Feijoada, Samba, Capoiera and Gaston in Brasil Cheering Thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #106
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feijoada, Samba, Capoiera and Gaston in Brasil Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Yes, I saw the match live and didn't miss a point and there you go again with the excuses about waking up without energy..
of course you are misunderstandig what i said: NEVER said anything like an excuse, on the opposite i was quoting Gastón just to show he is back to old gestures that doesn't help him a lot: you cannot say that you just didn't weak up as feeling to play the match during a Slam (sin ganas as we said in Spanish)....so try better to understand before accusing me to do something i did not.

Last edited by maria87 : 02-23-2006 at 04:08 PM.
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #107
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
And the worst part was when he yelled something like (rough translation) “I’m embarrassing myself” (“Estoy haciendo un papelón!”) which is what he dreads most. He can’t stand feeling he’s making a fool of himself, trapped on a court when he feels he wants to hide away in shame.

And btw, let’s remember we’re all in a Gaudio fan forum, we’re all friends, so let’s respect each other’s legitimate points of view!
Tottally agree with you, Vale in these 2 things: I saw him very in very bad body attitude like "I'am embarrassing myself" . So i hope he could recover confidence soon to play the next tournaments. That's all what i was saying.

And of course, i think as a part of a Forum of one of your faves we all have be treated with respect when sharing our opinions and not being consistently and badly accused of overreaction or somehting. I watched the match and i was just sharing my opinion about what i saw and hoping better for Gastón for the next tournaments.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #108
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87
of course you are misunderstandig what i said: NEVER said anything like an excuse, on the opposite i was quoting Gastón just to show he is back to old gestures that doesn't help him a lot: you cannot say that just you didn't weak up as feeling to play the match during a Slam....so try better to understand before accusing me to do something i did not.
In reality even after he won RG, he didn't suddenly get a massive surge of self confidence, if that was the case, then his negative on court feelings at times wouldn't manifest as often as it did. It's not something he has ever had or ever will. He doesn't go around making bold statements and never has.

Does everyone in their chosen profession wake up 100 per cent everyday of their lives and he is no different? That's where he has to find the solution in his job as a player to get the right result when feeling crap and he didn't do it on this day.

He didn't wake up with energy, sounds very much like an excuse to justify why he didn't get the win and detracts from the other players performance when they were better at taking their chances.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #109
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sorry, i think you over-reacted here about our reaction!! what do you make think we are not working because we just talk about Gaston loss????? I am working right now at home, with my computer.
I am not dying or anything else, i am just talking about Gaston tennis.

About Santoro-Gaudio, he did not play as he can: he failed in the important points when he was almost winning the match. He said after the match: "I weaked up without energy, i didn't have the energy to play that match today" Old Gaston as i said before. And I am a huge fan of him since really a lot of time before RG title.
Ok, back to work me too!!
OK - just to clarify - my "back to work " comment was not meant to be facetious - I do not often have the luxury to work from home - I work in an open-plan office where Internet access is not allowed apart from at lunchtime , so as my lunchbreak was over, I had to quickly log off and get back to work. This was all I meant and you seemed to misunderstand me. And I do not want to argue (I don't have the energy) - but I still think you are over-reacting to the whole thing in Brazil. In my opinion, and I hope I don't offend people by saying this - tennis is not a matter of life or death (neither is work for that matter) and I will never be devastated over a loss by Gastón or any other tennis player when people are suffering and dying. Just my own opinion, and as I am trying to avoid stress and confrontation at the moment, I guess I had better leave this thread.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #110
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He didn't wake up with energy, sounds very much like an excuse to justify why he didn't get the win.
I know for sure that Gastón never makes excuses for playing badly, he usually just states that the other played better. But when the press insist on knowing why, he tries to give an explanation, not an excuse. And a valid explanation of why a good player has played badly could well be that he simply didn’t have the necessary energy that day.
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #111
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
In my opinion, and I hope I don't offend people by saying this - tennis is not a matter of life or death (neither is work for that matter) and I will never be devastated over a loss by Gastón or any other tennis player when people are suffering and dying. Just my own opinion, and as I am trying to avoid stress and confrontation at the moment, I guess I had better leave this thread.
Sport is just a fun distraction from some grim realities in the world at large and nothing wrong with that comment.

People have to take responsibility for their own particular actions and deal with the respective consequences and that covers all fields of life.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #112
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
OK - just to clarify - my "back to work " comment was not meant to be facetious - I do not often have the luxury to work from home - tennis is not a matter of life or death (neither is work for that matter) and I will never be devastated over a loss by Gastón or any other tennis player when people are suffering and dying. Just my own opinion, and as I am trying to avoid stress and confrontation at the moment, I guess I had better leave this thread.
Hi, Rosie...thanks for the reply. I am not trying to argue neither, i hate arguing and on the contrary i just want to talk about tennis that is one of my passions: i also love my work and family of course...I have kids and a house to run and a full life to live. I just like tennis and share my opinions about my favorites players.

Another note: to have my work at home is really good but not "luxury" at all. I have to write a lot and be on the computer so much hours while i have some breaks to do all the-house-work (clean, cooking,etc). And i am a proffessor in Argentina which it means so less money considering the hours i work, and that i have to work a lot in order to survive, me and my 2 kids. But i love tennis and to talk about tennis and my favorite players....
Old 02-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #113
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I know for sure that Gastón never makes excuses for playing badly, he usually just states that the other played better. But when the press insist on knowing why, he tries to give an explanation, not an excuse. And a valid explanation of why a good player has played badly could well be that he simply didn’t have the necessary energy that day.
Yes, there is a difference between a valid explanation and an excuse and the line is very thin. Gaston didn't take anything away from Santoro and he had no reason to.

My actual problem was how the comment was used to justify a particular viewpoint, in other words it's called spin.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #114
country flag maria87

Quote:
He didn't wake up with energy, sounds very much like an excuse to justify why he didn't get the win and detracts from the other players performance when they were better at taking their chances.
Well, you just keep thinking by yourself without listening the others, that's a shame and i am very sorry for that.

I quoted what Gaston said, and i was just critizicing him (in a constructive way) for saying that.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #115
country flag maria87

Quote:
yes, Vale, i know that...is that it seems a little poor to say: "Well i weak up without energies" to play a match during a GS tournament... more if he had played just 2 easy matches before in the week. I think this is one of the negative gesture Gastón had when he is bad or depressed and without motivation. That is what i was saying, hope you can understand me. I say this as a huge fan, i love him.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #116
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Well, you just keep thinking by yourself without listening the others, that's a shame and i am very sorry for that.

I quoted what Gaston said, and i was just critizicing him (in a constructive way) for saying that.
Actually I have read through everything in here as I am supposed to and I have already stated reasons why I think there is too much needless hysteria about this result.

When the fact that Gaston's shoulder is actually the most important thing and not these results.

I am not idealistic when it comes to people and players that I like and the situation is the same. If that sounds harsh, then so be it, but people have to deal with whatever consequences of their actions.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #117
country flag maria87

Quote:
Actually I have read through everything in here as I am supposed to and I have already stated reasons why I think there is too much needless hysteria about this result.

If that sounds harsh, then so be it, but people have to deal with whatever consequences of their actions.
sorry, i don't get you...what histeria? what consequences??

what is the big deal of say Gaston played bad without confidence and wihtout concentration and hoping better for next tournaments??? That was my post after the match i saw...and then all was just misunderstandings
Old 02-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #118
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes, Vale, i know that...is that it seems a little poor to say: "Well i weak up without energies" to play a match during a GS tournament... more if he had played just 2 easy matches before in the week. I think this is one of the negative gesture Gastón had when he is bad or depressed and without motivation. That is what i was saying, hope you can understand me. I say this as a huge fan, i love him.
Hi María, thanks for telling us a little about yourself. I also have kids, an extended family, job, etc., so I identify with you in that we still find the time to follow our favourite player!

For some reason I can't fathom Gastón seems to have wanted to keep this shoulder problem secret, even though it's been bothering him since before winning RG (according to Mancini); in fact, he never wants to talk about any health problems he may have. I mention this because I distinctly remember that during the match against Santoro he kept putting ice on one side of his neck (a reflected pain from the shoulder) but when asked what happened he simply answered "I had little energy today..."
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #119
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
sorry, i don't get you...what histeria? what consequences??

what is the big deal of say Gaston played bad without confidence and wihtout concentration and hoping better for next tournaments??? That was my post after the match i saw...and then all was just misunderstandings
Hysteria or overreaction either word could be used. I will have to explain it like this.

- A half fit Gaston lost a match easily. He chose for whatever reason to play here when he shouldn't have, but that is his choice. Therefore he has to deal with the consequences of his decision to play, whether this means he has to take time off the circuit and let the shoulder heal more or to keep playing through it.

- Look at the overall perspective instead of a narrow focus. Costa da Sauipe doesn't mean much, he played well in the optionals in 2005 and not the major clay events, it shouid be the other way around. He was fortunate those optional wins helped him out last season, but won't this season.

- If you want to criticise them then the performances in 05 against Nadal and Ferrer in Monte Carlo and Rome, in prestigous tournaments against very good claycourt players where he should be gearing up to his best are worthy of it.

-If you know Gaston then you I have already seen what has been said about his consistency issues and his mental state on court at times. This in addition to the time of the year, in concern to peaking periods, the size of the event, obvious discomfort he was in and he put himself in there are reasons for enough the comment of overreacting to this result.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #120
country flag maria87

ok, so let's move on to the next tournament!!! Vamos, Gastón!!!