Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #121
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Keep them coming, Goran one was classic

" If I have son, just show Woodforde picture, you can't play tennis like him otherwise, man -- "

WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #122
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas Muster at the 94 US Open

THOMAS MUSTER

Q. Are you and the chair umpire on best of terms again?

THOMAS MUSTER: I don't have a problem with Richard. He just -- he doesn't see very well. That is his problem. That is the only thing. But we have heard it a few times before about him. That is his thing. He is a real nice guy, sometimes messes up, I mean...

Q. In other words, you have learned to love of Flushing Meadow; is that fair to say?

THOMAS MUSTER: Amazing, history about the city, everything, you know, I really learned a lot in Flushing. My English improved, I guess, everything. I know the Hamburger prizes, it is just fantastic -- No, I like the city. I like to stay here two weeks, but I am really happy to leave then.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #123

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

1995 US Open

Q. Thomas, have people told you that the way to play on hard court is to get to the net occasionally?

THOMAS MUSTER: If I win from the back why should I come in?

Q. Do you think there will ever be situations playing against certain players where you will find the need to come in?

THOMAS MUSTER: Yeah, maybe, because then I might do it. Yeah.

Q. I am just thinking back to when Lendl was playing and he had the same sense that he could break everybody down from the backcourt, and then I think later in his career he regretted that he didn't try to come in or work a little bit on that aspect of his game. Do you think --

THOMAS MUSTER: I am not 14 years old. I cannot change my game from one day to the other like that. I improved it a lot in the last years even on clay, so...

Q. Well, clay especially.

THOMAS MUSTER: Would you call Agassi a serve and volley player?

Q. No, but he comes in.

THOMAS MUSTER: To shake hands.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:21 PM   #124

More from Muster

Q. The last three French Opens have been won by you and Sergi who base their seasons around the French. Do you think that players who don't do that, who don't, you know, spend most of their time on clay could ever win the French again?

THOMAS MUSTER: It doesn't matter. I can graze somewhere; I can put grass in my living room; I can do whatever I want, I can play around grass and I don't think I am going to win Wimbledon. It is a matter of, I can hold cattle whatever, it is never going to work out. It is a question of your game and if you have the ability like maybe Andre has or Jim has or Pete has, I mean, or even Boris why shouldn't they win the French Open.

And everybody has to figure out for himself what is the most important thing how can win or how I can win the French Open, but we are clay court -- not clay court players, but we grown up or we grew up in Europe, we played on clay, and our technique is supposed to be like for clay court players, and that is why we like to play there. It is Bruguera or the Spanish or whatever, so it is the kind of tactic. It is not only preparation and -- it is not so easy. You come from hard courts or whatever and suddenly you have dirty socks and all this; you have to get used to all this. It is not easy.

Q. Thomas, you said criticism from fans or criticism from the media about you being No. 1 doesn't bother you because it means so much to you. What about criticism from your fellow players?

THOMAS MUSTER: I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit, honestly. Yeah, I don't care because I think I have been taking a lot in the last years and I don't care, you see, if I get injured tomorrow and I have to stop, for whatever reason, I have to say to myself I tried my best, and I did the best I could do and I was No. 1; I won the French. They were my main goals in my career, and whatever, put me in the grave and put the cap on; that is it, whatever. I will be happy, so that is the way it is. That is why I don't care.

Q. Whose tennis shoes are you wearing?

THOMAS MUSTER: My mother's.

Q. Where are they from?

THOMAS MUSTER: They are from 1942. She said bring them, they are good luck for you. Seriously. Why? Whose the company?

Q. Yes.

THOMAS MUSTER: That is Lotto. Put it in the camera

(lifting up foot and showing label).

Q. Are they helpful?

THOMAS MUSTER: Are you from Nike? (LAUGHTER).

Q. Are they comfortable and helpful to you in running around?

THOMAS MUSTER: I wear them day and night, great.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:29 PM   #125

Q. You want to talk about that about what he said (inaudible)?

THOMAS MUSTER: No, not really. Brad Gilbert keeps talking all day long anyway. He is like a radio, like, you know, nothing much talking because you don't even need a review of your play because he is going to comment on it I anyway. You just need to be in there.

Q. You said that he obviously played that well because he was playing you. Did you feel any extra pressure to beat him today because of everything --

THOMAS MUSTER: No, I was not supposed to win since I don't know how to play on hard court I am not supposed to win (LAUGHTER)

Q. What would it have meant to you if had you won today?

THOMAS MUSTER: That I would have to play tomorrow again.

Q. Nothing else?

THOMAS MUSTER: No, not really. I mean, it was a match and it would have given me extra points which would have been great and being in the finals here, but as I said, I have done good this week and I am happy the way I performed and I just played somebody who played better today.

Q. You are obviously being sarcastic about not being able to play on hard court?

THOMAS MUSTER: No, I am serious (LAUGHTER).
Old 09-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #126

Q. A couple of years Agassi and Sampras dominated the Open (inaudible)?

THOMAS MUSTER: (Inaudible) dominated the French. Well, as I said, Americans like to play in the states, they grew up on hardcourts, that's why they play better here. They probably dominate this tournament. In Europe it's a bit different in the last years, except Courier, Jim is probably one of the few guys who really enjoys playing Europe, too. So I don't know what's going to happen at the US Open this year because Agassi is still a question mark, Sampras hasn't really played as long as expected maybe, which, I don't know, we don't know why. Maybe he's still suffering a bit, you know, from the death of his coach, which is understandable, too. I don't know, you know, I can't speak for him. We really don't know because we have all different Grand Slam winners this year. Surprises actually, every Grand Slam win was a surprise. Becker wasn't expected to win -- wasn't supposed to be the winner at the Australian Open. I think it's going to be interesting Slam, the last one.

JOE LYNCH: He did beat Sampras in the semifinals in Essen on carpet.

THOMAS MUSTER: That's one thing that we have to say, how many Americans did really play well in Europe this year? And the other way around? It's kind of a problem you maybe have.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #127
country flag Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Rosset is Tall
More from Muster

Q. The last three French Opens have been won by you and Sergi who base their seasons around the French. Do you think that players who don't do that, who don't, you know, spend most of their time on clay could ever win the French again?

THOMAS MUSTER: It doesn't matter. I can graze somewhere; I can put grass in my living room; I can do whatever I want, I can play around grass and I don't think I am going to win Wimbledon. It is a matter of, I can hold cattle whatever, it is never going to work out. It is a question of your game and if you have the ability like maybe Andre has or Jim has or Pete has, I mean, or even Boris why shouldn't they win the French Open.

And everybody has to figure out for himself what is the most important thing how can win or how I can win the French Open, but we are clay court -- not clay court players, but we grown up or we grew up in Europe, we played on clay, and our technique is supposed to be like for clay court players, and that is why we like to play there. It is Bruguera or the Spanish or whatever, so it is the kind of tactic. It is not only preparation and -- it is not so easy. You come from hard courts or whatever and suddenly you have dirty socks and all this; you have to get used to all this. It is not easy.

Q. Thomas, you said criticism from fans or criticism from the media about you being No. 1 doesn't bother you because it means so much to you. What about criticism from your fellow players?

THOMAS MUSTER: I don't give a shit. I don't give a shit, honestly. Yeah, I don't care because I think I have been taking a lot in the last years and I don't care, you see, if I get injured tomorrow and I have to stop, for whatever reason, I have to say to myself I tried my best, and I did the best I could do and I was No. 1; I won the French. They were my main goals in my career, and whatever, put me in the grave and put the cap on; that is it, whatever. I will be happy, so that is the way it is. That is why I don't care.

Q. Whose tennis shoes are you wearing?

THOMAS MUSTER: My mother's.

Q. Where are they from?

THOMAS MUSTER: They are from 1942. She said bring them, they are good luck for you. Seriously. Why? Whose the company?

Q. Yes.

THOMAS MUSTER: That is Lotto. Put it in the camera

(lifting up foot and showing label).

Q. Are they helpful?

THOMAS MUSTER: Are you from Nike? (LAUGHTER).

Q. Are they comfortable and helpful to you in running around?

THOMAS MUSTER: I wear them day and night, great.
Richard Cranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:03 AM   #128
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

'I never wanted to be a spaceman'
September 7, 2004

Lleyton Hewitt has never pondered a life as an astronaut.

How do we know? Because he was asked that very question during a bizarre end to his post-match press conference at the US Open on Sunday night.

"What's your favourite movie about outer space and why is it your favourite?," an American reporter asked, prompting a bemused Hewitt to briefly turn interviewer. "What do you write about?" he asked. "I think you're at the wrong press conference."

"It's for Nickelodeon magazine. It's for their celebrity page. It's the space issue for February," the reporter responded.

"Yeah, I don't watch too many space movies," said Hewitt.

"Have you ever thought about being an astronaut?" she asked.

Hewitt replied: "No."

AAP
Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:24 AM   #129
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket
September 7, 2004

How do we know? Because he was asked that very question during a bizarre end to his post-match press conference at the US Open on Sunday night.

"What's your favourite movie about outer space and why is it your favourite?," an American reporter asked, prompting a bemused Hewitt to briefly turn interviewer. "What do you write about?" he asked. "I think you're at the wrong press conference."

"It's for Nickelodeon magazine. It's for their celebrity page. It's the space issue for February," the reporter responded.

AAP

PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:30 AM   #130
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket
September 7, 2004

AAP
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't believe these people are journalists!!!
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:38 AM   #131
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Rosset is Tall
More from Muster

PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:19 AM   #132
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Rios show these guys the true respect.

1999 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

M. RIOS/M. Damm

6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 5-7, 6-1

An interview with:

MARCELO RIOS

USTA: Questions.

Q. It was a tough match. What happened?

MARCELO RIOS: He played pretty good. I slowed down my game a little bit, but like I say, I'm not hitting very good the ball. He's played really nice to win like that.

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: What is that?

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't understand what you say.

Q. People you admired when you were growing up?

MARCELO RIOS: Nobody.

Q. What are your hobbies and interests?

MARCELO RIOS: Nothing.

Q. What is your greatest sports moment?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't remember, man.

Q. Come on.

MARCELO RIOS: What do you want me to tell you?

Q. Just answer the questions.

MARCELO RIOS: Don't ask me questions like that.

Q. What's your favorite movies?

MARCELO RIOS: (No response.)

Old 09-07-2004, 04:03 AM   #133
country flag Boludo

Boludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetlandsk
Q. Where are all these great Argentinian players coming from?

BENITO PEREZ-BARBADILLO: From Argentina, no (laughter)?
Simplicity itself.
Boludo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:39 AM   #134
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

comeon i mean some of these journalists....they can be a bunch of :retard:s
superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:51 AM   #135
country flag Boludo

Boludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura aboutBoludo has a spectacular aura about

Dominik Hrbaty after he beat Federer in Cincinatti.

Q. People wouldn't be surprised if Federer lost to Roddick or Henman or someone with a big name. How aware are you that people are going to probably say, "Dominik who?"

DOMINIK HRBATY: I don't think I am that unknown in tennis. I am there already for a couple of years. So I think for the past couple, I mean, maybe one or two years, I see that much more people recognize my name because they get used to me and to see me there. You know, if you see me, maybe if you see me first time, you don't remember my name because it's so hard to say or so tough to remember. But if you see, like, couple times a year, then you remember and they recognize it.
Boludo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote