Articles, News ... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #61
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News ...

Marcos will play an exhibition in Cyprus, on April 10th, organized by Société Générale of Cyprus, with Fabrice Santoro and Marc Gicquel.
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 AM   #62
country flag hawk

hawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond repute

A Cyprus newspaper posted that Marcos breaks up his cooperation with tennis coach Guillaume Peyre and moves to Cyprus. His new tennis coach is Yiannis Hadgjieorgiou, the Cyprus Davis Cup Federal Coach. He also said that he will be training in Cyprus and that he will continue with his current physical trainer, Sébastien Durand.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #63
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

if this change can make him up to a new peak, best luck Marcos
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #64
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
A Cyprus newspaper posted that Marcos breaks up his cooperation with tennis coach Guillaume Peyre and moves to Cyprus. His new tennis coach is Yiannis Hadgjieorgiou, the Cyprus Davis Cup Federal Coach. He also said that he will be training in Cyprus and that he will continue with his current physical trainer, Sébastien Durand.
Yiannis used to coach him as a kid before he left for France and used to stay at his house. So if anyone can get him to enjoy his tennis again it will be him.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #65
country flag Rafas_grl

Rafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond reputeRafas_grl has a reputation beyond repute

21.04.07 - BAGHDATIS NEW COACH

Our Champion, Marcos Baghdatis and our National Coach and Davis Cup Captain, Yiannos Hadjigeorghiou, officially announced today morning their decision to work together, marking the beginning of a new era and a new coach for Baghdatis in his professional tennis career. It took nearly a whole week of intensive discussion among the two parties, regarding the best possible decision for our Champion, who has been training in Nicosia, since Tuesday this week.

But for Marcos, the decision was one and only in his mind, and this message was passed on to Yiannos as well as to the Federation Board this morning. And that was, to work with Yiannos.

“…there is a strong bond between me and Yiannos for many years now, both inside as well as outside the tennis court…I took a decision which I believe is the best for me now…I truly believe that our cooperation, and with Yiannos as my coach, nothing else but success will arise…I had to take the decision which will give me a lot of joy psychologically and will boost my fighting spirit inside the tennis court…I am entering into a new era of fresh effort inside the tennis court, with a totally new mindset…and this is what makes me at the end of the day happy…” our Champion said.

“…from the moment Marcos expressed his eagerness to work with me as a coach, I knew I had to take this challenge and work by his side…we tried this before and it has worked very well…with his strong willingness to make this work, this cooperation has all the strong foundations to prove a success at the end…Marcos needs a lot of psychological boost both inside as well as outside the court…I believe I am capable to offer what Marcos needs at the moment…we are both ready to bring all the things that bond us together for many years now, inside the tennis court…I strongly believe you will all experience a new Marcos, highly motivated and eager to reach the top spots in professional tennis…” Yiannos said.

The Cyprus Tennis Federation is strongly supportive of this new cooperation among Baghdatis and Hadjigeorghiou, and expresses its willingness to help in every possible way to make this work and be successful.

"...following an urgent meeting at the National Tennis Centre today, our Federation unanimously decided to support this cooperation among the two parties...we have always been supportive of our Champion...we will be by his side and support his decision...we know Yiannos has a contract with us till September, but the emphasis is on Marcos future success...we truly believe this is a decision that will bring further successes for our Champion...we will stay as a Federation, very close to Yiannos...and we will support both in every way possible...we wish them best of luck in this new beginning..." The President,Mr. Philios Christodoulou said today.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

"He opened a window of the kind of tennis he is capable of and it was art" - Roger Federer on Richard Gasquet
Rafas_grl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #66
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article and good advice from the wise man Yiannos, he was one of the main men that moulded Marcos. so up and up from here.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #67
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

A nice and thoughtful German article about Marcos. Maybe some of you here understand German or someone can translate it.

Quote:
Tennis: Marcos Baghdatis

Aus Strahlemann und Publikumsliebling Marcos Baghdatis ist ein nachdenklicher Tennisprofi geworden. «Plötzlich war die Lebensfreude weg», erzählt der 22-jährige Zypriote an den Davidoff Swiss Indoors in Basel.

Marcos Baghdatis, ein breites Lachen im Gesicht, klopft sich nach einem spektakulär gewonnenen Ballwechsel mit der rechten Faust aufs Herz, auf der Tribüne verbreiten seine fröhlichen Anhänger eine Stimmung wie in einem Fussballstadion: Die Bilder vom Australian Open, als der sympathische Jüngling von der Ferieninsel Zypern den Final gegen Roger Federer erreichte, gingen Anfang 2006 um die Welt.
Knapp zwei Jahre später taugt Baghdatis nicht mehr für eine Feel-good-Story. Die Euphorie ist verflogen; auf dem Stuhl vis-à-vis sitzt ein nachdenklicher junger Mann. Er spricht von einer «miserablen Phase zu Beginn der Saison». Er sei vom Weg abgekommen, «ich hatte keine Lust mehr auf Tennis». Mittlerweile hat sich der 22-Jährige aus Limassol etwas gefangen. Er gewann das ATP-Turnier von Zagreb und lieferte in den letzten Monaten auch sonst ordentliche Resultate ab. In der Weltrangliste belegt er Platz 24. Doch das Strahlen im Gesicht ist verschwunden; Baghdatis fühlt sich nicht mehr so wohl in seiner Haut wie früher.

«Ich fühlte mich verloren»

Es fällt ihm schwer, seine psychischen Probleme zu erklären. Er nennt den Druck, der seit seinem grossen Erfolg in Melbourne auf ihm laste, als Ursache. Ob sein Werdegang – Baghdatis verliess mit 13 Jahren seine Heimat und ging allein nach Paris, um in der Mouratoglou Tennis Academy den Traum von der Sportkarriere zu verwirklichen – eine Rolle spielt, ist er sich nicht im Klaren. «Die Wahrheit ist: Ich weiss nicht, was passiert ist. Ich fühlte mich verloren. Die Lebensfreude war plötzlich weg. Und bist du mit deinem Leben nicht glücklich, ist es schwierig, deinen Job gut zu machen.»
Vielleicht sei seine Entwicklung normal, sagt Baghdatis. Er sei erst 22 Jahre alt und müsse zuerst verarbeiten, was am Australian Open geschehen sei. Sein Bemühen, Halt und zu alter Stärke zu finden, ist offensichtlich. Im Frühsommer wechselte er sowohl seine Trainer als auch seinen Agenten aus. Der begabte Grundlinienspezialist betrachtet die Situation realistisch. «Ich muss reifer werden», sagt er selbstkritisch; «ich bin weder mental stabil noch konstant im Tennis.» Er arbeite daran, die nötige Konstanz zu erreichen, doch das sei nicht einfach, «denn die Resultate hängen nicht nur von mir ab – die anderen spielen auch gutes Tennis».
Immer wieder benutzt er im Gespräch dieselben Worte: «Ich muss meinen Weg finden.» Doch das brauche Zeit. Immerhin ist er überzeugt, das Schlimmste hinter sich zu haben. «Ich bin ziemlich zufrieden, wie es derzeit läuft.» Er werde sich seriös vorbereiten, damit er nächste Saison bereit sei.
Den Weg muss er noch finden, das Ziel kennt er schon. Baghdatis will wieder derartige Emotionen erleben wie vor zwei Jahren beim Finaleinzug in Basel und wenige Monate danach in Melbourne. Mit dem Australian Open verbindet er trotz seiner persönlichen Krise schöne Erinnerungen. «Auch wenn ich bereue, dass ich meine Chance gegen Federer nicht genutzt habe.» Den ersten Satz hatte er damals gegen den haushohen Favoriten gewonnen und auch im zweiten Set ein Break vorgelegt.

«Siegen ist das Wichtigste»

Vor seinem damaligen Bezwinger hat der Hobbyfussballer grossen Respekt, er bewundert ihn sogar. «Was Roger seit Jahren leistet, ist unglaublich. Allerdings habe ich das Gefühl, dass er nach so langer Zeit an der Spitze auch etwas müde ist und ihm das Gewinnen schwerer fällt als auch schon.»
Vor zwei Jahren war Marcos Baghdatis, ein geborener Entertainer, an den Swiss Indoors der Publikumsliebling. Ob es ihm auch diese Woche gelingt, die Basler Zuschauer so trefflich zu unterhalten, ist für den Zyprioten nebensächlich. «Siegen ist das Wichtigste», sagt er vor der heutigen Erstrundenpartie gegen den Spanier Albert Montanes (ATP 48 ). Konzentration auf das Wesentliche ist in seiner Situation sicher nicht falsch, zumal Erfolg nie schaden kann, wenn einer versucht, Enthusiasmus und Spielfreude wiederzufinden.

Adrian Ruch
http://www.espace.ch/artikel_436419.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #68
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Although I got only the gist of it, thanks Eden.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #69
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

A few days ago Yiannos (Marcos' coach) gave an interview to the Cypriot newspaper Simerini.

He speaks about his well-established cooperation with Marcos. Yiannos also reveals Marcos' practice schedule during the off-season, 2008 tournament schedule (till the start of clay season) and objectives for 2008.

Link: (Simerini - Sunday, November 11, 2007 - in greek)

http:// www.simerini.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=317755
Old 12-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #70
country flag Getta

Link: Simerini - Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - in greek)

http://www.simerini.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=322173

Yesterday in Dubai, Marcos started his preparation in a very intensive style

Hatjigeorgiou: "We have to work hard to achieve our goals"

Journalist: Argyris Argyros

Though Christmas and New Year's Eve are a period of relaxing for most people, for the tennis players is a period of hard training in order to get ready for the upcoming tournaments and therefore achieve their goals. Same for Marcos Baghdatis, the best Cypriot tennis player, who has given to the Cypriot fans so much joy and reasons ... to be proud.
Marcos Baghdatis and his coach Yiannos Hatjigeorgiou are in Dubai (since December 15), where they are in the last stage of the praparation for the upcoming new year. Marcos has changed the schedule for his first tournament in 2008 and instead of going to Doha in Qatar, has chosen to play in Chennai in India (tournament begining December 31, 2007). Last time Marcos played in Chennai was in 2005, with the same coach, Yiannos Hatjigeorgiou, he made there a first round exit (he lost to Nicolas Devilder 1-2 set). Then he reached in an impressive style the last 16 at Australian Open losing to Roger Federer.
Marcos Baghdatis' schedule is intensive practice in Dubai until the end of this week, return to Cyprus for two days (with Mr. Hatjigeorgiou) to spend Christmas with their families, then departure for Chennai, their first tournament of the year. Then, from India they will go straight to Melbourne, to continue their preparation for the first grand slam of the year. This year, Australian Open begins on January 14, 2008.

Special preparation

This year Australians changed the surface, the rebound ace, and the new surface is more similar to that of US Open. For this reason Mr. Hatjigeorgiou has chosen Dubai for their preparations, on surfaces similar to the ones in Australia, so that Marcos be familiar with them the soonest he can. In addition, the choice of Dubai was made so that our tennis player to be familiar with the high temperatures he will meet in Melbourne. Mr. Hatjigeorgiou told us that the temperature in Dubai is around 30 C these days.
Marcos came from a many days preparation for his fitness at the mountains of France and feels very well, only his legs are heavy. Yiannos Hatjigeorgiou, Marcos Baghdatis coach, told us from Dubai where he is now "We continue the preparation for his fitness and in the same time we will work on technical matters, like his service, the approach to the net, Marcos' aggressiveness in the game. There are matters which we have to see how well they work during the practice and then we will apply them in the matches. Fortunately, until now everything is going well and there is not any kind of problem. Marcos is well, he has a great desire for training and we must work very intensively to achieve our goals. In Australia especially, we want the best possible result, because this will help us for the coming tournaments, rising higher at the world ranking".
- We remind that Marcos finished 2007 ranked #16 at the world ranking with 1600 points, this year won one title (Zagreb) and reached the final twice (Marseille, Halle). We wish him, his titles in 2008 to be way more.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #71
country flag Hrastar

Hrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond reputeHrastar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks getta

MARCOS BAGHDATIS

GRIGOR DIMITROV

JARKKO NIEMINEN
!And all slovenian guys!
Hrastar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:14 AM   #72
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! Thanks fore the article!
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #73
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good article from last month. Apologies if it was posted in another thread I didn't see it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=3281217
A little aplomb would go a long way for Baghdatis
By Ravi Ubha
Special to ESPN.com
March 10, 2008

Marcos Baghdatis was in Las Vegas last week, which was only fitting. After all, he wouldn't look out of place captivating an audience, perhaps as a comedian, at some gargantuan hotel on the strip.

The flamboyant Cypriot, of course, was instead taking part in the Tennis Channel Open, home to a modest field while the big boys were in Dubai. Like a few others in the draw -- Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, Guillermo Canas and Robby Ginepri -- Baghdatis was trying to jump start his career.

Even though the 22-year-old fan favorite has already played in some of the tour's most memorable matches in recent seasons, he's lacked consistency since beginning a run of unlikely Australian Open finalists and is onto his third coach in less than a year. The talent is there, though Baghdatis admits it's between the ears where he's partly struggled.

"I think I play pretty good tennis, and it's not a matter of tennis, it's a matter of the head and confidence,'' said Baghdatis, ranked a seemingly disproportionate 18th. "I think that if I work on that, like I'm doing now, getting more consistent, I'll start missing a bit less and win more. I'm getting there. I think it's just a matter of time before I play better and better and get to the top 10.''

His confidence took a bit of a dip when Yiannos Hadjigeorgiou quit as his coach, citing personal reasons, early in February. Hadjigeorgiou, who mentored Baghdatis and forged a bond with him as a youngster, remains Cyprus' Davis Cup captain, so the two, still on good terms, will continue to bump into each other. He only replaced Guillaume Peyre, the man by Baghdatis' side during his Melbourne adventure in 2006, last spring.

Baghdatis showed up in Nevada with Mehdi Daouki, a product of Patrick Mouratoglou's academy just outside Paris, where he continues to train. Mouratoglou described the Moroccan, a coach at the academy for about two years, as energetic, motivated and a hard worker. He was the first guy Baghdatis thought of.

Filling the void quick was important. Mouratoglou acknowledged Baghdatis is one of those players who needs to be content off court to excel on it.

"I'm feeling great, and I feel much better,'' said Baghdatis. "I want to play tennis more now than I wanted to before.''

He widely confessed he found it hard to deal with increased expectations in 2006, and in his next visit to Melbourne, was gone with barely a whimper. Former junior foe Gael Monfils knocked him out in the second round, inflicting a dreaded bagel in the fourth and final set.

He has limitless talent, but to date Baghdatis has registered just two career titles.

"Marcos is unbelievably complex,'' Mouratoglou said. "Every time you expect something, he's doing something different. I think the person that's with him every day for 15 hours is so important, because if this person brings more confidence, more will, more enthusiasm, that's better for Marcos.''

Having a little extra will and confidence might make the difference when it counts.

Since Oz 2006, where he topped Croat Ivan Ljubicic in five sets in the quarterfinals and went the distance in defeating Argentine David Nalbandian a round later, rallying from two sets down, Baghdatis has lost some tight encounters on tennis's biggest stages.

Hampered by cramps and perhaps the raucous New York crowd, he fell to Andre Agassi in five sets in the second round at the U.S. Open two years ago; at Wimbledon last summer, this time in the quarterfinals, Baghdatis was on the wrong end of a five-hour, five-set epic against Novak Djokovic; and in the third round of this season's Australian Open, there was more five-set misery.

Baghdatis went down to Hewitt in five sets and nearly five hours after smiling himself back into the match when it appeared he was out of it in the fourth. (Baghdatis' mind might have been on other things against Hewitt. An old video was unearthed days before, showing him chanting anti-Turkish slogans, which led some to criticism.) His encounter with Rafael Nadal in the Wimbledon semis two years ago, another defeat, was arguably the highlight of the fortnight.

Baghdatis' high-risk game -- he hits the ball flat, with not much clearance over the net, and goes for the line -- isn't so much the problem, according to Mouratoglou. He needs to show the intensity all year, as in, not only at the majors.

Heading into Las Vegas, Baghdatis, inside the top 10 for two months in 2006, exited in the first round twice in four tournaments this campaign. Ginepri ousted him in the second round.

"On the other tournaments, maybe the not so important ones for him, he doesn't win because it's not important enough for him, and this hurts him in the end because on those so close and important matches, the confidence that he didn't take in the smaller tournaments -- that can make him lose,'' Mouratoglou said.

Baghdatis claims to be spending more time on the practice court, which can only help. If he makes a few improvements, such as transitioning to the net better and then putting away the volley, he should ascend the rankings with ease, said Barry Cowan, a former British pro and now a commentator for Sky Sports.

The next 12 to 15 months will prove vital, he added.

"The talent he has, the way he strikes a ball, the way he serves, he has that no-fear attitude, there's no reason why he can't get inside the top 10,'' Cowan said. "He certainly is an engaging character, which is why I think it was so good that he did well not only at the Australian Open two years ago but at Wimbledon as well.''
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ten_ap_baghdatis_580.jpg (35.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ten_ap_baghdatis_600.jpg (40.6 KB, 3 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #74
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

The presser after today's match. Very disappointing of course but no mention of the back injury.

Q. Good morning, Marcos. Three sets against this Italian player. Did you expect it to be all that difficult?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: No. Had I been expecting that I wouldn't have come to play. But I have not played for quite a while, so it was difficult for me to come back.

But I was lacking practice and matches. I was not making the appropriate choices at the right time. And even though the result shows he had an easy win, I think I had some opportunities in the first set, also in the second set when I had a break point at 4‑3.

But that's the way it is. That's tennis. But this guy, he played his match, and he played better than I did today.

Q. So what are you going to do next?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Well, I don't know. I think I'll go to Wimbledon. I'll talk about it with my coach later on.

THE MODERATOR: Any other questions?

Q. It's a disappointment, losing here in Paris at Roland Garros, a tournament that you like?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yes, of course it's a disappointment. Yes.

Q. It wasn't easy for you to have that draw against this player after such a long absence?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yes. But, you know, all players play good tennis. Then, as I said earlier, I haven't played enough so far, and even if the result is 6‑2, 6‑4, 6‑2 is hard, I had some opportunities in the first and in the second set.

I made wrong decisions, and this is what made the difference. He played more tournaments than I did so he had confidence. He shot the ball very well. He was fit. That made the difference, and this is why today I lost.

Q. What is your next objective?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Go to Wimbledon. I don't know if I'll play a Challenger next week, but I'll definitely go to Wimbledon.

Q. But is it a good comeback for you anyway?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Yes, I had good ‑‑ I felt good on the court. I wanted to play, but the problem is I didn't know what to do. Sometimes the ball was arriving. I didn't know how to play it. So it's a bit of a problem, you know, when you play at such a level not knowing how to play a ball. It's a bit difficult.

Q. Is it for lack of matches or because of your opponent?

MARCOS BAGHDATIS: Both. I can't say I didn't do anything. He played very well. He has a beautiful forehand and he played a beautiful match. But as I said, I had opportunities.

I was leading 30‑Love in the first set and I lost. I was not aggressive enough, because I'm lacking practice at the moment. But I'm not saying he didn't play well. He played well.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...805707718.html
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #75
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it was already posted before:
http://www.welovemarcos.com/
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote