Ranking Watch - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #346
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch-fighting his way back up?

You know,I am worry about that last tour before USO that Tommy won't play,there will be many of those players who will also try to reach the top32..Are we in threat by them?

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #347
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, some will win points, some will lose points, so I guess it's hard to say. I think if Tommy wins Washington (still a long way to go) he should be save. If he reaches the final, he just needs a little bit of luck. Let's wait and see. Right now, Tommy has to fight for the best initial position possible. The rest is Karma.
thefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #348
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefly View Post
Well, some will win points, some will lose points, so I guess it's hard to say. I think if Tommy wins Washington (still a long way to go) he should be save. If he reaches the final, he just needs a little bit of luck. Let's wait and see. Right now, Tommy has to fight for the best initial position possible. The rest is Karma.
Yeah,that's it...I think I will be calculating everything after this week,I will watch every movement of a player who can be a threat to Tommy on his way to the top32

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Old 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #349
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz8 View Post
Yeah,that's it...I think I will be calculating everything after this week,I will watch every movement of a player who can be a threat to Tommy on his way to the top32
The tournament in New Heaven doesn't matter. The draw comes out on Thursday so Monday's ranking counts!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #350
country flag Lugburz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tenista View Post
The tournament in New Heaven doesn't matter. The draw comes out on Thursday so Monday's ranking counts!
Wow,that is awesome thing to hear Then Tommy has really good chances reaching that famous top32!
It's up to him from now on,with our big support of course
Come on,Del Potro's next

Quote:
Old 08-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #351
country flag Lugburz

As I can see,player like Nieminen,Moya,Monaco,Hewitt will lose lot of points the next Monday as they didn't defend their pt from last year...That's even more chance for Tommy to do well...

Quote:
Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz8 View Post
As I can see,player like Nieminen,Moya,Monaco,Hewitt will lose lot of points the next Monday as they didn't defend their pt from last year...That's even more chance for Tommy to do well...
I have been a fan of Tommy's for years and I love him dearly But the posting in here needs a reality check at times. If I didn't know better and just came in and read these posts, I would think Tommy was a young and healthy athlete--not a 30 year old player that has had 3 shoulder surgeries on his serving arm. It doesn't matter all that much if Tommy is seeded or unseeded at the U.S. Open because sad to say he is not doing to win the Tournament Tommy's career is on borrowed time now and we all just should be happy he is still able to stay on the Tour, pick up some wins, and we can still see him play He was able to win some Tournaments with two shoulder surgeries which was amazing to me, however, I don't know about him winning Tournaments now after the 3rd surgery And not just because of the surgery, but also more and more younger players who have talent are coming up fast in the rankings like Juan.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #353
country flag Lugburz

I know your point,We all know big reality of Tommy's,but always reminding how he had those surgeries won't benefit for anyone especially Tommy...
But as long as he is able to play I will have faith in him like I had all those years back..

Quote:
Old 08-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #354
country flag thefly

thefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond reputethefly has a reputation beyond repute

I think there was a little mistake to our ranking calculations. Tommy will NOT gain 10 extra points, because while Cincy from last year will be removed, San Jose will NOT be added again, since this week's result in Washington takes over that spot in the "Best 5 other" list. So this means he will still lose the 5 points from Cincy, and thus will only gain 70 points on the whole, instead of 85 as we originally thought.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #355
country flag Lugburz

You are so right,how did I missed that
So anyway #39 for him,but again with those 85 that we thought he could got better only 1 place at #38...

Quote:
Old 08-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #356
country flag thefly

Yeah well, let's see who loses points by the end of the week, and then who's actually in the USO field. I guess it's only a small chance ... but even if he's not seeded, he can still have luck with the draw.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #357
country flag thefly

I just did a quick check on last year's results in Cincy, and both Hewitt and Moya will lose big time and if I'm not mistaken should fall behind Tommy, so I guess he'll be 37 next week.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #358
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you just use this topic:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114565

He'll be #39
Old 08-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #359
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
I have been a fan of Tommy's for years and I love him dearly But the posting in here needs a reality check at times. If I didn't know better and just came in and read these posts, I would think Tommy was a young and healthy athlete--not a 30 year old player that has had 3 shoulder surgeries on his serving arm. It doesn't matter all that much if Tommy is seeded or unseeded at the U.S. Open because sad to say he is not doing to win the Tournament Tommy's career is on borrowed time now and we all just should be happy he is still able to stay on the Tour, pick up some wins, and we can still see him play He was able to win some Tournaments with two shoulder surgeries which was amazing to me, however, I don't know about him winning Tournaments now after the 3rd surgery And not just because of the surgery, but also more and more younger players who have talent are coming up fast in the rankings like Juan.
Can I remind you that Goran won Wimbledon at the same age with an ailing shoulder as a wild card ranked below 130. He may or may not do anything similar for all we know, but for God's sake let the guy play and us follow it without that depressing outlook.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #360
country flag thefly

Aw crap, forgot about Monfils, and he just can't edge past Llodra. Damn this Cincy/"Best 5 other" screw up this week. .