Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #181
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

AO 05, after QF against Agassi:

Q. You seem to be a silent man on court. Do you listen to Andreas Vollenweider, famous Swiss musician?

ROGER FEDERER: Who?

Q. Do you listen to Andreas Vollenweider?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I don't. I never heard of him. I'm an international man. I like Switzerland, but...
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #182
country flag wipeout

wipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond repute

Andreas Vollenweider? I love the astronaut question Hewitt got asked a while back as well.

Maybe also the journalists should be drug tested.
wipeout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #183
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipeout
Andreas Vollenweider? I love the astronaut question Hewitt got asked a while back as well.

Maybe also the journalists should be drug tested.
I agree...
I understand why Roger doesn't know the guy, look at him:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andreas_Vollenweider_03_50.jpg (12.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 03-25-2005, 04:45 AM   #184
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

From Nasdaq : http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComu...id=54299&src=0

Q. I'm working on a story about Joachim Johansson. Have you ever played him?
GUILLERMO CORIA: No.

Q. Never?
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:54 AM   #185
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkman_Girl

Q. Never?
Coria gets a few of these, the poor guy.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:16 AM   #186
country flag Carolinita

Carolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond reputeCarolinita has a reputation beyond repute

Q. Should the No. 1 rivalry in men's tennis become you and Roger , do you think the American people would accept that and embrace it, because there wouldn't be an American involved? What do you think about that? ...(once)

MARAT SAFIN: Why? Roddick is there.

Q. But he wouldn't be involved in it. It would be you and Roger . You'd be the two big guys.... (twice)

MARAT SAFIN: Well, thank you very much for the compliment. But still, you know, is like another top players that they won't let me do this. And also Roger , being in the top of the game, because they want to be also there, because it's the real sweet spot. Everybody wants to get there.

And I think Roddick , he has the potential to be there. That's why he changed the coach. I think he's doing pretty well. He's really, really dangerous at any surfaces. So won't be so easy, unfortunately.

Q. But he wouldn't be involved in this scenario that I just created. It would be you and Roger . ...(Three times)

MARAT SAFIN: I'm satisfied with that. For me, it's fine.

Q. Do you think the American people would be satisfied with it, to have a leading rivalry without an American ? ... (Four times!!!)

MARAT SAFIN: I have a lot of Russians behind me.

...Can journalist ask four times followed the same stupidity?...well, yes!!! he can...

Last edited by Carolinita : 03-25-2005 at 05:26 AM.
Carolinita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:26 AM   #187
country flag hablovah19

hablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond reputehablovah19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinita
Q. Should the No. 1 rivalry in men's tennis become you and Roger , do you think the American people would accept that and embrace it, because there wouldn't be an American involved? What do you think about that? ...(once)

MARAT SAFIN: Why? Roddick is there.

Q. But he wouldn't be involved in it. It would be you and Roger . You'd be the two big guys.... (twice)

MARAT SAFIN: Well, thank you very much for the compliment. But still, you know, is like another top players that they won't let me do this. And also Roger , being in the top of the game, because they want to be also there, because it's the real sweet spot. Everybody wants to get there.

And I think Roddick , he has the potential to be there. That's why he changed the coach. I think he's doing pretty well. He's really, really dangerous at any surfaces. So won't be so easy, unfortunately.

Q. But he wouldn't be involved in this scenario that I just created. It would be you and Roger . ...(Three times)

MARAT SAFIN: I'm satisfied with that. For me, it's fine.

Q. Do you think the American people would be satisfied with it, to have a leading rivalry without an American ? ... (Four times!!!)

MARAT SAFIN: I have a lot of Russians behind me.

...Can journalist ask four times followed the same stupidity?...well, he can...
Love the way Safin doesn't say what they want to hear! LOL
hablovah19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #188
country flag Peoples

Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute

This is really a highlight of stupid journalism, Carolinita. Wow, to ask a rhetorical question 4 times and still not get an answer to his further embarassment himself is incredible. Marat immediately heard it was a stupid question and did a good job with the answers
Peoples is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #189
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkman_Girl

Q. Never?
Should they have asked RODDICK this question? DUHHHH.....
Old 03-26-2005, 01:50 AM   #190
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

F. VERDASCO/A. Roddick
7-6, 4-3 (ret.)

An interview with: ANDY RODDICK

Q. Andy, what have you done?

ANDY RODDICK: I guess a light sprain of the wrist. It was late in the first set. I think it was 5‑All, me serving, up 40‑Love. He hit a return really deep, I kind of did one of these real quick and just caught something the wrong way, just jammed it a little bit.

You know, I have decent strength and I can squeeze it, so that's a very good sign. It's just that when ‑‑ my up and down. So in case you weren't watching, kick serves were a bit of a struggle and, you know, kind of really getting over a forehand was a little bit of a struggle.

But trying to hit flat and hitting my flat serve was okay but you're only going to go so far with that without a second serve and kind of a forehand you can really come over.

Q. Left wrist?

ANDY RODDICK: Right.

Q. Right wrist?

ANDY RODDICK: Left wrist wouldn't really affect my serve.

Más vale mańa que fuerza -- proverbio espańol
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:41 AM   #191
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhubert
AO 05, after QF against Agassi:

Q. You seem to be a silent man on court. Do you listen to Andreas Vollenweider, famous Swiss musician?

ROGER FEDERER: Who?

Q. Do you listen to Andreas Vollenweider?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I don't. I never heard of him. I'm an international man. I like Switzerland, but...

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:53 AM   #192
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

That Roddick wrist question was classic. Yet another part-time tennis writer

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 AM   #193
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Q. There's no secret there's a big sports rivalry between Russia and Finland, especially in ice hockey. Do you think that gave him a little extra motivation?
MARAT SAFIN: Not really. Not really. Not really.
Q. You don't get up more to play the Finns?
MARAT SAFIN: No, because I don't really follow hockey. You know, I respect all the players. I know a lot of players from the hockey, but I'm not really a big fan of it. For some reason, you know, because probably I left Russia a long, long time ago, and I spend a lot of years in Spain, which is a country where the hockey doesn't exist. When I came back, I'm not playing myself. I forgot how to play hockey, so I'm not following it.
Q. I'm speaking in general terms.
MARAT SAFIN: I don't really care. I don't really care.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:34 AM   #194
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Marat gets all the fools doesn't he?

Miami seems to be a haven for stupid journalism.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #195
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Q. Do you wonder why you don't more often play to that kind of standard?

IRAKLI LABADZE: Why I don't play more often like that?

Q. Yes.

IRAKLI LABADZE: Because I'm Georgian (smiling).

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1