Wednesday Scores - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2003, 03:22 AM   #241
country flag Jorge

Jorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond repute

well done, Andre
¡Adiós Juanito!
Jorge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 03:26 AM   #242
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

First, it really sucks to be living in Los Angeles right now. Anyone who's living here probably knows what I'm talking about .

Anyway, just before my power went out (for an hour...just came back on) the scoreboard showed that Andre had just broken Juan Carlos and gone up 2-1 in the 3rd!! I cursed Juan Carlos!! I didn't take the chance to sign on till after the first set and look what happened . The match is going to be on ESPN in about seven minutes but I thought I would post my frustration now.

Today was a BAD day in so many ways. But especially in Tennis terms. First, David gets bageled and goes 1-1 and now Juan Carlos goes 0-2 with no chance at ending #1 and letting Junior have it AND I'm guessing that the 2nd SF position will be decided between David and Andre

GO RAINER!! GO DAVID!! GO GUILLE!!
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 03:33 AM   #243

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
Should be interesting to set a timer to see just how long it takes ATPTennis.com to update the fact that Roddick is now no. 1. Not long, methinks.
OH, but according to the ATP CEO they would never show favoritism in the ATP for those at the top .

I don't think Roddick will stay #1 for long but it's just the fact that he ends 2003 as #1. It was already the all-Roddick Wimbledon here and with ESPN having 3 of the 4 Slams it's not looking good for those of us who like other players (Americans or not) .

Now waiting for college football to end to see how in the heck Juan Carlos lost it!!
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-13-2003, 03:40 AM   #244

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
yup, if jcf messes this up roddick will be number "1" (altho federer deserves it more)
I have to agree with that. As much as that match saddened me earlier and the quality was less than great I have to admit that Roger has definitely gone to Houston with a mission . He'll take that #1 from Roddick the first chance he gets, I have no doubt. I just wish that Juan Carlos had won tonight with a chance at #1 because, for most of the year, he played like the #1.

This whole day sucks!!

Well, ESPN is on. I guess I better prepare myself for screaming idiots
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-13-2003, 05:30 AM   #245

OK, so I just finished watching Juan Carlos lose (or Andre win depending on how one looks at it ) and one thing above everything frustrates me. Juan Carlos played a good match!!!

It wasn't like he played badly in that third set to lose but, for some reason, he just couldn't play the big points like he needed to. I'm so frustrated!!

C'mon Rainer!! C'mon David!! C'mon Guille!!
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-13-2003, 05:34 AM   #246
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wednesday Scores

aww give Andre some credit. He's 10 years older and was able to completely turn that match around. HE stepped it up and won, Juan Carlos didn't lose it (to his credit).
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:38 AM   #247
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wednesday Scores

Congrats Andre!!

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #248

Default Re: Re: Wednesday Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk18bsb
aww give Andre some credit. He's 10 years older and was able to completely turn that match around. HE stepped it up and won, Juan Carlos didn't lose it (to his credit).
Oh, I didn't mean to insinuate that Juan Carlos lost it rather than Andre winning it. I was rooting for Juan Carlos so that's why I worded it the way I did but that's also why I'm so frustrated. I hate when this happens for any of my favorites in a match. They play this good or decent match and still lose . I know it's all a part of the game and I enjoy almost every aspect (sans TV coverage...lol)...frustration and all .

This has to to be the first tournament where I haven't rooted for Andre even once. I wanted Roger to win in the first one (in order to play David but we all know how that turned out...lol) and then tonight I wanted Juan Carlos to win for 2 reasons:

1) To still have a chance at year-end #1
2) To have a chance at getting into the SFs

Needless to say Juan Carlos is going to be one ticked off man leaving Houston but hopefully he can use that to come back strong in 2004. At this point, I won't be surprised if he does skip the Aussie Open.
GSTAAD - WINNER