Wednesday Scores - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-12-2003, 07:31 PM   #61
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wednesday Scores

Thanks to this one-sided match, US viewers are subjected to Duck match again!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2003, 07:37 PM   #62
WyverN

WyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond repute

Federer finally did what he had to do, keep the unforced errors down, this in turn forced David to go for a bit more and it rattled him and forced him into some uncharacteristic unforced errors.
?Not the best match by Nalbandian, one of the worst I seen him play actually, but brilliantly played by Federer
WyverN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #63
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy for Federer!!!!

This was a long time coming. I posted this yesterday, and now I believe it is even more true. Roger is in a perfect position to win this tournament. He is the one with nothing to lose. He has no pressure, and can just enjoy the tennis and the competition.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:49 PM   #64
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDom
Norm Christ just told them that they will have TV time-outs.

"Only stand up when I say 'time'"
I have a match on tape from Aussie TV of the match between Brian Vahaly and Vince Spadea at Indian Wells and the same thing was said. That explains a lot why the changeovers are quicker in person than on TV .
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:53 PM   #65

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
Ohhhhh.... Was Nalbandian making it personal out there?
I think so . I might have said the serve into the body wasn't aimed to hurt him but that shot at the net had me thinking a little differently...lol.
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 08:02 PM   #66

Not a good match at all by David. I don't think I've seen him spray that many balls or hit that many into the net since I became a "fan" of his.

I do congratulate Roger but I can't cheer. If David had played even close to his best, or how he would normally even play, and still lose to Roger...I would be right there with heaps of congrats. But David was more than off today and, in my opinion, Roger didn't have to do a whole heck of a lot. I know that Roger stayed on top of him because he knows, better than anyone, how David has the ability to fight back. I like Roger so I'm not completely ticked .

At least David is still 1-1 with a chance at the SFs although I doubt losing 10 games helped. Still one singles to go and a chance at the day not being a complete loss .
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 08:19 PM   #67
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said before. Roger did to David what David did to him. Roger went through periods of poor play against David and that helped David win. Hell that is the reason Roger was 0-5 to him, don't believe me than go look at the Oz site and Open site for the stats cause I know they are still there. Roger stayed in it today and cut back on his errors and put pressure on David's serve.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #68
WyverN

WyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
I think so . I might have said the serve into the body wasn't aimed to hurt him but that shot at the net had me thinking a little differently...lol.
That was pretty low from Nalbandian, it was a key point and a very easy shot but instead Nalbandian chose to kill federer instead
WyverN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:43 PM   #69
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:43 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
Like I said before. Roger did to David what David did to him. Roger went through periods of poor play against David and that helped David win. Hell that is the reason Roger was 0-5 to him, don't believe me than go look at the Oz site and Open site for the stats cause I know they are still there. Roger stayed in it today and cut back on his errors and put pressure on David's serve.
This post sounds VERY similar to a post I just read somewhere else under another name. I'll say here, same as the other place, that stats don't always tell the whole story. I've learned that through many years of watching matches on TV and in person.

I understand undying loyalty to a player but I also understand giving credit where credit is due. Roger played a decent match BUT David played nowhere near what he's capable of. He was missing shots that he would've made any other day. Still, the good news is that David does still have a good chance at the SFs.

Now, I'm going to try my hardest not to let certain Roger fans turn me against Roger (like I ever would).
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 08:46 PM   #71

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyverN
That was pretty low from Nalbandian, it was a key point and a very easy shot but instead Nalbandian chose to kill federer instead
It was "low" but David has a temper so I wasn't all that surprised .
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 08:54 PM   #72
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute

Knowles/Nestor have just qualified to the SF, after winning the 1st set against Bhupathi/Mirnyi 6:4.
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:58 PM   #73
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not a good match at all by David. I don't think I've seen him spray that many balls or hit that many into the net since I became a "fan" of his.

I do congratulate Roger but I can't cheer. If David had played even close to his best, or how he would normally even play, and still lose to Roger...I would be right there with heaps of congrats. But David was more than off today and, in my opinion, Roger didn't have to do a whole heck of a lot. I know that Roger stayed on top of him because he knows, better than anyone, how David has the ability to fight back. I like Roger so I'm not completely ticked .

At least David is still 1-1 with a chance at the SFs although I doubt losing 10 games helped. Still one singles to go and a chance at the day not being a complete loss .
Just wanted to say I agree with every word. Of course I'm really sad that David didn't win - but everyone can have a bad day at work sometimes - I often do! He still has a chance and I will always be cheering for him
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 09:18 PM   #74
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
I thought I was the only one who was suspicion about that shot

Thanks to Roger's great reaction
Old 11-12-2003, 09:19 PM   #75
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyverN
I think he was hoping to injure Roger to help him out Didn't work