Ranking Watch - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #76
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Girl
it's like i could've said this aswell

i thought about what alexiana said, but what i think is: eventhough tommy didn't have points to defend, there might have been a player at #26(or 27), who also didn't have to defend points, but in stead of not playing, he got to the SF for example.
I don't know the difference between tommy & #26, but the number 26 could have won more points than the difference and that would cause a switch in ranking.....

right?! or am i talking really stupid now??
no sure there could be a player behind him who earns a lot of point and passes Tommy. But he has a little distance to the next player
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 04:17 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana
no sure there could be a player behind him who earns a lot of point and passes Tommy. But he has a little distance to the next player
Yes that much I know about the rankings. It sometimes not only depends on what a player does, but what other players around him do also. Players can get bumped up or down depending on what the players around them are doing. That doesn't really sound fair, but I guess it all works itself out by the end of the season.

Last edited by 16681 : 04-25-2006 at 04:21 AM.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 AM   #78

As of 05/01/06 the ATP Site shows Tommy's ranking remains at #25.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #79

As of 05/08/06 the ATP Site shows Tommy's ranking is still #25 Tommy Baby it is time to shift gears and get on the move
Old 05-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #80
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
As of 05/08/06 the ATP Site shows Tommy's ranking is still #25 Tommy Baby it is time to shift gears and get on the move
and move and move and move!!

he's just taking little steps, id love to see him taking bigger steps
he just have to move to a 3rd set in rome at this moment and hope he'll move along further and further in the tournament..! then his ranking will be better i hope!!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #81
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute

cause he lost to Kiwi in 2005 first round he won't lose point in Rome...

well done Tommy
Old 05-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #82

Quote:
cause he lost to Kiwi in 2005 first round he won't lose point in Rome...

well done Tommy
I think Alexiana you have reached that land of denial.
Because of course Tommy won't gain any points either. And at this rate his ranking may move in a direction we don't want to see it go in Tommy has got to start winning again and soon
Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #83
country flag Alexiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I think Alexiana you have reached that land of denial.
Because of course Tommy won't gain any points either. And at this rate his ranking may move in a direction we don't want to see it go in Tommy has got to start winning again and soon
of course he won't gain points, i didn't think that. i was sarcastic about congratulating him
Old 05-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #84

Quote:
of course he won't gain points, i didn't think that. i was sarcastic about congratulating him
I'm afraid I can't even be sarcastic enough to congratulate him
Old 05-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #85
country flag Alexiana

Tommy jumps up one position to 24
Old 05-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #86

Quote:
Tommy jumps up one position to 24
I think you really have found that promise land of Denial
Old 05-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #87
country flag Alexiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I think you really have found that promise land of Denial
he really does its not a joke
Old 05-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #88

I know it wasn't meant to be a joke, but one position--it is almost a joke I have completely lost it And it is all Tommy's fault
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #89
country flag Alexiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I know it wasn't meant to be a joke, but one position--it is almost a joke I have completely lost it And it is all Tommy's fault
yeah but I thought it was funny that he moved up one position even with his loss and Hrbaty moved down although he won his 1st round
Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #90

Quote:
yeah but I thought it was funny that he moved up one position even with his loss and Hrbaty moved down although he won his 1st round
Tennis rankings are crazy It is the only sport I know where you can improve your ranking without improving your playing