Feijoada, Samba, Capoiera and Gaston in Brasil Cheering Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #31
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Back on THE RIGHT Surface, You've got a Title to Defend" Cheering Thread

What happened??

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 01:32 AM   #32
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Back on THE RIGHT Surface, You've got a Title to Defend" Cheering Thread

He lost a match far from the end of the world, it's not like Gaston has lost matches that were harder to lose than to win, it's over and now has to prepare for Davis Cup.

As for the bad court surface, well it's the same for both players and he was good enough to handle it last year, but not today.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #33
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

for Gaston fans. I'm so sad for him I really thought I'd see him in the final against one of the Chileans.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:15 AM   #34
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
He lost a match far from the end of the world , it's not like Gaston has lost matches that were harder to lose than to win, it's over and now has to prepare for Davis Cup.

As for the bad court surface, well it's the same for both players and he was good enough to handle it last year, but not today.
I used the same words in GM
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #35
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
I used the same words in GM
Better watch it now. It seems that we could be the same actual person now because of what you said.

Honestly, there isn't any point in getting too pissed off with the result. The thing is he actually needs to do well in the 4 major clay events which he didn't do last season.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-02-2006, 03:36 AM   #36
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Better watch it now. It seems that we could be the same actual person now because of what you said.
yeah I read that one
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 AM   #37
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
yeah I read that one
It's not hard to check an ISP address and that would sort out any problem, then again he will be getting a Gonzalez forehand to the head, as long as he shows up in Sydney.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-02-2006, 04:13 AM   #38
country flag diegogg

diegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond reputediegogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly, there isn't any point in getting too pissed off with the result. The thing is he actually needs to do well in the 4 major clay events which he didn't do last season.
But if he´s blowing it in these small events, how's he gonna do well in the big four??
Old 02-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #39
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegogg
But if he´s blowing it in these small events, how's he gonna do well in the big four??
You are so missing the bigger picture, so do you want me to explain it to you?

The simple version is no one really gives a fuck about the smaller events, when for him the real season starts in Monte Carlo, the fact is he made the top 10 not just cause of optional results.

It was results in 3 of the non clay TMS events that helped him to be where he is, but the ranking is really irrelevant and so is this result.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #40
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute

Even though it's small event, it's sad
I remember the way he won last year...

Well, now it's time to get ready for DC! iVamos Argentina!

December 1-3, 2006 Moscow - A fairy tale I'll never forget

~*~Also the Proud Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society~*~

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today. - James Dean

sonatinca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #41
country flag Florencia

Florencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond repute

George, your approach is totally correct from a pragmatic standpoint, but I believe that there are other aspects that have nothing to do with the importance of the event or the points necessary to maintain a ranking position. I am referring to pride and prestige. I will always support Gaston, but it really makes me sad when he blows chances against rivals who cannot even compare to him.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #42
country flag Aguante_el_Gato

Aguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
HI GWH, 100% agree.

By the way, in don't remember where, but I read Gastón declarations, saying that the return to clay had cost him to much, because there was long time ago which he did not play in that surface, and that he had felt without speed
TENNIS TIPPING:
Singles Ranking: 89 (Jul, 14th) - W: 2007: Acapulco
SUICIDE:
Ranking: 45 (Jul, 14th) - W: Montreal 2007

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO IS HERE
AND WILLY 'BIG HEART' CAÑAS IS BACK
Aguante_el_Gato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #43
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia
George, your approach is totally correct from a pragmatic standpoint, but I believe that there are other aspects that have nothing to do with the importance of the event or the points necessary to maintain a ranking position. I am referring to pride and prestige. I will always support Gaston, but it really makes me sad when he blows chances against rivals who cannot even compare to him.
I tend to agree, Florencia. I´m not the typical tennis fan because I give so much importance to the human side of success or defeat. In this case, I imagine Gastón travelled to Viña as if he was going to a party - the returning champion, seeded #1, an easy tournament, a beautiful seaside resort, admiring gf by his side - and suddenly the harsh unpredictability of sport threw it all back in his face. I hate to think about how he must have felt, but hopefully he has developped a thicker skin through the years, and he knows his worth as a person apart from his job and doesn´t rely on tennis results to define him.

A friend in the Yahoo group pointed out that it´s almost two years (since Estoril 2004?) since he lost to "just nobody" in a small tournament on a clay court, so he´s been pretty consistent, really.

Now he has more time to get back in his stride on clay and I hope he´ll be practising soon with Mancini. Calleri is through to semis playing doubles in Viña so he´ll arrive later.

VAMOS GASTI AND THE ARGENTINE DC TEAM!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #44
country flag Aguante_el_Gato

Aguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond reputeAguante_el_Gato has a reputation beyond repute

according to clarin , Gastón has an injury and could miss the DC next week http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/02...m-01135054.htm
TENNIS TIPPING:
Singles Ranking: 89 (Jul, 14th) - W: 2007: Acapulco
SUICIDE:
Ranking: 45 (Jul, 14th) - W: Montreal 2007

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO IS HERE
AND WILLY 'BIG HEART' CAÑAS IS BACK
Aguante_el_Gato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #45
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/02...m-01135054.htm

2 February 2006 - 16:37

DAVIS CUP

GAUDIO COULD BE OUT OF THE SERIES AGAINST SWEDEN

He returned to his country where a tendinitis in his right shoulder has been detected. According to the traumatologist who examined him, “it´s very unlikely that he will be in a condition to play”. The clashes with the European team will take place on the 10th, 11th and 12th of this month

Alter being eliminated yesterday in the Viña del Mar tournament, Gastón Gaudio returned to Argentina with his shoulder bothering him and he went to the CENARD (the official Center for high performance sports) where he saw the traumatologist Javier Maquirriain, who confirmed that the tennis player is suffering from a tendinitis and that it is very unlikely that he will be in a condition to play in the Davis Cup. The Argentine team will face Sweden as from Friday 10th.

“ My shoulder hurts”, the Gato said. “I arrived from Chile a while ago and I came here directly because it was bothering me and I want to know exactly what it is”, he added.

Alter seeing the results of the first tests carried out in the Medical Department of the CENARD, Maquirriain confirmed: “Gaudio is suffering from a tendinitis in the “infraespinoso” of his right shoulder, and his participation in the Davis Cup could be at risk”.

F***!!!!!!!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote