Wednesday Scores - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2003, 12:39 AM   #121
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wednesday Scores

Going too smooth I guess... keep the concentration up JC! Wake up call for Mr. Ferrero!
Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 12:40 AM   #122
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

phew....... good thing
Sushi refilled

now to slime him completely
Vamos Sushi
1-1
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:40 AM   #123
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Ha ha, just as I say Leo shouldn't be worrying Ferrero goes 15-40 down. Still held, though.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:40 AM   #124
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
You realise if Agassi does lose here and Scud plays in his place, that will virtually guarantee Nalbandian a spot in the semis? Not to do Philippoussis down or anything, azza could be on here and I'd hate to do that, but judging by their US Open match Big Dave has the beating of him too.
I don't think pull out. It's different circumstances than last year. This year he's in the US, he's fresh (having not played a match in Europe this fall), and he's not concentrated on the #1 ranking.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:40 AM   #125
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrero serving 0-1...
0-15 great play by AA
wow ace! 15-15
15-30 Ferrero misses
15-40 double break point.. Ferrero misses again..
30-40 Ferrero aggressive
Ferrero misses a lot of his 1st serves...
deuce wide Agassi
wow AD Ferrero great shot
game JC 1-1!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #126
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Ah, come on Leo. As a Federer fan I'm getting worried that if Ferrero is suddenly beating Agassi this comfortably he could run straight through Federer, who doesn't have to beat him to make the semis so may not give 100%. Personally I hope he does since that would put him in the hunt for no. 2, but hey... we can agree to disagree on that.

On night matches, I think greater crowd atmosphere (due to involvement of Americans) + plus cooler, more tolerable playing conditions = better quality matches all round.
It's not the night matches that are an aberration, it's the day matches that are astonishingly bad. In every one of them, at least one player sucked like he's never sucked before, and in the case of Rainer and Coria, they both did. Unusually awful tennis for such a championship. I'm a huge fan of Rainer, and if it wasn't for that, I would have switched off that tv, because that match was unbearable.
Layla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:43 AM   #127
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
I don't think pull out. It's different circumstances than last year. This year he's in the US, he's fresh (having not played a match in Europe this fall), and he's not concentrated on the #1 ranking.
True, but he's said himself that the reason why he finds the round-robin format tricky is that he feels that once he loses a match he should be out of the tournament, rather than coming back to play with a second chance to win - hence his reluctance to play meaningless matches and his determination in previous years to go undefeated in the group stage, which has cost him physically in the final (e.g. 1999 and 2000, where he lost in straight sets to players whom he'd beaten easily in the RR).

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 11-13-2003, 12:43 AM   #128
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi serving 1-1
15-0 good tactic
15-15 hhmmm bad bad bad
15-30 whoa! JC!!!
30-30
40-30 hot serve
great 2nd serve, 2-1 AA!

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 11-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #129
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Ah, come on Leo. As a Federer fan I'm getting worried that if Ferrero is suddenly beating Agassi this comfortably he could run straight through Federer, who doesn't have to beat him to make the semis so may not give 100%. Personally I hope he does since that would put him in the hunt for no. 2, but hey... we can agree to disagree on that.
I think Federer would give it 100% for two reasons: 1) A win this week over Ferrero would certainly help the next time they play, when Federer might have more to gain, and 2) He wants in the hunt for the #2 ranking. Roger says that he doesn't care about the rankings, but I don't buy it.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #130
country flag Sjengster

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Ferrero winning 88% of points on first serve and 67% on his second - not bad, really...

Old 11-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #131
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! Agassi broke the racquet against his led quite violently. I didn't see this coming. He only missed one shot in the middle of Ferrero's service game, not the time to be furious.
Layla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:47 AM   #132
country flag Leo

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla
It's not the night matches that are an aberration, it's the day matches that are astonishingly bad. In every one of them, at least one player sucked like he's never sucked before, and in the case of Rainer and Coria, they both did. Unusually awful tennis for such a championship. I'm a huge fan of Rainer, and if it wasn't for that, I would have switched off that tv, because that match was unbearable.
According to a poster on GM, David also sucked in his day match two days ago. Supposedly he had 19 ufes in that first set but still won it easily!

Don't make this complicated, Juan Carlos, please! I was a bundle of nerves in their last match at the US Open, even when Ferrero had the two set lead.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:47 AM   #133
country flag Billabong

I also think Roger wants to be #2, but I guess we'll see... I would have loved him to be #1, just like Guga in 2000 when everyone thought he was out of it...

Old 11-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #134
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really picture that happening actually... I see him as a little agile gnome with the grin
Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #135
country flag Sjengster

Default Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Interesting Layla, it shows that Agassi really is fired-up and intense for this match - and I'm not sure that's helping him, he had the same pumped-up, almost fanatical attitude in the match last year and his performance was so up and down because of it. Ferrero just has to weather the storm.