Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #91
gaga learns to rock

gaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond reputegaga learns to rock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

03 TMS Madrid
Q. You didn't look happy at the end of the match. Do you think you should have done better? Were you satisfied with your match today?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah, I'm satisfied. Of course, I'm happy. But I'm like this. You know, I'm not smile guy all the time. But, of course, I'm pretty happy. Believe me…
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 06:25 AM   #92
country flag rassklovn

rassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to behold

This with David Nalbandian

Q. After the Masters Cup in Houston, when have you started preparing for the year 2004?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: When?

Q. Yeah.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: December.

Q. In December. You were about one month holidays?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, no, no, less. Little less. I finish it, I think, on 10 or 12 in Houston, of November.

Q. What's important during your training? What's important for you to eat? What are important things?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I think food is very important - very, very important, for recover your physic in December. And either way, in Australia, it's too hot so you have to be careful with everything.

Q. What are exactly important things do you eat?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I have to tell you (smiling)?

THE MODERATOR: Questions about the match first, if you don't mind.
rassklovn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #93
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaga learns to rock
I'm not smile guy all the time. But, of course, I'm pretty happy. Believe me…
Old 06-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #94
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Day 3 - Andy Roddick interview
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Q. We had so much sunshine for the last two weeks. Picks just before your match to start drizzling. How heavy did it get out there? How difficult was it?

ANDY RODDICK: It's also tough when we're sitting there for 45 minutes and they decide not to put a cover on the court, it's just raining there. That makes it really difficult, especially for me.

You know, I said at the beginning, I needed a hard court, you know. My balls just weren't -- they weren't penetrating through the court today. He hit some great shots and he was retrieving really well. That made it even tougher.

Q. Any sympathy for Sampras there playing in that condition on that court?

ANDY RODDICK: It's tough to have sympathy for someone with 14 Grand Slam titles.

Q. Taking a loss like this at a Slam, does it stay with you for days, weeks, hours? Is it something you're able to put behind you? You've had a little experience with it, of course.

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, uhm.

Q. I'm serious.

ANDY RODDICK: I am, too.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:43 AM   #95
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Day 4 - Roger Federer interview
Thursday, May 27, 2004

Q. Different from tennis, I know you enjoy football. Did you see champions league final?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn't see it, no.

Q. You know the result?

ROGER FEDERER: I do.

Q. Any comments on Porto?

ROGER FEDERER: The reason I didn't watch it, because I was not very interested in it, so... (laughter).

So, if Porto or Monaco wins, it doesn't really change my life, so...

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #96
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Day 5 - Guillermo Coria interview
Friday, May 28, 2004

Q. Will you go to the movies?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, on DVD. I've seen a number of films, but I don't remember which ones.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #97
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Q. Logistic point of view. When you book into a hotel for a Grand Slam, do you always book in all the way through the fortnight?

TIM HENMAN: That's a good question (smiling). I don't book it. Yeah, I think we're all right. Normally, you make sure that you're booking in for a good period of time. But, you know, I spent plenty of weekends in Paris, i.e., the weekend before, but not the middle weekend (laughter).

So, yeah, I'm enjoying myself, I'm playing well. You know, it's good. It's another positive. You know, to have been in the third round four times before, and now to have got through to the fourth round, that's a positive. Why stop there. I feel good about my game and we'll keep seeing what damage I can do.

Q. Did your grandfather Billington serve and volley on clay?

TIM HENMAN: I don't know.

Q. Because he got to the fourth round.

TIM HENMAN: Did he?

Q. In '39.

TIM HENMAN: Did he really? I didn't know that.

Q. In fact, in '39, the fourth round was the quarterfinals. JP was there. JP told me he was there.

TIM HENMAN: Yeah (laughter).

Q. He beat a guy, a Hungarian who later on in '47 won the title here.

TIM HENMAN: Did he really?

Q. Yeah.

TIM HENMAN: I'm feeling the pressure already (smiling).

Yeah, I honestly didn't know that. I know he made third round of Wimbledon a few times, but I didn't know that he had such clay court prowess.

Q. Success runs in the family.

TIM HENMAN: Absolutely. I hope that I can surpass that, beat that.

Q. Do you think there will be people back in England that will be worrying actually because you're doing so well here, and they're concerned about Wimbledon basically? >

TIM HENMAN: Probably, yeah, probably (smiling).

Q. But you're not thinking that way at all, obviously?

TIM HENMAN: No, no, no. No, I don't think you -- you can never complain about winning. Certainly, you know, we're talking about a Grand Slam here. I think the way that I adapt and the way that I feel on a grass court, it doesn't take me too long to feel pretty comfortable.

I'm happy to stay as long as I can here, as long as my hotel will have me (smiling).

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-02-2004, 12:19 PM   #98
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

remember 1 year rosset lost in the 1st round at the us open, but missed his flight home because he wanted to stay and practise

the plane he woulda been on crashed and everyone on it was killed, 1998 i think.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #99
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Q. Do you feel being a left-hander that you have more chances against right-handed players?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't know. I can't tell you that. Maybe. Maybe, but I don't know. I think we have the same chance.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #100
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. Do you feel being a left-hander that you have more chances against right-handed players?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't know. I can't tell you that. Maybe. Maybe, but I don't know. I think we have the same chance.

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #101
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Q. Logistic point of view. When you book into a hotel for a Grand Slam, do you always book in all the way through the fortnight?

TIM HENMAN: That's a good question (smiling). I don't book it. Yeah, I think we're all right. Normally, you make sure that you're booking in for a good period of time. But, you know, I spent plenty of weekends in Paris, i.e., the weekend before, but not the middle weekend (laughter).

So, yeah, I'm enjoying myself, I'm playing well. You know, it's good. It's another positive. You know, to have been in the third round four times before, and now to have got through to the fourth round, that's a positive. Why stop there. I feel good about my game and we'll keep seeing what damage I can do.

Q. Did your grandfather Billington serve and volley on clay?

TIM HENMAN: I don't know.

Q. Because he got to the fourth round.

TIM HENMAN: Did he?

Q. In '39.

TIM HENMAN: Did he really? I didn't know that.

Q. In fact, in '39, the fourth round was the quarterfinals. JP was there. JP told me he was there.

TIM HENMAN: Yeah (laughter).

Q. He beat a guy, a Hungarian who later on in '47 won the title here.

TIM HENMAN: Did he really?

Q. Yeah.

TIM HENMAN: I'm feeling the pressure already (smiling).

Yeah, I honestly didn't know that. I know he made third round of Wimbledon a few times, but I didn't know that he had such clay court prowess.

Q. Success runs in the family.

TIM HENMAN: Absolutely. I hope that I can surpass that, beat that.

Q. Do you think there will be people back in England that will be worrying actually because you're doing so well here, and they're concerned about Wimbledon basically? >

TIM HENMAN: Probably, yeah, probably (smiling).

Q. But you're not thinking that way at all, obviously?

TIM HENMAN: No, no, no. No, I don't think you -- you can never complain about winning. Certainly, you know, we're talking about a Grand Slam here. I think the way that I adapt and the way that I feel on a grass court, it doesn't take me too long to feel pretty comfortable.

I'm happy to stay as long as I can here, as long as my hotel will have me (smiling).

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #102
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Q. You have a lot of Goran's mannerisms. Have you been around him long enough to start acting like Goran, Jr.

MARIO ANCIC: No, Goran is Goran. Not me. I just knew him for a long time. We are from Split; we are typical. So it's maybe some other guys in 20 years are gonna come maybe the same. That's our character. We are all not too much difference, with our temperament.

Q. Last year Goran thrilled us explaining that he had three different personalties. Will you be able to thrill us this year? Do you have three different personalties, please?

MARIO ANCIC: I'm still one (laughing). No, he's unique.
PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #103
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

H. ARAZI/M. Philippoussis
6-2, 6-2, 6-4

HICHAM ARAZI

Q. So sorry you have ruined Australia Day beating Philippoussis today.

HICHAM ARAZI: Sorry (smiling).

Q. Did it hurt when he hit you in the head?

HICHAM ARAZI: No, no, no. No, no, no. I just (ducked). I was scared a little bit because he's hitting pretty hard. But no.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #104
country flag PerezRoldan

Q. What is your goal here in Hamburg right now?

HICHAM ARAZI: My goal is Alberto Martin, I think he won. I have to play him, this match tomorrow, and we will see.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #105
country flag PerezRoldan

THE LIPTON CHAMPIONSHIPS'95

Key Biscayne, FL

March 19, 1995

K. BRAASCH/S. Edberg

6-3, 7-6 (1)

AN INTERVIEW WITH KARSTEN BRAASCH

Q. Did you realize immediately that there was a chance to do it at the beginning of the match?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: I knew it even when even before I went out on court because I played him two years ago and there I thought I had a chance and I am playing better than I did two years ago, so I knew I have a good chance.

Q. Karsten, your mechanics are so much different from other players. Where did you learn the unusual mechanics of your service motion, for example?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: I don't know. It just developed. I don't think anybody told me to serve that way or anything like it. It is just normal development. I mean, I got taught tennis the way probably everybody got taught tennis and it is just normal development. I mean, Edberg is playing different from Becker, from Stich, from me, from anybody. You will never find two guys who serve the same.

Q. Well, definitely won't find another person that serves like you do. Have coaches tried to coach you out of that serve into a more traditional looking serve?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: No, because I was serving pretty well all the time and so nobody tried to change it. As long as it is working, there is no need to change.

Q. Stefan was in here a few moments ago described your game as "weird." Is that an insult or is that a compliment even?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: You got to ask Stefan that. I mean, for me it doesn't matter as long as I win.

Q. When you came into this tournament last year, your ranking had gone to in the '30s, I guess you were playing well?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: 47, 48 I was last year.

Q. What has happened in the last year that your ranking has gone down?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: Just couldn't defend the points I did beginning of last year and that is why my ranking dropped. I didn't play well. That is why you lose points; that is why your ranking is dropping; simple as that.

Q. Are these weather conditions made for your game, the slice, the spin, the short angles, the lobs?

KARSTEN BRAASCH: I don't know. I mean, I can play under every weather condition, so it doesn't make a difference to me whether it is raining or snowing or sunshine out there