Articles, News, Quotes ... - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #196
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News, Quotes ...

Here is now the translation from Jonas blog entry Sorry it took me a little bit, but I was quite busy over christmas

"At first he puked on the plane - later he didn´t like the local baby food"

(don´t know if this is the right word to puke. In German it should mean "sich uebergeben")

I was on the plane back home after the last tournament of the year, Masters Cup in Shanghai, when I started to think about my family which soon will have another member, a little girl. The date on which the girl should be born is the 15th january, the same day on which our son Max is born, quite funny...

I still wonder where his "baby year" went? It went so fast. There are a lot of memories from all the years as a travelling tennis family...

It was in 2004, our son was 1 year old. We had just landed in Sydney, coming from Doha, a quite long trip, but everything went quite okay. Max both ate and slept well. But it was also after he puked his milk soup on me, directly after the plane had taken off. I wasn´t directly smelling like roses, but now we were finally there.

At the luggage claim our bags came in one by one and for once they haven´t been the last to come out. Wonderful. We like this. I was really longing after a shower and a change of clothes at that time. Well, now are all bags there. One, two, three, four... four? I check the belt again, all the bags are out. We miss Max travel bed. We thought it can´t be that big problem, they normally have babycots which you can rent at the hotel.

Then we get to the hotel. Unfortunately they had lost one of our room reservations, so instead of getting 2 rooms, we only got one. (We used to have one extra room so I could sleep well before my matches, as the best possible preparation). Okay, I could only hope it would be an okay night.

But. I wake up in the middle of the night because Max is crying loudly. Of course, the poor little guy is "jet-lagged" and doesn´t know where he is. My wife, Petra, takes him out of the bed, tries to make him more quite and lies him down again.
We all fell asleep again, but a short moment later I woke up from a noise again. A disturbing noise.

What on earth is that? Max starts to cry again. The same procedure. Petra takes him out again, he falls asleep again and she lies him down again. But, what is this f.... noise there again?
Max starts to cry again and I suddenly know what the noise is. It is not strange that the poor guy cannot sleep when his bed sounds like a bag of chips whenever he moves. Max has to sleep between mum and dad instead. The problem is solved.

The next day. It is lunch time. Max baby food we took with us was already finished on the plane. So after my jogging tour in the morning I went to a shop and bought new baby food.
-Eh.. What is the brand of the baby food here? Petra asks.
-Yes, I couldn´t find the ones he normally has, so I bought some other ones which looked good.

The first bite. Max spots. The secound bite. Max takes away his head and refuses to open his mouth. Okay, okay...What shall we do? My wife, who is the mother of efficiency, suggests that we take both our part in the city (like 2 agents in a TV show) to find the right tins.
Petra goes away with Max in his baby buggy to one direction and I run fast over the street. I find another small supermarket. I check all the brands they have, but don´t find Max favourite ones. I buy some different tins of all the other brands they have.

Anything is good enough. Max refuses to eat. We start to get a little stressed. I go out on a searching trip again. In the hall I meet an australian tennis girl who suggests me to go to another shop where she thinks I will get Max favourite ones.
I run to a taxi. Yes! There I find them, total happiness!

Max is happy. Petra is lightened. I am also, and warm and ready for my afternoon practice...

So it feels good to travel soon with a small baby again which will get the breast milk for a while first. So I discovered thankfully (there, on the plane back from Shanghai) that it will take a while until we will go out on search for baby food tins again! Thank God.

Jonas Björkman

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim

Last edited by Sommarsverige : 12-29-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #197
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much Birte

what a lovely article

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #198
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

lovely DEUCE article online

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/deuce/...8/bjorkman.asp

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal

Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #199
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

jonasbjorkman.com
Quote:
2008-01-15
Max 5 år!

Idag är det vår son Max 5-års dag! Grattis grattis till våran lille prins! I vanliga fall brukar vi fira honom på ett hotellrum i Melbourne, men i år firar vi hemma med svensk tårta, ballonger och presenter!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #200
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

Jonas is one of the most kindlies guys in the history of sports! Never seen such a nice guy! And his game is also so big one!!! There will never be another Jonas! Not another player who could ever be him.

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #201
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Peggy for posting this GREAT article

And I absolutely agree with what you said, Chris

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 01-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #202
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

the new baby girl arrived today

congrats to Petra, Jonas and Max!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #203
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

congrats
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #204
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Bjorkman family!

Is Jonas planning to play Davis Cup in two weeks time?
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #205
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

I think it was his plan to play DC.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #206
on clouds...

Which wonderful news

Congrats to the whole Björkman family

Old 01-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #207
on clouds...

Finally there is a new blog entry from Jonas on alltombarn.se

He describes the feelings how it is to wait for the new baby to arrive. Quite funny, he has written it yesterday and today the child was born

I will translate the article, but probably I won´t have time before the weekend...

"Hur länge ska jag behöva vänta på bebisen?"

Jag förstår att det kanske är jobbigt för alla gravida kvinnor som går över tiden. Speciellt för de som har problem med ryggen, svårt att sova, har en halsbränna som gör livet betydligt mindre trivsamt och som av ren längtan helt enkelt är totalt fed up på att vänta på att det där lilla miraklet inne i magen någon gång ska komma ut.

Men, nu måste jag också få säga vad jag som väntande, blivande pappa, känner för varje dag som går. Det är ju faktiskt väääldigt jobbigt för oss blivande pappor också!

Hur länge ska jag behöva vänta på den lilla bebisen? Vi har ju redan väntat i de där nio månaderna. Har man fått ett datum – är det inte meningen att hon eller han ska vara färdig då?

Det är ju som att förbereda sig järnet inför en Grand Slam-turnering och när man väl kommit dit, mötas av beskedet att hela turneringen är uppskjuten. Och att ingen ens kan säga vilken dag den ska börja. Vilket jäkla antiklimax…

Förra gången vi väntade barn var beräknat förlossningsdatum 31 dec. Tja, det är ju faktiskt inte det roligaste datum att fylla år på (om man tänker på det faktum att man får ta körkort och gå på systembolaget sist av kompisarna i samma årskull). Då uppmuntrade jag givetvis Petra att kniiiipa igen så gott det bara gick tills det nya året istället.

Men hon knep nog så hårt att det blev lite för länge. 15 dagar över tiden! Ja, ni hörde rätt. 15 hela, långa dagar. Just det, INTE kul!

För mig alltså. Ja, för inte verkade det bekomma Petra, trots 30 extra kilo och en massa vatten överallt i kroppen. Nejdå, hon njöt av att vara gravid. (Vissa saker är svårt att fatta för en man…)

Jag ville ju ha leverans och det nu!

Visst hade Petra en massa förvärkar. Vi andades tillsammans. Jag höll hennes hand och peppade henne, men så vips så försvann förvärkarna och hon hade ingen känning alls på att det var på gång.

Men hallå – jag är ju tävlingsmänniska! Detta är ju som att komma in på banan, värma upp, få gå av för att det börjar regna. Sätta sig och vänta och vänta i spelarloungen, vänta på att få gå in på banan igen. Höra sitt namn bli uppropat, förbereda sig mentalt, göra sig redo, in på banan igen, värma upp och så kommer de där jäkla regndropparna igen och allt får avbrytas. Ja, ni hör ju själva. Vääääldigt frustrerande…

Till slut kom han då, vår lille Max, och så där i efterhand så hade ju de där 15 dagarna trots allt gått ganska snabbt och han var ju så klart värd all väntan!

Det är väldigt sällan en omföderska går över tiden, säger alla, så jag har denna gången varit väldigt säker på min sak. Nu skulle vi inte behöva vänta. Kanske kommer lilla bebisen till och med några dagar före beräknat datum.

Så det är ju med total uppgivenhet jag nu konstaterat att vi är över tiden – IGEN! Hur är det möjligt? Vi är nu fem dagar över tiden (jaja, det kanske inte låter så mycket, men tro mig – det är en evighet!). Jag vill ju träffa vår lilla bebistjej, som med bestämdhet håller sig kvar därinne i magen. Jag vill inte behöva vänta längre nu på att få hålla henne i min famn och pussa på henne!

Men, hon vill annat och det är bara till att konstatera. Det är som en regnfylld speldag i Wimbledon, där dagens matchspel till slut blivit cancellerat. Vi får åka hem och mysa ännu en kväll framför TVn istället. Men, i morgon är en ny dag. Med ett nytt spelschema. Kan knappt bärga mig.

Jonas Björkman

Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #208
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to his family!!!

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #209
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Looking forward to the translation Birte. Thanks in advance

Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #210
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

www.jonasbjorkman.com
Quote:
2008-01-21
Our daughter is born!

Today at 13.40 our longed for daughter was born . Her name is Bianca and she is 52,5 cm tall and weighs 3885 grams. We are all feeling great and we are so happy!