Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #16
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

thanks for the stories

please some more Marc and Marat

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2003, 06:19 AM   #17
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

A few more Rosset stories two of these you may have heard about already.

At the London indoors Rosset and Kafelnikov were playing. Rosset said to Kafelnikov "you are just an idiot." "I think he really wanted to beat me badly because of my record over him," Rosset said afterwards. "You can be number one or the best player in the world but you can still lose sometimes. I think maybe he should learn some humility." Rosset said he was annoyed that Kafelnikov was smiling so much near the end of the match, as though he was not taking his opponent seriously.

Last year Rosset was robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight by a man who took his car and cellular phone and left the player unharmed Sept. 3 in Geneva, Switzerland. Rosset's Audi RS4 was found two hours later, out of gas, on a freeway in France.

On Pete Sampras; Marc Rosset: ... if you look at the men, Pete Sampras, for example, wouldn't have time to go shopping or sightseeing if he wants to stay number one..."

Last edited by Action Jackson : 07-17-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:50 AM   #18
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Lol thanks for sharing
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #19
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

lol @ the stories

Marc is some cool guy
Old 11-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #20
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

thanks George

Forgive me for my curiosity, but how come you know all this and get to see Marc so often?

Old 11-23-2003, 04:05 AM   #21
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Posted by Ilhame
If I told you my sources, I would have to kill you.
Hahahahahahaha
Old 11-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #22
country flag maratski

send me a pm then I promise i won't tell anyone

Old 04-15-2004, 03:18 AM   #23
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I have decided to revive this thread as there are many examples of tennis journalists stupidity that I am going to paste here.

TMS Miami 2004
Melzer d. Henman 7-6, 7-6

Q. That lob.

TIM HENMAN: Hmm (smiling). You didn't see the lob in the first game, did you? Did you see the lob in the first game of the match?

Q. No, I didn't see the first game.

TIM HENMAN: I knew it was going to be a long day after that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2004, 03:20 AM   #24
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Some more great quotes from Marc Rosset.

1996 COMPAQ GRAND SLAM CUP
MUNICH, GERMANY

December 3, 1996

J. COURIER/M. Rosset 7-5, 6-2

AN INTERVIEW WITH: MARC ROSSET

Q. Grand Slam Cup, what does it mean to you?

MARC ROSSET: Every match I think -- you journalists seem to believe I can win each and every match, but then I would be No. 1. He was very good today, Courier. I made a number of doublefaults. So I can't win with such a bad serve. My serve was lousy today.

Or this one.

1995 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
August 31, 1995

M. ROSSET/P. Rafter 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 6-2

AN INTERVIEW WITH MARC ROSSET

Q. Marc, you have had a very good career obviously and not much success in the Majors. I just wondered if you had any thoughts on some reasons; and I know there has been some injuries and stuff?

MARC ROSSET: I mean, I am asked the question four times a year, why I don't play well in the Slams. You know, when I going to find the key or why I don't play so well, I am going to have a big press conference and tell the press why. Right now, I don't know why. If I knew, I would play better, but I don't know why.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2004, 03:34 AM   #25
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here is one with Marcelo Rios

1999 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

September 6, 1999

N. ESCUDE/M. Rios

6-2, 6-3, 7-5

Q. Were you impressed by the way he held onto the match at the end? It was also tiring?

MARCELO RIOS: He was going for his shot. I don't think he have a plan of a game like he go there and he know what he's doing. I think he just go on and pick winners, pick serves. I think they go in. He play good. If they don't go in, I think he have a nice try to play better.

Q. Why do you change shoes so much?

MARCELO RIOS: They broke a little, a little in the bottom, and I had a little bit trouble. But that's the only reason I change.

Q. Did you change four times?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't know. I didn't count.

Q. Do you see Escude as being a player that's on a hot streak right now? Do you think he has a shot against Andre Agassi?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't think so. I think Andre won't have any trouble to beat him.

Q. Today, was this a case of he was just on top of his game or you were just ill-prepared? Was it the injury that plagued you?

MARCELO RIOS: Like I said, I got tired. He played much better in important moments. But just one match.

Q. Do you enjoy being a touring pro? Do you like your life in tennis?

MARCELO RIOS: If I didn't like it, I would not be here.

Q. What do you like about it?

MARCELO RIOS: I think I like to win. I like to play tournaments and do good.

Q. What's your favorite tournament to play? Your favorite site?

MARCELO RIOS: Playing back home in Chile.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 04-15-2004 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:40 AM   #26
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Rios show these guys the true respect.

1999 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

M. RIOS/M. Damm

6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 5-7, 6-1

An interview with:

MARCELO RIOS

USTA: Questions.

Q. It was a tough match. What happened?

MARCELO RIOS: He played pretty good. I slowed down my game a little bit, but like I say, I'm not hitting very good the ball. He's played really nice to win like that.

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: What is that?

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't understand what you say.

Q. People you admired when you were growing up?

MARCELO RIOS: Nobody.

Q. What are your hobbies and interests?

MARCELO RIOS: Nothing.

Q. What is your greatest sports moment?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't remember, man.

Q. Come on.

MARCELO RIOS: What do you want me to tell you?

Q. Just answer the questions.

MARCELO RIOS: Don't ask me questions like that.

Q. What's your favorite movies?

MARCELO RIOS: (No response.)

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2004, 03:46 AM   #27
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

lol that interview with rios would be funny to watch
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:47 AM   #28
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Now I understand why he got along with the Swedes, they wanted to be like him.
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:51 AM   #29
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
lol that interview with rios would be funny to watch
I would have paid money to see that. I am going to go the archives and see if I can anymore brilliant stuff. I know Volkov had a few, but Medvedev would have to be a special for some witty remarks.

Aphex, the Swedes wanted to be like Rios? The reporters dream.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2004, 03:55 AM   #30
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

LOL@ Rios!

He's not a sentimental type of guy.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote