Feijoada, Samba, Capoiera and Gaston in Brasil Cheering Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 AM   #91
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feijoada, Samba, Capoiera and Gaston in Brasil Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia
You don't care but I do care.

In my opinion, when you have a profession you always have to give your best, in every little thing you do. It is a question of excellence and pride.

People pay quite expensive tickets to watch exhibitions, especially when a top ten is participating, and they deserve a good spectacle.

I know that we will never agree on this, and there is no point in discussing this further since we have different life philosophies.

Anyway, I hope that Gaston recovers himself soon.
Don't give me this excellence and pride stuff. Here is the very simple truth has Gaston won a GS title? You know the answer to this and that is far more important than any mickey mouse tournament or an exhibition

His health and well being are more important than any title he has ever won. Should he have played here, the answer is no. But he did play and has take the consequences.

I am happy to leave it there and if you think results in exhos are important then all the power to you.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 02-23-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #92
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

AAAAAAAAAAARGH

Maybe this is why I don't normally enter the tournament threads for Gaston's matches!
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #93
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

OK. He's lost. Apparently badly, given the score. There's something wrong with him, that's sure. The best option if he wasn't fit enough would have been to not enter this event. But, he decided to do it. He played. Won 1 match and lost the 2nd. I mean, when you follow Gaston, you know that this can happen. Of course, it doesn't make you feel like jumping of joy. Of course, you can be worried. Yet, keep it in mind. The most important isn't playing the best he can all the time. He's human, and probably more emotional than most of other players on tour. His game is all the more affected by that. He'll be back to his usual self. He always does.....just trust the guy.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #94
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Going well on the road to conversion.... Going backwards, that is.
Hi Peta, saw your name on mtf and thought WTF is that thread!?! ahh same ol' gaston kerfuffles.

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #95
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
I am sorry that Gastón lost, but I agree with GWH - there are more important tournaments coming up where he must do well - this one is really not important. In retrospect perhaps he should not have entered here but given himself another week to rest and prepare mentally and physically - guess he did not want to let people down which is good. But it's over now - onto the next tournament.
Of course, Rosie, there are more important tournament coming uo...this is obvious. The problem is that Gaston said hismelf after first round that he doesns't feel fit and that he had lost his confidence. Since the 6-0, 6-0 against Federer he lost his confidence. So, in that conditions he cannot do well in big tournaments either. I agree with Florencia in that. So, i hoe he could recover soon.
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #96
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia
I agree with you María: he has lost confidence, but Why? What happened?

I am afraid that this result has nothing to do with heat (it affects both players), not even with his recent injury (he has not been playing well for a long time: exhibition events, hopman cup, Australia, Viña). It seems to be something deeper and it is starting to worry me.
I agree with you, Florencia, as i posted to answer Rosie: i think the click was the 6-0, 6-0 against Federer in Masters Cup. He has to be over and play brilliantly as he knows to do. The Gaston i saw on court yesterday reminded me the old Gastón before RG win: without motivation, without confidence, without will to play, wihtout energy and concentration: as he was in a hole.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #97
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

If Gaston played shit in the Australian Open (the event that counted) then someone was watching another event. I am not talking about the 2 matches before, actually the one he lost to Santoro, he played well against a very tough opponent but lost, it happens.

He loses a match in a Mickey Mouse tournament and now the end is near. It's not like he has been the bastion of consistency. I mean he had 1 good tournament performance before he won the big one, absolutely no need to overreact.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #98
country flag yomike

yomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond reputeyomike has a reputation beyond repute

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa!! I have nothing to say about Gaston.

Good Luck

Richard
Gaston
Juan Carlos
Ivan
David
yomike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #99
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
If Gaston played shit in the Australian Open (the event that counted) then someone was watching another event. I am not talking about the 2 matches before, actually the one he lost to Santoro, he played well against a very tough opponent but lost, it happens.

He loses a match in a Mickey Mouse tournament and now the end is near. It's not like he has been the bastion of consistency. I mean he had 1 good tournament performance before he won the big one, absolutely no need to overreact.
Totally agree - just popped in here in my lunchbreak at work - and there is so much over-reaction here Sorry - but with the best will in the world - why are people getting so upset about a 2nd round loss in a Mickey Mouse tournament or an exhibition somewhere! There are far worse things going on in the world and in peoples' lives than Gastón losing a tennis match -so this may sound harsh - but why can't people just get over it and move on OK - back to work

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #100
country flag maria87

Quote:
Totally agree - just popped in here in my lunchbreak at work - and there is so much over-reaction here Sorry - but with the best will in the world - why are people getting so upset about a 2nd round loss in a Mickey Mouse tournament or an exhibition somewhere! There are far worse things going on in the world and in peoples' lives than Gastón losing a tennis match -so this may sound harsh - but why can't people just get over it and move on OK - back to work
sorry, i think you over-reacted here about our reaction!! what do you make think we are not working because we just talk about Gaston loss????? I am working right now at home, with my computer.
I am not dying or anything else, i am just talking about Gaston tennis.

About Santoro-Gaudio, he did not play as he can: he failed in the important points when he was almost winning the match. He said after the match: "I weaked up without energy, i didn't have the energy to play that match today" Old Gaston as i said before. And I am a huge fan of him since really a lot of time before RG title.
Ok, back to work me too!!

Last edited by maria87 : 02-23-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #101
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am sorry that Gastón lost, but I agree with GWH - there are more important tournaments coming up where he must do well - this one is really not important. In retrospect perhaps he should not have entered here but given himself another week to rest and prepare mentally and physically - guess he did not want to let people down which is good. But it's over now - onto the next tournament.
I agree with most parts of everybody’s posts, i.e. this wasn’t an important tournament, Gastón wasn’t in good shape, he shouldn’t have taken part, it’s worrying to see him playing so badly, etc… And I have it taped but I don’t want to see the match, so all I know is from watching bits in the sports programmes or hearing other people’s comments or from reports I’ve read.

But some things are objectively true: Even if one says it doesn’t matter that he lost, it DID matter to Gastón, very much! He was fed up with the whole setup - the state of the court, the extreme weather conditions (the stands were empty, only the poor fool players were forced to brave the heat, and all four main seeded players are out!), but principally with his own level. And the worst part was when he yelled something like (rough translation) “I’m embarrassing myself” (“Estoy haciendo un papelón!”) which is what he dreads most. He can’t stand feeling he’s making a fool of himself, trapped on a court when he feels he wants to hide away in shame.

I think he entered this tournament, even if he wasn’t ready, because he has to start somewhere to gain confidence and competition level again, and because he felt he couldn’t let the organizers down for the event not to be a complete fiasco. But how can he gain confidence if he goes away feeling he can’t beat a player ranked 130 something? In fact, he IS competing all the time, even in exhibitions, but against himself, trying to improve his game, and he gets really frustrated when he plays badly.

This shoulder injury has been tough for someone who’s hardly ever injured, and I guess only Gastón and his team know how he’s playing when he’s practicing and how it compares with his performance during a match, to be able to determine if he’s physically ready to start competing.

And btw, let’s remember we’re all in a Gaudio fan forum, we’re all friends, so let’s respect each other’s legitimate points of view!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #102
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
About Santoro-Gaudio, he did not play as he can: he failed in the important points when he was almost winning the match. He said after the match: "I weaked up without energy, i didn't have the energy to play that match today" Old Gaston as i said before. And I am a huge fan of him since really a lot of time before RG title.
Ok, back to work me too!!
Yes, I saw the match live and didn't miss a point and there you go again with the excuses about waking up without energy.

Gaston didn't make that many errors in the match and more winners and Santoro was so consistent. Very simple Santoro did better on his break point conversion, this is not saying that Gaudio played badly, he didn't convert his chances against an excellent opponent and hence the loss.

As for this match of course there has been overreaction.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #103
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
I agree with most parts of everybody’s posts, i.e. this wasn’t an important tournament, Gastón wasn’t in good shape, he shouldn’t have taken part, it’s worrying to see him playing so badly, etc… And I have it taped but I don’t want to see the match, so all I know is from watching bits in the sports programmes or hearing other people’s comments or from reports I’ve read.

But some things are objectively true: Even if one says it doesn’t matter that he lost, it DID matter to Gastón, very much! He was fed up with the whole setup - the state of the court, the extreme weather conditions (the stands were empty, only the poor fool players were forced to brave the heat, and all four main seeded players are out!), but principally with his own level. And the worst part was when he yelled something like (rough translation) “I’m embarrassing myself” (“Estoy haciendo un papelón!”) which is what he dreads most. He can’t stand feeling he’s making a fool of himself, trapped on a court when he feels he wants to hide away in shame.

I think he entered this tournament, even if he wasn’t ready, because he has to start somewhere to gain confidence and competition level again, and because he felt he couldn’t let the organizers down for the event not to be a complete fiasco. But how can he gain confidence if he goes away feeling he can’t beat a player ranked 130 something? In fact, he IS competing all the time, even in exhibitions, but against himself, trying to improve his game, and he gets really frustrated when he plays badly.

This shoulder injury has been tough for someone who’s hardly ever injured, and I guess only Gastón and his team know how he’s playing when he’s practicing and how it compares with his performance during a match, to be able to determine if he’s physically ready to start competing.

And btw, let’s remember we’re all in a Gaudio fan forum, we’re all friends, so let’s respect each other’s legitimate points of view!
Lovely post Vale I pretty much agree with everything you had to say
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #104
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Me too, obviously

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #105
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

He´ll bounce back.
As George said, he is not the bastion of consistency. I wouldn´t take this result or some of his previous results (specially exhibition matches don´t shot me ) as an absolute parameter for his future results. It is obviously not nice waching one of you faves losing like this, and in Gastón case it can be scary considering his oncourt (body and/or oral) language.
But I will wait and see what his results are in bigger (and/or other) tournaments.

Last edited by lau : 02-23-2006 at 04:54 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote