The FedBot 6000 Chronicles: Monte Carlo update. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
country flag Bagelicious

Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute
Cool The FedBot 6000 Chronicles: Monte Carlo update.

*Monte Carlo Edit is 3 posts below.*

Old Post:

After one hour of sleep last night and watching the AO final, I was inspired to write this:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=67530

Now we all know that Roger isn't a robot - far from it, he's extremely emotional, but he's just learned how to hide it. During today's match, you could see some emotion bubbling away during the first 2 sets, but after he relaxed and became more comfortable, his face seemed to close off, and I thought it was amazing how his game moved up a notch, like a switch had been flipped.

Of course, when he broke down during his speech, it was obvious how everything had been bottled up - the pressure, the past two weeks, the honour of having Rod Laver hand him the trophy - and I found it very moving.

However, that didn't stop me from inventing and writing about the FedBot 6000; just having some lack-of-sleep-induced fun. But I thought I should consult with fellow fans in order to see if I should continue with this endeavour or if I should just go bury myself in a hole right now.

Do you want to see more of the FedBot? Should it have more features? Should it have a MirkaMaintenanceBot for the appropriate care and upkeeping of the sensitive and high-functioning FedBot? Perhaps a ClayBot 3.0 (Spanish version)? Maybe a Bot-ification of the top 10....hmmm....now I'm getting ideas....

I've already had a request from Dirk that the FedBot return for Roland Garros (preferrably in full 'Annihilator' mode). Let me know if there are any instalments you'd like to see and I'll try to incorporate them.

I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!

Last edited by Bagelicious : 04-27-2006 at 03:28 AM.
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introducing...The FedBot 6000

Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #3
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The FedBot 6000 Thread - Ridiculous, Rollicking, Rambunctious & Roger-inspired

I watch the match again today~!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:52 AM   #4
country flag Bagelicious

Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The FedBot 6000 Chronicles: Monte Carlo update.

Warning: Somewhat long.

This may be a little late and most of you are already tired of discussing Fed's mental issues, Nadal's heavy topspin forehand to Roger's backhand and the relish shown by some Roddick and Nadal fans at Roger's loss.

Unfortunately, I only watched the match via livescore and even though I expected it, I was still gutted when I saw the tiebreak score change from 5-6 to say 'winner: Rafael Nadal'. Hopefully we could have a little fun in here during the claycourt lead up to RG.

Since my perception of the match is through livescore and MTF, I thought I would write an article on the match based on various postings, the changes in the livescore and replays from atpmastersseries.tv.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
country flag Bagelicious

Without further ado, I present to you:

The FedBot6000 Goes To Monte Carlo: An MTF Perspective
A true story of love, hate and betrayal during one Bot's quest for world domination through tennis.

As the Monte Carlos Tennis Masters tournament drew near, a new strain of threads started to appear (in some cases reappear) in the 'General Messages' (GM) section of the world-renown tennis-fanatic website, menstennisforums.com (MTF).

Threads ranging from the helpful Amarone's 'Live Stream for Monte Carlo' to the hopeful 'Passion of the JesusFed, Vamos Rafa!' by AlfonsoJoe and the angry 'I can't see the damn ball!' (uNIVERSE mAN) could be spotted among the chaos that is GM.

Betting odds and ever popular 'Who will win' polls were posted; opinions were tossed around like hot potatoes - tennis fever ran high. An ever narrowing draw had revealed an imminent match up like no other: the FedBot6000 vs. ClayBot 3.0 in the finals of the Monte Carlo Masters. The day before the final, a controversial thread emerged on GM. Courtesy of Mirkaland, the title said it all 'Roger on Rafa: "He's quite one-dimensional"' and immediately caused an uproar.

Set 1 (6-2 ClayBot): On the day of the final, our intrepid reporter (that would be me, folks) woke up at the unheard of time of 8.30 a.m. to watch the match. Switching between livescore, the livestream links provided on GM and the 'Monte Carlo 2006' (Fightclubber) Thread in the Federer Express, a depressing picture was emerging. The Claybot 3.0 was leading 4-0. The FedBot managed to finally get on the board with the 5th game, inspiring satisfied ClayBot fan A_Skywalker's 'Nadal Was Close To Bagelling Fed in the 1st Set' GM thread.

Quote of the Set:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isy
can't believe how relief I am that Rogi actually got a game and avoided being bagelled...
Set 2 (6-7 ClayBot): Livescore showed this to be close. The Bots battled it out, staying neck and neck, with FedBot dominating the tiebreak 7-2 to win the set. Daze 11 emerged on the 'Almost Bagelled' thread to support the FedBot; Bandabou expressed horror at his level of play while various others (including one citrusy ServeBot fan who shall remain unnamed) expressed their disdain towards the FedBot and his fan base.

Quote of the set:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzim
The way this kid runs down every ball is scary
Set 3 (6-3 ClayBot): Things were looking up for the FedBot as it went up 1-0 on the ClayBot's serve. However, the ClayBot took a break for a minor malfunction and some speculated it decreased the FedBot momentum. The unstoppable ClayBot was able to break back and ended up taking the set comfortably.

Quote of the set:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo
Mirka looks scared.
Set 4 (7-6 ClayBot): Things looked very bleak for the FedBot6000 as the seemingly unshakeableClayBot ran off to a 3-0 lead. However, the FedBot showed indomnitable fighting spirit as the livescore slowly crept up in his favour. Reaching a tiebreak, there was some indication that there was to be a 5th set as the FedBot had 3 mini-breaks. The impressive ClayBot kept cool and 6-5 up, smacked the decisive winner to end the match.

Quote of the set:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeLove
I'm going to piss my pants!
Aftermath:

There was chaos. For a full 10 minutes the 'PRIORITY ACCESS' message flashed when trying to access the forums. In the 24 hours afterwards, GM contents could be broken down as follows:
3 'FedBot Lost' threads,
5 'ClayBot Won't Last',
2 'Does FedBot Need to Change It's Strategy?'
6 'Strategy to Beat ClayBot'
7 'Can FedBot win Roland Garros?' (with polls) and
1 'Boxers, Briefs or Boxer-Briefs' thread.

Quote of the Aftermath:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland
Not this again. Let's be above all the 'tards' in GM.

Last edited by Bagelicious : 04-27-2006 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:07 AM   #6
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

MTF perspective??? MTF has no perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajonie
(including one citrusy ServeBot fan who shall remain unnamed) expressed their disdain towards the FedBot and his fan base.
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #7
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I don't like Rogi being called any kind of "bot" cos he's not.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 AM   #8
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this report, too bad Fedbot couldn't erase this freaking "BH in the net" malfunction. The Claybot has a tendency to play strokes that were not recognized by Fedbot's radar, like "weird crosscourt BH passing on the line" and "loopy FH out of nowhere that goes in". The "crappy match start" virus is under study and should be removed from Fedbot Operating System ASAP.

Fedbot needs a reprogramming before Roland Garros, including "Full attack mode", and the "Rod Laver 1969 chip" that has not been ordered yet by Mirka and Roche, they must hurry up, shipping can take some time...

Another thing, there's a bug in Fedbot press conference software, clay version: Fedbot keeps saying Claybot is not better than him on clay, this bug should be fixed before Roland Garros, or the Fedbot will heat up too much to perform well...

Last edited by TheMightyFed : 04-25-2006 at 07:24 AM.
TheMightyFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:42 AM   #9
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

i wish i could double rep you for this, kajonie! Brilliant!

may i add on the aftermath that the Roger said Rafa is one dimentional thread even created more havoc after the Fedbot's loss.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Fedbot is what?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
country flag LCeh

LCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond reputeLCeh has a reputation beyond repute

It's a joke, saying Roger is a robot.
LCeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
country flag SUKTUEN

oh GOD~~my Roger~~~~
Old 04-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyFed
Another thing, there's a bug in Fedbot press conference software, clay version: Fedbot keeps saying Claybot is not better than him on clay, this bug should be fixed before Roland Garros, or the Fedbot will heat up too much to perform well...

But I think they had tried the other edition of the PC software with Fedbot being the nice, humble, taking cute pics and sending SMS version, and it ended up with disastrous results, so they came out with this "fix".

It's said it's still under observation if it will actually fire up the Fedbot engine more effectively, or on contrary the claybot's. It's a gamble.
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
country flag SUKTUEN

oh
Old 04-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #15
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsy

But I think they had tried the other edition of the PC software with Fedbot being the nice, humble, taking cute pics and sending SMS version, and it ended up with disastrous results, so they came out with this "fix".

It's said it's still under observation if it will actually fire up the Fedbot engine more effectively, or on contrary the claybot's. It's a gamble.
I think the best fix would be ironically a robotic response - not nice, not petty but a non-commital, standard press response.