Tennis Tipping | Managers Thread - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #811
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping | Managers Thread

Expanding the draws is too much.
The point is: it's like some people are going to die if they miss a tournament. If this is a world forum, you cannot respect all timezones. Some will have problems to commit, but that's how it is. There should be, yes, a definite time to begin the new tournament thread, but if you can't commit, ask a friend of yours to commit for you.
You can't benefit everybody. Every system has its flaws.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #812
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004
good points, that is also true. But what do you think of the one week plan I had. Its kind of tough to miss the deadline if the thread is open for a week.
I agree completely to your idea. Two weeks before the thread's opened and it remains that way for 1 week. Then it's closed and the draws are made.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #813
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi
I agree completely to your idea. Two weeks before the thread's opened and it remains that way for 1 week. Then it's closed and the draws are made.
awesome. I hope more people agree to this and we can start it with New Haven, then the USO. If Gav or keqt or somebody wants to start a poll with a bunch of the new ideas, that could be done as well, no?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #814
country flag invu2day

invu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good points, that is also true. But what do you think of the one week plan I had. Its kind of tough to miss the deadline if the thread is open for a week.
For TT the longer you open up the sign up period the more chance you have of higher amounts of walkovers. Look at the PAW threads. How many ppl do not actually play who signed up. 15 players in PAW have not played so far this week. In PAW is doesn't have any effect but in TT it would mean 15 walkovers. 15 entries which could have gone to members who wanted to play.

As we use qualifiers now I think all sign up threads should open On a Friday within a set timeframe. Top ranked players should have until Tuesday 12am to confirm their entry. Thereafter it will be order of commitance.

What do you think peeps?

2008 Bangkok singles
2006 Acapulco singles
2006 Costa Do Sauipe singles

2009 Halle doubles with Bavaria100
2008 Dubai doubles with Bavaria100
2007 Nottingham doubles w Bavaria100
2007 Costa Do Sauipe doubles w Bavaria100
2007 Vina Del Mar doubles w Bavaria100
2006 Acapulco doubles w Rosie
2006 Buenos Aires doubles w Rosie
invu2day is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #815
country flag Foosimoo

Foosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by invu2day
For TT the longer you open up the sign up period the more chance you have of higher amounts of walkovers. Look at the PAW threads. How many ppl do not actually play who signed up. 15 players in PAW have not played so far this week. In PAW is doesn't have any effect but in TT it would mean 15 walkovers. 15 entries which could have gone to members who wanted to play.

As we use qualifiers now I think all sign up threads should open On a Friday within a set timeframe. Top ranked players should have until Tuesday 12am to confirm their entry. Thereafter it will be order of commitance.

What do you think peeps?
I like it.
Foosimoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #816
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by invu2day

What do you think peeps?
I tried to use a timeframe where it is close enough to the tourney so that people actually remember, and enough time for people to sign up no matter what they are doing in their life. The problem with PAW is that commitments are made months ahead of time. Not here. 2 weeks is enough is enough time, but not too much time

Quote:
Old 08-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #817
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Well, I don't think that is a problem. Just implement a confirmation system. During the week after the draws have been made, all players have 3 days (after the draws) to confirm wheter they're playing or not. Whoever doesn't confirm participation in this time-frame gives place to the qualifiers that applied first, without exception. That would make things more organized.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #818
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Well, I don't think that is a problem. Just implement a confirmation system. During the week after the draws have been made, all players have 3 days (after the draws) to confirm wheter they're playing or not. Whoever doesn't confirm participation in this time-frame gives place to the qualifiers that applied first, without exception. That would make things more organized.
and this would take place in the 3-5 days between the draws being made and qualie matches starting? I like it

Quote:
Old 08-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #819
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Yeah. Like: draws made on sunday. Then you have till wednesday to confirm. If you don't, you're out.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #820
country flag Foosimoo

Foosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. Like: draws made on sunday. Then you have till wednesday to confirm. If you don't, you're out.
I like this idea too.
Foosimoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #821
country flag invu2day

invu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond reputeinvu2day has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't see the problem with a 7 day sign up period. No one has missed this timeframe so far during this year so why change it? The only problem has been the entries filling up quick and not actually the length of the sign up period. Only 2 chnages need to be made. One is to move the sign up period from Sunday - Sunday to Friday - Friday as we now have qualifiers on weekends sometimes. The other is to implement a time period where higher ranked players can protect their entry. No one person has missed a 7 day sign up period so why do we need to change that??

2008 Bangkok singles
2006 Acapulco singles
2006 Costa Do Sauipe singles

2009 Halle doubles with Bavaria100
2008 Dubai doubles with Bavaria100
2007 Nottingham doubles w Bavaria100
2007 Costa Do Sauipe doubles w Bavaria100
2007 Vina Del Mar doubles w Bavaria100
2006 Acapulco doubles w Rosie
2006 Buenos Aires doubles w Rosie
invu2day is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #822
Future ATP Star

To recap, using USO as example:

August 14th: Thread is made to sign-up
August 21st: Thread is closed and draws are made
August 21st-August 24th (or whenever the day before actual USO qualies start): Confirmations must take place for people to guarantee their participation in tourney.
August 25th-27th: Qualifying draw
August 28th-September 10th: Main Draw

Quote:
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #823
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

This would be too much, but to complete the idea, and making WO less frequent, you could make all people that confirmed and didn't play absent for next week. That way people who confirmed just not to lose their places on the draw won't do that unless they really wanna play.
After all, there's no logic in implementing all this system and people still comitting half-heartedly...
Old 08-01-2006, 06:20 PM   #824
Future ATP Star

Quote:
This would be too much, but to complete the idea, and making WO less frequent, you could make all people that confirmed and didn't play absent for next week. That way people who confirmed just not to lose their places on the draw won't do that unless they really wanna play.
After all, there's no logic in implementing all this system and people still comitting half-heartedly...
O, so penalties for the next week for people who confirm and dont show up. that might work as well.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #825
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
O, so penalties for the next week for people who confirm and dont show up. that might work as well.
After all, if a player is signed to a tournament in real life and doesn't show up without previous notice, he's penalized.

I'm glad I could help with some ideas... I'll be back later...