Articles, News, Quotes ... - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #166
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News, Quotes ...

www.jonasbjorkman.com
Quote:
2007-10-31
Exciting end

It will be a dramatic end to this season. Since Erlich and Ram surprisingly lost in the first round here in Paris, Max Mirnyi and I will get the last ticket to the playoffs in Shanghai if we beat Todd Perry and Jürgen Melzer tonight. It will not be easy, they are in great form, reached the final in St Petersburg last week, but we have everything in our own hands now after a season in which we have been struggling - and it will be a drama!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #167
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

www.jonasbjorkman.com
Quote:
2007-11-01
Shanghai next!
Tickets to Shanghai already booked!

Max Mirnyi and I beat Jürgen Melzer and Todd Perry 7-5, 6-1. Feels very good! We were two breaks down in the first set, but fought our way back, and in the second set we played great tennis. We will go to the playoffs in Shanghai without any pressure, and that will make us tough to handle!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal

Old 11-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #168
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy they qualified in the end

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #169
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation/s

YAY for both qualifying, and child #2!

Quote:
"Changed plans Petra and I are expecting a new family member in January during Australian Open, as we did with our son Max. Therefor I might play a few challengers directly after Paris if Max Mirnyi and I fail to reach the play offs, to shorten the gap between this years last tournament and the first of next year."
With the changed plans, what does this mean? Does he skip Australia, as with preparations for Max's birth? Obviously, this sucks for me and other Aussie fans... but I'd probably be annoyed if he didn't ditch the Aussie season to be with Petra and Björkman jr!
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #170
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Kristen, yes JB will skip the AO until the baby arrives earlier than expected.
I am sorry for you

Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #171
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

haha it's alright. [I am slightly devastated!]. I like to think that in years to come, he will still be involved in tennis somehow. Whether it be on the oldies tour, or with Wheelchair Tennis which he has expressed interest in. I'm oddly confident I will see him again

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #172
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Bjorkman & Mirnyi Begin Title Defense

Defending champions Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi begin their quest to salvage a disappointing year with a bang Sunday as Tennis Masters Cup begins in Shanghai. Bjorkman and Mirnyi had to wait until October to claim their only title of the season (Stockholm) and were the last team to qualify for the circuit finale.

On Sunday the duo plays 2006 US Open champions Martin Damm and Leander Paes and Bjorkman says he and Mirnyi will go in confident despite their lean year.

"We're very happy to be back and we can now play without the pressure we were under the last five or six weeks as we were attempting to qualify," Bjorkman says. "We can really go for it this week and it's always nice to come back to a tournament as the defending champions."

Mirnyi added: "Winning the Stockholm title reminded us of the form we had this time last year in Shanghai. We're very excited to be back here defending the title."

Bjorkman and Mirnyi charged to the title in 2006 with an unbeaten 5-0 record and Bjorkman said that the team was looking to make a fast start this year. "You always want to get off to a good start but at the same time we began 2-0 last year and still weren't guaranteed to qualify. Yet in the other group a team got through with only one win."

In the other doubles match on Day 1, Paul Hanley and Kevin Ullyett tackle Israelis Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram, who came in at the last minute to replace Bob and Mike Bryan (injured right arm). Hanley and Ullyett are playing their final event together.

Ullyett, who will play with Bjorkman after January's Australian Open, said: "The feeling is quite weird. The last time I split up with a partner was in Shanghai two years ago when Wayne Black retired. We've had two great years together but we're both optimistic of trying something new. And we're trying to finish strong in Shanghai this week."

Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #173
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

can anyone (Birte? ) translate at least the bold parts please?

Quote:
Björkman och Mirnyj kan splittras
Av TT
Först publicerad: 13 november 2007 21:28

Dubbelsäsongen i tennis har varit en besvikelse för Jonas Björkman och Max Mirnyj. Därför går de troligen skilda vägar nästa år. Jonas Björkmans nye partner kan bli Kevin Ullyett från Zimbabwe.

Efter förra årets säsong, då Jonas Björkman och Max Mirnyj vann en rad tunga titlar, hade de flesta väntat sig ett nytt bra år för duon. I stället har det bara blivit en titel i år (Stockholm open).

I säsongsavslutningen, det pågående Mastersslutspelet i Shanghai, är de regerande mästarna utslagna efter två raka förluster. En match återstår, men redan nu har Jonas Björkman och Max Mirnyj mer eller mindre bestämt sig för att prova lyckan med någon annan nästa år.

– Det är klart vi är väldigt besvikna båda två. Vi har haft den sämsta säsongen för oss båda på länge. Det är inget vi hade förväntat oss efter den fantastiska säsongen förra året, säger Jonas Björkman.

– Jag och Max har känt båda att vi har kämpat hela året och hoppats att det skulle komma en vändning, men i nuläget känner vi väl att vi kanske ska testa något nytt båda två. Förhoppningsvis har vi båda bestämt oss när den här veckan är över.

Det svensk-vitryska paret hade behövt ta åtminstone ett set i tisdagens match i Shanghai. Men i stället blev det förlust i två raka set, 6–7, 4–6, mot australiern Paul Hanley och Kevin Ullyett från Zimbabwe.

Just Ullyett är ironiskt nog ett av Björkmans alternativ för nästa år.
– Det är inte till hundra procent bestämt. Det är riktig high chaparral i dubbeln, det är väldigt många par som ska byta inför nästa säsong, säger Björkman.

– Jag har pratat med både Kevin och (Fabrice) Santoro av dem som i nuläget är lediga. Max har gjort likadant.

Vad är det som har gått fel för dig och Max i år?
– Vi känner väl att vi egentligen har gjort vad vi har kunnat, det har bara låst sig lite. Vi har tappat självförtroende, som gör att vi gör lite för mycket enkla misstag.

– Det som är tufft för vår del är att vi inte hinner träna dubbel eftersom vi spelar singel hela tiden också.

Det är redan bestämt att Max Mirnyj spelar Australien open i januari tillsammans med Santoro, eftersom Björkman och frun Petra då väntar sitt andra barn. Björkmans och Mirnyjs sista match tillsammans kan därför bli torsdagens avslutande gruppmatch mot israelerna Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram.
– Det är klart att det vore trist. Vi känner varandra otroligt väl. Vi får väl se vad som händer om det blir en fortsättning eller inte.

– Men oavsett vilket så har vi lärt oss oerhört mycket av varandra och kommer att ha bra kontakt även efteråt.
Is Max playing with Santoro (AO only?) next season?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #174
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

well as I understood:

Ullyett is one of alternatives for Jonas next year. It is not 100% certain, a lot of pairs are changing next year.
Jonas has spoken both to Ullyett and Santoro because they are "free". Max did the same.

Max for sure will play AO with Santoro while Jonas and his wife are waiting for the baby coming. Probably Björkman and Mirnyj will play together last time on Thursday against Erlich/Ram.
-It is sad because we know each other very well. We will see, maybe there will be continuation.
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #175
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

but two artocle said JB is playing with Ullyett after the AO.

Thanks Nadia.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #176
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

as for Max, I haven't heard yet about his plans for next year partnering
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #177
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

seems to be in real that Jonas will play with Kevin.

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #178
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I was quite busy the last days, but here is the translation of the article:

Björkman and Mirnyi can split

The double season has been a big disappointment for Jonas Björkman and Max Mirnyi. This is the reason why they will probably go different ways next year. The new partner of Jonas can be Kevin Ullyett.

After last season, in which Jonas and Max won some very big titles, they had accepted a similar year this year. But instead they could only take one title (Stockholm Open).

In the Masters Cup in Shanghai the defending champions are already out, after 2 straight loss. There is still one more match to play, but already now Jonas and Max have almost sure taken the decision to try their luck with a new partner for the next season.

- Of course we are both very disappoint. We have both had the worst season in a long time. This was not what we have been expecting after the great year we had last year," Jonas Björkman says.

The Swedish-whiterussian pair would have needed at least a set in their last match in Shanghai. But instead they lost in two straight sets against Hanley/Ullyett.

It is a llittle ironicle that just Ullyett is an alternative for a possible doubles partner of Jonas for next year.
- It is not decided to 100% yet. It is really a lot of high chaparal in the doubles right now, there are a lot of pairs who will change for the next season", Björkman says.

- I have talked to both Kevin and Fabrice Santoro who are both still "free" at the moment. Max has done the same."

What went wrong for you and Max this year?
- We both feel that we did what we could, it just didn´t work like we wanted. We lost our confidence and as a result we started to make easy faults."
- What is also difficult for us is that we often don´t manage to practice for the doubles, because we play singles all the time as well."

It is already decided that Max will play the Australian Open together with Santoro, because Jonas and his wife Petra will expect their 2nd child during that time. Therefore the final round robin match on thursday can be the last match which Jonas and Max play together.
-Of course it would be very sad. We know eachother so well. We will see what is going to happen, if we will continue to play or not."

-But no matter how it will finish, we have learnt a lot from eachother and will have close contact even in the future."

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #179
country flag Nadie

thanks Birte
Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #180
on clouds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadie View Post
thanks Birte
You are welcome

But you translated the main parts also perfectly