Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #196
country flag Peoples
Registered User
 
Peoples's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,294
Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Q. Do you wonder why you don't more often play to that kind of standard?

IRAKLI LABADZE: Why I don't play more often like that?

Q. Yes.

IRAKLI LABADZE: Because I'm Georgian (smiling).
What was that
Peoples is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #197
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 28
Posts: 72,733
CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Q. Do you wonder why you don't more often play to that kind of standard?

IRAKLI LABADZE: Why I don't play more often like that?

Q. Yes.

IRAKLI LABADZE: Because I'm Georgian (smiling).
__________________
BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:42 PM   #198
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Irakli love the work man. More from the Irakli Labadze.

Q. There was one point in the first set when you picked up something on the court, placed it on your racquet, took it over to the sidelines and deposited it. What was that?

IRAKLI LABADZE: It was elephant (laughter). No, a small butterfly.

Q. Was it living?

IRAKLI LABADZE: Yes, yes.

Q. Give me a lesson in geography. My thinking of Georgia is that it is a state in Russia just as California is a state in the United States. But that's wrong.

IRAKLI LABADZE: That's wrong. That's very, very wrong.

Q. It's an independent country?

IRAKLI LABADZE: It's an independent country since '91. Before '91 was pretty much the same. '91, I think 15 or 16 countries got separated.

Q. When you tell people in this country you're from Georgia, do they say, "Oh, Atlanta?"

IRAKLI LABADZE: A lot of times. Once I was in Washington three years ago, the taxi driver asked me, "Where are you from?" I said, "Georgia." He said, "You don't have the Georgia accent." I said, "Georgia, not American."
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #199
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 43
Posts: 36,083
sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Q. When you tell people in this country you're from Georgia, do they say, "Oh, Atlanta?"

IRAKLI LABADZE: A lot of times. Once I was in Washington three years ago, the taxi driver asked me, "Where are you from?" I said, "Georgia." He said, "You don't have the Georgia accent." I said, "Georgia, not American."
__________________
Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #200
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Q. You just won $106,240.

IRAKLI LABADZE: Man, I'm going to go ride in my car (smiling).

Q. What is the previous highest purse you have won?

IRAKLI LABADZE: Me?

Q. Yes.

IRAKLI LABADZE: I don't know, six and a half dollars (smiling). I don't know. I think my biggest check I got was $24,000 US.

Q. Where was that?

IRAKLI LABADZE: It was in St. Petersburg. I lost first round singles, final doubles.

Q. Where was that again?

IRAKLI LABADZE: St. Petersburg, Russia.

THE MODERATOR: That was a combined singles and doubles paycheck.

Q. There was a point in the first set where I thought I saw you climb up the umpire's chair and say something in his microphone.

IRAKLI LABADZE: He turned the microphone off. Can you believe this? It's unbelievable. He gave me a code violation because I kicked the ball out. I don't know what happened. I was complaining because the ball boy, when he took the balls, he was running back to his place. When I toss the ball, the chair umpire usually has to say, "No, wait, stop." It was two times he didn't say nothing. I saw with one eye. Then I stopped. When you do this, your concentration -- you lose concentration a little bit. That's why I throw the ball out when I lost the game. I told chair umpire, "You have to do this." He gave me the code violation. So I took the microphone and I wanted to say, "Code violation to you." The problem between my code violation and his code violation is that we get fined, he don't get fined. That's the difference.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:00 PM   #201
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

2004 US OPEN – A USTA EVENT
NEW YORK CITY

September 2, 2004

S. SARGSIAN/N. Massu
6-7, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6, 6-4

NICOLAS MASSU

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Nicolas.

Q. Can you tell us exactly what happened, what is your argument with Stefan?

NICOLAS MASSU: I lost the match and I feel so pissed about that. I can't believe that I lost.

Q. But is it because you were complaining about the decision from the chair umpire?

NICOLAS MASSU: Before I lost the match, because I have a lot of chances, and I didn't make it.

Q. But not because you had the penalty against you?

NICOLAS MASSU: I going to speak about that, but I can't believe they -- what happened in the court. Is too much. Is too much in five hours to believe everything, to fight, to arrive to the locker, to accept that you lost the match. Is difficult for us, for me.

Q. Is it because you lost the match or because you had a violation?

NICOLAS MASSU: No, everything. Everything. Is hard to accept that you lost. I feel so bad now. I can't believe that I lost the match. I don't know.

Q. Can you tell us about the violations, what happened?

NICOLAS MASSU: Which violations?

Q. Well, there must have been three because you got a one-game penalty.

NICOLAS MASSU: Yeah, the first two was okay.

Q. You hit the racquet, violation.

NICOLAS MASSU: Yeah, I know that I have to -- the first two warnings was okay, nothing to say. But the third one, I can't believe. I can't believe.

Q. What do you think happened?

NICOLAS MASSU: I don't know. You have to ask the umpire. But I can't believe. I can't believe that. I didn't lost the match because that, but is hard to believe that this guy didn't use the head a little bit, the mind. I can't believe. I have nothing to say about the first two warnings. You know, I don't know.

Q. But you threw the racquet down.

NICOLAS MASSU: Yeah, but normally all the players throw the racquet.

Q. It didn't break?

NICOLAS MASSU: Which one?

Q. On the third.

NICOLAS MASSU: I just threw like this.

Q. So for you it's not a violation?

NICOLAS MASSU: The first two, yes, but the third one, no. I didn't lost the match because that.

Q. Why do you think you lost the match?

NICOLAS MASSU: I lost.

Q. Have you been speaking to tournament officials for the last hour?

NICOLAS MASSU: When?

Q. Have you been having a discussion with one of the referees?

NICOLAS MASSU: After the match?

Q. Yes.

NICOLAS MASSU: Yes.

Q. And what was the discussion about?

NICOLAS MASSU: That I play for five hours, I fight a lot, and this guy come here, put me two, three warnings. I accept the two first. If I have to pay something, I pay, no problem. But the third one is unbelievable for the people. Five hours play. I threw the racquet like this, warning, game, break of serve. Is unbelievable. I can't believe this. The other day, I come here to the ceremony at 8:00. I have to wait all the day here. The next day, I play first match. I ask the guy from the ITF or ATP, I say, "Why I have to come here at 8:00 and I have to play the first match on the next day?" He say, "Well, we forgot. We forgot. Sorry." What sorry? If I lost, what sorry?

Q. So you had some concerns about the tournament not only regarding your match today?

NICOLAS MASSU: I lost because my mistake. But this umpire have not to umpire anymore. This guy's unbelievable.

Q. Did you ask for that umpire not to be umpiring again?

NICOLAS MASSU: He never going to umpire me again.

Q. You got that guarantee tonight?

NICOLAS MASSU: No, no. I say this.

Q. You can't say that.

NICOLAS MASSU: What do you think about the match? You asking me a lot. You saw the match?

Q. Yes.

NICOLAS MASSU: What do you think about? Was okay or not?

Q. It's a code violation but if you throw the racquet, I think the referee came too, yes, Alan Mills.

NICOLAS MASSU: That's okay.

Q. But Ramos, if he's in the chair, he's in the chair, you have to play.

NICOLAS MASSU: Yes. But you ask me a lot of this. I lost the match, my mistake. It's okay. I tell you like five times. My mistake. I didn't lost the match because Carlos Ramos is umpire. I lost the match, my mistake. But you asking me a lot of this guy.

Q. I want to ask you what can you say to Stefan about this match?

NICOLAS MASSU: I speak with him, and tomorrow is the next day, we talk tomorrow; not today.

Q. You had big problems with your backhand in the fifth set.

NICOLAS MASSU: I have problem with all my game today.

Q. But Sargsian played everything to your backhand and you made a lot of mistakes there.

NICOLAS MASSU: I have to work about that. I didn't play good today.

Q. Do you think the Olympics took out of you a lot of emotion, energy?

NICOLAS MASSU: No, no. Today I lost because I play bad. He play better than me. I have nothing to say. I didn't play good. I play five hours. I was waiting to play good, and I play bad. He played better. I have nothing to say.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:22 PM   #202
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

UNITED STATES TENNIS ASSOCIATION

1993 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York, NY

T. MUSTER/B. Gilbert

6-2, 7-5, 6-7 (5), 6-2

AN INTERVIEW WITH THOMAS MUSTER

Q. Thomas, at 3-3 in the middle of the third set tiebreaker in a round of 16 match at a Grand Slam, do you think it is inappropriate in any way to walk over the net?

THOMAS MUSTER: Why not?

Q. Do you think in any way it is show boating?

THOMAS MUSTER: Why not? I can cross the net however I want. I can walk around or cross it like I did. Who cares? If I feel like doing it, why not? It doesn't matter.

Q. It didn't seem like you two liked each other on the court. Was that just a perception or did that seem...

THOMAS MUSTER: Just have to read Brad Gilbert's book then you know everything. You need to read his book, then you know everything.

Q. What do you mean by that, what parts of his book?

THOMAS MUSTER: Well, just certain parts.

Q. Something he said about you?

THOMAS MUSTER: No. No. I just -- in particular, I mean, he is a kind of person I don't like and not many people like, so it doesn't matter.

Q. Is it true there were some altercations in San Francisco at one time?

THOMAS MUSTER: Never played in San Francisco, never been there.

Q. Brad Gilbert has said that your grunt on the court was a false grunt. Could you respond to that?

THOMAS MUSTER: No. I mean, it is his problem. He has to get away with it. I mean --

RICHARD FINN: Thomas, can you talk a little bit about the match; what turned around the match. I want it on the record.

THOMAS MUSTER: Nobody ask that.

RICHARD FINN: I just want it to be on the record so anybody upstairs and the writers that aren't here right now, talk a little bit about the match then being in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #203
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Not exactly stupid journalism but funny in its own way.

Marc Rosset after to losing to Bernd Karbacher.

Q. Did he do anything differently in the fourth and fifth set or was it your fault?

MARC ROSSET: Sorry?

Q. Changing of the match after you led 2-1, what went differently after that? Did he pick up his game or did you let down?

MARC ROSSET: I don't know. I really -- I have no idea about this match. I have nothing to say because I play five sets and I feel exactly like if he was just practicing half hour and go off the court.

Q. Why do you think that?

MARC ROSSET: Because there was like no rallies at all, and every time I tried to read the forehand -- I don't know, it was like a day where I have no feelings, so it is just like if I go out of the court and even if I win this match, it is the same for me. It is like if I -- I didn't play today.

Q. How soon in the match did that feeling start to grow? Was it right a way?

MARC ROSSET: After the first point.

Q. So it was more the mood you went onto the court than how he played?

MARC ROSSET: The match today was like I ace, win or serve then the guy -- I return, he tried for winner, I miss. That is it. It was that for five sets, and I was leading two sets to love because maybe he miss a little bit more, and when he start to miss less, then I lost. So for me it was no fun. Not because I lost, but because it was nothing.

Q. Is he sort of an unorthodox type of player? Is he a different sort of player to boost the people?

MARC ROSSET: I have nothing to say about his game. He can play the way he want, but for me you know, sometimes you play a match and you win; you have no feeling; you go on the court and you feel like you didn't play a match. So for me, I have this feeling right now.

Q. Have you ever had that feeling after playing five sets? That is a long time to be out on the court.

MARC ROSSET: When you play like five sets you play three hours at least. We play five sets and we play less than three hours, I mean, I am even not tired, you know, I can play five more sets, and so it is strange.

Q. Do you think this this match today was a reason maybe why tennis should be changed; why the game is all serve?

MARC ROSSET: No, maybe -- I don't know. I don't know. It is not my you know, I am not thinking about that. I just tried to concentrate to play tennis and but I am sure that maybe for the people today was no fun to see this match.


The response.

Q. Rosset came in here the other day and said what you play isn't tennis. He didn't say what it was, but how do you react to somebody saying that?

BERND KARBACHER: What did he say?

Q. He said what you play isn't tennis.

BERND KARBACHER: What is that?

Q. I don't know, he didn't say. I thought maybe you would tell us.

BERND KARBACHER: I don't know. I mean, if he said that then -- I think I can answer the same thing because he is serving and that is it; he is playing service and forehand, nothing else. Maybe I played too good for him or he was disappointed, I don't know.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #204
country flag Dirk
Registered User
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,934
Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

That Muster interview is great.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #205
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
That Muster interview is great.
Everyone knows Gilbert is a prick, it was just Muster explained it so well.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #206
country flag Dirk
Registered User
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,934
Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

The best part was the moderator trying to get off that topic and muster said nobody asked about the match.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:12 PM   #207
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Labadze has had a few good hits as well, especially with the Atlanta comment.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #208
country flag Dirk
Registered User
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,934
Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Yeah poor guy. I wish you could dig up some Kafel interviews.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:18 PM   #209
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,482
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
I thought you would like that.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:21 PM   #210
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 28
Posts: 72,733
CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
RICHARD FINN: Thomas, can you talk a little bit about the match; what turned around the match. I want it on the record.

THOMAS MUSTER: Nobody ask that.

RICHARD FINN: I just want it to be on the record so anybody upstairs and the writers that aren't here right now, talk a little bit about the match then being in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open.
__________________
BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios