut your hair.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #39

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsommardagen
it's such a bad news. I hope his new injury isn't serious at all, and he's just being cautious to withdraw Memphis.

and Pim Pim, next time don't come back before you are 100% fit! otherwise I'll try to find a way to cut your hair.
pina, maybe its time to change the title of the thread to "just testing the water"
Old 02-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #40
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
pina, maybe its time to change the title of the thread to "just testing the water"
don't say that
Old 02-21-2006, 03:40 AM   #41

Quote:
well, what's the meaning of "tesing the water" ? English isn't my native language so...

In Chinese, when useing it in internet forums particularly, "water" means saying something off-topic.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsommardagen
well, what's the meaning of "tesing the water" ? English isn't my native language so...

In Chinese, when useing it in internet forums particularly, "water" means saying something off-topic.
standing in awe of your english speaking abilities (and i'm being serious, not teasing )

"testing the water" isn't bad, promise

when one says "to test the water" in english (at least in american english)--it just means to see how things stand without committing to anything--so, if pim was "testing the water" in san jose, he was seeing if his shoulder was up to tournament play again...or if it needs more time...

i can't think of a metaphorical phrase off the top of my head that means "off topic" in english...
Old 02-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #43
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

oh.

So he won't be playing at IW.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #44
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
oh.

So he won't be playing at IW.
I am very sorry for you, but it seems so

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #45

thank you for your explanation and compliment, foolish pleasure