Wednesday matches - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-12-2003, 07:28 PM   #31
WyverN

WyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream

The Americans (Agassi, Roddick) are STARS. They are not only athletes but showmen. They pull in the audiences, they pull in ratings, so therefore they play during prime time.

If the Euros want what Agassi gets, then Mosquito and Fed and some of the others better start showing some personality and winning the crowd over, then they'll get prime time playing, too.

ummmm........Agassi and Roddick are stars in America.......dont talk like their bigger stars then the Europeans/Oceania/Asian players all over the world.
WyverN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2003, 07:36 PM   #32
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Wednesday matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Non-American players will have the chance to play at night when they played against American players.
Extremely sad but true
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #33

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The Americans (Agassi, Roddick) are STARS. They are not only athletes but showmen. They pull in the audiences, they pull in ratings, so therefore they play during prime time.
I guess that's all good if you like only players from the States. I only like a handful of American players (Alex Bogomolov, Robby Ginepri, Brian Vahaly, Vince Spadea) but because they aren't "stars" I hardly ever seen them get TV coverage either. So a foreign player playing an American still doesn't guarantee fair coverage. Personally, I get sick of Agassi and Roddick being jammed down my throat even though I do like Andre. I understand coverage for the "casual fan" but what about the rest of us?
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 07:46 PM   #34

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyverN
ummmm........Agassi and Roddick are stars in America.......dont talk like their bigger stars then the Europeans/Oceania/Asian players all over the world.
Exactly!! But I gave up on trying to tell that to some Tennis fans a long time ago. Some people just think that the sun rises and sets for Andre and Roddick .
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #35
emeraldbanas

emeraldbanas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wednesday matches

Believe in yourself JC...God bless on your match later......be no. 1
emeraldbanas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:25 PM   #36
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You think Fat Nose Fed or some other foreign player would've drawn in a crowd like that? Ha! Nooo waaaay!
Hmm...at their countries (as Agassi and Roddick are in this moment) SURE! They would have drawn a crowd like that one.

Just remember Spanish crowd at Davis Cup Final at 2000. Ferrero was the hero.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:27 PM   #37

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday matches

Quote:
Point taken!

TV coverage of tennis in the US has been blowing chunks for years (Tennis Channel, where are you???). Sky sports and Eurosport seem to have a much more balanced play schedule.

For the record, I like watching many, if not all, of the foreign players, too.
I'm glad that my post didn't come across to harsh . ESPN (and its commentators) puts me on edge so sometimes when I post how I feel I do it a bit too strongly. Even though I mean everything that I'm trying to say . I know that I should be happy to see Tennis at all but it's hard to be appreciative when NONE of your favorites are being shown for the sake of showing one or two players who may be playing a boring match .

I wish that I was one of the 5 people in the States who have the Tennis Channel...lol. I don't think my cable company will pick it up anytime soon .
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 11-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #38
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Extremely sad but true
I accept the fact that Americans players are more attractive in US. But, with the 2 American players always played at night, it gives them the unfair advantage like yesterday, it's more taxing for Rainer and Coria than Moya and Andy playing 3 sets tennis. Just like in USO, all non-American players had to play 5 set tennis in 4 consecutive days (if they went all the way) while the Americans didn't.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote