Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2004, 03:26 AM   #166
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

UNITED STATES TENNIS ASSOCIATION

1997 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

August 27, 1997

T. HENMAN/T. Muster

6-3, 7-6(3), 4-6, 6-4

An interview with:THOMAS MUSTER

Q. You have had a good run up to the Open yourself, you must be pretty disappointed to lose so early?

THOMAS MUSTER: Well, it is disappointing, but it is no shame to lose to someone like Tim Henman. We will see how he continues. If he keeps playing and serving the way he played today, he has good chances to win. I don't know who won -- Wayne Ferreira, probably, so I think his chances are there. So, it is a tough section anyway that -- that we are all in.

Q. There seems to be quite a good spirit, Thomas, on the court between you and--

THOMAS MUSTER: Well, we get along very well. I mean, I think he is a very nice guy and also, I mean, his coach has just been voted onto the board and we are just, Tim and myself, are on the ATP constantly, so we have quite a few things to do together. He is a good spirit and he is good for the game, I think.

Q. Have you ever chased anybody off the court before?

THOMAS MUSTER: That was more like fun. Well, that just -- you know, situation that is happen on the court and I just a bit of fun too, sometimes.

Q. Would you have done the same thing last year or is it something this year that are lighthearted?

THOMAS MUSTER: That was the only thing I was looking forward to the beginning of the year, just to be like that at the Open. (laughter).

Q. How did you like the new stadium?

THOMAS MUSTER: It is very good and I think the people in the last row must be very pleased. (laughter).

Q. What is the difference between the Muster of few years ago and when you were on top of the world and now?

THOMAS MUSTER: I don't know. Less hair, bigger bank account, I don't know. (laughter) I don't know.

Q. Did you get your pilot's license? Were you successful with your pilot's license?

THOMAS MUSTER: Yes. That was something I was successful at.

Q. Thomas, in Chile today they announced that you play against Marcelo Rios probably after the end of the U.S. Open, is it true?

THOMAS MUSTER: Yes.

Q. So you will go there?

THOMAS MUSTER: Well, if it is true and it obviously --

Q. Yeah, but you say yes, probably.

THOMAS MUSTER: Yeah, but today it is not probably. It is yes.

Q. About the doping question, do you feel that the controls are strong enough in tennis or not?

THOMAS MUSTER: Well, from my side I have been tested several times, on-court, off-court, during practice, I don't know how many times. But, in my career I have been tested probably, I don't know, 15 times. It just --

Q. Why?

THOMAS MUSTER: Somebody just --

Q. Why? Is that an invasion of privacy this constant testing?

THOMAS MUSTER: I don't know, somebody dislikes my style of play. I don't know. Somebody has a problem with my attitude on-court. I don't know what is the problem. But, I just -- I think that the doping program is very consequent. They do it really in a good way and it is good that it is done because I am somebody who is really against this and I think tennis should be a fair sport and there shouldn't be any drugs at all. That is just the way it is. I think it should be based on a fair level. I am somebody who really protects that and I am strong for the controls and I don't know why somebody has a problem or is always taking my name. I mean, --

Q. Do you feel like a bit of a target at times? Do you think people are looking at you and trying to look for something?

THOMAS MUSTER: Well, I have -- I still have a very aggressive style of play and I mean, I have played very well on clay the last two years and I am famous for playing good, two, three months and playing consecutive, I don't know. I can really play well for a while and some guys get tired after a tournament or two and I have been playing well for quite a while. And, people always ask the question: "How is it possible." Then there are stories here and there and that is -- it is just sad to hear.

Q. Have you got -- you have said -- you have heard it a couple of times this year. Have you just gotten used to it and just say, well, that is the way it is going to be or does it anger you?

THOMAS MUSTER: As I said, it is sad because people come up with the story and then I have asked myself three times to be tested.

Q. This year?

THOMAS MUSTER: No, this year one time and after Boris had made the announcement -- I have asked myself to be tested because how you are going to prove that it is wrong what they said. That is the only way.

Q. You seemed to have a lot of fun on the court today. What about the fighter in you--

THOMAS MUSTER: How do you know that.

Q. We see you are a fighting man and today just --

THOMAS MUSTER: You must be reading papers. That is the opinion which is all around the world and --

Q. I have seen it many times.

THOMAS MUSTER: You have got to change your opinion maybe.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2004, 06:23 PM   #167
country flag Sweet Girl

Sweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers LaBroad
'I never wanted to be a spaceman'
September 7, 2004
Page Tools

Lleyton Hewitt has never pondered a life as an astronaut.

How do we know? Because he was asked that very question during a bizarre end to his post-match press conference at the US Open on Sunday night.

"What's your favourite movie about outer space and why is it your favourite?," an American reporter asked, prompting a bemused Hewitt to briefly turn interviewer. "What do you write about?" he asked. "I think you're at the wrong press conference."

"It's for Nickelodeon magazine. It's for their celebrity page. It's the space issue for February," the reporter responded.

"Yeah, I don't watch too many space movies," said Hewitt.

"Have you ever thought about being an astronaut?" she asked.

Hewitt replied: "No."

OMG!!!!!!!

Good Luck To:
Novak Djokovic/Roger Federer/ Del Potro / Gasquet /Lleyton/ Rafa

Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva / Daniela Hantuchova / Ana Ivanovic
Sweet Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #168
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

Leena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond repute

This one is women's tennis... and it's not very funny... but, yeah.

And Capriati isn't the queen of you know's. Thanks.

Q. You were saying yesterday that you read a lot. Did you ever read Cinderella?

ELENA BOVINA: Cinderella, yeah. Why?

Q. You were kind of having a Cinderella tournament here until today.

ELENA BOVINA: Well, she was just playing better. I mean, for today, for this moment, she's just better than me. I think I just have to work on some things that I think, you know, if I would use them today, then I could win. Like I think she's stronger than me physically. She was always hitting the ball earlier than I did, so it was difficult for me in that way. Well, I don't know. It was just a good match for her.

Q. In Russia, do they have what we call in this country fairytales, stories for children that generally have happy endings?

ELENA BOVINA: Of course, yeah.

Q. What do they call them in Russian?

ELENA BOVINA: Fairytales?

Q. Same thing, huh?

ELENA BOVINA: I think it's C-k-a-z-k-a.

Q. Those are children's stories, right?

ELENA BOVINA: Yes. Like Cinderella.

Q. Do you know the story of Cinderella?

ELENA BOVINA: I know, yes. Why are you asking about this?

Q. Because a couple of us clearly think you've been the Cinderella of this tournament. You're the most pleasant thing we've had develop here.

ELENA BOVINA: That's nice.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:04 AM   #169
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

One from Ivan Lendl.

1992 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York, NY

September 2, 1992

I. LENDL/J. YZAGA

6-7 (2-7), 6-1, 7-5, 4-6, 6-3

INTERVIEW WITH IVAN LENDL

Q. You only lost a couple of sets to Jaime in the five or six previous times you played him. Tonight, you had such a hard time. What is the difference tonight?

IVAN LENDL: I had trouble with finishing off with what I started. I got ahead in the first set so many times and couldn't finish it off. Then in the third set, I was ahead and let him come back. Then the fourth, I had chances, too. 1 didn't take advantage of it and just couldn't seem to do the last thing, just to put him away, the entire time.

Q. How much does that trouble you or is it the fact that you won that makes everything okay or does it bother you?

IVAN LENDL: It bothers you because you just make it more difficult than it is. But it is over and next match starts from scratch.

Q. Ivan, if Jimmy wins, obviously you are going to play him. What are your thoughts on playing him here?

IVAN LENDL: We played plenty of times here and I just hope that I can play better and keep the pressure on him.

Q. Were the conditions bad, the lighting, the time of day, the crowd?

IVAN LENDL: The lighting was changing quite a bit and everyone knows it is really noisy out there. It is not ideal.

Q. With all the attention on Jimmy's age, do you feel a certain age out there? Does it--
IVAN LENDL: I feel fine; don't worry about me.

Q. Jimmy and McEnroe certainly are the sentimental favorites here. You have won three times, you live near by. Does it bother you that you are being a little overlooked?

IVAN LENDL: No, I like it that way.

Q. Yeah?

IVAN LENDL: Yeah. I like to see a lot of empty seats here. I get home earlier. It is good.

Q. Do you think you will be playing when you are 40?

IVAN LENDL: I don't know.

Q. Ivan, last week, you played Petr Korda in the final. Do you think this match was a little bit special for you? I mean, you know Petr for a long time and his uncle.

IVAN LENDL: A match is a match. I don't care who it is. Whether it is my best friend or somebody I know for 20 years or somebody I had never seen. I don't care who it is.

Q. It is a winning start but would you say it is a good start to the tournament?

IVAN LENDL: Yeah, "W" is a good start.

Q. Do you feel any problems you had today wouldn't come back tomorrow; you can put the problems you had today behind you?

IVAN LENDL: Yes, I think so. . It is always difficult the first match. The court is different, the conditions are different. It takes a while before you see the ball properly and so on and so on. It is not easy.

Q. Ivan, the exhibition in Prague in Czechoslovakia in November this year, they played Petr Korda and John McEnroe and Connors. Did you get any offer?

IVAN LENDL: No.

Q. Will you watch tonight? Will you turn it on?

IVAN LENDL: Certainly not. Seen enough tennis today.

Q. Does it ever get tedious or boring for you to have to have to go through a hard match like this? You say you seen enough tennis. Does it become a hard thing for you to win a match like this?

IVAN LENDL: Well, it depends how badly you want it. If you don't want it badly enough, then you are not going to win them; then it becomes very difficult to win it. If you want to win and you keep trying, then they usually come your way.

Q. Ivan, do you know the situation in Czechoslovakia, the last situation?

IVAN LENDL: I heard something about three, four days ago. Is that the last one?

Q. No, I mean in January it will be--

IVAN LENDL: The split?

Q. Yes.

IVAN LENDL: Yes, I do.

Q. And?

IVAN LENDL: I think it is good from what I read and I understand is that the Czech part, voting for the right, the Slovaks are voting for the left. I can't see a country function properly if somebody wants to go right and left; it would be fight after fight. You will be able to go left, fine. If the Czechs want to go right, go right. As long as it is peaceful, I am very much for it.

Q. Do you have any different feeling?

IVAN LENDL: Was it your speech?

Q. I am not that loud. Do you have any different feeling for this tournament now that you are a citizen? Does it --

IVAN LENDL: Not really. I mean, I don't wake up in the morning, look in the mirror add say, yeah, I am a citizen. It is not -- don't get me wrong. It is nice. It is done with and all that, but it is not something you think of in the morning everyday.

Q. After all these years, do you still get excited about a Grand Slam or the U.S. Open?

IVAN LENDL: Of course, you do. It has something special.

Q. What do you think of the recent acquisition of Sean Burke for Bobby Holik?

IVAN LENDL: I am sad to see Bobby go and I am glad Sean is there and Eddie Farmer. It is one of those things. It is something which happens in team sports; people get traded, whether he is a friend of yours or you have never met him. He may get traded. I am sure Brian has done whatever he believes is best for the hockey club. I hope he is right.

Q. Anything?

IVAN LENDL: No last questions. Thank you.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-09-2004, 06:23 AM   #170
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

1994 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

August 29, 1994

I. LENDL/N. Borwick

7-5, 6-2, 6-3

AN INTERVIEW WITH IVAN LENDL

Q. That was a pretty easy forehand volley you put into the net to give him set point.

IVAN LENDL: Oh, that one. He had a set point in the first set. I forgot about it already. I am trying to figure out what you are talking about. Let's put it this way, no forehand volleys are easy for me.

Q. How has the summer been for you? Has it been an easy summer, a difficult summer?

IVAN LENDL: Has been very easy, I didn't have much work.

Q. When you say "not much work," you mean playing a lot?

IVAN LENDL: Yeah. Has been really easy. I had plenty of time on my hands.

Q. By choice?

IVAN LENDL: No. I didn't lose the matches by choice, no.

Q. So you had an extensive schedule and just didn't go well?

IVAN LENDL: Something like that.

Q. You looked very good out there today.

IVAN LENDL: How did my tennis look?

Q. That is what I am talking about.

IVAN LENDL: Oh.

Q. You feel like it was coming -- like you are coming around?

IVAN LENDL: I felt like I hit the ball quite well today. I didn't do anything spectacular, but I was fairly solid.

Q. That first game of the match you lost but you passed him three times and that was -- you had that shot working all day for you.

IVAN LENDL: Well, if he is going to come in a lot, to beat him I have to pass some, and as long as I go for my returns and hit them, hopefully, I am going to make some. If I don't, that is too bad. You got to hit against these guys now.

Q. Ivan, what do you look for coming here now?

IVAN LENDL: Not much anymore. Have some fun. Win some matches, hopefully.

Q. With Goran being out of the tournament already, he was in your bracket, do you look at that and say well, maybe I can. . .

IVAN LENDL: I was in his bracket. You got it wrong.

Q. Do you look at that and say maybe you can do any better?

IVAN LENDL: No, there are two more matches to get to him and they are both tough, so it is not going to be easy.

Q. This sounds like a much more mellow relaxed Ivan Lendl from the one that came here years ago and won this thing years ago; is that true now, Ivan?

IVAN LENDL: Don't ask me.

Q. I mean, do you really care whether you win or lose anymore?

IVAN LENDL: Certainly. Certainly I care whether I win or lose. A lot - believe me. I don't care whether it is on the tennis court or hockey rink or golf course, whatever, I don't like losing.

Q. So because of the defeats this year, has it been -- you know, has it worn on you, gotten you tired? You know, you are losing to people that we are not used to seeing you lose to.

IVAN LENDL: Doesn't make me happy, that is for sure.

Q. How much do you spend working, more or less?

IVAN LENDL: I am sorry?

Q. Comparably with the earliest times, how much do you work now?

IVAN LENDL: I work as much as my body allows me. You figure it out.

Q. Is it hard enough?

IVAN LENDL: Yeah. Yeah, I think it is enough.

Q. Do you know when you decided that you were just going to do this for fun, to enjoy it? Did that happen --

IVAN LENDL: Well, you see, I look at it this way. I am either playing well enough to win the tournaments and be ranked 1, 2, 3 or 4 in the world or something or I am not. At the moment I am not ranked 1, 2, 3 or 4, but whether I am at 25 or 35 makes very little difference to me so at that stage I just try to play and hopefully I enjoy and play well and maybe catch on somewhere. But it is -- a lot of it is health questions and a lot of it is questions of confidence also. And you can't have confidence without winning so, just try your best and if you catch on somewhere, confidence comes back, let's look at it again.

Q. Are you commuting?

IVAN LENDL: No, it's too far.

Q. Is that any different? I mean you used to just hop in the car.

IVAN LENDL: I still hop in the car. I still stay in Greenwich. It's a little different staying in a hotel.

Q. So you stay in a hotel in Greenwich?

IVAN LENDL: Yes.

Q. Do you think that you will get that confidence back, do you think you will catch on, or. . . .

IVAN LENDL: If I catch on and hit three, four good matches in a row, yeah.

Q. As you have been around all these years and lately tennis has been hearing all this stuff about not being very colorful, and if someone would look at your career right now people probably think you are one of the most colorful people around out there. Do you find that ironic at all?

IVAN LENDL: Quite honestly, I think that whole thing is totally stupid. I mean, it has been said about most No. 1 players in the world throughout history. People were writing 25 years ago that Rod Laver is boring and not colorful. That is where I rest my case.

Q. Is it like history, becomes more interesting as it gets older?

IVAN LENDL: You guys write it. You figure it out. I am not going to try to get into your minds, that is for sure.

Q. The fans seem to be on your side. Do you find that it is coming with age?

IVAN LENDL: I think it is coming with losing. I think people like to root for the underdog and then when the top player they have been watching for a long time starts losing, they start rooting for him more because they would like to see him more.

Q. Last year you know the injury you had to go out in the first round. Are you feeling better, I guess it is nice to be able. . .

IVAN LENDL: A little bit nice to be able to finish the match.

Q. Do you have any plans for playing doubles?

IVAN LENDL: This tournament?

Q. Your career.

IVAN LENDL: I play every now and then just for fun; especially when I travel somewhere far and let us say if I go to the Far East and/or Australia and I get there a couple of days earlier; try to play some doubles and hopefully I will get lucky and get scheduled Monday or Tuesday before I start my singles so I get used to the court and get a little bit more practice that way.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-09-2004, 06:28 AM   #171
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

THE LIPTON CHAMPIONSHIPS'94
Key Biscayne, FL

March 13, 1994

J. SIEMERINK/I. Lendl

3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (5)

AN INTERVIEW WITH IVAN LENDL

Q. Ivan, you have had a few hours now to-- I am sure you weren't feeling great after that match. Are you feeling any better now?

IVAN LENDL: No, I don't.

Q. Talk about the controversial call that you had. Do you think it cost you the match?

IVAN LENDL: I don't really want to talk about it. I think it was rather obvious what happened and everybody could see where the ball was, except one person, or two, so --

Q. What kept you away from South Florida for so long?

IVAN LENDL: Basically, the windy conditions. I just don't enjoy playing in the wind too much.

Q. Has it changed enough since you might consider --

IVAN LENDL: In the stadium, it was nice, yes. It was still breezy but it was very playable, it wasn't gusty. It was very nice.

Q. How upsetting is it to lose this way to work hard and--

IVAN LENDL: More than I care to talk about.

Q. Can you assess your performance other than that point?

IVAN LENDL: Didn't move that well. I was struggling with my movement.

Q. Do you know why?

IVAN LENDL: Yes, I do.

Q. Can you tell us?

IVAN LENDL: My back is still bothering me a little bit.

Q. That's sort of just after Australia; is that correct?

IVAN LENDL: Yes.

Q. To that point, you basically had what I would consider a good start to the year; do you agree with that?

IVAN LENDL: That is correct.

Q. What were you hoping to be able to get from that?

IVAN LENDL: Just play-- stay healthy and play. That is all.

Q. Do you now take some time off to try to get the back as perfect as it could be?

IVAN LENDL: Yes, I will have to have it looked at it and go from then on.

Q. Do you still plan to play Coral Springs in May?

IVAN LENDL: I should hope so. If I can't play in May, I guess I never could play.

Q. Any idea what specifically is wrong with it?

IVAN LENDL: No, I don't.

Q. You had it looked at once and they haven't come up with any ideas?

IVAN LENDL: That is right. Give them another chance.

Q. Did they say it was more muscle, ligament; not just a disc?

IVAN LENDL: I don't know. Too hard to guess now.

Q. Obviously, today was a big annoyance for you, to put it mildly. Other than that, is it still a pleasure for you to be out there or do you sort of question yourself when you are in a situation like that; is it worth carrying on to put yourself through that?

IVAN LENDL: It is fun to play, but things like that, whether they happen today, five years from now or ten years ago, it was always annoying. Another case for getting rid of the people there and getting the machines going.

Q. Were you disappointed that didn't happen at the Open that last year?

IVAN LENDL: If it doesn't work properly you can't use it. You have got to make it work properly.

Q. Which Grand Slams do you plan to play at this point assuming your back is okay?

IVAN LENDL: I plan to play all of them this year.

Q. How often does the word retirement cross your mind?

IVAN LENDL: Every time you guys ask about it, which is every time after the match, that is about it.

Q. It is not in your --

IVAN LENDL: No, it is not something I preoccupy myself with.

Q. Jimmy Connors been after you to join his group?

IVAN LENDL: No, he hasn't. He wants to win them all.

Q. Ivan, has Tony Roche spoken to you at all maybe hitting with some of Australian boys while they are here?

IVAN LENDL: He has, Greg. You came late and I have to catch a plane. We talked about it already. Everybody asked me about that specific thing.

Q. Its amazing, we don't get the announcement.

IVAN LENDL: I can't hear you puffing. It is not that I can't understand you.

Q. Can you please expand? I didn't hear announcement upstairs. I am sorry, I am late. Can you please answer?

IVAN LENDL: We talked about it, about practicing at Indian Wells, and here they stayed at a different place, so it was too difficult. I am not going to St. Petersburg.

Q. Do you find a difference a few years ago when you were really playing so well like any other top player or No. 1 ranked player, other players showed a tremendous amount of respect and fear when they played you. Now he said today, what must pass through a lot of players minds is that they can beat you or they see that you are struggling, that they go after you differently now; they have a different feeling that they can win; do you ever sense that when you are on the other side of the court?

IVAN LENDL: It is very similar. The more you win, the more respect you get. The less you win, the less respect you get. If you have a lot of respect, they give you free points here and there. If you have less respect, you get less free points, that is all. Very simple.

Q. You now find that happening?

IVAN LENDL: Yeah, sure.

Q. We heard a code warning given on the controversy of the match when the racket was thrown; we didn't hear an announcement, but sometimes there is a point assessed and you simply don't hear it. Was there a point assessed?

IVAN LENDL: Did you see us start from the left side the next game?

Q. No.

IVAN LENDL: Okay, does it answer your question? It should.

Q. Did you throw the racket? I didn't think you did? I thought it slipped out of your hand.

IVAN LENDL: Certainly did. I never threw-- let me leave on that one. You are pretty funny today.

Q. Seriously.

IVAN LENDL: I never throw it. Whenever it leaves my hand, it always slips.

Q. We actually felt that you made a motion; then like it got away from you?

IVAN LENDL: No. It didn't get away from me. It got away from me, but not by slipping.

Q. How frustrating has it been? You started the year so well in Australia with the way you were playing over there; the back problem started again, how frustrating has it been since then?

IVAN LENDL: More than I care. One more, anyone?

Q. Catch your plane. How are the daughters?

IVAN LENDL: They are doing all right. They are less upset than I am today.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-18-2005, 08:07 PM   #172
AntennA

AntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond repute

AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2005, 1st round
A. RODDICK/I. Labadze 7‑5, 6‑2, 6‑1

Q. There's been talk about the courts. How did you find them today out there?

ANDY RODDICK: They got lines, nets and everything. It's good (smiling).

Q. What about the speed?

ANDY RODDICK: I'm fine with it. I'm never one to really notice too much. I guess that requires feel, and I don't really have that in surplus (laughter).

Gilles Elseneer - Xavier Malisse - Dick Norman - Christophe & Olivier Rochus - Kristof Vliegen
Dominique Coene - Steve Darcis - Frederic De Fays - Niels Desein - Jeroen Masson - Stefan Wauters
AntennA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #173
country flag Peoples

Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute

Great answer by Roddick
Peoples is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #174
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntennA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2005, 1st round
A. RODDICK/I. Labadze 7‑5, 6‑2, 6‑1

Q. There's been talk about the courts. How did you find them today out there?

ANDY RODDICK: They got lines, nets and everything. It's good (smiling).

Q. What about the speed?

ANDY RODDICK: I'm fine with it. I'm never one to really notice too much. I guess that requires feel, and I don't really have that in surplus (laughter).
Too funny

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #175
country flag Peoples

Peoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond reputePeoples has a reputation beyond repute

Read how the poor journalist completely gets confused in the end and stops making sense

Q. Could you give some comment on the trend in sports that male athletes pay more and more attention to the way they look. Do you find that happening in tennis?

MARAT SAFIN: I don't think it's an issue. What's an issue? What's the question? Can you repeat it?

Q. I mean, like what was your comment about a male sports star paying more and more attention to the way they look.

MARAT SAFIN: Like who?

Q. I mean like, okay, like in soccer, David Beckham, for example.

MARAT SAFIN: Yeah, but he is ‑‑ first of all, he is great athlete. He is the best in the ‑‑ probably he is the best in the world. So if you don't play really good and if you're not a good player, doesn't matter how you look.

Q. I mean, do you think that happened in tennis, like is happening in tennis, too?

MARAT SAFIN: No, it doesn't. It doesn't. I don't think so.
Peoples is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #176
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples
Read how the poor journalist completely gets confused in the end and stops making sense :rotfl:

Q. Could you give some comment on the trend in sports that male athletes pay more and more attention to the way they look. Do you find that happening in tennis?

MARAT SAFIN: I don't think it's an issue. What's an issue? What's the question? Can you repeat it?

Q. I mean, like what was your comment about a male sports star paying more and more attention to the way they look.

MARAT SAFIN: Yeah, but he is ‑‑ first of all, he is great athlete. He is the best in the ‑‑ probably he is the best in the world. So if you don't play really good and if you're not a good player, doesn't matter how you look.

Q. I mean, do you think that happened in tennis, like is happening in tennis, too?

Old 01-25-2005, 01:18 PM   #177
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Ivan Lendl he sure was funny. Thanks for those, GWH.
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:29 AM   #178
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples
Read how the poor journalist completely gets confused in the end and stops making sense

Thanks for the addition to the thread.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-28-2005, 02:02 AM   #179
country flag sierra91

sierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I understand what you meant by "bump" the thread, George ... thanks! Any threads on commentators' stupid remarks during matches or would that thread take up so much space that the entire MTF site would explode?
sierra91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:57 AM   #180
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
Ivan Lendl he sure was funny. Thanks for those, GWH.
Lendl treated idiots with the contempt that they deserved.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1