Chucho doesn't look stoned!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chucho doesn't look stoned!!

I read in the MG that some people says that Chucho always looked stoned on court! even they put the word "smoke" before his name

I don't think he looks stoned at all...The thing is that he is from Misiones, a State in Argentina in the NorthEast, and it is a very hot State, some much heat...he has the look of a provinciano (from the inner land) sleeping his siesta!!
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho doesn't look stoned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87
I read in the MG that some people says that Chucho always looked stoned on court! even they put the word "smoke" before his name

I don't think he looks stoned at all...The thing is that he is from Misiones, a State in Argentina in the NorthEast, and it is a very hot State, some much heat...he has the look of a provinciano (from the inner land) sleeping his siesta!!
Lighten up, it's a joke and we know he is from the country and always looks asleep or a bit stoned.

It adds to his appeal actually.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Lighten up, it's a joke and we know he is from the country and always looks asleep or a bit stoned.

Yes
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks, George...i like his look and it is so much appealing to me...but i don't like to think he is stoned, i like more to think he is from Misiones and he is sleeping a siesta ...it sounds better to me ...i don't think to call any poeple "stoned" is a good joke...My opinion!!

Misiones is a state, not a country...the country is Argentina and this country has a lot of different weathers and landscape. Sure you know that, i am just remaking things..The one of Misiones is a letargic one with so much sun and all the lengends about indios....I think it is more funny to think about this...Sorry, again, i am just telling my opinion, George!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
country flag maria87

one thing more, George, about the smoke thing: i don't like it also because i found more and more people telling argentines players are doping players...Even Brad Gilbert said that in an article about what will be the tennis 2006 he said no one of the Argentines will not improve in the tour because they are all cheaters!(horrible thing to say!!):
Old 02-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

there is no smoke without the fire

But Chucho is very appealing and we all joke about his "stoned" look because that's exactly what it looks like, but he's adorable
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
there is no smoke without the fire

But Chucho is very appealing and we all joke about his "stoned" look because that's exactly what it looks like, but he's adorable
of course he looks adorable....but not because he looks "stoned" but sleepy!
as a misionero has to look! sleepy and "provinciano"....
his fire doesn't come from a "smoking thing" it comes from another better inner source!!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
one thing more, George, about the smoke thing: i don't like it also because i found more and more people telling argentines players are doping players...Even Brad Gilbert said that in an article about what will be the tennis 2006 he said no one of the Argentines will not improve in the tour because they are all cheaters!(horrible thing to say!!):
Ok, smoking the green isn't performance enhancing and Brad Gilbert is an idiot and still has egg on his face when he said Chucho had a weak serve and a poor backhand.

I am still going to refer to him as a stoner, just like I call Coria a weasel, except with Chucho, it's done in a good way.

Well I am well aware of Argentine geography and know Misiones is a region, but anything outside of Buenos Aires is considered the countryside by porteños. Hence coming from a small place like myself I know the deal with certain regional stereotypes, the only thing is that the region changes and not the jokes.

Just understand it is not an insult to Chucho at all.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand why some think the stoned joke isn't funny. And I'm gonna respect their opinion. But, personally, having had the opportunity to watch him play in Metz (doubles final) and having watched him closely for some time before his final, I would say that the stoned comment was suited. No matter how he looks and what ppl say about him, I like him the way he is.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #10
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
No matter how he looks and what ppl say about him, I like him the way he is.
Me too!

i watched him closely too in Miami 2003...and i have to say he doesn't look stoned to me again! i think ppl just confused a look "so-much-sleepy-misionero" with a stoned one, tha's all!! But is is totally understable for ppl that is not from Argentina!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
country flag maria87

Quote:
Ok, smoking the green isn't performance enhancing and Brad Gilbert is an idiot and still has egg on his face when he said Chucho had a weak serve and a poor backhand.

I am still going to refer to him as a stoner, just like I call Coria a weasel, except with Chucho, it's done in a good way.

Well I am well aware of Argentine geography and know Misiones is a region, but anything outside of Buenos Aires is considered the countryside by porteños. Hence coming from a small place like myself I know the deal with certain regional stereotypes, the only thing is that the region changes and not the jokes.

Just understand it is not an insult to Chucho at all.
yes, George, i can understand that!! i am just telling my point. I live in Buenos Aires BUT i am not a porteña!!! i am from another small region so close to Misiones called Entre Ríos, (we called here the whole region El litoral)..so why i know something more about Misiones, i am from the same group of states in Argentina...
and i never react as a porteño!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #12
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Me too!

i watched him closely too in Miami 2003...and i have to say he doesn't look stoned to me again! i think ppl just confused a look "so-much-sleepy-misionero" with a stoned one, tha's all!! But is is totally understable for ppl that is not from Argentina!
I remember I was with a friend there. And I have to say she absolutely didn't know anything about him. And I didn't tell her anything neither. But, when she saw him, she simply asked "hey, does that guy know he's got a final to play soon?" I just had to laugh......I answered she shouldn't worry. That appearences might be tricky....She said herself, after the match, that there was no need to worry!!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #13
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

His "Bob Marley" look in his old ATP profile pic didn't help either, imo. It was a terrible pic.
Anyway, I agree with the other posters, people don't mean it as an insult, don't worry!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #14
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
His "Bob Marley" look in his old ATP profile pic didn't help either in that regard, imo. It was a terrible pic.
Anyway, I agree with the other posters, people don't mean it as an insult, don't worry!
True
How are you Truc?
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #15
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
His "Bob Marley" look in his old ATP profile pic didn't help either, imo. It was a terrible pic.
I know, i know, Truc, i am just making things clear as argentinian that is from the same side of Chucho and i swear i never thought he looked stoned!

Last edited by maria87 : 02-07-2006 at 02:28 PM.