Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 09-10-2004, 09:25 AM   #151
country flag Vladimir Poutine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 131
Vladimir Poutine will become famous soon enoughVladimir Poutine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Rios show these guys the true respect.

1999 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

M. RIOS/M. Damm

6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 5-7, 6-1

An interview with:

MARCELO RIOS

USTA: Questions.

Q. It was a tough match. What happened?

MARCELO RIOS: He played pretty good. I slowed down my game a little bit, but like I say, I'm not hitting very good the ball. He's played really nice to win like that.

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: What is that?

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't understand what you say.

Q. People you admired when you were growing up?

MARCELO RIOS: Nobody.

Q. What are your hobbies and interests?

MARCELO RIOS: Nothing.

Q. What is your greatest sports moment?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't remember, man.

Q. Come on.

MARCELO RIOS: What do you want me to tell you?

Q. Just answer the questions.

MARCELO RIOS: Don't ask me questions like that.

Q. What's your favorite movies?

MARCELO RIOS: (No response.)

Vladimir Poutine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-12-2004, 02:59 PM   #152
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall
Senior Member
 
Marc Rosset is Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,563
Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Q. You trained in Valencia with Juan Carlos, right?

MARAT SAFIN: Not exactly.


Q. Not exactly?

MARAT SAFIN: Not exactly. One is from the same place, but different cities. I would live like around 60 miles away from each other.


Q. You know him pretty well?

MARAT SAFIN: Yeah, yeah. We been playing, I mean, we been traveling together in the same tournaments since we are 14.


Q. He doesn't seem to be a particularly popular champion here in the States. He's not in this tournament, but do you have any idea why that might be?

MARAT SAFIN: Who, Ferrero?


Q. Yes.

MARAT SAFIN: You asking me why Ferrero is not popular in Miami or in USA?


Q. USA.

MARAT SAFIN: Because, guys, I think that you have your own players and you like very much your players, the American ones. Nobody really cares about the Spanish players, especially here. Nobody cares about it.

Exactly also for the players from other countries. At least there is a lot of people, they know only Agassi, Roddick and Blake. I think it's normal.

Also, he is not also popular in Russia. Nobody knows him. Nobody cares about him. The people from Europe, yes, they know him, because he's traveling and he's playing in Europe.


Q. There have been players from Europe who have been very popular here ‑ Becker, Edberg. Do you think he hasn't won enough, or is it his style of play, his demeanor on the court?

MARAT SAFIN: We are talking about little bit different things. For all the respect for Ferrero and a lot of other guys, including me, who didn't achieve the same things as Stefan Edberg and Boris Becker. So this is probably the main reason.

Also, you have to see that lately, nobody should know - I cannot even watch tennis on TV. Nobody shows tennis. And the way they show, there is some matches that nobody cares about them, so who's gonna watch? So how do you want to promote the players? How the people, they gonna understand who is who? They don't know who is who and they don't really care who is who because it's not interesting, because it's boring, and because you cannot even see them on TV.


Q. I guess I would still argue that you won one Slam; Juan Carlos has won one Slam.

MARAT SAFIN: Yeah. But, sorry, where you can see me on TV in the United States? Where? You think that they really care about Safin in a match in Indian Wells first round? Nobody cares.

For the same reason. Tennis is so - they don't promote it very well. They don't get enough hours to show on TV because it's not entertaining anymore. That's the main reason. That's the main reason that the people like us, like Ferrero, Federer and Safin and Roddick - okay, Roddick, because he is American, but normally, nobody really knows the players and not really interested to watch these kind of matches.


Q. So it's the media's fault?

MARAT SAFIN: I don't know who's fault but definitely not mine. It's somebody who has to deal with - for example, here's a person from ATP. You can blame them for that, for not promoting the tennis the way it should be promoted and not getting enough hours on the TV. It has to be either certain hours, so at least the people can see sometimes tennis.


Q. I guess I would still argue...

MARAT SAFIN: Yeah, it's okay, you can argue. You don't have to tell me.


Q. You're more popular than a Ferrero. Spanish players in general have never been that popular, if you go back, in the States.

MARAT SAFIN: And? What's your point?


Q. I don't know.

MARAT SAFIN: But make your point. You don't know.


Q. Just wondering why. You lived in Spain. Is it something about...

MARAT SAFIN: It's nothing in particular about Spanish players. I mean, the Spanish players, they are quiet, famous enough in Europe. Maybe because their tennis is not really unbelievably attractive, could be one of the reasons. Could be.

But also, everybody has different character. But this kind of character that the Spanish people have, maybe they're not - the people from the States don't like it; they want to see something else. They want to see like maybe a John McEnroe, they want to see Boris Becker, or they want to see big names, more interesting game. They want to see little bit serve and volley and some nice shots. You cannot see that from the Spanish players. Could be this is the reason.

I'm not taking away the achievements they had for the last past - a lot of like, 10 years. Spanish tennis grew up a little bit - quite a lot actually - they have already 10 players in the Top 100. But somehow it's not that attractive for the people. Not for me, I don't really care.

But for me, they are tough opponents, but we are not talking about the issue. That's not the issue. It's about how attractive really is it or not.


Q. Do you like to watch the Spanish play?

MARAT SAFIN: I will not even watch tennis if I'm not playing. I had enough with my own problems, and I have enough with my own tennis. I won't go to see the match of... I don't know...


Q. Why did you choose Estoril for the clay court season instead of Valencia?

MARAT SAFIN: Well, because the people from Estoril, they wanted more than the people from Valencia.

I don't know. I choose it. It is my decision that I actually choose Estoril because it's - I don't know - it's nice place. Nice people. They always treated me well there, even though that I didn't play really well. And they want still me to come back and come back.

So I have to give them - at least I feel like I have to try my best, you know, to improve my game there and to show the people that if I am coming there I want to play and I want to win the tournament. Because really I am coming for - it's gonna be my fourth time there, and the maximum I got is quarterfinals. I definitely can do better than that.

It's also great preparation for me to, you know, to get the confidence, get the confidence and move on to the clay court season. It's a great, great, great tournament and great people. That's why main reason I am going there.


Q. What are your expectations with the European clay court season coming up?

MARAT SAFIN: It's difficult. Is one of the most difficult months that we have, because we have three Masters Series almost like in a row. So it's really difficult because the schedule is not really great for the players.

Because we have no time to rest and to get ready for another Masters Series. So basically you play Monte Carlo, you have Barcelona, you have Rome, Hamburg, and you are already end up in Roland Garros. So it's also too much frustrates for the players. It's really difficult to get focus on every particular tournament during this months because everything comes together. That's a little bit difficult, so you have to be mentally prepared.


Q. You were just talking about Andre before. Can you imagine playing as long as he is playing?

MARAT SAFIN: No. No.


Q. Why do you think he's having such success?

MARAT SAFIN: Because it's not like because he is Andre Agassi and he's the best of all times, blah-blah-blee, blah, blah, blah, I can move on like this for a long time. Just because he loves tennis, he feels like playing, he's really enjoying it, even at the age of 33 years old, and he's playing since he's 16. So calculate how many years he's on the tour. Still, to be in love with tennis as he is, I don't think that there are many players - you cannot even count on one hand, not many players like this that will stay for a long time and really enjoys tennis and gives his best and try and try and try every year and be fit like he is fit, and beating most of the guys quite easily.

And even when he loses, he still continues to play and still continues to work. And he is a great professional athlete.

But, in my case, I don't think I'll be able to play against - till the age of 34 because it's my character. But his character is completely different than most of the people. That's why he's one of the million.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:00 PM   #153
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 43
Posts: 36,083
sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Ah, that Safin. He never pulls punches, does he?
__________________
Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #154
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall
Senior Member
 
Marc Rosset is Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,563
Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassklovn
Goran Ivanisevic

Q. Woodforde was in here. He said that you have a serve and not much else. He wouldn't pay to watch you play tennis. What are your views on his comment?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I don't know, he once -- he doesn't like me too much. He wanted to hit me today with this ball. Actually he hit me and he didn't say sorry, but he said once he is better player than me, but I don't see how, the way he is, the way his game is, man, it is very tough to watch. I think it is time for him to retire singles. In doubles, he is still good, because he still can cover half the court, but he looks very poor at the court. Pretty old, can't move, with that shitty backhand you can't beat anybody. If I have son, just show Woodforde picture, you can't play tennis like him otherwise, man --

Q. Apart from that, what is it between you?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: Me and him?

Q. Yeah.

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I don't have nothing against him, but he always talks how bad I am, but you cannot be bad and beat second in the world and Top-10 for six years, and at least he hit me on the purpose, I was at the net. He had straight forehand to me. He had a smash. He could -- I turned my back and he hit me, I don't know, somewhere he hit me, he didn't say sorry. So he hates me. But then I hit an ace after that and that kills him. I see on his face, those guys are poor, they can't do anything and then they hit you, it is a poor thing.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:07 AM   #155
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall
Senior Member
 
Marc Rosset is Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,563
Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassklovn
Goran Ivanisevic

Q. Woodforde was in here. He said that you have a serve and not much else. He wouldn't pay to watch you play tennis. What are your views on his comment?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I don't know, he once -- he doesn't like me too much. He wanted to hit me today with this ball. Actually he hit me and he didn't say sorry, but he said once he is better player than me, but I don't see how, the way he is, the way his game is, man, it is very tough to watch. I think it is time for him to retire singles. In doubles, he is still good, because he still can cover half the court, but he looks very poor at the court. Pretty old, can't move, with that shitty backhand you can't beat anybody. If I have son, just show Woodforde picture, you can't play tennis like him otherwise, man --

Q. Apart from that, what is it between you?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: Me and him?

Q. Yeah.

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I don't have nothing against him, but he always talks how bad I am, but you cannot be bad and beat second in the world and Top-10 for six years, and at least he hit me on the purpose, I was at the net. He had straight forehand to me. He had a smash. He could -- I turned my back and he hit me, I don't know, somewhere he hit me, he didn't say sorry. So he hates me. But then I hit an ace after that and that kills him. I see on his face, those guys are poor, they can't do anything and then they hit you, it is a poor thing.
The tour is a sadder place without Goran's comments.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:44 AM   #156
WyveN
Banned!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,957
WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

more Ivanisevic comments about Woodforde.
This was after 1999 Scottsdale championships, a match that Woodforde won.

Q. Mark said your serve wasn't working and that is why he won. What made the difference today in your mind?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I didn't have four shots today. Second serve bad. No forehand down-the-line. Bad return and backhand was too risky. And I did a lot of running. I hit only forehand crosscourt, he stand there and made me left right, left right, I was running like idiot. I think myself this is Woodforde I am playing, not Sampras, what is going on? Maybe I need time out because when you lose to Woodforde unless it is doubles, then you look in mirror and ask yourself what is happening, is engine working.
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:22 AM   #157
country flag rue
Registered User
 
rue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 901
rue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
I think myself this is Woodforde I am playing, not Sampras, what is going on? Maybe I need time out because when you lose to Woodforde unless it is doubles, then you look in mirror and ask yourself what is happening, is engine working.

Goran is just too funny, especially with this last comment he made.
__________________
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."



Go Federer, Nadal!!!
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:50 AM   #158
country flag Zetlandsk
Senior Member
 
Zetlandsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 623
Zetlandsk is a splendid one to beholdZetlandsk is a splendid one to beholdZetlandsk is a splendid one to beholdZetlandsk is a splendid one to beholdZetlandsk is a splendid one to beholdZetlandsk is a splendid one to beholdZetlandsk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
Q. Mark said your serve wasn't working and that is why he won. What made the difference today in your mind?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I didn't have four shots today. Second serve bad. No forehand down-the-line. Bad return and backhand was too risky. And I did a lot of running. I hit only forehand crosscourt, he stand there and made me left right, left right, I was running like idiot. I think myself this is Woodforde I am playing, not Sampras, what is going on? Maybe I need time out because when you lose to Woodforde unless it is doubles, then you look in mirror and ask yourself what is happening, is engine working.
Well another priceless comment from Goran.
Zetlandsk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:46 PM   #159
country flag Roger-No.1
Registered User
 
Roger-No.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,109
Roger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond reputeRoger-No.1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler

Rios show these guys the true respect.

1999 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

M. RIOS/M. Damm

6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 5-7, 6-1

An interview with:

MARCELO RIOS

USTA: Questions.

Q. It was a tough match. What happened?

MARCELO RIOS: He played pretty good. I slowed down my game a little bit, but like I say, I'm not hitting very good the ball. He's played really nice to win like that.

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: What is that?

Q. Who were your childhood heroes?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't understand what you say.

Q. People you admired when you were growing up?

MARCELO RIOS: Nobody.

Q. What are your hobbies and interests?

MARCELO RIOS: Nothing.

Q. What is your greatest sports moment?

MARCELO RIOS: I don't remember, man.

Q. Come on.

MARCELO RIOS: What do you want me to tell you?

Q. Just answer the questions.

MARCELO RIOS: Don't ask me questions like that.

Q. What's your favorite movies?

MARCELO RIOS: (No response.)

__________________
Passenger on Federer Express No. 100


Roger Federer
Becker | Björn Borg | Edberg

Kiefer Moyá Ljubicic Schalken

Nalbandian Gaudio Kuerten

Grosjean Ancic Santoro Mayer
Roger-No.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:52 PM   #160
country flag roisin
Registered User
 
roisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 6,369
roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences



thats brilliant!
__________________
How many times must we of shot nerves witness the undoubted pain & suffering of muppets everywhere before we stand up against the cavemen??

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:19 AM   #161
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!
 
Kristen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sydney
Age: 32
Posts: 10,054
Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

I don't know if the questions are stupid, but the journalists certainly don't get the hint.

Alexander Popp - Day 6
Saturday, June 28, 2003
A. POPP/J. Novak6‑3, 6‑4, 7‑6

Q. Tim Henman could do with some help. Do you mind if we all start pretending you're British again?
ALEXANDER POPP: Well, it's up to you, but obviously I've been playing for Germany the last 26 years and it doesn't look like it's going to change.

Q. Does any part of you feel English for these two weeks when you come to Wimbledon?
ALEXANDER POPP: Well, I feel English a little, of course, because my mom's English and we speak English at home sometimes, and I have a lot of relatives here. So a part of me is English, that's for sure. But I grew up in Germany.

Q. But during this?
ALEXANDER POPP: Well, I feel at home when I'm here. I really like playing in England. I've always played well, even in the smaller tournaments when I was younger. So it must be something about it. But as I already said, I grew up in Germany and it's pretty well sure, for me, that I play for Germany.

Q. You said you played for Germany the last 26 years. Does that mean you're ruling out playing for Britain ever in your life?
ALEXANDER POPP: Yeah (laughter).

Q. Just wanted to clear it up?
ALEXANDER POPP: (smiling).
======
======
======
Alexander Popp - Day 7
Monday, June 30, 2003
A.POPP/O. Rochus 5 7, 6 3, 6 4, 6 2

Q. I know that the boys are talking about the headlines in the German press . You realise that if Henman loses today, you're going to have a lot of headlines in the English press as well. We're going to claim you back. Does that bother you at all? Do you like that?
ALEXANDER POPP: No, doesn't bother me at all. I've told the English press a couple of times that I will play DC for Germany. I think that the show is over.

Q. The only way it might help you is the crowd might give you a bit more support than you might get otherwise?
ALEXANDER POPP: Well, I wouldn't mind that. That would be nice. I mean, I'm half English, and that's all right with me. I'm happy about it. It's just a matter about Davis Cup and the press, but I'm still half English whether I play Davis Cup here or not.


Funny thing is, they didn't go on about wanting him to be English when he lost to Philippoussis
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:24 AM   #162
bad gambler
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

LOL..yeah u got to wonder how some of this journo's got a job....the last think a player wants after a tough match is to be asked stupid questions
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:27 AM   #163
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall
Senior Member
 
Marc Rosset is Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,563
Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
more Ivanisevic comments about Woodforde.
This was after 1999 Scottsdale championships, a match that Woodforde won.

Q. Mark said your serve wasn't working and that is why he won. What made the difference today in your mind?

GORAN IVANISEVIC: I didn't have four shots today. Second serve bad. No forehand down-the-line. Bad return and backhand was too risky. And I did a lot of running. I hit only forehand crosscourt, he stand there and made me left right, left right, I was running like idiot. I think myself this is Woodforde I am playing, not Sampras, what is going on? Maybe I need time out because when you lose to Woodforde unless it is doubles, then you look in mirror and ask yourself what is happening, is engine working.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:51 AM   #164
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,476
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalist Questions at Press Conferences

I am not that keen on Roddick, but he handled these inane questions very well.

2004 TENNIS MASTERS CUP
HOUSTON, TEXAS

November 13, 2004

ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Andy.

Q. What do you eat before a match?

ANDY RODDICK: Food. You?

Q. Anything in particular?

ANDY RODDICK: Normally just some -- maybe a sandwich and some vegetables, something like that.

Q. Some pasta?

ANDY RODDICK: Sometimes. I don't have a set meal.

Q. How many hours do you eat before a match?

ANDY RODDICK: Couple.

Q. Any comments about Brad's book?

ANDY RODDICK: I haven't read it. No, I'm just playing. I read like the precopy of it. That's for you guys to decide, not me.

Q. You're quoted a lot.

ANDY RODDICK: I just bought the author, so I don't need to worry about reading the book (smiling).

Q. Can I go back a little bit to the Davis Cup. You were talking about the American...

ANDY RODDICK: Why read the book when I hired the coach?

Q. That's a great answer.

ANDY RODDICK: I'll save my $16, you know.

Q. $23.

ANDY RODDICK: You see, even worse. You pay that. I don't have to.

Q. He's more expensive than the book.

ANDY RODDICK: I should have bought the book. It would have been cheaper (smiling
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:12 AM   #165
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,476
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryslanBoppe
1996 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York

August 29, 1996

S. BRUGUERA/M. Stich

6-3, 6-2, 6-4

An interview with:

MICHAEL STICH

Q. What happened?

MICHAEL STICH: Nothing.

__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios