Articles, News ... - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #136
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News ...

Marcos gave an interview to the Cypriot newspaper POLITIS five months ago (on September 7th, 2008). I translated it into English at the time. Fortunately I kept the article, since the provided link is inactive now. Anyone who wants to read the original article in Greek, must pay a visit to POLITIS' offices in Nicosia.

The interview is very interesting... reveals many things about Marcos...

Just try to read between the lines.

==================================================

http://www.politis-news.com/cgibin/h...277&-V=archive

MARCOS BAGHDATIS... BENDS HIS HEAD AND SPEAKS OF HIS DIFFICULT YEAR, AS HE SMILES REFERRING TO THE PRESENT AND STAYS POSITIVE ABOUT THE FUTURE.
"Yes, I'm strong. It doesn't matter that I lost many ranking points. I am not afraid of making a new start. It's an achievable goal."

Marcos Baghdatis has faced the most difficult year since he started to play professional tennis. Not only he lost many places in the ATP rankings (he was #16 in January, he is #46 in September), but also many unfortunate incidents happened to him. Problems first started at Australian Open. Then, coach change, ugly appearances in tournaments, serious injuries. The cherry on the cake was his absence from the Olympic Games in Beijing.
How did he find his way through difficulties? Who were the people that helped him? What are his goals now? Is there one person who can answer these questions? Yes, Marcos Baghdatis after many months, speaks about everything...

We missed you! Where are you now? What are you doing? Tell us about your recuperation.

I'm in Normandie these days, at a place only two hours away from Paris. I came here because I wanted to change environment. I was at the academy before that, but I got a bit bored, so I chose to continue with my recuperation here.

How is it going?

I'm quite well. Five days since I started to play tennis for two and a half hours per day. My wrist feels fine. I felt pain during the first days, but it gradually disappeared.

Under normal circumstances, how many hours a day do you train?

Around four and a half hours per day.

Is it possible the wrist problem reappear in the future?

My physician said "no". So, I don't think it will reappear. My physician has never failed predictions about my injuries.

You were injured at a very important moment because of the Olympics. Do you feel that this adventure will make you stronger?

I don't know... The truth is that I felt well after Wimbledon, and I was ready to play at the Olympics. That was my most important goal. For that reason I have been traning so hard, to be ready. It was very difficult to accept that I'd missed the Olympics, I have been waiting four years for this. My physician and I tried everything to be ready in time, but the time was too short and there was a chance of damaging my health. Well, I was hugely disappointed, but nothing could have been done differently.

After that, what have you done?

I took one week off work for holiday, I went to Cyprus, then I came back and started training. Well, I feel very well physically, but... I was left behind tennis wise. I will take some time to play again my good tennis game, I think.

What is your last goal for this year?

My biggest goal is to get properly prepared for 2009. This year is finished for me. I'll try to win some matches in the remaining tournaments though.

Anyway, you'll have another chance for the Olympics...

(smiling) Yes, but you never know what is going to happen in four years...

How annoying is it, to see your name placed at #46 in ATP rankings?

Yes, a bit. I mean, a lot (laughing). I know that this ranking doesn't represent me. This year was aweful. Not only on-court, but also off-court. That's the way it is. Not always everything is perfect. I'll come back!

Do you feel strong enough to come back?

Yes, I'm strong. I did not get bored of playing tennis. Simply, nothing worked for me this year. Problems began in Australia, then I stopped my collaboration with Yiannos (Hatjigeorgiou), I went to Miami, got injured in the Davis Cup tie, started Roland Garros, was fine. After that, I won three matches, then i was defeated in the fourth round at Wimbledon. I beg for mercy!! Right now, my career makes me feel... down. That's why I can't answer how long it will take me to come back. I feel strong, but I will take my time. I didn't play any tennis this year! It's like starting again from zero.

How bad is that?

I am not frustrated about my low ranking. I am not afraid of a new start. This is an achievable goal. I'm actually feeling very confident. What annoyed me most was that I missed the Olympics because of my injury.

Who were the people that were beside you all this time?

My parents, as always. My physical trainer Sebastien Durand has helped me a lot. No-one else was beside me, it's understandable. They have their own problems.

Many people were disappointed, much more people are interested in you and are concerned about you. Do you want to say something to them?

I thank them very much for their concern. I know that many people ask about me. I sincerely thank them. It's very important for an athlete to know that there are people who believe in them.

After your withdrawal from Olympics, has anyone from Cyprus tried to contact you, to ask you how things are going?

No, no-one has called me. I don't want to speak about it. It doesn't matter...

Are you sad?

Not sad. Simply, during the last two years I understood so many things. How people think, the way of this world, the way of life...

Are you referring to all that mess at Davis Cup?

Not only that. I don't want to speak about it. It's not the right time.

Have you heard what happened at our athletes in Beijing?

I've heard a few things, mainly about Kyriakos. I don't know what happened exactly, that's why I don't want to speak about it. All I know is that we are left behind in so many things. Far behind...

As a more experienced athlete, would you like to say something to our athletes?

Yes, I would. They can't expect anything from anyone. Nothing from no-one. If they expected, they would receive nothing in return. They must train hard. And the hard work pays off. That if we're speaking about Cyprus. I say this because I know how people work abroad, in France, in Switzerland, in Germany, how they care for their athletes. There is absolutely no comparison.

What do you mean by that?

Simple words. The right people, in the right places. They don't know how to achieve this in Cyprus. They don't know what to do with our athletes. The last three years, I'm where I'm and I don't...

You don't, what?

In April 2007, I sat at the same table with Titos Christofidis to discuss how they can help me financially. At the same table were Philios Christodoulou and Yiannos Hatjigeorgiou. We discussed how they would have helped me financially for the Olympics. It was then, when I started my collaboration with Yiannos. They told me that I had to send a formal letter describing exactly what I wanted in order to be properly prepared for Beijing and after that they would have taken their decisions. I told them that I didn't want any money, but if they wished to help me I would be happy about it. I sent the letter and still I don't have any answer! I'm waiting for their answer until today!

How is your collaboration with Lundgren?

All right, I didn't play many matches, but we work well together. The last two weeks we're together all the time, we work, we speak a lot. It was hard for him, too. I like him much. We're mainly working on tennis tactics. I don't have to change my game. Well, we're working on my serve. But, not many changes in my game are needed.

As far as I know, you mainly expect psychological support from your coach...

That's true. He's good in this. He's an experienced coach, he can give the right advice, at the right moment. I trust him.

Any comments on the ranking exchange between Nadal and Federer?

Nadal was better than Federer this year. I don't believe that Federer has gotten worse. It's Nadal that has improved.

That sort of things can happen in the best of families!

I wish I had Federer's bad year. He's a man, he's not a machine. He reached the semis at Australian Open, the final at Roland Garros, the final at Wimbledon. I wish I had his year!

How things are going with women?

Fine (laughing). I'm with Mandy Minella. Everything is fine.

Has anything good happened to you this year?

Yes, I didn't play tennis, but I had a very good year in football (laughing).

Have you watched Anorthosis?

Yes, I watched their match against Olympiakos. Congrats to them. Congrats to Mr.Ketsbaia. He's a prof!

Apollon hasn't started well though...

Yes. That's the way football is. Tell them if they need an assistant coach, I'm coming! As I don't play tennis anymore (laughing)!

Journalist: Andri Christou
Article code: 818277
POLITIS - September 7, 2008 - Page:8

==========================================

"... In April 2007, I sat at the same table with Titos Christofidis to discuss how they can help me financially. At the same table were Philios Christodoulou and Yiannos Hatjigeorgiou. We discussed how they would have helped me financially for the Olympics. It was then, when I started my collaboration with Yiannos. They told me that I had to send a formal letter describing exactly what I wanted in order to be properly prepared for Beijing and after that they would have taken their decisions. I told them that I didn't want any money, but if they wished to help me I would be happy about it. I sent the letter and still I don't have any answer! I'm waiting for their answer until today!... "

It's so very embarrassing On the other hand, it was not the first time that Yiannos failed in his role as Marcos' "spiritual father". Anyway, I was very happy when the collaboration between Marcos and Yiannos ended last February.

Last edited by Getta : 02-03-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #137
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview, but I must disagree with you. Yiannos has done a lot for Marcos and Cyprus, but coaching Marcos was a big job for him and it might've been too much. He has been the Cypriot Davis Cup Coach for many years now. I'm sure that Yiannos was really busy and still is really busy. He can't do everything

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 AM   #138
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Thanks for the interview, but I must disagree with you. Yiannos has done a lot for Marcos and Cyprus, but coaching Marcos was a big job for him and it might've been too much. He has been the Cypriot Davis Cup Coach for many years now. I'm sure that Yiannos was really busy and still is really busy. He can't do everything
You've missed my point completely. I've never questioned Yiannos' hectic schedule.

Perhaps it's my fault as I wasn't specific enough... Anyway, I promise you I will reveal details about this case in the future.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #139
country flag Getta

http://www.satennisopen.co.za/news-baghdatis.html

Baghdatis visits apartheid museum

Wednesday 4th February 2009

“To be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others” – Nelson Mandela

Those were the words that greeted Marcos Baghdatis when he arrived at the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg Tuesday to gain a greater understanding of the history of South Africa’s apartheid era and of the legacy created by Nelson Mandela.

Apartheid was a policy initiated by the white elected National Party government in 1948, which turned 20 million people into second class citizens, damning them to a life of servitude, humiliation and abuse through segregation.

Before the tour of the museum, Baghdatis had a first-hand experience of how it would have felt living in apartheid South Africa. Baghdatis, his coach Oliver Sounes and agent Jean-Phillipe Bernard were all labelled as either white or non-white prior to entering the museum and forced to enter through separate doorways.

“It’s weird you know, knowing that they separated people for everything. They had different toilets, black people had toilets, white people had other toilets, but it was not only that, it was everything, beaches, houses, taxi queues, entrances, bus stops and mainly the black people suffered a lot and that’s sad to hear.”

Moving through the museum, Baghdatis was clearly moved by the overwhelming experience. “It’s sad to hear that people suffered, and I also watched some videos which showed how they were treated and it wasn’t really nice, it hurt a lot to see that and all I can really say is for them to forgive, forgive them for what happened and move on, to have peace, love and every body together. It’s like Mandela says “One Nation One Country’‘, in the end we are all the same” said the Cypriot.

The SA Tennis Open No.8 seed was taken through a visual and physical explanation of the life of Nelson Mandala, one of the most influential and inspirational men in history. Mandela was incarcerated in 1964 for alleged crimes of sabotage against the country, a crime he never committed but saw him remain in prison until 1990. Four years later, Mandela was voted in as the first democratically elected president of the Republic of South Africa.

“I can understand now why he is a hero to so many people. The guy is an amazing person and whatever he wanted to and whatever he wanted to help those people he did it even if it meant death for him. He spent 30 years of his life in prison and he suffered a lot to maintain what he maintains today, and I have a lot of respect for him. I can understand now why people see him as a hero,” Baghdatis remarked.

During the tour Baghdatis was also asked to take the walk of freedom, an experience that saw him choose a series of coloured sticks which represent various characteristics of Nelson Mandela’s life. Baghdatis choosing red for loyalty, white for courage and green for forgiveness, all colours of the flag and symbolic of the rainbow nation that is South Africa.

Reflecting on his choice of sticks Baghdatis said “I chose loyalty because it’s always important to have loyalty to everything in life, courage I chose because showing courage is when you get the best out of you, and forgiveness because we have to forgive people that made mistakes and give them a second chance to make everything right for all the people that live this life and to leave a legacy that will not allow people to suffer like other people have”.

The tour finished with Baghdatis signing the museum’s visitor book, the same book which Mandela signed when the museum opened in 2001.

“It was great, you know, it’s something that we don’t get to do so often and you know it was great learning about one country’s history and about how people suffered so much, it’s a bit shocking when you’re in there and watching that, but it’s also nice to see because it is a small wakeup call and it does wake you up, you see life a bit differently and people a bit differently and it’s a great experience,” concluded Baghdatis.

Last edited by Getta : 02-04-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #140
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos Baghdatis climbing back after falling off tennis map

Charismatic Cypriot let success go to his head, vows to ascend again

By Harvey Fialkov | South Florida Sun-Sentinel

February 22, 2009

DELRAY BEACH - He kisses nets after a friendly let cord and flashes more teeth than Carly Simon. But his opponents know that in between those smiles, Marcos Baghdatis will unleash some of the deadliest ground strokes on the ATP Tour.

But where has the charismatic Cypriot been? And will Baghdatis ever realize the potential he displayed during his 2006 breakthrough when he reached No. 8 in the world after making it to the final in Australia and the semifinals at Wimbledon?

South Florida tennis fans will be able to judge for themselves this week as Baghdatis headlines the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships.

"I made some mistakes," Baghdatis admitted from his hotel room in Memphis last week, where he reached the second round of the Regions Morgan Keegan tournament before losing to Sam Querrey. "I stopped working that hard. I think that's why I went a bit down. When you're young you don't know anything, and I think I've learned my lesson."

Baghdatis, the top-ranked junior in 2003, emerged three years later in Melbourne, where he beat three top-10 players en route to the final before losing to a then-dominant Roger Federer. He followed that with a trip to the semifinals at Wimbledon, beating two-time major champion Lleyton Hewitt in his draw before losing to a blossoming Rafael Nadal.

Finishing that year at No. 12 and 16 in 2007, Baghdatis, 23, has since plummeted to 106 following an injury-plagued 2008 in which he missed several months with ankle and back ailments. He calls it "bad luck," but even Baghdatis admits his precipitous drop was also due to his disdain for off-court conditioning.

"I think Marcos is an incredibly talented guy," said tennis coach Brad Gilbert. "If he stays injury free and dedicates himself to the off-court physical part of the game, he has the potential to be a top-10 player again and be a factor in Slams."

Baghdatis, who left his family and idyllic childhood behind to train in Paris when he was 14, is the first to admit that he had trouble dealing with the fame when he returned home in the summer of '06.

"Maybe like a rock star," Baghdatis said of the treatment he received. "That's the way it is with me in my country. We're a bit small, so for them it was amazing.

"I think that was a big mistake, too. It was too much, the whole thing after Australia and Wimbledon. I didn't have my feet on the ground. I think now, I'm getting back my feet on the ground. I'm working hard and I think that one day I will be back."

To that end he hired a new coach, Frenchman Olivier Soules, and two physiotherapists, who helped shave five pounds off his stocky 6-foot frame last December. It paid off instantly in Australia, where Baghdatis marched to the round of 16 before losing a baseline war to Novak Djokovic.

For now, Baghdatis is just happy to be playing without pain and hoping to crack the top 5 while wining a major over the next 3-4 years.

"I'll try not to do the same mistakes again," said Baghdatis, who is 12-17 vs. top-10 players. "I have a second chance for sure because I have the talent and I have the tennis. I think I can win a Grand Slam. There is no one I can't beat, although with Rafa and Federer, it won't be easy."

Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/o...,7064440.story
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #141
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos Baghdatis will play the Athens Challenger in April
Source:
http://tennisnews.gr/index.php?optio...-28&Itemid=116

Sorry that it's in Greek, but I'm sure you can see that Marcos will participate just by looking at the photo

Old 02-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #142
country flag Baghdatis#1

Marcos got a MD WC for Miami
Link:
http://twitter.com/tennisnews_gr/statuses/1253679852

Sorry it's in Greek

Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #143
country flag Baghdatis#1

http://www.tennisnews.gr/index.php?v...ent&Itemid=116

Old 03-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #144
country flag Baghdatis#1

An interview: (sorry it's in Greek)
*I'll summarize it for you guys

Ο Μάρκος Παγδατής, με αφορμή την έλευσή του στην Κύπρο για τους αγώνες του Ντέιβις Καπ με την Πορτογαλία, έδωσε μια πολύ όμορφη συνέντευξη στην Άντρη Χρίστου και στο "ΓΗΠΕΔΟ". Απάντησε, όπως πάντα, με προθυμία μερικές ερωτήσεις γύρω από την Εθνική ομάδα, αλλά και τη δική του 9χρονη παρουσία σε αυτήν.

Ένα από τα πέντε όνειρα του Μάρκου Παγδατή είναι η Κύπρος να φτάσει στην Α’ Κατηγορία του Ντέιβις Καπ. Μετά από 9 χρόνια στην Εθνική πιστεύεις ότι έχουμε τις δυνατότητες να πετύχουμε αυτό το στόχο;

Να μην λέμε ψέματα. Πιστεύω ότι αυτή τη στιγμή δεν τις έχουμε. Για να φτάσουμε στην Α’ Κατηγορία πρέπει να έχουμε δύο – τρεις πολύ καλούς παίκτες. Αυτή τη στιγμή, δεν τους έχουμε. Πιστεύω ότι η Ομοσπονδία και ο προπονητής Γιάννος Χατζηγεωργίου κάνουν πολύ καλή δουλειά. Υπάρχουν πολλά παιδιά που παίζουν τένις και με σωστή δουλειά μπορούν δουλευτούν και να πετύχουν, όχι μόνο όσα πέτυχα εγώ, αλλά και ακόμα περισσότερα.

Στις 19 Ιανουαρίου συμπληρώθηκαν 9 χρόνια από τότε που πρωτόπαιξες στην Εθνική μας ομάδα. Τι σημαίνει αυτό για σένα;

Το λέω πάντα και το τονίζω. Η χώρα μου σημαίνει πάρα πολλά για μένα. Παίζω για την Εθνική επειδή την αγαπώ, γι’ αυτό και «θυσιάζω» κάποιες εβδομάδες της χρονιάς. Δεν είναι εύκολο για μένα, όμως είμαι εδώ επειδή θέλω να είμαι.

Τα «διαλείμματα» αυτά που κάνεις για την Εθνική μας, πόσο επηρεάζουν το ρυθμό που ακολουθείς στην καριέρα σου;

Τον επηρεάζουν λίγο. Για παράδειγμα, ο Φέντερερ εδώ και πάρα πολλά χρόνια δεν πάει να παίξει Ντέιβις Καπ. Όχι επειδή δεν μπορεί, αλλά επειδή αυτό επηρεάζει το πρόγραμμά του. Σκέφτεται διαφορετικά, έχει άλλα όνειρα, άλλους στόχους. Εμένα μέσα στους στόχους μου είναι και η Εθνική μας, γι’ αυτό είμαι εδώ. Επίσης, είναι και ο κόσμος. Το είπα ξανά. Στην Κύπρο δεν έχασα ποτέ κανένα σετ και αυτό οφείλεται στον κόσμο. Μπορεί να παίζω καλά, όμως έχω το μεγάλο πλεονέκτημα να έχω τον κόσμο στο πλευρό μου, να με στηρίζει, να με δυναμώνει και να μου δίνει πολλή ενέργεια.

Ο απολογισμός των πρώτων δύο μηνών της χρονιάς είναι 8 νίκες και 6 ήττες, προερχόμενες από ένα Γκραν Σλαμ και 5 πρωταθλήματα. Στόχευες περισσότερα ή λόγω της μακρόχρονης απουσίας σου θεωρείς ότι είναι ικανοποιητικός ο απολογισμός;

Ο στόχος φέτος ήταν να παίξω στην αρχή της χρονιάς όσα περισσότερα παιχνίδια γίνεται, χωρίς να τραυματιστώ. Δυστυχώς άρχισα τη χρονιά με τραυματισμό στο πόδι. Είμαι ευχαριστημένος γιατί έπαιξα στον τέταρτο γύρο του Αυστραλιανού Όπεν, επειδή εκεί μπόρεσα να αποκτήσω αυτοπεποίθηση. Έκανα ένα καλό παιχνίδι απέναντι στον Τζόκοβιτς, στο οποίο συνειδητοποίησα ότι το τένις μου είναι… εκεί και με αυτοπεποίθηση θα μπορέσω να επανέλθω και να διεκδικήσω τους στόχους μου, που είναι να επιστρέψω αρχικά στους καλύτερους 20 και έπειτα στους 10.

Την αυτοπεποίθηση που «κέρδισες» στην Αυστραλία, την «έχασες» στην Αμερική;

Ναι, επειδή στην Αμερική δεν ήμουνα seeded, κάτι που θα με βοηθούσε να έχω καλά draw, λίγη τύχη με τα ταμπλό. Έπαιξα δύο φορές με τον Σαμ Κέρι ο οποίος είναι πολύ καλός στα κλειστά. Μπορώ να πω ότι είναι ένας από τους 20 καλύτερους παίκτες. Δεν πήγα καλά. Εντάξει, στην Αμερική δεν έκανα τα καλύτερά μου πρωταθλήματα, αλλά είμαι ευχαριστημένος για τους πέντε αγώνες που έδωσα εκεί. Σε κάθε αγώνα είχα τις ευκαιρίες να κερδίσω. Θέλω λίγη αυτοπεποίθηση ακόμα για να περάσω στο επόμενο επίπεδο.

Ένας φίλος μου και δικός σου φανατικός θαυμαστής μου είπε να σε ρωτήσω να μας πεις τι φταίει όταν ενώ προηγείσαι με αρκετούς πόντους, χάνεις την αυτοσυγκέντρωσή σου και συχνά χάνεις γκέιμς ή τάι – μπρέικ.

Αν ήξερα τι φταίει, θα το διόρθωνα...! (χαμογελά)

Θα πρέπει να το βρεις...

Ναι, πρέπει να το βρω. Δοκιμάζω, παλεύω κάθε μέρα στις προπονήσεις, νιώθω πολύ καλά με τον εαυτό μου. Όμως χρειάζεται ακόμα χρόνος. Το είπα πολλές φορές. Φέτος κάνω μια νέα αρχή. Είμαι στους 100 και δεν έχω τα ταμπλό που είχα όταν ήμουν στους 20. Πρέπει σιγά – σιγά να πιστέψω στον εαυτό μου και να ξαναβρώ το ρυθμό που είχα παλιά και που με έφερε να τελειώνω στους καλύτερους 20 για δύο συνεχόμενες χρονιές.

Δουλεύεις πλέον με νέο προπονητή, σε άλλη ακαδημία. Πόσο σε βοήθησαν αυτές οι αλλαγές;

Όλα καλά. Και με τον προπονητή και με την ακαδημία. Ήταν μια αλλαγή που μου έκανε καλό. Θα συνεχίσω να δουλεύω σκληρά και να παλεύω, για να καταφέρω να επιστέψω στους 10 καλύτερους, που είναι ο μεγάλος μου στόχος.

Το άμεσο αγωνιστικό σου πρόγραμμα;

Θα πάω Μαϊάμι αμέσως μετά. Ακολούθως δεν ξέρω ακόμα, επειδή ζήτησα λευκή κάρτα από κάποια πρωταθλήματα, όμως δεν πήρα ακόμα απαντήσεις...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #145
country flag Baghdatis#1

Basically, Marcos is talking about his Davis Cup goals. The goal is EA G1, and he doesn't think that they are ready yet, but many Cypriot kids are picking up racquets now and doing the right thing. Yiannos Hadjigeorgiou is doing a great job with the federation.
He talks about how in 2009, he has not yet achieved his goal, and he has been unlucky with a few draws, but he thinks that he will still be able to achieve it this year. He wants to be in the top20, and then the top 10.
He likes his new coach and academy. His upcoming schedule is Miami, but then he doesn't know yet. He said he would be in Athens after Miami, and I think that this interview was old though, so he is most likely going to Athens

Old 03-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #146
country flag Baghdatis#1

Markos Baghdatis in Status Athens Open 2009

Markos Baghdatis joins his first professional tournament in Athens! The organizers of the event (Liberis Publications) announced today that the Cypriot champion has accepted their invitation and he will take part in the international ATP tournament of $125.000, Status Athens Open 2009. The first matches of the tournament will start on the 6th of April and the finals in both singles and doubles will take place on the 12th of April. Like last year, the tournament will be hosted in the historic Athens Lawn Tennis Club near the Temple of Olympic Zeus.

*Taken from official website of the Athens tournament.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #147
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond repute

I will certainly keep an eye on Greek tv in order to record some of those matches The crowd will go nuts
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:53 AM   #148
country flag Baghdatis#1

Miami Interview:
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en...atis032509.pdf

Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #149
country flag Baghdatis#1

Article:
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/1/en...ticle_2792.asp

Old 04-28-2009, 05:17 AM   #150
country flag Baghdatis#1

Παγδατής: Είμαι ενθουσιασμένος που θα επιστρέψω στο Tour

Προτού ταξιδέψει για την Ostrava ο Μάρκος Παγδατής έδωσε μία τηλεφωνική συνέντευξη η οποία δημοσιεύτηκε στο προσωπικό του site (www.baghdatis.com) για να ενημερώσει τους οπαδούς του για την μέχρι τώρα πρόοδο του αυτή την σεζόν και για τις ελπίδες του για τις ερχόμενες εβδομάδες. «Η κατάταξη μου είναι ακόμη χαμηλή (τώρα στον Αρ. 95 στις Κατατάξεις South African 2009 ATP Rankings), έτσι δεν μπορώ να πω ότι είμαι ευχαριστημένος με αυτό,» ομολόγησε ο Μάρκος. «Όμως έχω παίξει μερικά καλά παιγνίδια στην αρχή της σαιζόν και είμαι σίγουρος ότι μπορώ να επιστρέψω σύντομα στους Top 10.

«Γυμνάζομαι σκληρά για να παραμείνω σε φόρμα και να αποφύγω τους τραυματισμούς που είχα πέρσι. Το κυριώτερο είναι ότι είμαι και πάλι ευτυχής και αισθάνομαι καλά στο γήπεδο. Είμαι ενθουσιασμένος που θα επιστρέψω στο Tour. Πέρσι έμεινα χωρίς προπόνηση για τέσσερεις μήνες και είναι δύσκολο να επανέλθεις μετά από αυτό. Είμαι όμως ευτυχής που γύρισα πάλι στα γήπεδα και αγωνίζομαι.»

Eνώ το πρόγραμμα του Μάρκου δεν έχει ακόμη επιβεβαιωθεί μετά τη συνάντηση της ερχόμενης εβδομάδας, προσβλέπει στην πρόκληση που προσφέρει το σκληρό γήπεδο. «Είναι πάντοτε δύσκολο στο σκληρό γήπεδο. Ο κυριώτερος στόχος αυτού του χρόνου είναι βέβαια να παίξω στο Roland Garros. Μετά γίνεται πιο εύκολο πάνω σε γρασίδι! Αισθάνεσαι τόσο άσχημα στο σκληρό γήπεδο αλλά όλα μετά γίνονται ευκολώτερα» αστιεύτηκε ο Μάρκος. «Περιμένω με ανυπομονησία να αγωνιστώ και να βρώ ένα τρόπο να κερδίσω.»

Μετά την ήττα του από τον Paul-Henri Mathieu στον δεύτερο γύρο του Sony Ericsson Open στο Miami το τέλος του Μάρτη, ο Μάρκος γυμναζόταν με τον ξακουστό γυμναστή Gil Reyes στο Las Vegas. Ο Reyes έχει ευρύτατα πιστωθεί για την τροπή της καριέρας του Fernando Verdasco αυτή τη σεζόν και είχε συντελέσει στην εκπληκτική καριέρα του Andre Agassi. «Ήταν πολύ καλά στο Las Vegas» είπε με ενθουσιασμό ο Μάρκος. «Γυμνάστηκα για δυνάμωση του σώματος, ιδιαίτερα σε περιοχές του σώματος μου όπου είχαμ τραυματισμούς πέρσι. Γυμνάστηκα πολύ και τώρα νοιώθω καλά και αισθάνομαι αυτοπεποίθηση. Θα ήθελα να ξαναπάω στο μέλλον, αν είναι δυνατόν. Θα δούμε. Αισθάνομαι σε πολυ καλή φόρμα και είμαι πολύ χαρούμενος που γυρίζω ξανά στο Tour. Περιμένω με ανυπομονησία να γυρίσω και να κερδίσω αγώνες και πάλι σύντομα.»

-from tennisnews.gr