Articles, News, Quotes ... - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #211
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News, Quotes ...

Sorry, that it took so long, but here is finally the translation of Jonas 2nd blog on "Alltombarn!" I think he just wrote it one day before Bianca was born

How long should I wait for the baby???

I understand that it can be tough for a pregnant woman who is over the time. Especially for those who have problems with the back, cannot sleep well anymore, have problems with their throat which all makes life less funny and which makes them feel fed up with waiting for the little miracle inside them and hoping it should come out soon.

But now I also have to tell what I, as an expecting father, feels for every day which goes. It is really also very, very tough for us expecting fathers!

How long do I have to wait for the little baby? We have already waited these 9 months. We have got a date for the birth - doesn´t this mean that she or he should be ready that day??

It is like preparing hardly for a Grand Slam tournament and if you finally get there, you get to know that the whole tournament is postponed. And that not even anyone can say which date it will start. What an anticlimax...

When we were expecting our first child the calculated date of birth was the 31 dec. This is really not the nicest date to have birthday on (if you think that you get your drivers licence and drink alcohol officially latest of all your friends which are born in the same year). Therefore I animated Petra to wait as long as possible to get in to the new year instead.

But she waited so long that it took a little too long. 15 days over the expected date. Yes, you heard right. 15 whole, long days. Exactly, NOT funny!

For me at least. It didn´t seem to bother Petra, despite 30 extra kilo and lots of water everywhere in the body. No, she really enjoyed being pregnant (some things are just difficult to understand for a man...)

I want that the baby will be born now!

When Max was born, of course Petra had some pain problems before. We were breathing togehter. I took her hand and gave her energy, but suddenly the pain was gone and she didn´t feel at all that is was time.

But hello, I am a match person! It is like getting on the court, to warm up, and leave the court again for it´s starting to rain. Sit down and wait and wait in the players lounge, to wait to go out on court again. To hear that your name is announced, to concentrate mentally, to make yourself ready, go on court again, to warm up again and then these bad raindrops come again and it has to be cancelled again. Yes, you hear yourself. Veryyyyy frustrating...

In the end he came, our little Max, and now afterwards these 15 days went quite fast anyway and of course he was worth all waiting.

It is very seldom that a woman who is not giving birth for the first time goes over the time, everyone says, so this time I have been very sure. This time we won´t have to wait. Maybe the little baby will even come some days earlier.

But I have to state we are over time- again! How could this happen? We are now 5 days over time (yes,maybe it doesn´t sound that much, but trust me- it is an eternity!). I want to meet our little babygirl, who with certainty keeps herself inside the stomach. I don´t want to wait any longer, but want to hold her and kiss her!

But, she wants something different and you can only accept it. It is like a rainy day in Wimbledon, on which finally all the matches of the day will be cancelled. We have to drive home and enjoy another day in front of the tv instead. But tomorrow is a new day. With a new schedule. But I cannot wait any longer...

Jonas Björkman

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #212
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

That was so cute! Thanks for posting it!

From South Africa:
Quote:
South Africa: Swedish Stars Flying in for SA Open Shaken Up By Freak Storm

A slow news day at Selborne Park livened up dramatically when a freak storm tore into the tennis centre just after lunch yesterday.

The SAA South African Open tennis championship was almost literally uprooted as torrential rain, driven by gale force winds, slammed into the tennis centre almost without warning, flooding the players' lounge and the media centre.

Water poured through electrical fittings supplying power to computers, printers and other equipment.

Marquees put up for entertainment purposes were blown down, and branding and banners were torn to pieces. Debris was left on the courts. Passengers in an aircraft bringing third and fourth seeded Swedes Thomas Johansson and Jonas Bjorkman to East London were trapped in the plane after landing, while the storm raged.

East London locals, appointed to a tournament task force to deal with exactly this kind of emergency, worked furiously to remove water lying centimetres deep in several of the carpeted work and reception rooms.

The arrival of Bjorkman and Johansson at the courts was further delayed by a traffic jam between the airport and the city centre.

"We occasionally have storms and lightning, but never like this," said one of the tournament officials. "Normally it is just steady rain, typical of the coast. This was very unusual."

The storm gave Bjorkman and Johansson the kind of welcome they would have liked least, but neither was too shaken up on arrival at the courts for their campaign in the SAA South African Open tennis championships, which started yesterday.

Bjorkman laughed as he remembered the pilot saying "we could have ended up in Port Elizabeth, folks," but Johansson was not quite as amused.

"As we were landing it was quite light but as the storm broke, it went completely black," he said. "I have never experienced that before."

Bjorkman and Johansson were the heroes of the Davis Cup tie against Israel at the weekend, Bjorkman winning the final reverse singles to give his country a 3-2 win and Johansson winning both his singles.

The intensity of the weekend left a strong impression on both.

"The spectators really try to get into your head but we were very proud of the way we managed to stay focused," Bjorkman said.

"I think the experience will help us. Our confidence is high, our games are sharp and we are feeling quite good," he said.

Johansson was very enthusiastic about the quality of the field playing in East London.

"Considering the size of the event (a 90-point R875000 ATP Challenger) they have an excellent field here," he said.

"You have five players in the top 100, one of them (Ivan Ljubicic) in the top 10. Stefan Koubek is ranked 55. I think it is going to be a wonderful tournament," he said.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #213
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Birte I love this article

Thanks for the other one Kristen

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #214
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Für alle deutschsprachigen Jonas-Fans (und vielleicht hat ja jemand von Euch Zeit und Lust für eine Übersetzung ):

"Djokovic muss an sich arbeiten"

Am 23. März feiert Jonas Björkman seinen 36. Geburtstag, doch noch ist der schwedische Doppel-Spezialist kein bisschen müde und findet sogar noch Zeit der 20-jährigen Nummer drei der Welt, Novak Djokovic, Tipps zu geben.
Am vergangenen Wochenende fixierte der 35-Jährige Spaßvogel den Viertelfinal-Aufstieg des schwedischen Daviscup-Teams. Der neunfache Grand-Slam-Sieger im Doppel holte gegen Israel den entscheidenden Punkt zum 3:2-Erfolg und war einmal mehr im Mittelpunkt der schwedischen Medien.

2001 fieberte Björkman in Wimbledon mit Wikinger-Hut und Zigarre auch als Zuseher mit.

Björkman bleibt Nummer eins

Diese Erfolge dürften Björkman nun zu Kopf gestiegen sein, als er vor kurzem verlautbarte: "Ich möchte nicht überheblich klingen, aber ich würde Novak [Djokovic, Anm.] noch immer Prinz nennen. Er macht seine Sache ganz gut, jedoch muss er weiter an seinen Schlägen arbeiten."

Mit einem breiten Grinser sagte der 35-Jährige weiter: "Novak ist ein netter Kerl mit einem guten Sinn für Humor und wenn er sich weiterentwickelt, trete ich gern bei Seite und überlasse ihm den Thron des Königs." Das war die Antwort des schwedischen Tennis-Clowns auf die Frage, ob Novak Djokovic der bessere Imitator sei.

Nicht nur im Doppel spitze

Seit 1991 ist der zweifache Familienvater auf der ATP-Tour unterwegs und erspielte über die Jahre hinweg etwas mehr als 14 Millionen Dollar Preisgeld. Im Doppel hat der schwedische Oldie alles erreicht, was es zu erreichen gibt. Björkman feierte an der Seite von Max Mirnyi, Fabrice Santoro, Mahesh Bhupathi, Radek Stepanek, Todd Woodbridge, Leander Paes, Sebastien Lareau, Nicklas Kulti, Rick Leach, Brett Steven, Tommy Ho, Jan Apell, Jakob Hlasek, Patrick Rafter, Lars-Andres Wahlgren und Jon Ireland 51 Titel auf der Tour und war die Nummer eins des Doppel-Rankings (zuletzt 2001).

Der Schwede "genoss" die 0:3-Satz-Niederlage gegen Roger Federer.

Doch nicht nur im Doppel sondern auch im Einzel hatte der extrovertierte und humorvolle Skandinavier seine Erfolge. 1997 war das Jahr des Jonas Björkman: Neben drei Turniersiegen erreichte der damals 25-Jährige das Halbfinale der US Open. In der gleichen Saison spülte es Björkman bis auf Rang vier der Weltrangliste vor. In den Jahren davor und danach schaffte es der Schwede jedoch nicht in die Top-20 des Einzel-Rankings.

Zuschauer bei Federer-Show

Wie aus dem Nichts erlebte Björkman 2006 seinen zweiten Frühling, als er sensationellerweise bis ins Semifinale von Wimbledon vordrang. Dort wurde er schließlich von der Nummer eins der Welt, Roger Federer, in der Luft zerrissen und mit 2:6, 0:6 und 2:6 vom Rasen geschickt. "Ich sollte vielleicht nicht sagen, dass ich es damals genossen habe, dass er mich so bösartig zerlegt hat", erklärt der 35-Jährige mit einem Schmunzeln im Gesicht und fügt hinzu, "Ich hatte damals das Gefühl, den besten Platz in dem Stadion zu haben, um den besten Spieler dieser Welt bei einer seiner Gala-Vorstellungen zuzusehen."

Am Freitag (15.2.) erfahren Sie im zweiten Teil des Björkman-Specials, warum James Blake und Björkman wohl nicht mehr beste Freunde werden und was die Ex-Freundin des US-Amerikaners damit zu tun hat. Außerdem erwarten Sie Infos zum Familienvater und Magazin-Herausgeber Jonas Björkman.

http://www.sportnet.at/channel.aspx?...a-400cdb277b19
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #215
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

Danke
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #216
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

SOURCE
Quote:
The only damage of any significance done to the SAA South African Open tennis championship field yesterday was by unheralded 24-year-old Frenchman Augustin Gensse.

He beat fourth-seeded Swede Jonas Bjorkman -- 11 years his senior -- 6-3 7-5 on centre court at Selborne Park on a hot, blustery day.

In a match that lasted only one hour and 45 minutes, Gensse sailed through the first set against his experienced opponent, who struggled to get going. Bjorkman, despite losing, was happy to spend time talking about the match.

"I'm afraid my body did not feel good today," he said.

"My legs felt very heavy and that led to my timing being out. It is possible that our strenuous Davis Cup weekend had something to do with it.

"At this stage of my life, the body does not recover as quickly as it used to," he said.

No such troubles for Gensse, however. His main problems were with nerves and a lack of experience.

"This is my biggest win so far, and at 4-1 in the second set I started feeling very nervous. As we crossed over I told my coach I was feeling very tight and he said I should just try to focus," Gensse said. [coaching! lol]

Gensse's nerves almost got the better of him as Bjorkman fought back from 1-4 down to 5-5 in the second set. But the young Frenchman summoned up a huge effort to serve a flawless 10th game and draw ahead 6-5. Then it was the older, more experienced Bjorkman's turn to feel the pressure and he succumbed, serving three double-faults in the last game to give Gensse the set 7-5. []

Gensse, ranked 249 in the world, said when it came down to the final few games, he was keeping his nerve by trying to recall how he won the first set.

"At that time it was quite easy because the pressure was not there. So I just tried to visualise that."
Bugger.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:38 AM   #217
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Freitag, 15. Februar 2008 von: Fabio Tiani
"Es war Blakes Ex-Freundin"

Der schwedische Doppel-Spezialist Jonas Björkman ist nicht nur Tennis-Profi, sondern auch zweifacher Familienvater und Herausgeber eines Tennis-Magazins. Dass es nicht immer leicht ist, all diese Aufgaben unter einen Hut zu bringen, zeigt eine Auseinandersetzung mit dem US-Amerikaner James Blake.

Jonas Björkman zählt nicht mehr zu den Jüngsten auf der ATP Tour, doch nach 17 Jahren Profi-Tennis (alles Infos zu der langen Karriere des Schweden in Teil I des Björkman-Specials) denkt der 35-jährige Schwede noch lange nicht an ein Karriereende. Zum Jahreswechsel trennte sich der 35-jährige Schwede von seinem langjährigen Doppel-Partner Max Mirnyi, um noch einmal voll durchzustarten.

[© GEPA pictures]
Start zu einer Formel-1-Karriere? Björkman mit Markus Larsson, Fredrik Johnsson und Thomas Johansson in der Red-Bull-Box.

Alt aber nicht müde

An der Seite von Kevin Ullyett aus Simbabwe visiert Björkman seinen zehnten Grand-Slam-Titel im Doppel an. Der Schwede, der 2006 (Wimbledon Semifinale) und 2007 (vierte Runde in Rolland Garros und Wimbledon) für persönliche Bestleistungen im Einzel sorgte, erlebt momentan seinen x-ten Frühling, genau aus diesem Grund rät der 35-Jährige seinen gleichaltrigen Kollegen: "Meine Leistungen zeigen den alten Jungs da draußen, dass es nie zu spät ist. Nur weil man die magische Zahl 30 überquert, heißt das nicht, dass man nicht noch etwas erreichen kann."

Neben seiner Tennis-Karriere hat sich Jonas Björkman gemeinsam mit anderen schwedischen Tennis-Größen wie Mats Wilander oder Catarina Lindqvist ein zweites Standbein als Herausgeber eines nationalen Tennis-Magazins aufgebaut. "Diese Arbeit ist überaus interessant und ich erlebe viel Neues." Neu war auch, dass es sich der beliebte Doppel-Spezialist mit dem US-Amerikaner James Blake verscherzte.

[© jonasbjorkman.com]
Petra und Jonas sind seit 2003 verheiratet und haben miteinander zwei Kinder.

Funkstille zwischen Blake und Björkman
"Mein zweites Interview habe ich mit James [Blake, Anm.] geführt und da ist uns gleich ein kleiner Schnitzer passiert. Nachdem er in die Liste der Top 50 Sexiest Men gewählt wurde, habe ich James nach seinem Charme und seinen Beziehungen zu Frauen befragt. Daraufhin haben wir uns im Artikel auf seine Freundin bezogen, aber ein Bild seiner Ex-Freundin verwendet," berichtet Björkman von der unangenehmen Seite des Journalismus.

Beim Daviscup in Göteborg wollte sich der Schwede beim US-Amerikaner entschuldigen, doch dieser witzelte nur: "Dir werde ich nie wieder ein Interview geben." Neben seinen Tätigkeiten als Herausgeber und Tennis-Profi ist Jonas Björkman auch zweifacher Familienvater.

Family-Man
"Ich habe von den vergangenen 58 Grand-Slam-Turnieren lediglich zwei verpasst. Die Australian Open 2003 ließ ich aus, als mein Sohn Max geboren wurde und dieses Jahr war ich erneut in Down Under nicht mit von der Partie, weil meine Tochter Bianca das Licht der Welt erblickte," erklärt ein stolzer zweifacher Papa. Nach seinem Karriereende "in ein bis zwei oder auch mehr Jahren" möchte sich der 35-Jährige noch mehr seiner Familie widmen.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal

Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #218
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas is doing a video blog from Memphis.
Here is the link to todays entry:
http://www.30love.net/#openVideo-YXR...AzOTg2ODU2MTY3

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 03-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #219
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

www.jonasbjorkman.com
Quote:
2008-02-27
Update from Memphis

I won the first match against Paul Capdeville from Chile 6-3, 6-1. I played really well and it feels like I'm on my way back in form. It will be interesting to see what I can do as this week progresses. In doubles we unfortunately lost yesterday against the Ratiwatana twins from Thailand 6-3, 6-7, 9-11. We were in the lead the entire match and had a match point but unfortunately we didn't have any luck on our side. We played solid in our serve games but didn't win the right points in the tiebreak or in the super tiebreak. We felt we were in good form so it was a disappointing loss, but we hope we can improve our game until next week when we play in Las Vegas.

2008-02-17
South Africa - a tournament with mixed results

It was great to come back and play in South Africa again. The results were mixed for me in the tournament. A disappiontment in singles but a great start with a win in doubles with Kevin Ullyett. It was a fun week and I got to see my former coach Gary Muller again and we could work a little to improve my game. The tournament was extremely well organized and we hope that they will get an ATP-tournament next year as they wish.

2008-02-10
Win over Israel in Davis Cup

After the decisive match between me and Harel Levy from Israel, we managed to win and are now qualified for the second round in Davis Cup where we will face an away match against Argentina. Thomas Johansson played really well and was the big team anchor with two single wins. Simon Aspelin and Robert Lindstedt fought bravely in the double match. It feels very good to have won this first round of Davis Cup and great to have gotten a good start of 2008!

Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 AM   #220
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Small article

Quote:
Glad he stayed
Bolstered by his run to the RMKC semifinals -- following strong performances in several Grand Slam events the past two years -- Bjorkman is glad he didn't retire a few years ago when he first broached the subject.

'I've said two or three more years for quite some time,' Bjorkman said. 'Then I started to change and say I'd take it one year at a time. I'm pretty happy that I said that because, otherwise, I wouldn't have achieved my semifinal at Wimbledon (in 2006) and my fourth round at the French Open last year.

'It seems like this year would be good and nice to finish off with. The body is not holding up as good any more.'
Nice comment from Steve Darcis:
"It's great to see players like this play that long and at that level; the way he played this week he could play more years.'' -- Darcis, 23, after beating 35-year-old Bjorkman.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 AM   #221
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Thanks Kristen. Where did you find it?

Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #222
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Small
Nice comment from Steve Darcis:
"It's great to see players like this play that long and at that level; the way he played this week he could play more years.'' -- Darcis, 23, after beating 35-year-old Bjorkman.

Well yeah its a nice quote, but it still doesn't really excuse him beating two swedes in the semi and then the final
Old 11-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #223
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

November 14, 2008

Bjorkman Retires After 17-Year Career
Jonas Bjorkman

© Getty Images

Jonas Bjorkman retired from professional tennis after the popular Swede and his Zimbabwean partner Kevin Ullyett failed to qualify for the Tennis Masters Cup semifinals on Friday. The pair lost to Polish duo Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski 6-2, 1-6, 10-6 in their final Gold Group match.

"We were hoping to maybe get through [to the semifinals]," said Bjorkman. "I still think it's great to end my career in the biggest event of the year. But you can't get everything. I've been mentally prepared for this because I'm mentally very ready to retire.

"I've been very fortunate to be able to play for so long. It started as my hobby, and I've been able to do it for 17 years, which is great. I'm really looking forward for the next step in life."

Bjorkman enjoyed a glittering career in both singles and doubles. On November 3, 1997 he reached a career high of No. 4 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, that same year winning three ATP titles, including the Stockholm title (d. Siemerink) in front of his home crowd, which he cites as one of his greatest memories.

Bjorkman’s career has spanned 17 years and some of his finest moments have come in recent years. At the age of 34, the right-hander reached the 2006 Wimbledon semifinals, where he fell to World No. 1 Roger Federer, who went on to claim his fourth title at the All England Club.

"I think definitely the locker room will be something that [i] will miss because it's very unique," explained the Monte-Carlo resident. "You're all in a way enemies and everyone wants to win, but you can still sit next to each other preparing for a game. I think everyone treats each other with great respect. It's also a lot of fun to be around everyone. To listen to all the trash talk in the locker rooms will be something that I will miss."

In doubles Bjorkman has enjoyed huge success, highlighted by reaching the No. 1 spot in the Stanford ATP Doubles Rankings on July, 9 2001 and capturing nine Grand Slam doubles titles, including three successive titles at Wimbledon (2002-04 w/Woodbridge).

As Sweden's longest serving Davis Cup representative, Bjorkman had the honor of winning the coveted title three times in 1994 against Russia, in 1997 against the USA and in 1998, defeating Italy in the final.

"I think Davis Cup weeks are probably one of the best weeks during the year," said Bjorkman. "The whole camaraderie is something that I definitely will miss. But hopefully I'll come as a spectator to watch and maybe be part of it a little bit.

"I would probably say winning the Davis Cup was something that was huge to be part of. [I was] very proud to be representing my country.

"To win the Stockholm Open, to win at home, is always something that you dream about. You know, winning Wimbledon, the doubles titles with Todd Woodbridge. It's the most prestigious tournament you can play, to be part of. To win that is something that I will remember well."

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/news/20...an_retires.asp

Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #224
on clouds...

Thanks for the article, Peggy

Old 11-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #225
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Interview with Jonas.

http://www.masters-cup.com/4/pdf/int.../bjorkman6.pdf