Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #1561
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences. RG/ITWA bans press transcripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
God keep us
Why are you still talking?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #1562
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences. RG/ITWA bans press transcripts

it will be erotic and miraculous if feddy and rodduck federer WILL applaud for noleeeeee.
i don't care where... courtside, hotel or beach, after their beatdowns in the djoker funhouse.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #1563
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazif View Post
after the Tsonga-Fog match:

Interviewer: Jo, you didn't lose any sets so far, so does it mean you're improving with every match?

Tsonga: Well, you probably didn't follow all my matches...

Tsonga won in 4 in both R1 and R2 Morons, honestly. Simple research is obviously far too hard, let's just guess, shall we?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #1564
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Why are you still talking?
Cause I'm still not banned
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1565
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Two good ones from Fed's presser today. Fed takes the first one in a sane manner, to his credit.. I have no idea how these people can ask these stupid things poker-faced, unless they think they're being funny

Q. You lost to Tsonga in five sets in Wimbledon. You also lost to Djokovic in five sets. Would this victory in five sets confirm that you can win a match in five sets?

ROGER FEDERER: I know I can win a match in five sets. I should have, I could have, against Jo or Novak. It was so close against Novak. Afterwards it’s normal to have regrets.

No, I’m not asking myself that kind of question. I’m fit. I have no physical problems, which was different three, five weeks ago. I’m very happy. I’m in good shape. That’s it. I’m fine.

It’s always good to come back from two sets to zero. You don’t always play matches in five sets, and that was the one I had to win.

Q. This was a complicated match, but do you think you can raise your level to defeat Djokovic as you did last year?

ROGER FEDERER: Yes. What else can I say?

Edit:

Also these are the best stupid questions put to Federer over the years: http://federerroger.tumblr.com/post/19693015266
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo

Last edited by Roamed : 06-05-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #1566
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

This is a whole compilation of answers to stupid question by RF. I am not sure if it's one presser or more but it's very funny and apt

http://federerroger.tumblr.com/post/19693015266

Q: What was the last question you didn't expect and what was the question and what did you answer and when? Do you remember?
Roger Federer: Don't know. Maybe one of yours. I don't know.
Q: Are you missing Nadal at this tournament?
Roger Federer: We're not dating, so no.
Q: Talking about legends, in 2003 you managed to beat Pete Sampras at Wimbledon. He was an icon at that time.
Roger Federer: 2001.
Q: You're on the official car this year. How does it feel to see yourself on the move every day?
Roger Federer: I can't sleep at night, it's so amazing, the feeling...
Q: Before you make the challenge there's a picture of two players on the court. Yours was red and black and blurry. It's just not very flattering. Perhaps you could change the quality of the picture?
Roger Federer: [No response]
Q: Is there any chance of getting one of your towels?
Roger Federer: No. We don't have that many. They're for my friends. I don't know you. But good try.
Q: You're still No. 1. That's good.
Roger Federer: Thank you. I'm happy you say so.
Q: Do you still think you can win Roland Garros?
Roger Federer: Yes.
Q: Are you sure?
Roger Federer: Well, if you want me to answer no if that makes you happy, then no. Choose the answer. I said yes.
Q: Imagine it's 2009 and this little fairy comes to you and says, You're going to win one tournament, but you have to choose - Wimbledon or Roland Garros. Which one?
Roger Federer: I don't want to answer these stupid questions any more. They're too stupid.
Q: But why?
Roger Federer: Because I want to win at everything. I have no preference.
Q: So you waited 27 years to win in Paris. You won the US Open, Wimbledon and the Australian Open much earlier. Does it give a special flavor to this trophy?
Roger Federer: First, I never waited 27 years, because 27 years ago I was just born. My parents never told me, If you don't win Roland Garros we take you to the orphanage.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #1567
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
This is a whole compilation of answers to stupid question by RF. I am not sure if it's one presser or more but it's very funny and apt

Q: What was the last question you didn't expect and what was the question and what did you answer and when? Do you remember?
Q: Talking about legends, in 2003 you managed to beat Pete Sampras at Wimbledon. He was an icon at that time.
Q: You're on the official car this year. How does it feel to see yourself on the move every day?
Q: Before you make the challenge there's a picture of two players on the court. Yours was red and black and blurry. It's just not very flattering. Perhaps you could change the quality of the picture?
Roger Federer: No. We don't have that many. They're for my friends. I don't know you. But good try.
Roger Federer: Well, if you want me to answer no if that makes you happy, then no. Choose the answer. I said yes.
Q: Imagine it's 2009 and this little fairy comes to you and says, You're going to win one tournament, but you have to choose - Wimbledon or Roland Garros. Which one?
Roger Federer: I don't want to answer these stupid questions any more. They're too stupid.
Q: So you waited 27 years to win in Paris. You won the US Open, Wimbledon and the Australian Open much earlier. Does it give a special flavor to this trophy?
Roger Federer: First, I never waited 27 years, because 27 years ago I was just born. My parents never told me, If you don't win Roland Garros we take you to the orphanage.
Man, this is hilarous. Roger at his best bagelling every journalist in sight. Love his answers.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #1568
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

There's more. I just read this on Twitter.

Interviewer: Are you certain you are from Switzerland?
Roger:I think yes. I can't remember because I was very small, very little when it happened.

Quote:
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1569
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #1570
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
I think that question should win the #1 ranking of Most Stupid Questions Ever. really.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #1571
country flag Looner

Questions like that and Roger's polite answers to them are used to build his image of a prima donna. The press are a bunch of idiots. The headline of the BBC who cannot even be bothered to show the French this year was "Federer beats injured Del Potro". I mean just .

Quote:
Old 06-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #1572
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did this really happen?

Chuck Norris Facts in Tennis - "Best of"!
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #1573
country flag Looner

Quote:
Originally Posted by comesbackatlast View Post

Did this really happen?
It sure did. Most of the Qs are from the presser following FO 2009 and 2008. As you can guess by the question about ever winning RG.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #1574
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It sure did. Most of the Qs are from the presser following FO 2009 and 2008. As you can guess by the question about ever winning RG.
It says: "Imagine it's 2009". That probably means they knew he had already won it and he wanted to go back before that.

Chuck Norris Facts in Tennis - "Best of"!
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #1575
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

They're compiled here with sources:

http://federerlive.wordpress.com/201...c-compilation/
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote