Ranking Watch - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 AM   #361
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch-fighting his way back up?

And Tommy is #39,exactly as we calculated...

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Can I remind you that Goran won Wimbledon at the same age with an ailing shoulder as a wild card ranked below 130. He may or may not do anything similar for all we know, but for God's sake let the guy play and us follow it without that depressing outlook.
There is a BIG difference between depression and reality.
I'm thrilled that Tommy is able to play at all which is far, far from depression. However, I know his chances at winning the U.S. Open are about as good as me becoming richer than Bill Gates. Trust me it just isn't going to happen However, depending on the draw he can still pick up wins and we can still watch him play
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:36 AM   #363
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
There is a BIG difference between depression and reality.
I'm thrilled that Tommy is able to play at all which is far, far from depression. However, I know his chances at winning the U.S. Open are about as good as me becoming richer than Bill Gates. Trust me it just isn't going to happen However, depending on the draw he can still pick up wins and we can still watch him play
No offense, but reality is not he can't beat Del Potro, he's not even a big guy yet. It's depressing reading lamentations about his age and shoulder problems, combined with assessments that the time to win anything of relevance is over. Like I said, Goran was in worse situation in every respect and he went to win a GS, beating on the way many guys I'm sure you'd equally proclaim unbeatable for him at the time. It was not my intention to imply Tommy will necessarily win one too, but just that stranger things have ahppened and we really don't know. Tommy doesn't seem like a delusional guy to me, so if he says he can compete with the truly big guys, it is my opinion his fans should respect that.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #364

Quote:
No offense, but reality is not he can't beat Del Potro, he's not even a big guy yet. It's depressing reading lamentations about his age and shoulder problems, combined with assessments that the time to win anything of relevance is over. Like I said, Goran was in worse situation in every respect and he went to win a GS, beating on the way many guys I'm sure you'd equally proclaim unbeatable for him at the time. It was not my intention to imply Tommy will necessarily win one too, but just that stranger things have ahppened and we really don't know. Tommy doesn't seem like a delusional guy to me, so if he says he can compete with the truly big guys, it is my opinion his fans should respect that.
The reality was exactly as I said. Del Potro defeated Tommy. In fact he not only defeated Tommy he beat him badly Did I say that Tommy would never ever defeat Del Potro--no. I said there was no way Tommy was going to defeat him in the Tournament's thread we were posting in. And I was right. MTF is not just for those of us who post here. If you will notice by the post and view counts, far more people read here than post here. So I will continue to post with the reality of Tommy's situation in any given Tournament . Am I always right--no. And when I'm wrong I'll say so. In fact I was badly wrong about the L.A. Tournament. I thought Tommy was going to do very well there and yet he lost in the 1st Rd You know if you don't like seeing my posts you can always put me on your ignore list. That way you won't even see them.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #365
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

BTW,Does anyone knows how Tommy is seeded at USO,as #39 from Monday,or like Iv read somewhere #46 ?
I know this is not important at all,but I'm confused if he ain't #39 as from Monday 18th...

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Old 08-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #366
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I didn't get your point? What do you mean by "seeded at US Open"?
Next week he'll be #38 if you mean that...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #367
country flag Lugburz

No,I just meant in the whole entry list how he is ranked at USO...

Quote:
Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #368
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he isn't "ranked" specifically at the Open. He isn't seeded and thus just gets drawn against one seed. Apart from that, as of this week, he is #39 in the ATP ranking and #57 in the race.
thefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #369
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz8 View Post
No,I just meant in the whole entry list how he is ranked at USO...
Entry list is always based on earlier rankings than seeds, that's way he appears as 40-something in the entry list. No seeding in any case and not much luck with the draw
Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #370
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Entry list is always based on earlier rankings than seeds, that's way he appears as 40-something in the entry list. No seeding in any case and not much luck with the draw
Yeah, don't get why they do this, since it doesn't matter anyway and doesn't influence the drawing (I think).
Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #371
country flag oranges

^^ I think it's because of qualies, they need to determine who enters directly and who is eligible for qualifications earlier. Seeds can be determined shortly before the draw.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #372
country flag thefly

Ah, good point.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #373

Default Re: Ranking Watch-on the way back down :-(

I thought since it was mentioned in another thread I would go ahead and post it in here. Plus change the thread title again to a more positive note As of 2/2/09 according to the ATP Site Tommy's ranking is now up to 65

EDIT: I forgot to add that is up 14 positions
Just think what it might have been had he not had to face Nadal in the 3rd Rd

Last edited by 16681 : 02-03-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 AM   #374
country flag oranges

Default Re: Ranking Watch-on the way back up again :-)

He has IW QF and practically nothing else to defend till Wimbledon, so any good results should mean a rise in hte rankings
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #375
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch-on the way back up again :-)

good to see it's getting up again